By Boshi 2018-08-22 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

with full ayanmo you won't need pinion
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 13:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea just haven't located a good replacement for it yet, just finished last ayanmo piece like 30 minutes ago
 Asura.Patb
Server: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-08-22 14:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What augments are you putting on the capes for both these sets?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-22 15:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

melee set has DA and weaponskill cape has CRIT
[+]
By hushmunkey 2018-08-29 11:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of not DWing if you're meleeing with Yagrush? All your -na's are aoe anyway, and you'll periodically do mystic boon to keep am up - providing potentially infinite mp.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-08-29 11:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch and regen4 is the biggest thing I’ve noticed. I’m a fan of storms as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [160 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-02-05 10:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
I keep seeing Tishtrya bandied about, wheres the love for Mjollnir? Now that afterglow is a thing I cant see any reason to main hand a Tishtrya unless its the only thing you have. Theres no competition between the two, Mjollnir has an advantage of 32 base damage and 60 attack vs store TP +10 and 500 TP bonus. I'll admit the TP bonus is sexy for Black Halo and Judgement, but it does very little for Hexa Strike or Realmrazer. And the 60 attack is huge for Whm, which is inherently starved for attack.

I take my DD Whm everywhere I can these days, Dynamis D, Ambuscade, Omen, HTBFs, JP parties, etc, and It keeps turning heads wherever I take it. Whm/Nin may not be a full DD, but it doesn't have to be. If I can put out half the damage of a real DD in a linkshell event while keeping the cures, hastes, and status removal spells going, I count it as a win. Obviously I'm not going to pretend that clubbing everything in sight is the best option all of the time, but its a good source of extra damage when I can get away with it, and tons of fun to boot.

So lets get down to gear.
ItemSet 360259
This is my TP set, Ayanmo+2 is an absolutely wonderful starting point as far as TP sets go, with a couple of perks even over Chironic gear. Notably Ayanmo+2 has better accuracy and enough haste to free up the belt slot for a windbuffet belt +1 or a shetal stone. Chironic can still be better depending on the augments, especially in a slot like the feet. The Dark Matter augments have yet to smile on me, for instance I have a pair of +48 accuracy gloves that still lose to Ayanmo+2's colossal accuracy bonus, let alone their haste or Auspice buff.

ItemSet 360260
Relic+3 is the best WS gear we are likely ever to see, given its gigantic buffs to attack. I personally only have the body so far, but I'll be working on the rest soon enough. In other slots, Begrudging Ring and a +Crit Ambuscade cape are Hexa-Strike specific pieces, you will want a +WSD augmented cape for Black Halo and Judgement.

An important note about the Ayanmo Ring: its set bonus only applies to a maximum of 5 Ayanmo pieces, so theres not much point in using it with a full Ayanmo set, its only good in a partial set and even then its not great.

On another note, Pergatory I want those boots. Seriously, those are amazing. Also I'm not sure how to get Mjollnir to show up as main hand, for some reason ffxiah seems dead set on main handing sindri and offhanding Mjollnir. Obviously this is wrong and not to be copied.

Why off hand Mjollnir? Trying to bild a DD whm set. Would an REMA beat the Oboro weapon in some cases?

Edit: Just read the last sentence...so you main Mjollnir and off Sindri?
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2019-02-05 10:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell said: »
Why off hand Mjollnir? Trying to bild a DD whm set. Would an REMA beat the Oboro weapon in some cases?

It's just a bug with making item sets on ffxiah, in regards to dual-wielding, it often doesn't put the weapon in the correct slot. You'll easily notice this if you try making some dual-wield sets yourself. Mjollnir definitely is meant for main-hand with Sindri offhand.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2019-02-05 10:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fabiano said: »

It's just a bug with making item sets on ffxiah, in regards to dual-wielding, it often doesn't put the weapon in the correct slot. You'll easily notice this if you try making some dual-wield sets yourself. Mjollnir definitely is meant for main-hand with Sindri offhand.

Yeah my eyes skipped his last sentence lol Makes total sense now lol
By Afania 2019-02-14 02:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
I keep seeing Tishtrya bandied about, wheres the love for Mjollnir? Now that afterglow is a thing I cant see any reason to main hand a Tishtrya unless its the only thing you have. Theres no competition between the two, Mjollnir has an advantage of 32 base damage and 60 attack vs store TP +10 and 500 TP bonus. I'll admit the TP bonus is sexy for Black Halo and Judgement, but it does very little for Hexa Strike or Realmrazer. And the 60 attack is huge for Whm, which is inherently starved for attack.

I take my DD Whm everywhere I can these days, Dynamis D, Ambuscade, Omen, HTBFs, JP parties, etc, and It keeps turning heads wherever I take it. Whm/Nin may not be a full DD, but it doesn't have to be. If I can put out half the damage of a real DD in a linkshell event while keeping the cures, hastes, and status removal spells going, I count it as a win. Obviously I'm not going to pretend that clubbing everything in sight is the best option all of the time, but its a good source of extra damage when I can get away with it, and tons of fun to boot.

So lets get down to gear.
ItemSet 360259
This is my TP set, Ayanmo+2 is an absolutely wonderful starting point as far as TP sets go, with a couple of perks even over Chironic gear. Notably Ayanmo+2 has better accuracy and enough haste to free up the belt slot for a windbuffet belt +1 or a shetal stone. Chironic can still be better depending on the augments, especially in a slot like the feet. The Dark Matter augments have yet to smile on me, for instance I have a pair of +48 accuracy gloves that still lose to Ayanmo+2's colossal accuracy bonus, let alone their haste or Auspice buff.

ItemSet 360260
Relic+3 is the best WS gear we are likely ever to see, given its gigantic buffs to attack. I personally only have the body so far, but I'll be working on the rest soon enough. In other slots, Begrudging Ring and a +Crit Ambuscade cape are Hexa-Strike specific pieces, you will want a +WSD augmented cape for Black Halo and Judgement.

An important note about the Ayanmo Ring: its set bonus only applies to a maximum of 5 Ayanmo pieces, so theres not much point in using it with a full Ayanmo set, its only good in a partial set and even then its not great.

On another note, Pergatory I want those boots. Seriously, those are amazing. Also I'm not sure how to get Mjollnir to show up as main hand, for some reason ffxiah seems dead set on main handing sindri and offhanding Mjollnir. Obviously this is wrong and not to be copied.

Edit: Just read the last sentence...so you main Mjollnir and off Sindri?

That discussion is kinda old. With augments I think yagrush AM3/TP bonus offhand spamming mystic boon would be best.

Yagrush has mystic boon +30% and +15%, and am3 matters with so little MA in TP set. The ws scales well with TP(although not as well as black halo)It doesnt interrupt DD sc, and recovers MP which allows the use of full cure. Seems like overall best melee ws for whmjas.

Alternatively.....kaja club/tp bonus for black halo.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-14 07:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Winjaaaaaaaa
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-04-24 02:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people's Numbers look like in higher iLvl content with r15 yag and mystic boon?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-04-24 06:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [98 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-31 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

KC has accuracy issues on any higher-level content (like Omen or harder) without a BRD. Torpor alone won't cut it, and I don't know that Torpor+Hunters Roll would even be enough. You really need BRD.

And yeah, you want to generally avoid double attack with KC. It averages just under 4 attacks per round. Triple attack is ok, as you gain 2 hits on main hand and lose barely 1 hit on average for offhand. And no, it's not only good for Tishtrya, crazy TP is crazy TP.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-31 10:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

An easier (and cheaper) option might be to do a TP bonus club. Maxentius main hand + TPBonus club offhand would probably be a great Black Halo set. You're already talking about having no acc in offhand anyway.

ItemSet 367632

STP aug on cape for KC, STP or DA for TPBonus

Alternatives:
chironic slippers STP augment (Dark Matter only) or DA
chironic gloves STP augment (Dark Matter only) or DA
Volte gear: good luck, I've seen twice ever
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-31 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The Cath Paulug Hammer also has some pretty good DPS stats if you want to go the Maxentius/black halo rout, and the MND is good for black halo as well. I got one a few weeks ago and this is what I'm aiming for. The Alaunus's Cape has 10% dual wield, which is just shy of optimal, but it frees up some other gear swaps to add in a sizable chunk of double attack and attack, which whm is starved for and synergises nicely with the higher base damage on the clubs.

ItemSet 368616
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By Longsnake 2019-09-17 14:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The Cath Paulug Hammer also has some pretty good DPS stats if you want to go the Maxentius/black halo rout, and the MND is good for black halo as well. I got one a few weeks ago and this is what I'm aiming for. The Alaunus's Cape has 10% dual wield, which is just shy of optimal, but it frees up some other gear swaps to add in a sizable chunk of double attack and attack, which whm is starved for and synergises nicely with the higher base damage on the clubs.

ItemSet 367636

This is just one Galka's opinion, but you might struggle with acc in that set.
[+]
By Unzero 2019-09-17 14:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Longsnake said: »

ItemSet 367636

This is just one Galka's opinion, but you might struggle with acc in that set.

Laughed when I saw this, I assume it's blank for more than just me...
By gistofanything 2019-09-17 14:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blank for me, too.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-17 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

OP deleted the gear set.
By Unzero 2019-09-17 14:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
OP deleted the gear set.
I figured. Just funny what he said about the accuracy, little things make me laugh!
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-09-17 14:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

At some point I deleted the gear set and forgot I had it linked here. I redid it and edited the post so it points to the new item set. Little woopsie on my part. Sorry about that. It should be working now.
[+]
 Asura.Clydon
user: Hinote
By Asura.Clydon 2019-09-29 04:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the sets here still pretty solid? Any changes for you DD WHMs in the past few months?

I've been hunting for decent Black Halo (Maxentius) and Flash Nova/Seraph Strike (Daybreak) sets if anybody has one or has any ideas for one.
By Nariont 2019-09-29 05:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Only changes have been the new club. BH set is all relic+2/3 as is all phys dmg club ws. As for nova, primarily augmented chironic outside of legs which path D kaykaus legs win out i think there
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
By AsAller 2019-11-24 08:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368616

What would be a good Black Halo WS set to use with this as TP?
By Nariont 2019-11-24 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

relic+3, mnd/wsd cape, ishvara/moonshade, luminary sash or fotia for belt and jse+2 neck or fotia for neck.
By AsAller 2019-11-24 09:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

so basically stacking MND and WSD?
By Nariont 2019-11-24 09:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, making acc adjustments where/when needed
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-24 10:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using Maxentius you'll also want a little bit of multiattack. That is where maxentius really shines on black halo. So instead of luminary sash you could use windbuffet belt +1 and other things like that.
[+]