Link | Quote | Reply

unbuffed? like 5-8k
By AsAller 2019-11-24 12:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I was hitting about 6k (Marjami biv #2) with this:

ItemSet 369838

and my tp set:

ItemSet 369837

any recommendations to improve both of these? I know the +3 relic pieces would be better, but I want to try this out a bit before making that leap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Luckycharmss
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-03-22 21:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering is there any suggestions for current Realmrazor build?

ItemSet 371899
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-03-28 14:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

any WHM sets for Mystic Boon? anyone? bueller?
By Carlyle 2020-04-16 18:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen a few different suggestions from people and am curious:
  • What would be the optimal augments for an Alaunus Cape for TP?

• What would be the optimal augments for an Alaunus Cape for weaponskills?

By Shichishito 2020-04-16 18:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

can asclepius path B + kraken club break the cap and result in a 9 hit round?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-04-16 19:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

no
By Jetackuu 2020-04-16 19:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

I mean I'd probably just go with a straight ACC set for it, just on it's premise.
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-04-22 13:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

The set I posted for Realmrazor is basically the same for Mystic Boon only thing that changes is cape augmented with augments "STR +20 MND +10 WSD +10% ACC/ATK +20". Change belt to Grunfeld Rope maybe?? I have mixed feelings between Fotia Belt and the Rope havent really tested it.
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-04-22 13:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carlyle said: »
I've seen a few different suggestions from people and am curious:
  • What would be the optimal augments for an Alaunus Cape for TP?

• What would be the optimal augments for an Alaunus Cape for weaponskills?

Alaunus Cape TP :
DEX+20 ACC+30 ATK+20 "Store TP" +10
DEX+20 ACC+30 ATK+20 "Double Attack" +10
DEX+20 ACC+30 ATK+20 "Critical Hit Rate" +10
DEX+20 ACC+30 ATK+20 "Dual Wield" +10

Alauns Cape WS :
MND+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 "Weapon Skill Damage" +10%
STR+20 MND+10 ACC+20 ATK+20 "Weapon Skill Damage" +10%
STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 "Double Attack" +10%

For the Resin it really depends on the situation but I normally do PDT -10, MDT -10, DT -5, Regen +5, Counter +10, Blocking Rate +5, Parrying Rate +5.These are the augments I have on all my capes for whm DD.
By SimonSes 2020-04-22 15:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Luckycharmss said: »

ItemSet 371899

Ayanmo body doesn't really have sense here. If you want to make set with rings, you should use ayanmo hands instead, but Metamorph+1 ring is better than ayanmo ring anyway.

Why moonshade earring? I dont play DD whm, so I seriously don't know and asking. Realmrazer has accuracy varies with TP. Do you need moonshade for higher accuracy?

The set I posted for Realmrazor is basically the same for Mystic Boon only thing that changes is cape augmented with augments "STR +20 MND +10 WSD +10% ACC/ATK +20". Change belt to Grunfeld Rope maybe?? I have mixed feelings between Fotia Belt and the Rope havent really tested it.

Why STR+20 MND+10 cape instead of +30MND or +30STR? Doesnt make sense. I would go with +30MND.

+2 neck instead of Fotia gorget. Sacro Cord instead of Fotia Belt at high TP. Same as for Realmrazer, Metemorph ring +1 instead of Ayanmo ring and 5/5 relic+3.
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-04-22 16:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

ItemSet 371899

Ayanmo body doesn't really have sense here. If you want to make set with rings, you should use ayanmo hands instead, but Metamorph+1 ring is better than ayanmo ring anyway.

Why moonshade earring? I dont play DD whm, so I seriously don't know and asking. Realmrazer has accuracy varies with TP. Do you need moonshade for higher accuracy?

Why STR+20 MND+10 cape instead of +30MND or +30STR? Doesnt make sense. I would go with +30MND.

+2 neck instead of Fotia gorget. Sacro Cord instead of Fotia Belt at high TP. Same as for Realmrazer, Metemorph ring +1 instead of Ayanmo ring and 5/5 relic+3.

those are good options as well Those are just the augments I have on my capes yhough i have those capes with MND+30 STR+30 aswell. I cant speak on Metamorph +1 because i dont have it fully augment it yet
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-04-22 17:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Realmrazor is a 7hit so yea you will need some acc. I dont understand the ayanmo hands why would i use those over relic hands?

The only thing I can see beating Ayanmo body is Relic +3
By SimonSes 2020-04-22 17:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Realmrazor is a 7hit so yea you will need some acc. I dont understand the ayanmo hands why would i use those over relic hands?

Personally I would use Relic +3 5/5 and Metamorph ring +1 instead of Ayanmo, but if you want to use Ayanmo ring + Ayanmo piece to get +8 str/mnd bonus and some accuracy, then you should use Relic+3 body and Ayanmo hands, not Relic+3 hands and Aynmo body.

The reason is simple:
Ayanmo body has 28STR, 31MND, 46 accuracy and 48DEX
relic +3 body has 31STR, 39MND, 40 accuracy and 31DEX
So using Ayanmo body you get -3STR, -8MND, +18 accuracy

Ayanmo hands has 16STR, 37MND, 43 accuracy, 53DEX
Relic +3 hands has 16STR, 43MND, 38 accuracy, 38DEX
So using Ayanmo gloves you get -6MND, +16 accuracy

You basicaly lose less wearing Ayanmo gloves than Ayanmo body, but like I said, I wouldn't use any Ayanmo. I would use Piety +3 5/5 and Metamorph ring +1.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [152 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-09-21 12:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What yall got for Flash Nova / Seraph Strike? The DD sets in here are cool but my dyna runs are usually pure magic buff/debuffs.

Poking around, I'm putting together this but curious if yall know of some better options (that dont cost 150mil)
ItemSet 375568

Aiming just for 35+ MAB and whatever Mind I can get on the chironic pieces, and Mind/WSD on the cape
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-09-21 14:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gyve trousers (+40 matt) may be an option if you have them, a little less int/mnd and no macc versus Oseem.

I'm not sure how well it plays out but if you have a moonshade +250tp you might want to switch that out on seraph strike with one of your earrings. Epaminondas's Ring is probably going to beat out meamorph +1.

Depending on what you are doing, yagrush might be a better option for tp gain / total damage relative to your buffs / tp gear.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-09-21 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaykaus Tights
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-09-21 20:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt think Epam would be strong enough but youre right I should try that one. Only reason no moonshade in there is that flash nova doesnt scale up I don't think. As for yag... mine is still level 75 dont judge me >.>

I completely missed kaykaus though. In my head that was all healing gear so I didnt even check it for MAB. Thanks!
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-22 10:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're like me and already carrying around Shamash Robe + Cath Palug Crown, they make a decent alternative to Cohort to save inventory space. Only 10 less MAB and 5 less MAcc total.

Also, I imagine if Epa doesn't beat that ring, Freke probably will. But my money is on Epa.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-22 10:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Trumpet said: »
What yall got for Flash Nova / Seraph Strike? The DD sets in here are cool but my dyna runs are usually pure magic buff/debuffs.

Poking around, I'm putting together this but curious if yall know of some better options (that dont cost 150mil)
ItemSet 375568

Aiming just for 35+ MAB and whatever Mind I can get on the chironic pieces, and Mind/WSD on the cape

What kinda numbers we talkin in Dynamis?? Bored with no goals lately.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-09-22 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested to see a side by side comparision of Freke ring and metamorph ring +1. 8 matk vs 16 mnd.

edit: Flash Nova apparently has INT dStat too, so the 16 int on Metamorph also applies vs. the 10 on Freke.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-22 11:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a side question for the other insane people: What situations do you find where you can successfully heal and DD? Usually on whm I'm either too busy or on a mob that isn't being fed tp anyway just for the split second reaction/being out of range of most shits.

Just go with hybrid sets and pray?
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-09-22 12:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt think Epam would be strong enough but youre right I should try that one. Only reason no moonshade in there is that flash nova doesnt scale up I don't think.

Correct, but Seraph Does so you probably want to split the sets on that except when you have 3k tp.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-22 12:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it's pretty much never. :(

Whenever I try to DD, I feel like I always have moments where something happens, either someone dies or gets an annoying ailment and I don't realize it, and I look back and say "that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't DDing." It's possible I just don't have enough practice.

So I've given up trying to do both at once if I have any obligation to heal. I only do it if I'm somehow on WHM without being the only healer. If I'm the sole healer, I can usually keep myself pretty busy anyway without DDing, whether by debuffing, cycling through players to look for ailments, checking who has hate on the enemy/enemies, or even just spamming cures on people who are full HP to give them cureskin. It's usually pretty easy to stay busy on WHM.

Another thing to keep in mind if your Dynamis group uses RNG burn, Flash Nova and Trueflight are both light damage. So you may end up doing more harm than good by gimping your RNG damage.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-22 12:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the only time I really can see it super viable is if on w3 bosses, as most are rather harmless, just would need DD pt, for buffs, lol...
By SimonSes 2020-09-22 13:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Another thing to keep in mind if your Dynamis group uses RNG burn, Flash Nova and Trueflight are both light damage. So you may end up doing more harm than good by gimping your RNG damage.

?

I thought Wall exists only for same WS used or same element on spell. Never heard of Wall for same element on WS.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gennss
Server: Phoenix
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-09-22 13:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Woah, what do the flash nova numbers look like ?
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-09-23 08:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

?

I thought Wall exists only for same WS used or same element on spell. Never heard of Wall for same element on WS.

This is my understanding. Others in my group (geo, brd, rdm) have all been mashing out seraph strikes/blades to some surprising success. We've seen ws avg of 40k+ from some of them, not sure exactly what TP they're firing at though (prob 2k+). Our RNG watches his TF numbers like a diva and hasn't seemed to notice any problem. Having non-TF/Leaden WS in there should actually make the TF & Leadens hit more consistently if I understand right by varying the WS usage, which is part of what makes FN also potentially appealing for overall group dmg numbers.

As for the "when can you possibly do this?" Valid lol. Basically I feel like I'm often a safety net on some w3 runs now that we have burtgang pld / epeo run / pup tank kinda stuff happening. The w3 bosses mentioned especially are usually not very intimidating from a dmg or debuff perspective except when adds pop and the fetters themselves do basically nothing if you don't let them pulse, so it'd just be something silly & fun to contribute. I'm not trying this vs Kyou & Albumen.

If you're like me and already carrying around Shamash Robe
T_T
By Felgarr 2020-09-23 08:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

?

This is my understanding. Others in my group (geo, brd, rdm) have all been mashing out seraph strikes/blades to some surprising success. We've seen ws avg of 40k+ from some of them, not sure exactly what TP they're firing at though (prob 2k+). Our RNG watches his TF numbers like a diva and hasn't seemed to notice any problem. Having non-TF/Leaden WS in there should actually make the TF & Leadens hit more consistently if I understand right by varying the WS usage, which is part of what makes FN also potentially appealing for overall group dmg numbers.

As for the "when can you possibly do this?" Valid lol. Basically I feel like I'm often a safety net on some w3 runs now that we have burtgang pld / epeo run / pup tank kinda stuff happening. The w3 bosses mentioned especially are usually not very intimidating from a dmg or debuff perspective except when adds pop and the fetters themselves do basically nothing if you don't let them pulse, so it'd just be something silly & fun to contribute. I'm not trying this vs Kyou & Albumen.

If you're like me and already carrying around Shamash Robe
T_T

How do you prevent the fetters from pulsing? Is there a gimmick or just ....get its HP to zero with Trueflight/Wildfire/Leaden/Light/Dark SCs?