Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-12-14 10:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried just using the imps for gaining TP, SA/TAing WS on the Soulflayer?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-14 15:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You'll need a decent racc set, but the Ambuscade set is a pretty solid one if you can get proper accessories.

is racc the only thing id need to rly worry about in creating a quick set just for this ambu? Havnt even seen, much less been, a rng in ages.

on the same note, what are rngs doing in there? Just using ranged atks only, from out side soulflyer aoe range?
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-14 17:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Has anyone tried just using the imps for gaining TP, SA/TAing WS on the Soulflayer?

The Flayer took no damage when I used CDC on it while the imps were alive.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-14 17:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN makes VD intense trivial unless your tank sucks. Main NM takes loads of damage. Just have to get rid of the shields with voltstrike.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2016-12-14 18:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I capable tank is the core of this run. A combo of Tank+Healer+Geo + 3 Smn or Rng is good for this.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-14 18:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you deal with Adds on this? they seem to have alot of eva,Do you need to kill the adds,I seen the vids but i dont see how they have delt with the imps
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 19:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
How do you deal with Adds on this? they seem to have alot of eva,Do you need to kill the adds,I seen the vids but i dont see how they have delt with the imps

If you look at the video Ruaumoko posted it starts at 23:00. Meaning they took 7min to buff and kill the imps. I don't know if there's specifically a mechanic behind it, I'm guessing so though, but they kill the imps.

In my runs last night we just killed them one at a time.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-14 19:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone try this with a COR(s) swapped in for RNG(s)? Trying to figure out my spot in this months fight. Got Master Aeonic COR vs my 20 JP Both None AG'd Relics/Aeonic Gun RNG. My sets aren't looking to bad on RNG thankfully because of keeping up with COR and still gathering some RNG stuff on the side but I think overall I could bring more DPS to the table with COR atm if its viable in this fight.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-14 19:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been in a party where I wouldn't want COR buffs, so that alone would qualify it, in my opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 19:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Anyone try this with a COR(s) swapped in for RNG(s)? Trying to figure out my spot in this months fight. Got Master Aeonic COR vs my 20 JP Both None AG'd Relics/Aeonic Gun RNG. My sets aren't looking to bad on RNG thankfully because of keeping up with COR and still gathering some RNG stuff on the side but I think overall I could bring more DPS to the table with COR atm if its viable in this fight.

Did it last night with COR+RNG+SMN as DD, went fine. My ranger decimated the COR in damage but that's usually par for the course when I'm with that guys COR.
 Asura.Kunel
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-12-14 19:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

Did it last night with COR+RNG+SMN as DD, went fine. My ranger decimated the COR in damage but that's usually par for the course when I'm with that guys COR.

Man...
#feelsbad
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-14 19:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Good COR can do great damage. Also Voltstrike < > Last Stand is Light so go abuse that on the Imps. Main NM has no notable defense and not especially high evasion even on VD.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-14 19:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Ani RNG required for this fight,Tried it with my group started hitting for 0,Whats the mechanic behinnd the damage
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-14 19:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing damage is NOT your problem in the Soulflyer fight AT ALL - if you got some sound gear. You don't need Aeonic, Ani or anything special. What however IS your problem are 3 things:

1) Your tank can't be a potato. He needs to keep the Imps on him so they don't go Amnesia the backlike and chase the WHM around etc. On VD their AoE also does around 500 damage on top.

2) Your WHM or someone /DNC needs to get rid of the BIO on the PLD immediatly when applied. It does 1000 damage per tick on VD.

3) The Soulflyer shield which will make every normal DD usually do 0 damage. Noone really figured out the details of this gimick yet. People however figured out you can basically delete the Shield with Ramuh Voltstrike of a good SMN.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-14 19:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We t
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Doing damage is NOT your problem in the Soulflyer fight AT ALL - if you got some sound gear. You don't need Aeonic, Ani or anything special. What however IS your problem are 3 things:

1) Your tank can't be a potato. He needs to keep the Imps on him so they don't go Amnesia the backlike and chase the WHM around etc. On VD their AoE also does around 500 damage on top.

2) Your WHM or someone /DNC needs to get rid of the BIO on the PLD immediatly when applied. It does 1000 damage per tick on VD.

3) The Soulflyer shield which will make every normal DD usually do 0 damage. Noone really figured out the details of this gimick yet. People however figured out you can basically delete the Shield with Ramuh Voltstrike of a good SMN.
We tried and even the SMN damage was starting to get affected started with 20k damage then dropped to 4k at best,Keeping bubbles up for anything wouldnt last long he kept spamming spells usually killed Our geo's bubble in about 3 spells
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-14 19:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue tbh. We melted it with PLD SMN COR COR GEO WHM 2x on VD this afternoon without anything like that.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-12-14 19:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue tbh. We melted it with PLD SMN COR COR GEO WHM 2x on VD this afternoon without anything like that.
What Weapons skills did the cors use by chance?
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-14 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I think the Shield is just Crit Damage, I never bothered to see if I could melee it after breaking a shield :/ I just ran in CDC...and ran out till TP regain got me to 1k again lol...
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-14 19:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

what do you do in this fight as a ranger? (Feels like a stupid question, but its honestly been that long since i seen a rng, and i never rly played it) Just using Ranged atks to avoid aoe's?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 19:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

what do you do in this fight as a ranger? (Feels like a stupid question, but its honestly been that long since i seen a rng, and i never rly played it) Just using Ranged atks to avoid aoe's?

Just ranged attacks and last stand (I don't have relic).
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-14 20:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What Weapons skills did the cors use by chance?

Just Last Stands chaining with Ramuh when possible. SC damage is good in general.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-14 20:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I've never been in a party where I wouldn't want COR buffs, so that alone would qualify it, in my opinion.
I try not to be a rolls only COR except like pet fights and such. I like bringing something else to the table besides rolls if its possible.

Thank you all for the good info.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-14 20:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm the same way. Gear for every single situation on COR. I just mean that you can roll and shoot. No, you won't match the damage of a RNG, but another RNG will provide less overall damage than you and your rolls bring.
[+]
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2016-12-14 23:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran without a SMN today. Our COR had 1305 racc and only managed to land 4% of hits on imps(Not doing 0 damage, just completely whiffing). Tried with BST and ranged PUP, don't have an exact report but they were 1300+ pet acc and hitting fine. Also tried with a melee BLU, 1285 acc at 56%. I don't know if it's strictly a pet thing, but I find it strange the COR specifically couldn't land hits.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-14 23:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Theenabler said: »
Ran without a SMN today. Our COR had 1305 racc and only managed to land 4% of hits on imps(Not doing 0 damage, just completely whiffing). Tried with BST and ranged PUP, don't have an exact report but they were 1300+ pet acc and hitting fine. Also tried with a melee BLU, 1285 acc at 56%. I don't know if it's strictly a pet thing, but I find it strange the COR specifically couldn't land hits.

Does the 20% min hit rate not apply to ranged attacks?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-14 23:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With my DD pld set, at 1385 acc I was hitting 80% with enlight I was nearly capped accuracy.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-15 00:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Was he double weak by chance? If not what was the sample size? He could of just had bad luck if it was small.

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Does the 20% min hit rate not apply to ranged attacks?
It does unless double weak and even if not he tells us a BLU with 20 less acc had a 56% hit rate so the COR should of been around 66%~.
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2016-12-15 00:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope he wasn't weak at all. Sample size was around 50 shots if I remember right. We kept trying until the AOE dispel went off.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-15 00:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope he wasn't weak at all. Sample size was around 50 shots if I remember right. We kept trying until the AOE dispel went off.
Hmm, if you know the COR I would see if he uses a lua then I'd tell him to use //gs showswaps and make sure its actually swapping into the range attack gear midshot then. Otherwise I have no idea but everyone is saying cor & rng work for this months so I can't see it being some gimmick.
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2016-12-15 00:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to check with him tomorrow to make sure it's not a gearswap error. Just found it odd we ran into these problems when we didn't bring a smn along.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30