Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-09-01 21:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Drteeth said:
Revision said:

That's kind of like saying people who smoke should stop because its killing them. Someone invent a FF patch!

I'm fairly sure if people who smoked were as pissed off at the cigarette companies as some of the people are at Squenix, they'd have the common sense to quit smoking. Saying you can't quit doing something because you're addicted is just a lame cop-out for not having any self control.

If you're truly unhappy with the way a company is treating their customers, then stop giving your business to them. It's that simple. I'm not defending Squenix, but I am saying if you're that adamantly against what they're doing, stop giving them your business. It might not make a difference, but you'll feel better knowing you don't have to involve yourself with them anymore.

Or maybe you continue to play because you enjoy complaining so much, you'd have nothing to do otherwise. I dunno. >.>

Its one thing to know the path, yet often quite different to walk it. Given, starting smoking is not a smart thing to do. However, its a chemical addiction. It has little to do with self control.

Simply, FFXI is a fun game. Despite SE.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-09-01 23:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Solare said:
Malicfayt said:
Irie said:
SE doesn't care, FFXI is FFXIV beta :D

There is your answer. The facts are obvious.
To start They have a test server thats only for show. To prove that point think back on all the serious mistakes they make all the time at every single major update(example: 2handed update). Given i know its hard given the amount of code in this game to take account for. I mean Its literally impossible to re-write it. No one can make a private server FFXI game because of it. However thats what your test server is for SE, its there to use.
All we are is in essence part of a Beta for XIV. That could be said for any MMO, or game in general from a single company, like Starcraft one and Starcraft 2. But this is on a whole different level altogether.

The community made this game what it is, SE just provided the programmers.

You're a tool. The test server was there for the first BETA testers for FFXI. And, is there for the programers to make sure that things still work when they add stuff to FFXI.

FFXI is not a beta for FFXIV You tool. It never was, never will be. All they learned from FFXI, is the player base are a bunch of whingy ***. Even when FFXI was released. They said they would never make another MMO. I dunno why they did to be honest.

Words cant discribe how annoying it is to hear that FFXI is a beta for FFXIV....... Its like saying PS was the beta for PS2, and PS3. It isn't. Its a whole new platform, upgrade. etc.

Which is what FFXIV is. A whole new game, with. Intention to not release to a lame platform, like the PS2.

Sigh...

No need for the name calling man. If i am somehow not entitled to my own opinions then i'll gladly shut up, however thats not the case. Perhaps the word Beta is too strong a word. I suppose a different word should be used? In essence that is what it is though. Essence - attributes that make up an object.

If I'm wrong about SE not using the Atomos Server as the Test server it actually is. Then... I... Apologize? *ahem* No. That wont be necessary. It has been on the Official server list on POL for as long as i can remember, If it was always called Atomos, i cant tell you that. But i always could recall a server being named (test server) on the list. If they don't use it? well i didn't know. I was under the impression that they did. And by all rights they should. They CAN test things can they not? Before implementing them into the game can't they? Well i should hope they can! Otherwise well... Correction #1 for FFXIV - create a test server where we (SE) can physically test the game mechanics in before releasing any major update. haha

Look This is SE's First online adventure, If they are not breaking the game down into a Beta (there is that devilish word again) like essence (word of the day, this the word of the day), they need to give their heads a shake. Any game developer is suppose to learn from past experiences. That goes without saying in every day life even. Since this is their only real online experience they need to take this to the next level. FFXI Was, no, IS a learning experience. Breath it in, accept it, Memorize it. If they are NOT using FFXI as a past experience in which they can grow upon and learn from i can and will gladly take the place of one of their designers.

Your PS PS2 and 3 example was the same as my Starcraft example of SC1 and SC2 and what i just explained above.

It is WORLD WIDELY EVIDENT that FFXIV WILL be taking Aspects of FFXI and implementing them. Their characters are proof of that. I'm not saying its a spin off, a sequel, or anything remotely related to FFXI in story at all all either. If they didn't they should all be fired. Its human nature to learn from past experiences as I have already said.. They are a company they want to make more money, Obviously. They are not the only MMO stars that People have to choose from, and the variety available is... growing really fast.

I'm not siding with Blizzard, SE or anyone else... I honestly Don't care. I've always been partial to the Final Fantasy franchise, however My money is up for grabs and it goes to the best MMO all of you companies can Produce and make appeal to ME the consumer. be it even (dare i say) Guild Wars2

I hate how much animosity the internet produces, Its people like you who really drive me over the edge. No one deserves to be called anything here, or anywhere. Right or wrong. Put the name calling away and grow up. If you have anger issues or are just trying to prove your superiority to someone you see as lower than yourself keep garbage like that post to yourself.
Write a poem, work out, play some Wii boxing, get a release for yourself if you have anger issues. I see everyone on the internet as an equal, here on FF AH, and everywhere else over the net.
I am not your release nor will i ever be.

this is too long already. i'm going to stop now >_>;
No hard feelings btw guy.

-"Tool" out -_^;
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-09-02 00:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Ericka said:
Lilbusta said:

Make it sound like SE doesn't do anything and if they do it has to be a next day verdict. Sue someone and find out how long it takes for the process before you make such stupid claims. Get over the RMT crap like most others have or STFU/GTFO of the game.

Ok, if im not making sense Why is Free Trial Still open for anyone to use if its the obvious problem for harassment of Loyal Customers? lost of members and gain of profitable sales of gil selling/buying?

If something is interfering with someones business/money/etc its very simple to have it be closed or shutdown temperately to have the case looked into so it doesn't cause more harm to the company.

either way SE doesn't care its not stopping ppl from playing or slowing sales. its actually gaining more profit.

1. I didn't say what you said didn't make sense.

Quote:
Idk Why People Complain so much about this and act as if everything is happening for the 1st time.

Its so obvious SE is behind RMT tells, that's why they opened up Free trial to Advertise Other Companies that were willing to pay/split the profits to the Company. you would be surprised at how much Gil ppl desperate enough would pay to have that "awesome item" in game. not to mention Hacks on PS2 and 360? its SE.

SE could Easily Sue Brogames and the other companies advertising on there Game w/o permission, but instead the companies pay SE TO advertise. this is why its still going on. SE isn't a small business that's being run in a old shack in the back of a house somewhere that's cant stop this from going on because it hasn't fund enough money to do so.. its a big time corporation. its a money maker. So while SE racks up on Money for advertisement, we are being harassed day after day from companies staying in business by desperate ppl wanting the "Awesome Item". but its all business.

While you sit there crying and whining about SE They are making big dollars. They wouldn't be upset about little program hacks because its helping them make money also. if it isn't shutting down the Servers They dont care bottom line.

if i get banned or Hacked ill know its because of this post.. I know too much and Deleting/hacking my account will be my punishment to stfu >.>

What you just said in this quote states that nothing is interfering(intercepting) SE's business. So did you contradict yourself? If it bothers you than why are you so involved to make these accusations and still play? I really don't care what happens behind the scenes for the simple fact that I still enjoy the game and don't see any of this as a bothersome to me.

You Stated and defended SE and Said its not behind RMT Tells or RMT companies... i said IF. there was no contradiction anywhere >.>

it doesn't bother me at all its just a Clear observation to me. i continue to play because i can. i can make comments and statements about the performance of a company if im paying money to them monthly. i accuse them on failure to keep security and safety for people's accounts and private data. causing stress to those who have been playing for yrs. its pretty damn sad. even something as minor as being Double charged monthly (my personal problem with SE) Getting amateur feedback on how to stop this from happening on a monthly basis.

it doesnt have to happen to you in order to feel a slight bit of concern. you are playing this game like many others. but when something happens to your account either being banned for gardening or hacked for no reason and you come on here to post your problem looking for comfort and support, ill be sure to quote and post your "I still enjoy the game and don't see any of this as a bothersome to me."
[+]
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-09-02 01:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to be on your server Ericka, your so cool. /hug

^-^;
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-02 03:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jponryy said:
I want to know how your upper tiers of ownership can sleep at night when your supposed Anti-RMT video game will allow for gil selling companies to create mule accounts and harass paying customers on a constant and daily basis.
On a pile of money with several beautiful women.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-02 11:16:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ericka said:

You Stated and defended SE and Said its not behind RMT Tells or RMT companies... i said IF. there was no contradiction anywhere >.>

it doesn't bother me at all its just a Clear observation to me. i continue to play because i can. i can make comments and statements about the performance of a company if im paying money to them monthly. i accuse them on failure to keep security and safety for people's accounts and private data. causing stress to those who have been playing for yrs. its pretty damn sad. even something as minor as being Double charged monthly (my personal problem with SE) Getting amateur feedback on how to stop this from happening on a monthly basis.

it doesnt have to happen to you in order to feel a slight bit of concern. you are playing this game like many others. but when something happens to your account either being banned for gardening or hacked for no reason and you come on here to post your problem looking for comfort and support, ill be sure to quote and post your "I still enjoy the game and don't see any of this as a bothersome to me."

You're stating SE is a piss poor company because the reasons you stated. This is like going to restaurant that has crappy food yet you still go to it just to pay for rights to say it's crappy. If my account gets "hacked" or have the difficulties that others have had in the past, I'll just stop playing. When things have been going well for me for years and then they fumble the ball like they have with you, I'm bouncing and going to find a new game to get involved with. If the product is crap, I'll claim it is crap and move on. I'm just one of those people that needs to experience it firsthand instead of jumping into some bandwagon. I know what is happening is real and can happen to me, but if it doesn't happen to me then I have no concerns.
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-09-02 12:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Thunderz said:
Defending SE is epic lulz

When something is broken SE will fix it in wat 3years

When something would be cool to have SE will wat add it in 5years or never

And when something that no one wants is suggested its in the next version update! /bell or cheese sandwich anyone?

Cheese sandwich was brought up in a player question in the 2007 fan fest.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-02 12:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Deist said:
Hypnotizd said:
Thunderz said:
Defending SE is epic lulz

When something is broken SE will fix it in wat 3years

When something would be cool to have SE will wat add it in 5years or never

And when something that no one wants is suggested its in the next version update! /bell or cheese sandwich anyone?

Cheese sandwich was brought up in a player question in the 2007 fan fest.

I know the history behind it and noone wanted it except for some douche. So SE implemented it in the next update.

Edit: Apparently this was my 1000th post. Go me =P
[+]
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-09-02 12:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when it was brought up, everyone cheered. Guess it gave SE the wrong idea?

Then again, its the Fan fest - they announced that they were going to be nerfing SAM again at that same fest - and everyone cheered. Guess most the people there were SE fan boys.

Personally I see this game as hugely flawed - and one of the major flaws would stem from no actual consistent form of communication - sure you can send your complaints or ideas in some online form. But really - its only a one way form of communication. They truly don't do the majority of what the players would ask for. Or if they do, like someone said - it would take 5 years.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-09-03 01:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the majority of this that I read Rylis was the one person I whole-heartedly agreed with.

About the Beta comment, I'm not sure how you could say ffxi is a beta for ffvix. Isn't that just 'learning from your mistakes'? What a novel idea, trying not to make the same mistakes twice.

Now I've worked with Software Validation with a company before, and I have to say it is VERY hard to continuously update and fix a Live software product that a company uses while constantly making changes and dealing with new problems, unhappy users and other concerns as they arise. It is impossible to be perfect and get absolutely everything right. I say if any of you care so much about all of these problems you're complaining about that, "aren't being dealt with" go work for SE yourself and see if you can actually do anything about it. If you don't want to do that, then don't play a game you seem to dislike so much.

I'm going to keep playing ffxi because I enjoy it, it's a good way to pass some free time, and I have made many good friends since I started almost 4 years ago. And once 14 comes out I will try it while I continue playing FFXI to see which I like better.

As for all of these conspiracy theories of SE trying to drive ffxi's player base away is just laughable. Why would they drive off their loyal income? We are what keep them afloat. They'd really chance making their still loyal players angry at the company and perhaps not have as many people start playing 14? I don't personally don't think so.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-03 01:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Malicfayt said:
Irie said:
SE doesn't care, FFXI is FFXIV beta :D

There is your answer. The facts are obvious.
To start They have a test server thats only for show. To prove that point think back on all the serious mistakes they make all the time at every single major update(example: 2handed update). Given i know its hard given the amount of code in this game to take account for. I mean Its literally impossible to re-write it. No one can make a private server FFXI game because of it. However thats what your test server is for SE, its there to use.
All we are is in essence part of a Beta for XIV. That could be said for any MMO, or game in general from a single company, like Starcraft one and Starcraft 2. But this is on a whole different level altogether.

The community made this game what it is, SE just provided the programmers.

Your "facts" are way off. A database for privately run FFXI servers has been in the works for years. It's not "literally impossible", as the people at ProjectXI prove with every single one of their updates.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-09-03 11:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Majicfayt said:
Sigh...

No need for the name calling man. If i am somehow not entitled to my own opinions then i'll gladly shut up, however thats not the case. Perhaps the word Beta is too strong a word. I suppose a different word should be used? In essence that is what it is though. Essence - attributes that make up an object.

If I'm wrong about SE not using the Atomos Server as the Test server it actually is. Then... I... Apologize? *ahem* No. That wont be necessary. It has been on the Official server list on POL for as long as i can remember, If it was always called Atomos, i cant tell you that. But i always could recall a server being named (test server) on the list. If they don't use it? well i didn't know. I was under the impression that they did. And by all rights they should. They CAN test things can they not? Before implementing them into the game can't they? Well i should hope they can! Otherwise well... Correction #1 for FFXIV - create a test server where we (SE) can physically test the game mechanics in before releasing any major update. haha

Look This is SE's First online adventure, If they are not breaking the game down into a Beta (there is that devilish word again) like essence (word of the day, this the word of the day), they need to give their heads a shake. Any game developer is suppose to learn from past experiences. That goes without saying in every day life even. Since this is their only real online experience they need to take this to the next level. FFXI Was, no, IS a learning experience. Breath it in, accept it, Memorize it. If they are NOT using FFXI as a past experience in which they can grow upon and learn from i can and will gladly take the place of one of their designers.

Your PS PS2 and 3 example was the same as my Starcraft example of SC1 and SC2 and what i just explained above.

It is WORLD WIDELY EVIDENT that FFXIV WILL be taking Aspects of FFXI and implementing them. Their characters are proof of that. I'm not saying its a spin off, a sequel, or anything remotely related to FFXI in story at all all either. If they didn't they should all be fired. Its human nature to learn from past experiences as I have already said.. They are a company they want to make more money, Obviously. They are not the only MMO stars that People have to choose from, and the variety available is... growing really fast.

I'm not siding with Blizzard, SE or anyone else... I honestly Don't care. I've always been partial to the Final Fantasy franchise, however My money is up for grabs and it goes to the best MMO all of you companies can Produce and make appeal to ME the consumer. be it even (dare i say) Guild Wars2

I hate how much animosity the internet produces, Its people like you who really drive me over the edge. No one deserves to be called anything here, or anywhere. Right or wrong. Put the name calling away and grow up. If you have anger issues or are just trying to prove your superiority to someone you see as lower than yourself keep garbage like that post to yourself.
Write a poem, work out, play some Wii boxing, get a release for yourself if you have anger issues. I see everyone on the internet as an equal, here on FF AH, and everywhere else over the net.
I am not your release nor will i ever be.

this is too long already. i'm going to stop now >_>;
No hard feelings btw guy.

-"Tool" out -_^;

I don't know if that is a terribly accurate statement to make.. It's an oversimplification.. Saying that the PS or PS2 were simply betas to 3 would broaden the term to basically say, "Well, everything's a beta.." I mean.. The PS2 had a 6 year run before the PS3 came out.. That would imply that anything you do, and then follow with something else was just a beta for something else.. Which is all very zen, but succeeds only at nullifying the word beta.

As far as I've seen, FFXIV is going to have some drastic differences, not the least of which would be that FFXI is a level-based system, and XIV has been said to not be.. Weapons determining classes might even imply a lack of choice involved within the classes.. Yeah, the races are obviously a cut and paste job, but that's not uncommon when a company releases a second game, MMO or otherwise. I'm sure XI players will look at XIV and see some resounding similarities, but enough to call it a beta? Go play in a beta.. Rarely have I found that a game changes so dramatically from beta to retail. Lots of minor changes that contribute to a different feel, sure.. But an overhaul of key systems? Not that I can remember.

SE will apply some of their better sense from XI over, I'm sure. With luck, they'll prove that they listened more than some seem to think, and we'll find happiness in XIV.. If not, players will flock to another MMO, and SE will see that they have to change their business model.. Bitching and ranting about it like crazed monkeys, which some of XI players have decided to, however, isn't going to get through to them.

In the end, though, we're all just speculating on something still quite devoid of facts.

And, of course.. Conspiracy theorists, out there, I didn't forget about you.. I bestow upon you: lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-03 12:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's keep it nice in here, everyone is entitled to their opinions and name calling isn't necessary.
 Lakshmi.Tadacho
user: Tadacho
By Lakshmi.Tadacho 2009-09-03 12:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Boring.

Why are people so bothered about a few pixels popping up on your screen a couple of times? Just play the game; it's hardly "harassment".
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-03 15:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that one person said "FFXI is a beta for FFXIV" in jest a long time ago, and people are actually believing it and justifying it with false theories is hilarious.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-09-03 16:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
[/quote]

1.You're stating SE is a piss poor company because the reasons you stated. This is like going to restaurant that has crappy food yet you still go to it just to pay for rights to say it's crappy. If my account gets "hacked" or have the difficulties that others have had in the past, I'll just stop playing. When things have been going well for me for years and then they fumble the ball like they have with you, I'm bouncing and going to find a new game to get involved with. If the product is crap, I'll claim it is crap and move on. 2. I'm just one of those people that needs to experience it firsthand instead of jumping into some bandwagon. I know what is happening is real and can happen to me, but if it doesn't happen to me then I have no concerns.

1.Either you didn't read my paragraph correctly or you just want to make an argument over my opinion that you obviously don't agree with.

2. you Tried to bash me for Voicing my opinion about SE. Sounds like a bandwagon Jump to me..
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-09-03 17:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SE sells gold in WoW too, true story! They must be because they're behind Brogames! They're behind all RMTing didn't you know?!

Give me a break lol

I'm going back to playing FFXI for fun now instead of reading lame conspiracy/QQ threads, all though I did get a good laugh from some posts.

I think a lot of you take things way to seriously...
[+]