Dear SE.
First Page 2 3
 Unicorn.Jponryy
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Jponryy 2009-09-01 05:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just emailed em this but it's real it's how i feel yo.

Dear Square enix,

I want to know how your upper tiers of ownership can sleep at night when your supposed Anti-RMT video game will allow for gil selling companies to create mule accounts and harass paying customers on a constant and daily basis.

This is not the only concern but your video game is incredibly hard for any casual player to amass very much of this aforementioned gil.

When finally a player decides to succumb to paying real life money for this currency which your staff made so hard to amass much of, this player is a target of an "irreversible" ban for dealing with "RMT"

There are several other very distinct problems in final fantasy 11 and i can say this as a current and paying customer since 2004.

How is it fair to have gear dropped by mobs that only spawn once a day? Gear that is desirable but not obtainable by anyone outside of the botting linkshells which you do little to nothing to remedy?

A year or two ago SE, you made it apparent that you didnt want for people to sell ra/ex drop? Am i correct? Mostly in regards to RMT dominating sky,

Why then now SE do you turn your back when legitimate players are still being strangled out of any reasonable chance at claiming ground kings because you turn your back on the fact that ffxiapp exists?

Legitimate players are having to resort to buying ground king abj drops at upwards of 10mil a piece, and why?

As a crafter I have seen it all the complete disregard of your company to anyone who has spent several years leveling a desirable craft to 100 skill who may have expected to make a little gil by doing so, meanwhile your dev team introduces ra/ex crap and nothing crafted that can compete.

Square Enix, you are a failure as a company and i highly doubt i'll buy FFXIV if this is your standard.

I still love this game, i just wish you would fix it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-09-01 05:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

JPONRY
[+]
 Unicorn.Jponryy
By Unicorn.Jponryy 2009-09-01 05:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is chock full of hypocrisy man it's ridiculous and nothing pisses me off more than the way they are letting it become WoW v .5

Get the RMT spammers out of this game is the first step if SE even really cared about RMT anymore, they always had a bold stance before, it would be easy to stop but nope no love from SE.

*** ban the botting *** would be #2, i'm sure your dev team is smart enough to D/L a copy of ffxiapp, break it down and figure out how to ban these cheating *** who screw everyone else..

#3 would be quit banning people for ***, gardening? what the *** SE

but no you don't care let them sell abj drops to anyone desperate enough to buy so they can obtain relic weapons for their linkshell holder, meanwhile you target legitimate players as RMT. Pathetic.
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-09-01 05:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jponryy said:
Just emailed em this but it's real it's how i feel yo.

Dear Square enix,

I want to know how your upper tiers of ownership can sleep at night when your supposed Anti-RMT video game will allow for gil selling companies to create mule accounts and harass paying customers on a constant and daily basis.

This is not the only concern but your video game is incredibly hard for any casual player to amass very much of this aforementioned gil.

When finally a player decides to succumb to paying real life money for this currency which your staff made so hard to amass much of, this player is a target of an "irreversible" ban for dealing with "RMT"

There are several other very distinct problems in final fantasy 11 and i can say this as a current and paying customer since 2004.

How is it fair to have gear dropped by mobs that only spawn once a day? Gear that is desirable but not obtainable by anyone outside of the botting linkshells which you do little to nothing to remedy?

A year or two ago SE, you made it apparent that you didnt want for people to sell ra/ex drop? Am i correct? Mostly in regards to RMT dominating sky,

Why then now SE do you turn your back when legitimate players are still being strangled out of any reasonable chance at claiming ground kings because you turn your back on the fact that ffxiapp exists?

Legitimate players are having to resort to buying ground king abj drops at upwards of 10mil a piece, and why?

As a crafter I have seen it all the complete disregard of your company to anyone who has spent several years leveling a desirable craft to 100 skill who may have expected to make a little gil by doing so, meanwhile your dev team introduces ra/ex crap and nothing crafted that can compete.

Square Enix, you are a failure as a company and i highly doubt i'll buy FFXIV if this is your standard.

I still love this game, i just wish you would fix it.

Personal experience?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-09-01 06:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeeeeeup.

And several years to get a craft to 100!

SE doesn't care, FFXI is FFXIV beta :D
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-09-01 07:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree to some extent, but I'm not naive enough to think SE isn't doing anything about it. Everytime SE fixes something RMT find another way around their fixes/policies. Give them a little time and they should resolve it.
I don't know anything about international law, but I know for a fact the ***is complicated.
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-09-01 07:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to burst your bubble, but MMOs arent intended for casual gamers.

Irie said:

you're definitely doing it wrong, ive gone from 0-95 smithing in about 4 months
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shadowchaser
By Gilgamesh.Shadowchaser 2009-09-01 07:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is doing what it can to destroy the econimy of FFXI,with the Union Coffers in campaign now,so that everyone will

move to FFXIV,where they will charge you twice what you pay now. Just wait and see everyone is all eww ahhh about 14

and its awesome new graphics,but if you really look at it, It is gonna sux. But really if you honestly look at it anything that you could accually

still make some gil on,SE has put in the Union Coffers and if they see something else start to go up in price in the AH into the coffer it goes.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-09-01 07:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:
Irie said:

Jponryy said:

OP said it, not me! I got multiple 100's as well.

Shadowchaser said:
But really if you honestly look at it anything that you could accually still make some gil on,SE has put in the Union Coffers and if they see something else start to go up in price in the AH into the coffer it goes.

Then where the hell are my Angel Skins D:

User submitted image
win^
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-09-01 08:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many grammatical errors in your letter that I doubt SE would ever take it seriously. I agree with its ideas, but honestly, an idea such as your own should be placed forth with heavy emphasis on grammar and punctuation, not just ideals.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-01 08:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The playerbase wants SE to crack down on RMT activity. This is what IS CAUSING all the false bannings in the first place. SE developers just don't give a ***anymore, or they are simply incompetent. FFXI is over for them. SE took the seasoned pro devs and put them on FFXIV, leaving the retard devs to deal with FFXI. This is why we are seeing the content releases (what's that? Expansion pack... uh...) we are seeing as well as the shitstorm of hackings and poor CS as of late. SE is done with FFXI. They are simply letting the janitor run it in the basement to keep the players pacified for now. Sad, but this is my opinion right now.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-09-01 08:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
There are so many grammatical errors in your letter that I doubt SE would ever take it seriously. I agree with its ideas, but honestly, an idea such as your own should be placed forth with heavy emphasis on grammar and punctuation, not just ideals.

^
^
... got to love the grammar Nazi. lol
[+]
 Unicorn.Jponryy
By Unicorn.Jponryy 2009-09-01 13:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And I got double charged this month, 33$ for one account with 5 character!

As for the several years to level a craft to 100, yes goldsmithing as my first craft 0-100 took me three years starting from day one try that starting with an adventurer coupon, then tell me it doesn't take a bit of time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-01 13:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jponryy said:

Einherjhar.

That is all.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 13:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

dood he is right at a certain extent

SE has piss poor customer service and care very little about its user base

if they did care they would have fix sooo much

edit: hmmm takes like 1month~+ (incase you fail some runs)

to get to Odin and get what 2 piece of gear for 2x alliances worth of people im sorry but f??? that
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-09-01 13:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE,

Please release FFXIV sooner so that the majority of this game's population migrates over and I don't have to deal with them as I remain on FFXI.

Many thanks,
This guy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-01 13:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove free trial accounts, make the RMT pay in order to open up a new account every single time. If they get their accounts banned all the time and would have to pay $13 or whatever to open up new ones, I think they'd stop pretty fast.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-01 13:35:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Dear SE,

Please release FFXIV sooner so that the majority of this game's population migrates over and I don't have to deal with them as I remain on FFXI.

Many thanks,
This guy.

And make the whole game soloable by all jobs so I can progress when Valefor has only a couple hundred players.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-01 13:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
edit: hmmm takes like 1month~+ (incase you fail some runs)

to get to Odin and get what 2 piece of gear for 2x alliances worth of people im sorry but f??? that

Various abjurations drop from non-Odin chambers. NLegs from Wing 1, for example. If you're smart with feather mules you can do Odin more often. Skilled groups shouldn't need the full 36, though it's certainly helpful.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-09-01 13:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowchaser said:
Just wait and see everyone is all eww ahhh about 14

and its awesome new graphics,but if you really look at it, It is gonna sux.

What information do you have that allows you to definitively say it's going to suck?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-01 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nususu said:
Shadowchaser said:
Just wait and see everyone is all eww ahhh about 14

and its awesome new graphics,but if you really look at it, It is gonna sux.

What information do you have that allows you to definitively say it's going to suck?

Because its a different game...using a Bow as your main weapon out all the times gotta be lame!
 Asura.Starstress
By Asura.Starstress 2009-09-01 14:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

and thats why we will all keep continue paying every month for this game and continue playing it.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-01 14:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the end comming. I had a dream about it. First every NM will be uncamped up and unclaimed for weeks on end. You'll see gm's in Sea showing players the exact method of killing AV and it will be common to see people wearing its items after several weeks.

And finally the end for everyone will be personal. As you start getting warnings about them shutting down the servers and thanking us for being faithful, you'll start to think "Where do I want it to end?" For me it'll be in Bastok near the first NPC I ever spoke too, Reet. Seems right. I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-09-01 14:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk Why People Complain so much about this and act as if everything is happening for the 1st time.

Its so obvious SE is behind RMT tells, that's why they opened up Free trial to Advertise Other Companies that were willing to pay/split the profits to the Company. you would be surprised at how much Gil ppl desperate enough would pay to have that "awesome item" in game. not to mention Hacks on PS2 and 360? its SE.

SE could Easily Sue Brogames and the other companies advertising on there Game w/o permission, but instead the companies pay SE TO advertise. this is why its still going on. SE isn't a small business that's being run in a old shack in the back of a house somewhere that's cant stop this from going on because it hasn't fund enough money to do so.. its a big time corporation. its a money maker. So while SE racks up on Money for advertisement, we are being harassed day after day from companies staying in business by desperate ppl wanting the "Awesome Item". but its all business.

While you sit there crying and whining about SE They are making big dollars. They wouldn't be upset about little program hacks because its helping them make money also. if it isn't shutting down the Servers They dont care bottom line.

if i get banned or Hacked ill know its because of this post.. I know too much and Deleting/hacking my account will be my punishment to stfu >.>
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-01 14:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Big Brother is watching, Ericka! >.>!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-09-01 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

New forum area: SE complaints

Anyone else agree?
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 14:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
I see the end comming. I had a dream about it. First every NM will be uncamped up and unclaimed for weeks on end. You'll see gm's in Sea showing players the exact method of killing AV and it will be common to see people wearing its items after several weeks.

And finally the end for everyone will be personal. As you start getting warnings about them shutting down the servers and thanking us for being faithful, you'll start to think "Where do I want it to end?" For me it'll be in Bastok near the first NPC I ever spoke too, Reet. Seems right. I guess.

Think ill be sitting in Sky checking out the clouds! :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-09-01 15:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ericka said:
Its so obvious SE is behind RMT tells

Does that really make sense? Honestly?

SE would automate a hourly system message and have you be able to buy it right inside your account where you add characters. They could sell it for $5/mil and still cost them less than it costs them to waste time talking to ppl like me several times a day when I report the ad-bots.

Now, to your point of does SE care? No, not really or they would have taken care of the problem already.

Hackstealandbot said:

Irie said:

Years - kripes! 3wks to get cooking mule from 0-95.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-01 15:34:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ericka said:
Idk Why People Complain so much about this and act as if everything is happening for the 1st time.

Its so obvious SE is behind RMT tells, that's why they opened up Free trial to Advertise Other Companies that were willing to pay/split the profits to the Company. you would be surprised at how much Gil ppl desperate enough would pay to have that "awesome item" in game. not to mention Hacks on PS2 and 360? its SE.

SE could Easily Sue Brogames and the other companies advertising on there Game w/o permission, but instead the companies pay SE TO advertise. this is why its still going on. SE isn't a small business that's being run in a old shack in the back of a house somewhere that's cant stop this from going on because it hasn't fund enough money to do so.. its a big time corporation. its a money maker. So while SE racks up on Money for advertisement, we are being harassed day after day from companies staying in business by desperate ppl wanting the "Awesome Item". but its all business.

While you sit there crying and whining about SE They are making big dollars. They wouldn't be upset about little program hacks because its helping them make money also. if it isn't shutting down the Servers They dont care bottom line.

if i get banned or Hacked ill know its because of this post.. I know too much and Deleting/hacking my account will be my punishment to stfu >.>

Make it sound like SE doesn't do anything and if they do it has to be a next day verdict. Sue someone and find out how long it takes for the process before you make such stupid claims. Get over the RMT crap like most others have or STFU/GTFO of the game.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-09-01 15:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Defending SE is epic lulz

When something is broken SE will fix it in wat 3years

When something would be cool to have SE will wat add it in 5years or never

SE has no excuses, if it wasn't for the community the game would have failed sooo hard

ffxiwiki/alla/etc without those how the hell would you know anything about the game

SE doesn't tell us jack
[+]
First Page 2 3