New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 28 29 30
By fonewear 2016-04-07 14:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finding it is 90% waiting to get in 10% actually doing content.
[+]
By Nellarie 2016-04-07 15:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bloodlusty said: »
Was this sarcasm or a serious point?

Very Serious! I love your DRK videos. I think people underestimate how strong 2-hand users are right now, especially after they raised the ATT cap. So moar videos please :D
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-07 15:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Let it be known that if you go in this with 1-4 people during congestion, I severely hate your guts.

I did a /s by the npc, picked up a bst and a nin and killed it easily. Next day, I picked up a blu and a smn, same thing. It's not that hard, people. Team up already.
[+]
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-04-07 15:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nellarie said: »
Very Serious! I love your DRK videos. I think people underestimate how strong 2-hand users are right now, especially after they raised the ATT cap. So moar videos please :D

Like and subscribe to my channel Bloodlusty 1977

:P
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-07 18:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get three diff augments on a cape? one from each item?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-07 18:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
You can get three diff augments on a cape? one from each item?
Yes.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-07 18:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The biggest difference is non-BLU DD's need more support. BLU's hasting themselves has largely spoiled healers and other support people into thinking they don't need to keep haste up on the other DD's.

Agreed. Certain jobs do need more support and a correct balance of jobs to make them shine. The biggest issue with the game still is people bandwagon roles and do not care or take time to understand how another role can play its part.. up unto the point where it gets known and then exploited into the next bandwagon job and then everyone wants to play it

I cant hide from the fact I love DRK (it's well known) and I don't care its not at the top of the DD list. I do care that I put effort into a role I enjoy and want to get the most from though

A good friend of mine also loves his DRK. He recently finished AGing Apoc and we've been able to use him in CL135 stuff. CR can put out some pretty sick numbers now which is what he mostly uses.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-07 18:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The way they went about it gave 2H a natural advantage in the ceiling.

cRatio caps are
1H: 3.25
2H: 3.75
Ranged: 3.5??? (this one seems weird)

Gives 2H a 15.3% higher per hit damage ceiling, assuming they can get enough buffs / debuffs to reach it which WAR and DRK can. The AG RME's made certain super weapons ridiculous.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-07 18:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprisingly under appreciated on a dragon: DRG

Incidentally, our runs have been about 30 seconds on VD. At that level of shortness, I can ride OFA and Battuta the whole fight and focus entirely on offense (even after the dispel, if he manages to even use it). Ancient Circle is a nice boost too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-07 18:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know enough about super DRG's to do a comparison, which is why I left them out. I figured both circle and breaker would be really useful on this guy. Too bad DRG isn't on Argosy.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-07 18:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The way they went about it gave 2H a natural advantage in the ceiling.

cRatio caps are
1H: 3.25
2H: 3.75
Ranged: 3.5??? (this one seems weird)

Gives 2H a 15.3% higher per hit damage ceiling, assuming they can get enough buffs / debuffs to reach it which WAR and DRK can. The AG RME's made certain super weapons ridiculous.

I asked the SAM forum how Gekko's doing but nobody responded :(
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-07 18:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know enough about super DRG's to do a comparison, which is why I left them out. I figured both circle and breaker would be really useful on this guy. Too bad DRG isn't on Argosy.

A friend of mine has master JP on DRG. It's always fun killing stuff with him.

Did do WAR/BLU/GEO/WHM/SMN/PLD(wasnt really needed tbh..)

Kills were about 2 minutes, with a 15 minute entry time. That just ain't right.

Resolution was actually keeping up with CDC. Switching to GAXE was a pretty bad drop in damage, even with a 4 hit build. Shame on me for not running a parse though.

S/E Really needs to un-nerf Ukkos..

It was fun as hell though just dropping the dragon that fast.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-07 18:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I asked the SAM forum how Gekko's doing but nobody responded :(

YGK fTP is simply too low compared to Fudo, even their attack bonus can't compensate for that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-07 19:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been spamming Ambuscade with my LS, and to be honest PUP is pretty worthless in there. Without OD my damage is lackluster at best. So I switched to main DD job, Warrior.

Gearwise, my Warrior is pretty good. JP wise, I think I have around 700ish or so. The rest of the party is BLU BST SMN GEO GEO. One of the Geo's and I are the only ones without RME(I do have Bravura but it's not a DD weapon so whatever). Blue is dual weilding 119(III)AG Mythic and Empy, after the first run he changed his main hand to Empy and off hand to Mythic because Aftermath was a pain in the ***.

We had Idris Frailty/Fury, and non idris torpor and...something. Attunement maybe? Ghostbane was giving me Haste II at the start with Garuda. Taki did MG every other run for me, so sometimes my haste was capped and other times it wasn't.

So the first run was like this.

This one Taki is main handing Tizona and off handing Almace

And the next one I got a parse for was this

Taki switched to mainhanding Almace at this point.

Now, it's important to understand we did this a SHITLOAD of times. And there are plenty of times I lost the parse. But it was always close.

Runs averaged 2 minutes including buff time.

Edit: No SP abilities used by anyone during either of those two fights. I actually died both times I used SP due to unlucky para and the fact that we don't bring a healer :/ (Taki and I both spent most of the fights paralyzed)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-07 19:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

how many different groups can enter ambuscade at once? Lotta ppl around the tome and nothing happens when i select it. So im assuming they are full atm.
By Takisan 2016-04-07 21:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see we are all within 1 weaponskill of each other so its not a good show of who was best I think.

Anyone having difficulty loggin and getting past POL?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-07 21:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
You can see we are all within 1 weaponskill of each other so its not a good show of who was best I think.

I think it's only interesting to show that with the buffs, WAR is competitive. If we didn't have 2xGeo and a SMN, I wouldn't be able to keep up at all.

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Is it just me or do the Orcs have a weird hate mechanic?

The kinda seem to just do whatever they want. Without really good CC, I don't think the fight is worth doing. The charm doesn't help things.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-07 22:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Is it just me or do the Orcs have a weird hate mechanic?
They seem to have the Vagary/Incursion alliance hate thing going on, on top of the leader having a hate reset move. I've also noticed that they get stronger as more die.

edit: More dragon notes in case anyone cares:
- Petro Eyes is hate reset
- Switches breath element every time it uses Thornsong. I think it also follows Thornsong with breath immediately
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-07 22:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I've also noticed that they get stronger as more die.
It's either this or as time goes on. I pretty much exclusively did D Orcs with a couple Bolstered VDs thrown in for my points. Actually finished with this month's equipment and I don't feel like torturing myself with more entry competition so I can't check or double check things, but a couple notes:

-D Orcs spawn with RUN, MNK, and BLM adds.
-VD Orcs spawn with the same in addition to a BST and I think WAR.
-All use their respective main 1 hour abilities.
-BLM has access to Death. RUN's only rune it uses is Sulpor.
-All adds susceptible to Break and Sleep, making Entomb a really great tool even on VD granted you have Focus and Languor on VD or one or the other on D. Bolster may or may not be required for Petrification accuracy on VD. Pear Crepe also recommended. Boss is immune to Sleep and Break, but susceptible to Stun as a means to stop Charm or other TP moves. Manic Dance is long enough for a human to react to without relying on 3rd party tools.
-If using my main method of Entomb overwriting to clear adds, it's recommended to have someone tossing out Dispels on everything to get rid of their Shell, or at least on the RUN. It really speeds things up.
-Boss does not appear to resist any elements except Ice. Did not test Fire or Water, but the rest worked well.

Aside from how to control the adds with Entomb, I don't really have any other info on them. I'm not really fond of getting hit for 700+ damage.

My personal setup: GEO, BLU, WHM, August, Amchuchu, Arciela. GEO doing Languor, Malaise and entrust Focus. BLU runs in with the party following closely behind since the mobs' initial hate upon aggro is not always the first one in range. Wait for them to all gather since the MNK loves taking some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE path to the players even if running straight to the middle. Cast Entomb only as your offensive magic spell until adds are near death, then you can finish them off with a Tenebral Crush instead of waiting on Entomb recast. Spam random nukes on boss excluding Spectral Floe. My average clear time was 3 minutes.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-07 23:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For handling adds in that strategy, I think the best solution would be if you had a solid PLD or RUN spamming self-hate tools.

I also recall that the boss's unique TP moves are Light based (in damage and of course the Charm crap), so the go-to rune for this fight is definitely Tenebrae.

edit: Veil of Chaos, which is aoe Light damage and knockback, and according to FFXI's wiki, Amnesia
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-07 23:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

found out that if your characters name is Chlamydiana or Matsuiisgarbage you get warped out of ambuscade free of charge

also i asked for a position reset hoping that it would cause problems and it did... my character warped like half way across mordion and the gm thinks i used clipper lol
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-07 23:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
edit: Veil of Chaos, which is aoe Light damage and knockback, and according to FFXI's wiki, Amnesia
Unresisted the amnesia lasts about 5 seconds, so not a huge deal. Either under 50% or under 25% he changes Veil of Chaos to Veil of Disarray which is probably still light damage, with no knockback and the additional Amnesia effect is replaced with a short Stun.

Also worth noting in only 1 fight out of about 35, main NM used Orcish Counterstance and in about 5 fights, Champion's Warcry (Attack Boost, don't know if any other effects) and Berserker Dance (Haste). Don't know why non-Veil of/Manic Dance TP abilities are so uncommon, but they're possible.

Edit: Veil of Disarray and Veil of Chaos are both 30' yalms or larger AoE.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-08 00:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing some more runs now to help people since I'm not the one that has to play book camper. The change from Chaos to Disarray looks to occur under 25%.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2016-04-10 02:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I've been spamming Ambuscade with my LS, and to be honest PUP is pretty worthless in there. Without OD my damage is lackluster at best.

If you're looking to DD on PUP in this month's ambuscade, yes PUP isn't nearly as useful as other jobs. However, using VE frame as a tank if you can't get a PLD is compatible. With full pet set (new fully augmented cape included) my maton has tanked VD numerous occasions just as well as some well geared PLD (one fight it didn't drop past 90% HP). Only time it lost hate was during hate reset, but otherwise no issues. So while not DD worthy,PUP can still participate in ambuscade.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-10 06:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I've been spamming Ambuscade with my LS, and to be honest PUP is pretty worthless in there. Without OD my damage is lackluster at best.

If you're looking to DD on PUP in this month's ambuscade, yes PUP isn't nearly as useful as other jobs. However, using VE frame as a tank if you can't get a PLD is compatible. With full pet set (new fully augmented cape included) my maton has tanked VD numerous occasions just as well as some well geared PLD (one fight it didn't drop past 90% HP). Only time it lost hate was during hate reset, but otherwise no issues. So while not DD worthy,PUP can still participate in ambuscade.

When you are killing the VD dragon in less than two minutes from entry, you don't bother with a tank.

But yeah, if your group isn't quite that fast, PUP tanking works fine. Anyone who is already PUP tanking should know that though.
By Mookies 2016-04-10 23:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There was supposed to be another hotfix for the congestion issues today (10th). I've been stuck at work, till tomorrow. I was wondering if the congestion issues have been alleviated.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-10 23:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposed to be happening in about 4 minutes, but FWIW I had a much easier time getting in today.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 28 29 30