First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-15 00:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Theenabler said: »
I'll have to check with him tomorrow to make sure it's not a gearswap error. Just found it odd we ran into these problems when we didn't bring a smn along.

I seriously hope it's not "damage from a specific job is required" is the mechanic.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-15 10:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Did it last night with COR+RNG+SMN as DD, went fine. My ranger decimated the COR in damage but that's usually par for the course when I'm with that guys COR.

what do you do in this fight as a ranger? (Feels like a stupid question, but its honestly been that long since i seen a rng, and i never rly played it) Just using Ranged atks to avoid aoe's?

Just ranged attacks and last stand (I don't have relic).

these both through marksmanship?
(and i just capped archery too..)
By Valkyris 2016-12-15 10:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the BSTs people are bringing to this using Claw Cyclone or something else?
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-15 11:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I'll have to check with him tomorrow to make sure it's not a gearswap error. Just found it odd we ran into these problems when we didn't bring a smn along.

I seriously hope it's not "damage from a specific job is required" is the mechanic.

On D it feels like you break the shield and everything goes back to normal. VD I don't know what the deals is. I can tell you as long as you have a cor to regain roll, any DD that has a critical hit weapons skill can get damage in. Smn just needs to use something like volt strike (a critical hit by). I would guess that bst would be in the same boat if they have a pet with a critical hit ready move. Dancer has a lot of utility to help them get tp to ws around the shield.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-15 12:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hapap
Ran without a SMN today. Our COR had 1305 racc and only managed to land 4% of hits on imps(Not doing 0 damage, just completely whiffing). Tried with BST and ranged PUP, don't have an exact report but they were 1300+ pet acc and hitting fine. Also tried with a melee BLU, 1285 acc at 56%. I don't know if it's strictly a pet thing, but I find it strange the COR specifically couldn't land hits.

Happened to me too... although I reloaded GS and it seemed to help some. Lot of plugins going nutso... was getting a lot of battlemod errors during the fight in particular, so I unloaded that.

There were also times where I could TP fine, but couldn't land a Last Stand to save my life. Like 8-9 misses in a row, while in WS acc set.

Even stranger... once the RNG could hit fine w/ gun and bow while the shield was down, but every single one of my shots was landing for 0 no matter what, aside from one random crit shot.

In light of the SCH/BLU skillchain bug, I'm starting to think they might have messed some more stuff up during update this time.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-15 12:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG SMN SMN GEO WHM and PLD or RUN is what our group has been using for V1.

Summoner's take turns closing/opening light off of Jinshu's Radiance for large chunks of damage. Ramuh's favor helps the RNG with crits to bypass the shield properties and they have a better chance of being top 2 on enmity list compared to bringing 2 RNGs since we can release Ramuh to clear enmity. I think we were using Geo-Frailty, Indi-AGI, and Entrust Fury for GEO buffs. Precision may have been in there, I wasn't really paying attention lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-12-15 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang it bribri! >:/ I was using Fury EVA- til we got that aeonic gun RNG! Then, I changed to DEF-.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-15 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
Dang it bribri! >:/ I was using Fury EVA- til we got that aeonic gun RNG! Then, I changed to DEF-.

Any reason you weren't using precision and frailty instead before the Aeonic RNG? or eva- and def- if the smn needed acc too?
By Boshi 2016-12-15 14:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it's super edfectivd but BLU ohys spells do hurt the Soulflayer,
By oyama 2016-12-15 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it Crit damage that breaks the shield? If he's not particularly evasive, Heavy Strike is a guaranteed crit if it hits, but -100 acc.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-15 15:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Hapap
Ran without a SMN today. Our COR had 1305 racc and only managed to land 4% of hits on imps(Not doing 0 damage, just completely whiffing). Tried with BST and ranged PUP, don't have an exact report but they were 1300+ pet acc and hitting fine. Also tried with a melee BLU, 1285 acc at 56%. I don't know if it's strictly a pet thing, but I find it strange the COR specifically couldn't land hits.

Happened to me too... although I reloaded GS and it seemed to help some. Lot of plugins going nutso... was getting a lot of battlemod errors during the fight in particular, so I unloaded that.

There were also times where I could TP fine, but couldn't land a Last Stand to save my life. Like 8-9 misses in a row, while in WS acc set.

Even stranger... once the RNG could hit fine w/ gun and bow while the shield was down, but every single one of my shots was landing for 0 no matter what, aside from one random crit shot.

In light of the SCH/BLU skillchain bug, I'm starting to think they might have messed some more stuff up during update this time.

I noticed imps have some kind of evasion+ tantara.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-12-15 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »

Any reason you weren't using precision and frailty instead before the Aeonic RNG? or eva- and def- if the smn needed acc too?

I did want they wanted! The RNGs didn't have RACC problems from what I saw. and there was no way I was going into AoE range with them spells he was spamming.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-15 18:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my COR has 1355 r.acc with food, needs Precision/Hunters to land reliably on VD. If Idris just needs Precision
By Pantafernando 2016-12-15 20:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to review some info about intense VD, please correct me what im wrong.

- RNG setups are prefered because of AoE moves (dual spells, droning whirldwind, bio, etc) and because imps are weak to piercing (?);
- Immortal Shield is the shield that has some gimmicks on it, that has a condition to deal normal dmg, and other condition to allow only critical hits to deal dmg and annuling everything else (?).
- Immortal Shield is just used below 20% (?).
- SMN is used because Volt Strike can bypass the barrier from Immortal Shield (?).

What I would more info:

- About adds (Imps), do they need to be killed before boss, or one can go straight to Soulflayer?
- What would be the safest/fastest setup that you guys came up for dps so far? RNG or SMN? or a mix of those?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-12-15 20:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
- SMN is used because Volt Strike can bypass the barrier from Immortal Shield (?).

Thanks in advance.

Summoner is used because it can keep pace with a RNG on the imps and bypass them in damage on the boss. a good volt strike will bypass that last 20% easily.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-15 20:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

- About adds (Imps), do they need to be killed before boss, or one can go straight to Soulflayer?
- What would be the safest/fastest setup that you guys came up for dps so far? RNG or SMN? or a mix of those?
Soulflayer takes 0 damage until Imps are dead (or at least before 1 is dead; accidentally Volt Striked the Flayer at the start and it did 0 damage)

Haven't done a whole lot, but RNG COR SMN with a COR that is able to also deal ranged damage is probably the ideal combo for damage due to skillchain potential along with the wide array of buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-12-15 20:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Soulflayer takes 0 damage until Imps are dead (or at least before 1 is dead; accidentally Volt Striked the Flayer at the start and it did 0 damage)

Haven't done a whole lot, but RNG COR SMN with a COR that is able to also deal ranged damage is probably the ideal combo for damage due to skillchain potential along with the wide array of buffs.

Soulflayer doesn't take any damage at all until imps are dead. my first fight i tried to strike him after each imp and they all did zero until they were all dead.
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-16 08:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Made another video, this time showcasing the way I tank Intense VD on RUN.

Tribulation is lethal and needs to be removed right away.

YouTube Video Placeholder

ItemSet 348285
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-16 08:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

anything special about a ranger build for this ambu? Would like to throw together a quick set if i can.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-16 13:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting as well for people that are just starting Intense Ambuscade that Reprobation is 20' AoE full dispel, so SMNs, CORs and RNGs will want to be further than that.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-16 14:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I suck as a tank in this months ambuscade, on a side note, my cor does really nice in there, will have to tweak my sets some on cor as I haven't messed with cor gear in a while. Other than that 20k+ last stands with compensator.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-12-16 14:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To those doing VD Intense, how fast have your runs been?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-16 14:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

With RUN, WHM, GEO (No Idris), RNG, COR, SMN, we were clearing about 6:30 after entrance with a half pick-up group.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-12-16 14:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's been stated, but the imps can be slept. My PLD spamming BLU spells for hate landed Soporific on one of them, funny enough.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-16 19:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried something a little interesting in an earlier group. We had COR give Tactician's to our 2 SMNS and I was doing Garland of Bliss > Volt Strike to 1 shot an imp while the other SMN and COR made light on another imp at the same time. This was only on Difficult though.
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-16 19:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Really beginning to think that x2 COR with solid shooting sets will outdo x2 RNG here.

This took the Flayer from 100% to 35%. Volt Strike finished it off after. Total run time was 5:35.

Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-17 11:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing a few Ds without having SMN avaiable at the time. Basically COR uses Rogue Roll and you crit the shield off pretty fast with a few Tripple Shot procs.

Sample size for this is 3 runs. Feel free to try it out and validate/deny its viability.
By hobo 2016-12-17 11:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it crits that break the shield? I was having some luck breaking the shield with Wildfire Fire Shot Fire Shot, but also only 3 attempts
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-17 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Really beginning to think that x2 COR with solid shooting sets will outdo x2 RNG here.

This took the Flayer from 100% to 35%. Volt Strike finished it off after. Total run time was 5:35.

Not sure why you think cor x2 would out do rng x2 because of that screenshot. All I see highlighted is a summoner bloodpact, followed by a marksmanship weaponskill that is stronger on rng than cor and a Radiance skillchain, something both rng and cor can do with Fomalhaut. If you had shown me something corsair specific, we'd have a discussion.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30