P&R Election Day 2016 Special
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-11-09 14:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if only she didn't delete 33,000 moon readings!!

[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-11-09 14:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm starting to wonder if the good sportsmanship that's going around with Trump, Clinton, Obama, etc. is just to temporarily reduce the drama because they're all so frickin' tired at this point.

Some of it is genuine (between Hillary and Trump at least - they were friends!). I expect a lot of it is because they all really just want what's best for the country and realize that division is not the way forward.

From Trump's angle: as much as people liked chanting "Lock her up!" there is precisely zero chance that Trump does a thing about it. That whole thing is going to go away because Trump is going to have to make some friends on the other side of the aisle. He won, and winning gracefully isn't that hard (though people do screw it up).

From Hillary's angle: she goes out graciously, knowing this is probably her final act. She knows she got beat, and she's smart enough to know how and why she got beat. Going out as a sore loser discredits her very real (and whatever your politics, very impressive) legacy.

From Obama's angle: Obama has as much reason to loathe Trump as anyone, especially given that Trump's stated mission is to essentially unravel Obama's legacy. But Obama's usually been pretty good about taking the high road in public, and is concerned enough about the future of the country that he probably just wants to get the healing process underway as fast as possible.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 14:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If Obama is smart, he could actually pick the Supreme Court justice now. He is in the position to pick the one he likes the most from the list of 20 or so Trump has already released, saying that he would nominate them on his first days of office.

This is a perfect opportunity to finish his term on a high note.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-09 14:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to wonder if the good sportsmanship that's going around with Trump, Clinton, Obama, etc. is just to temporarily reduce the drama because they're all so frickin' tired at this point.
It's all a conspiracy (isn't everything this year) and Trump, Clinton, Obama were always working together!!
[+]
Administrator
Server: Exodus
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Putin On'the'ritz 2016-11-09 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If Obama is smart, he could actually pick the Supreme Court justice now. He is in the position to pick the one he likes the most from the list of 20 or so Trump has already released, saying that he would nominate them on his first days of office.

This actually rankles me. The GOP's bad faith with regards to justices has now been rewarded, and that's shitty.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 14:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
It's all a conspiracy (isn't everything this year) and Trump, Clinton, Obama were always working together!!
After South Korea, I actually believe this a lot.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 14:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Putin On'the'ritz said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

This actually rankles me. The GOP's bad faith with regards to justices has now been rewarded, and that's shitty.
Politics like usual.

I mean, there has been bad plays by both sides over the years that ends up benefiting those who are really pieces of ***. Like Cruz and his temper-tantrum government shutdown.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-09 14:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yup. you approve Obama's guy and pray for another justice to die like a man.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 14:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

yup. you approve Obama's guy and pray for another justice to die like a man.
Pray that another justice dies on a non-presidential-election year with a D in the White House.

But honestly, this ploy can be done against the Republicans on a later date, and they can't *** about it then.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 14:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you feel depressed today, remember Lordgrim 2020.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-09 14:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If you feel depressed today, remember Lordgrim 2020.

You don't know for sure that we didn't get Lordgrim 2016.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 14:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

He said he'll be eligible in 2020 only, what don't you trust him?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 15:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Lordgrim did you change your name again ?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If Lordgrim is running hell I might throw my hat in the mix. Simpson's President elect !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Duff beer for everyone.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-11-09 15:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-11-09 15:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
No one's saying Farmer John in Nevada can't mind his own business, he just shouldn't be a bigot while minding it unless he's in the privacy of his own home.

Who are you (or I) to say what he should or shouldn't be. If the farmer isn't physically harming anyone or violating someones property rights he can be as biggoted as he wants.

What about people on the other side? Should they only be allowed to express their opinion in the privacy of their own home? If you believe that, then why are you here, expressing your opinion in public?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 15:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Candlejack said: »
No one's saying Farmer John in Nevada can't mind his own business, he just shouldn't be a bigot while minding it unless he's in the privacy of his own home.

Who are you (or I) to say what he should or shouldn't be. If the farmer isn't physically harming anyone or violating someones property rights he can be as biggoted as he wants.

What about people on the other side? Should they only be allowed to express their opinion in the privacy of their own home? If you believe that, then why are you here, expressing your opinion in public?
Some people consider it ok to be bigoted against bigots. Never mind that they are doing the very thing they condemn.

So, to them, hypocrisy is not something to steer clear of, but to embrace and nurture.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 15:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
the whole point of the freedom was just that; to let people be as dumb as they want or follow any belief they want.

you can hate and protest anything imaginable freely too, that's your right. Just because some conservatives or some liberals don't like it doesn't mean a thing.
It's just so hypocritical to protest a viewpoint in favor of your own.

A lot of protests are like that, especially Occupy Wall Street.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-09 15:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Trump protesters would have spent a quarter of that precious time campaigning for Hillary maybe she wouldn't have had her *** handed to her in the general election.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-09 15:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

humanity is very hypocritical. Even you and I hundreds of times in our lives. /shrug.

you're actually pretty consistent.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-09 15:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
humanity is very hypocritical. Even you and I hundreds of times in our lives. /shrug.

you're actually pretty consistent.

She's like a shot of Crown Royal.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 23 24 25