First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-09 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
ead. Hand over your club, ffs.

If it had been the other way the liberals here would be having a party and you'd be joining with them.

Anna Ruthven said: »
I admit, there was a bit of underestimating Trump from me. "It's Trump, he can't win. This will be easy." Yet here we are. lol

That's to be expected, Trump won by energizing and motivating the rural population which rarely votes or responds to polls. Both political parties largely ignore this population segment because they don't vote. It's why Trump won the Republican nomination, Democrats should of caught on but they were too blind with their own prejudice to realize they were doing nothing but alienating rural voters.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-09 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
How can we have a civil intellectual discourse with posts like this?

Needless taunts may not add to the conversation, and I generally abhor them but his base opinion is there.

And that is the prpblem with liberals largely, they want to discard anything that offends them and do so well at it that they think they've won.

And so here we are, angry toupee and all.

I genuinely want to say "no offense", if offense can be avoided.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 12:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
All opinions should be allowed, regardless of intellectual content.
It was in the context of some pages ago when Saevel complained that no one bothered to talk it out with people who disagree instead of screaming at them.

And I said that getting the point through certain posters is difficult when they show a certain behaviour..

Same way I called out Candlejack earlier.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-09 12:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

labeling people you don't agree with is the problem.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-09 12:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
How can we have a civil intellectual discourse with posts like this?

Needless taunts may not add to the conversation, and I generally abhor them but his base opinion is there.

And that is the prpblem with liberals largely, they want to discard anything that offends them and do so well at it that they think they've won.

And so here we are, angry toupee and all.

I genuinely want to say "no offense", if offense can be avoided.
The irony of someone claiming that one group wants to discard anything that offends them is someone who wants to do away with something that offends them...

Also for someone who put people into a group of "intelligent conservatives" you certainly do seem to try and lump all Dems into one bin...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-09 12:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It was in the context of some pages ago when Saevel complained that no one bothered to talk it out with people who disagree instead of screaming at them.

And I said that getting the point through certain posters is difficult when they show a certain behaviour..

Same way I called out Candlejack earlier.

I wasn't aware there was pre-text there, my bad. I thought it was a blanket statement.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-09 12:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
If it had been the other way the liberals here would be having a party and you'd be joining with them.
You aren't exactly wrong, I probably would. Anyway, what's done is done and it can't be stopped so I'm accepting it and hoping for the best.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 12:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is the problem I am highlighting.

Any debate loses all meaning when people join in saying "all liberals say this" "all conservatives say that". And you just did exactly that too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-09 12:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant no offense candlejack, please remove that blist on me /grin
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 12:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is guilty of that.

Some people are just more guilty than others.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-09 12:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is the problem I am highlighting.

Any debate loses all meaning when people join in saying "all liberals say this" "all conservatives say that". And you just did exactly that too.

Bolded, maybe I should have phrased it differently though.

Most liberals, as presented by the media' can be lumped together in certain common qualities not related to their political beliefs.

EXACTLY THE SAME is true about republicans...maybe with subsets divided by wealth.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 12:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most liberals, as presented by the media' can be lumped together in certain common qualities not related to their political beliefs.
Thing is, even they have admitted it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-09 12:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
An opinion piece on the nyt admits what now?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-09 12:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the biggest take-away is this:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Now imagine a breaking news if Hillary would have won? Perhaps that nuclear winter would have come early as some of you imagined this morning...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-09 12:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is guilty of that.

Some people are just more guilty than others.

What you racist homophobe misogynistic white privileged shitlord, how dare you old a political belief not officially sanctioned by us! Now kneel and acknowledge our greatness as your new lords and masters.

That's exactly how the liberal elitists come off as, condescending to those poor dumb uneducated filthy racist white males who dare to have a political opinion. The sheer amount of arrogance involved only serves to piss off the rural people who usually just want to mind their own business and be left alone. And instead of acknowledging this group and trying to communicate with them, the liberals insulted and derided them on a daily basis for years. That attitude is guaranteed to produce a response, and therefor Trump won the election against "Queen" Clinton.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-09 12:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent read, ty.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-09 12:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

EXACTLY THE SAME is true about republicans...maybe with subsets divided by wealth.

Usually it's the Evangelicals. The ones who insist on asking God for guidance on what breakfast cereal to eat. Those guys have their own little bubble they live in that defies reality.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 12:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent read, ty.
No problem, I'm glad you read it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-09 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly how the liberal elitists come off as, condescending to those poor dumb uneducated filthy racist white males who dare to have a political opinion. The sheer amount of arrogance involved only serves to piss off the rural people who usually just want to mind their own business and be left alone.

what's funny is that there's a kernel of truth here, but your presentation is just as shitty as those you're so eager to chastise.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-09 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually it's the Evangelicals. The ones who insist on asking God for guidance on what breakfast cereal to eat. Those guys have their own little bubble they live in that defies reality.

I'd disagree only because I think even the more reasonably religious or atheist Rs bow to the religious pressure so as to hold their party together.

Whereas, the wealth divide has the rich who are selfishly rich, the upper-middle-class who want to retain what they've earned and the poorer who want some stability in the economy so maybe they cab have loftier goals than surviving til next Friday.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-09 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly how the liberal elitists come off as, condescending to those poor dumb uneducated filthy racist white males who dare to have a political opinion. The sheer amount of arrogance involved only serves to piss off the rural people who usually just want to mind their own business and be left alone.

what's funny is that there's a kernel of truth here, but your presentation is just as shitty as those you're so eager to chastise.

There is a whole damn corn field of truth there.

The presentation is on purpose, violators are supposed to feel a nudge of discomfort upon reading it. It's your brain recognizing that it might be true, and then shutting the thought out in order to preserve the central ego and prevent cognitive dissonance. See a hip modern "cool" progressive liberal can't possible view themselves as the agitator or oppressor, even when they are guilty of doing precisely that. So the mind comes up with all sorts of little tricks and beliefs in order to convince the person that they are "right" and still a "good person".

This is nothing new or unique to the Democratic party. For centuries there have been sections of society that surrounded themselves with a wall of false presumption of righteousness. The Republican party was the same way until their reality was shattered recently.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe you should stop thinking that everyone fits into the same exact copy of each other, Master Hyperbole.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-09 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI. Typed long post. It disappeared into the other.

FFS.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-09 13:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Into the aether!

*** autocorrect!
By fonewear 2016-11-09 13:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to shatter the glass ceiling but Trump got in the way !
By Ramyrez 2016-11-09 13:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyhow.

TL;not retyping:

I've lived both ways of life. Rural people and metropolitan people both have ***they don't understand about the other and they make a lot of undue assumptions, problems happen, and no one is entirely innocent of problematic thinking in this regard. Even people like me who have lived both ways and see the good and bad in both ways of life.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-09 13:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sending all of you nope T shirts !

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-09 13:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd disagree only because I think even the more reasonably religious or atheist Rs bow to the religious pressure so as to hold their party together.

Whereas, the wealth divide has the rich who are selfishly rich, the upper-middle-class who want to retain what they've earned and the poorer who want some stability in the economy so maybe they cab have loftier goals than surviving til next Friday.

I'm not talking about typical divides but about groups that purposefully blind themselves so as to ensure they feel good whenever they look at themselves in the mirror. "I may not be as great as I wanted to, but at least I'm not as bad as *those people*".

Contrary to popular belief the super rich can't afford to do that, otherwise they soon lose all that wealth. Staying on top has the disadvantage that someone is always looking to usurp your position. So while you definitely get trophy wives, drug abusing children and ignorant families, somewhere in there is a person who knows exactly what their doing and isn't blinding themselves.

The mistake the Democrat leaders made was they started actually believing the *** they feed to the rank and file after electing the "first black president". All while conveniently ignoring that Obama is half white. Eventually they just assumed they would win because of how great they were, and didn't notice that they were pissing off an entire population segment with their frequent jokes and public derision.

Stop and think about it, how many of the posters here have made derisive and / or negative comments about rural Americans, otherwise known as "white people without a degree". See poor disenfranchised black / hispanic people tend to live in the inner cities while poor disenfranchised white people tend to live in rural areas. It's taboo to make a negative remark about uneducated black inner city males but it's perfectly acceptable, even encouraged, to make negative remarks about uneducated white rural males. Well congratulations you just helped get Trump elected. Trump didn't need to spend a ton of money because liberal elitists were doing all the work for him.

And people didn't think there would be consequences.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25