October 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-11 08:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's instantaneous like most other bad Intense Ambuscade moves. I think the only bad move with a long charge up time was that one spawned Goblin that throws bombs, but he wasn't even targettable. As I mentioned above, though, he really doesn't have much HP at all. Would be curious to see if he's killable in 1 Shock Squall (on D) assuming he isn't completely immune to Stun. Can't check atm.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-11 08:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like PD zerg on intense Is the way to go this month.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-11 09:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. The last time we did a Perfect Defense zerg was for this:

Cheers to SMN's this round. Let's hope the DD's in the party are strong enough to win in 60 seconds. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-10-11 09:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some1 check if Migawari blocks the dmg of the frogs Hammer?
 Fenrir.Vausabant
Server: Fenrir
user: Vausabant
By Fenrir.Vausabant 2016-10-11 10:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Did some1 check if Migawari blocks the dmg of the frogs Hammer?

I believe someone said scherzo did not work. Also I believe the dispel effect is used before the damage is calculated.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-11 11:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing intense on D 5 boxing WAR RDM BRD GEO WHM and a good SMN. Can kill np. Start with 2k tp, engage it apply dia3 distract 3 geo frailty use ja MS ws x2 pd and go to town. My geo doesn't even have Idris yet. Could do vd with dd dd whm smn brd easy. Mages need to stand 35 yalm plus outta range.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2016-10-11 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Been doing intense on D 5 boxing WAR RDM BRD GEO WHM and a good SMN. Can kill np. Start with 2k tp, engage it apply dia3 distract 3 geo frailty use ja MS ws x2 pd and go to town. My geo doesn't even have Idris yet. Could do vd with dd dd whm smn brd easy. Mages need to stand 35 yalm plus outta range.
I think 5-boxing is already intense itself bro. Lol. But hey, if you can do it, more rewards for you!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
I think 5-boxing is already intense itself bro. Lol. But hey, if you can do it, more rewards for you!

Hah literally.

Just dual boxing was some decent gil.
By RolandJ 2016-10-11 12:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

use ja MS ws x2 pd and go to town.

For those who aren't immediately sure of what Konvict is saying, like me, he means MS=Mighty Strikes, didn't say if GA or GS ws, and and PD=Perfect Defense. Sorry Konvict, your shorthand was a bit of a headache there ^^; Thanks for the info though, quite helpful!
By oyama 2016-10-11 12:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Think RUN's Valiance + OfA would be enough to keep melees alive long enough to zerg it down?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-11 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

RolandJ said: »

For those who aren't immediately sure of what Konvict is saying, like me, he means MS=Mighty Strikes, didn't say if GA or GS ws, and and PD=Perfect Defense. Sorry Konvict, your shorthand was a bit of a headache there ^^; Thanks for the info though, quite helpful!

Yes. Quite helpful to the 5-boxing, gilbuying, super-prebuffing solo enthusiast crowd.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-11 12:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
didn't say if GA or GS ws,

Unless I am totally out of the loop a WAR Mighty Strike zerg always encompasses Resolution spam nowadays to make the whole 5 hits crit for huge numbers which usually can't.

GA is pretty much useless in such situations.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 13:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
didn't say if GA or GS ws,

Unless I am totally out of the loop a WAR Mighty Strike zerg always encompasses Resolution spam nowadays to make the whole 5 hits crit for huge numbers which usually can't.

GA is pretty much useless in such situations.

Resolution is great because WAR has such a high double attack rate. It easily becomes a 6(really common)-8(so-so odds) hit weaponskill once you reach a certain point of double attack. 7 Hit Resos are pretty common.

Even without specifically gearing for it. After gifts/gear I have about +51% in my Resolution Build.

Also throw on Boii Feet+1/Yetshila. Combined with gifts you should have atleast +26% Critical Hit Damage

Also Warcry with max savagery boosts it's damage even further.
 Fenrir.Vausabant
user: Vausabant
By Fenrir.Vausabant 2016-10-11 13:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Yes. Quite helpful to the 5-boxing, gilbuying, super-prebuffing solo enthusiast crowd.

[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-11 14:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages need to stand 35 yalm plus outta range.

Is this just to avoid the MP depletion and full dispell from Quenching Hammer or does it also serve another purpose? With Perfect Defense I don't see it being in order to avoid being 1HKO'd so I'm guessing you're doing it for something other than to avoid damage. He has at least 2 new moves, maybe more, so I'm not sure how many wildcards he might have.

He has a move called Tyrannic Blare that did 14k to the BLU target that had 30 MDT from Shell5 & 1200-1700 to everyone else in amounts that are seemingly related their current MDT/DT. The GEO with highest MDT took least damage, other GEO took a little more, and the other BLU, also with 30 MDT, took 1700. That was with BoG'd vex & no attune. He did 16k to the intended target on a earlier run without BoG Vex.

He also uses the move very quickly. So far he uses it as his first TP move each time. Using BoG + Ecliptic Attrition vex+attune reduced Tyrannic Blare to 3.2k to target & 1-1.2k to everyone else.

Even if the DDs wear some DT gear this might not be survivable without an Aegis, runes, or pup tank. Wearing 50% DT the target would still take around 2.3k damage. Since 3.2k is with 30%, the inverse of 7/10 is 10/7, which is 1.43. Take 1.43 x 3.2k to get the full damage before MDT, which is 4,571. 50% of that is still 2.3k, which is more than most people's HP outside of escha zones.

Though, with a descriptor like "Blare", it might be wind based, don't you think? Blare means to make a loud sound and the closest element I can think of to sound waves, which travel through the air in waves, would be wind. Silence is also wind based and it has to do with sound indirectly.

After bringing a PLD along I finally noticed that Tyrannic Blare depletes your MP. We were all standing there, alive, waiting for Curaga but it never came because there was no MP. We didn't survive long enough before to even realize it I guess, lol. Is bg-wiki wrong or does he have 2 MP depletion moves? I haven't seen Quenching Hammer yet, though, so I'm leaning towards bg-wiki being wrong.

Fenrir.Vausabant said: »
I guess you could say... there were shots fired
Yeah... Pretty rude(of him, not you). Hopefully there's no more of that for a while.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-10-11 14:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quenching Hammer seems to be triggered by weaponskilling him while he's casting a spell (though it's not the only time he can use it).
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-11 14:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Any sign of Tyrannic Blare is just a display issue it seems. Tyrannic Blare is a move generally used by Mamool Ja, which was last month's Ambuscade.

It is likely that it is just displaying in the chat erroneously sometimes instead of Quenching Hammer. They probably based the new mob off the old mob(s) and forgot to change something, or it was a bad copy paste, etc.
By Draylo 2016-10-11 14:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna say, why is a frog using that WS lol
By RolandJ 2016-10-11 14:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Any sign of Tyrannic Blare is just a display issue it seems. Tyrannic Blare is a move generally used by Mamool Ja, which was last month's Ambuscade.

It is likely that it is just displaying in the chat erroneously sometimes instead of Quenching Hammer. They probably based the new mob off the old mob(s) and forgot to change something, or it was a bad copy paste, etc.
Tyrannic Blaze, actually. Well, according to BG's Stealthlord Haraal Ja it is Blaze, but a few other sources are giving it 'Blare'. I stumbled upon Stealthlord's page first and assumed Blare was a new variation. Guess not.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Stealthlord_Haraal_Ja

Draylo said: »

Because he ate Gulool Ja Ja whole? This little frog could definitely swallow that guy up.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-11 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »

Tyrannic Blaze, actually. Well, according to BG's Gulool Ja it is Blaze, but a few other sources are giving it 'Blaze'. There's a few inconsistencies here. Looks like a typo from SE I guess, for the moment...

Been seeing it mentioned in both your post and the last page. :p Tyrannic Blare is a move used by Gulool Ja Ja.

I have not done the event myself yet.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrranic_Blare

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-11 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I dunno, but the thought is funny to me, having a frog make an extremely loud noise at you. :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-11 15:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, that move goes through PD and it wipes you sometimes. It's all luck based, but you can get the frog from anywhere to 0-30%`~. As Wyn stated, a SAMs SP avoids that nasty moves which makes SAM great for this month as a DD. As PD goes off, the SMN immediately runs 35+ yalms away as well with the WHM and any mages minus the GEO. When the DD goes down, the SMN finishes it easy. Have a person out of range kite it if needed. Stopped for the day, have 13k hallmarks (had 4 seals though). Thanks Roland @lol @Bukki. Whatever man. Just trying to help people. I don't even know why I post here anymore >_>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-11 15:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP absolutely destroys this. 3 and a half minute fights for VD Intense with one person ODing, 7 minutes without. PUPx4, COR GEO

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-11 15:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, that move goes through PD and it wipes you sometimes. It's all luck based, but you can get the frog from anywhere to 0-30%`~. As Wyn stated, a SAMs SP avoids that nasty moves which makes SAM great for this month as a DD. As PD goes off, the SMN immediately runs 35+ yalms away as well with the WHM and any mages minus the GEO. When the DD goes down, the SMN finishes it easy. Have a person out of range kite it if needed. Stopped for the day, have 13k hallmarks (had 4 seals though). Thanks Roland @lol @Bukki. Whatever man. Just trying to help people. I don't even know why I post here anymore >_>

Cmon bro, you can't take a light jab? Patriots just steamrolled the browns, and soon enough everyone else. You should be floating high this week.

smh
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-10-11 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Vex + Attunement (non-Idris) enough to resist charm? I know it can be avoided by turning around, but being able to reliably clear with randoms would be nice.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-11 15:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
PUP absolutely destroys this. 3 and a half minute fights for VD Intense with one person ODing, 7 minutes without. PUPx4, COR GEO

Looking for 4 PUP's on Asura, I've got the COR and GEO.

As an alternative, anyone able to PM me a minimal gear acquisition necessary to PUP this?
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-11 15:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Is Vex + Attunement (non-Idris) enough to resist charm? I know it can be avoided by turning around, but being able to reliably clear with randoms would be nice.

It was stated earlier in the thread that even with Idris and Bolster, it pierces the resistance and accuracy loss.

It seems like it will always land if facing the NM.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12