Sinister Reign!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 09:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Ramyrez said: »
All I know is all the magic accuracy I could muster wasn't landing dark shot on Arciela last night and that makes me really sad.

I mean i can land silence on WHM on this content, with mild difficulty. Just get a GEO to Indi-focus on you. you should be good.

GEO makes everything better.

Thusfar my experience is that GEO sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't. Light/Dark shot have always -- ever since they changed them from doing damage to sleep/dispel -- been either reliable or utter crap, rarely "mildly difficult to land."

Frankly, I'm of the opinion I wish they just still did light/dark damage for the purpose of enhancing debuffs and -- with newer gear -- the damage of Leaden Salute/etc.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 09:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad the COR was there last night to shoot me to sleep every time I was charmed. WHM didn't seem to have a repose macro made.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-11 09:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I'm glad the COR was there last night to shoot me to sleep every time I was charmed. WHM didn't seem to have a repose macro made.

Unacceptable!

The new /focustarget feature allows the WHM to react immediately once they see the heart icon show up. There is absolutely no excuse why a WHM shouldn't be instantly responsive to things like that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-11 09:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use many macros anymore, gearswap for life yo.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 10:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unacceptable!

The new /focustarget feature allows the WHM to react immediately once they see the heart icon show up. There is absolutely no excuse why a WHM shouldn't be instantly responsive to things like that.

Agreed, but WHM was JP and communication was difficult. Instead, the COR shot me to sleep so fast, he deserves a medal.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 10:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unacceptable!

Agreed, but WHM was JP and communication was difficult. Instead, the COR shot me to sleep so fast, he deserves a medal.

Yeah. I'm not going to tell you that light shot/dark shot current functionality doesn't have benefits. And instantly sleeping charmed people/randomly popped adds while brds/blms/whms might be in the middle of casts is one of the biggest.

I just think there would be a bigger net gain if they were the old way.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Unacceptable!

Yeah. I'm not going to tell you that light shot/dark shot current functionality doesn't have benefits. And instantly sleeping charmed people/randomly popped adds while brds/blms/whms might be in the middle of casts is one of the biggest.

I just think there would be a bigger net gain if they were the old way.

Well, I don't really COR, so I can neither agree nor disagree. I guess I'm just trying to cheer you up since you couldn't land dispel and then even got screwed out of a MAcc knife. COR is still a valuable job in this event and I want one with me, regardless of the dark/light shot acc.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 10:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, thanks. ^^

I love my corsair and that's not changing.

It's just been frustrating to be a corsair since SoA dropped. Lots of hit-and-miss updates. Lots of being able on paper to do a lot of damage but mechanics not really being very corsair-friendly. At least not in my group.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 16:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about gear drops: If you choose an item, then you get another one with better augments, is there anything you can do with the first one? Like trade it for a few bayld somewhere? Or do we just have to toss unwanted things?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-11 16:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Toss only
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 16:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Toss only
Thanks
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2015-08-11 16:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My Brilliance has 14 divine magic skill, so the cap is likely 15. My Serenity has Cure casting time -7%. Highest I've seen so far.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-08-11 16:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed with Arceila in sinister reign that when she changes between light/dark modes she becomes very resistant to the opposite elements. When she's in Light mode, she resists Dark/water/earth/ice and vice versa but not for the same line of elements of the mode she is currently using. She would take some dmg from fusion skillchain if she's in light mode but using the same skillchain it's dmg will be resisted alot when she's in dark mode
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-12 08:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I've noticed with Arceila in sinister reign that when she changes between light/dark modes she becomes very resistant to the opposite elements. When she's in Light mode, she resists Dark/water/earth/ice and vice versa but not for the same line of elements of the mode she is currently using. She would take some dmg from fusion skillchain if she's in light mode but using the same skillchain it's dmg will be resisted alot when she's in dark mode

We believe that is posted in the notes lol....

but yes you are correct.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-12 09:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

I dunno. That little hussy was resisting my dark shots the entire fight no matter what. But maybe that's just the nature of corsair "(not)working as intended," as SE likes to say.
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-08-14 00:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys noticed some occult system of performance appraisal for augment granting?

People i know in my server are getting suspicious and convinced that only DDs get good augments while supports and tankers have very low chances of seeing gear with maxed augments.

Do you guys have any thoughts about this?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-14 00:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's wrong. Just ridiculously and utterly wrong. This system is RNG, that's all.

I'm consistently the only DD for my group in every run we've done. I am the only one yet to get a single perfectly augmented item, while the PLD, WHM, GEO, and COR all have multiple. It's just random.
[+]
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-08-14 01:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was the GEO with Oraen, I consider myself strictly party mage/support...and yet I got the perfect aug'd Samu tights, over Oraen who is considered a career BLU COR. There's no reward or "preference" in drops; it really is just RNG.
 Bahamut.Flareon
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-08-14 01:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really defend this theory and i want to believe it's nonsense, but it gets difficult to argue with guys who can fill both DD or support roles and claim they have only seen crap while support and good / perfect augs while DDs.

I myself got loads of crappy augments even being one of the main DDs, but still it feel i'm indeed luckier than most of my party mates.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-14 01:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggest leprechauns and/or voodooism to your friends.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-14 02:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got alot of the gear already w/ perfect or near perfect augs, and I usually COR for it. Pretty sure it's random.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-08-14 02:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Every night before I got to bed, I pray to RNGsus that tomorrow my augments will be better than today's. It seems to work for me.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-14 05:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Every night before I got to bed, I pray to RNGsus that tomorrow my augments will be better than today's.

Amen.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-08-14 07:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumalik Mail augment max is:

HP+50
Attack+15
Enmity +9/10 ?
Refresh +2
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-14 08:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done about 30 successful runs, always as pld. Got a few maxed items, lot's of middle ground, some with very bad augments, and 2 trusts. Nice thing, tho, a lot of these items are nice even without maxed augments. So I'll keep doing it until I get all the trusts and Teodor gear, then I'm done.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-14 09:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my perfectly augmented Tam while playing GEO, and my perfectly augmented Rubicundity on DRG. near perfect augments on various pieces on both jobs. the only reason people think that support get shafted is because they're taking more DD than support and skewing their own sample size.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-14 09:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my sample size is 100% whm. Exclusively get dd ***most runs. I doubt the system job based cause when i do have those mage gear. Its a hurray moment.

I doubt its job dependent.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-08-14 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just got max augments for leyline gloves ^^ so sweet. Still trying to get better augments for witching robe/ samn Coat and Dampening Tam
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-08-15 01:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Noticed Rosulatia's Charm is the distance around her 5yalms and under.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-15 10:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody can give me the quickest way to the hp?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14