Sinister Reign!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-23 10:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there was a wide open consensus on the "new drops" being a wonky translation for "added CP to SR fights", no real new items.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-23 10:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any hint or explanation that SR could be the dyna-like thing Arciela talks about at the end of SoA?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-23 10:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think there was a wide open consensus on the "new drops" being a wonky translation for "added CP to SR fights", no real new items.
If no one has found any new rewards yet then it's possible I suppose.
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is there any hint or explanation that SR could be the dyna-like thing Arciela talks about at the end of SoA?
I don't remember this at all but I beat SoA right after the last missions were released so it's been a while, I always figured Sinister Reign was just Balamor creating imitations of the 9 NPCs and empowering them to fight you, all for amusement as that seems to be all he's interested in.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-11-23 11:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it was the cutscene where you got Arciela as a Trust. With SR in mind, I'll have to rewatch it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-23 14:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Imho no, plus that was all about Arciela's missing father, the previous king, whereas SR is just alternate stuff created by Balamor for his own entertaining.

Guess that thing is just another of the unfinished things left open in SoA when they decided to end everything with RoV.
 Carbuncle.Zantestuken
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zantestuken 2015-11-25 13:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
So no one has found any new drops? I'm starting to think they added stuff to the fourth "random item" slot.

So far i don't see any new drops. Been spamming SR late at night with PUG groups and nothing new. Just lots of crappy/augmented drop streaks lol.

Anyone tried doing this with trust yet?
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-27 12:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeanpaul, thank you very much for all of your effort.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [287 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-09 04:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the necro but need some info. Viability of soloing w/ Trusts as RUN or BLU/duoing RUN or BLU + COR without Escha gear? Need that August cipher and I have no friends, rip.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-09 05:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit that godforgotten server and come to Asura instead of being such a lonelier! :-P
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-09-09 06:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SR is soloable and doable with trusts, however, its not easy and requires decent gear (Acc 1.1k+ pre buffs). But bear in mind that you cannot rely on trust tank AND healer as they wont avoid AoEs and frequent hate reset moves of some of the NMs might get problematic. Personally I have good experience with going Tank + Geo + DD + Trusts for somewhat decent killing speed (8~10min). Remember you can recall trusts between the waves. So call Koru for a Haste II and Dia III, let him die and resummon before next wave. However, that is with Escha gear.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-09 07:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duo'd it with little escha gear (Adhemar hands, feet, nibiru, some herc) with whm and trusts, but it turned out being a zombie fest because August would use his 10k nails cleave since kill speed would be drastically low.
By Yandaime 2016-09-09 08:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Quit that godforgotten server and come to Asura instead of being such a lonelier! :-P

^this.

I innitially moved from Valefor to Asura for SR shouts but ended up staying because the English population is SOOOOOOO much stronger here. There are active shouts for all kinds of events at all hours of the day here. Unlike Valefor which is heavily JP and you usually have to grovel to get invited to anything. Also the PUGs here are pretty decent. Actually functional on a lot of things
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-09-10 02:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i whole heartedly support the movement to move him to asura!
By Afania 2016-09-10 02:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sorry for the necro but need some info. Viability of soloing w/ Trusts as RUN or BLU/duoing RUN or BLU + COR without Escha gear? Need that August cipher and I have no friends, rip.

Without escha gear and august it's honestly gonna be pretty tough. Even if you manage to pull it off it's not gonna be efficient enough to be worth it IMO. SR could *** you up with random drops so you do need decent kill speed if you want to get gears that you want within reasonable amount of time.

Why start with SR to gear up though, majority of SR gears are outdated except a few, and ambu gears are better/easier to get. Starting with ambu/zitah and skip SR for now is probably a faster way to gear up.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-10 03:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not interested in the gear, just the cipher
By Bahadir 2016-09-10 04:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
majority of SR gears are outdated except a few
While I agree that for some pieces there are improvements out there now, there are quite a few situaitional pieces in SR that are still very good.
Some that come to my mind are (assuming perfect augs of course):
- Dampening Tam
- Malevolence
- Amm Greaves (DT-5% piece for some jobs which dont have easy access to that without dark matter augs)
- Samnuha Coat/Tights
- Ochu
- Entricer's Pants
and Im sure there are more.
I think SR gear is not as bad as ppl tend to believe. The bigger prob is that most ppl already have the gear as its not soooo hard to obtain perfect augs so many ppl are not really interested in SR anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-10 07:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Taming Sari (perf) is still one of the best things around, arguably the best offhand and the best nonRME dagger.
Leyline Gloves are pretty awesome
Brilliance is an awesome nonRME tanking sword for PLD
There's also those DW gloves which can be really nice

I'm sure there's more.
Tl;dr yes, there's still a lot of interesting/relevant SR perf aug pieces (good luck gettin em tho!)
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-10 07:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

majority of SR gears are outdated except a few
While I agree that for some pieces there are improvements out there now, there are quite a few situaitional pieces in SR that are still very good.
Some that come to my mind are (assuming perfect augs of course):
- Dampening Tam
- Malevolence
- Amm Greaves (DT-5% piece for some jobs which dont have easy access to that without dark matter augs)
- Samnuha Coat/Tights
- Ochu
- Entricer's Pants
I think SR gear is not as bad as ppl tend to believe. The bigger prob is that most ppl already have the gear as its not soooo hard to obtain perfect augs so many ppl are not really interested in SR anymore.

A lot of reisen augment piece can get close or beat them if your aug isn't max though. Also depends on how you use them. You can get as much QA and acc on herc as max Dampening tam, you get more acc and macc from carmine hq.

What's Samnuha coat good for? Magic burst dmg II for NIN and RUN?

I'm under the impression that AG empy is the best offhand dagger.

I use leyline for FC and DW hands, personally. But I think those are too situational and not very huge upgrade to spam SR lottery without an efficient pt for, compare to doing ambu or mid to high tier escha gears. Or zitah even.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-10 07:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You might want to get at least a little bit of Escha gear (Zitah is probably fine). Ground Strike/CDC > Leaden Salute is great on most of these guys, and Light (Savage/Res > Last Stand > CDC/Dim) would do well on the rest. COR might wanna sub NIN, as some of the worst WSs (notably from Morimar and Teodor) are aoe physical.

Arciela: Physical damage might be better. Go for offense as she's not particularly dangerous (but Ygnas is annoying).
Darrculin: Extremely weak to magic, Darkness SC will rip through him fairly fast. Weak to Ice.
Ingrid: Be a little careful with her, as she's very aggressive with WSs. No real elemental resistances, but does have MDB. She'll buff with white magic and has Self-Aggrandizement so you can utilize Dark Shot's damage bonus.
Rosulatia: Rough WSs, but their range is small, so you might wanna shoot from a distance. The vines die fast in case you can't sleep/super tank them.
Teodor: Leaden will suck, but he'll have shadows too so your SC might suck regardless. It might be a drawn out fight, but don't underestimate Sinner's Cross (strong aoe phys) and Hemocladis (very strong aoe drain).
Morimar: Defensively weak but very strong offenses tends to rip through melees. COR would probably be better off shooting safely from a distance. Either SC is fine.
Sajj'aka: Super weak to Dark. I'm not sure, but I think Dark Shot might break his chest when he's readying Denounce (though LS or Tenebrae Lunge/Swipe definitely will).
Super Arciela: Just go physical on her. Her aoe statuses are a pain (especially from her WKR summons), so COR might wanna keep a distance (but watch out for the Shark).
August: Also weak to Dark, and the only reliable way to break his wings. You might wanna have a trust tank him (at least the first time you fight him) so you don't wipe if he uses No Quarter.

edit: I forgot Wildfire was a thing. Fire works fine on most of them, but notably Rosulatia and Teodor.
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-09-10 10:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Samnuha coat good for?
I was under the impression that its a good MB piece. At least its the best I know for Nin. Herc Augs cannot beat that.

But I think those are too situational and not very huge upgrade to spam SR lottery without an efficient pt for
Annoying to farm without an efficient pt? Definitely! But then again SR is not super hard content and many setups work efficiently.

However, some of the gear is better than Escha gear and most is arguably cheaper. If you dont like randomness in your augs then I feel like SR is still a bit more friendly than reisen gear.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-10 12:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What's Samnuha coat good for?
I was under the impression that its a good MB piece. At least its the best I know for Nin. Herc Augs cannot beat that.

But I think those are too situational and not very huge upgrade to spam SR lottery without an efficient pt for
Annoying to farm without an efficient pt? Definitely! But then again SR is not super hard content and many setups work efficiently.

However, some of the gear is better than Escha gear and most is arguably cheaper. If you dont like randomness in your augs then I feel like SR is still a bit more friendly than reisen gear.

Not sure if you even get my point... if you are a returning player you dont prioritize items like NIN mb body, or FC hands for light armor jobs. You prioritize great DD pieces(for DD jobs) that helps you deal more dmg and do harder content more efficiently.

At least I certainly wouldn't duo SR for 20 min a run wearing pre escha gear for one piece of NIN MB body,I would aim for things like adhemar, herc or ambu. That's bigger upgrade for someone wearing pre escha gears and difficulty isn't much higher.

But hey, the decision isn't mine to make.

If Op has a way to make an SR pt he wouldn't ask here. Btw, by efficient pt I mean 4 min kill, I don't think all setup can kill in 4 min, otherwise there won't be 7 min SR pt out there.
By Afania 2016-09-10 12:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
You might want to get at least a little bit of Escha gear (Zitah is probably fine). Ground Strike/CDC > Leaden Salute is great on most of these guys, and Light (Savage/Res > Last Stand > CDC/Dim) would do well on the rest. COR might wanna sub NIN, as some of the worst WSs (notably from Morimar and Teodor) are aoe physical.

Arciela: Physical damage might be better. Go for offense as she's not particularly dangerous (but Ygnas is annoying).
Darrculin: Extremely weak to magic, Darkness SC will rip through him fairly fast. Weak to Ice.
Ingrid: Be a little careful with her, as she's very aggressive with WSs. No real elemental resistances, but does have MDB. She'll buff with white magic and has Self-Aggrandizement so you can utilize Dark Shot's damage bonus.
Rosulatia: Rough WSs, but their range is small, so you might wanna shoot from a distance. The vines die fast in case you can't sleep/super tank them.
Teodor: Leaden will suck, but he'll have shadows too so your SC might suck regardless. It might be a drawn out fight, but don't underestimate Sinner's Cross (strong aoe phys) and Hemocladis (very strong aoe drain).
Morimar: Defensively weak but very strong offenses tends to rip through melees. COR would probably be better off shooting safely from a distance. Either SC is fine.
Sajj'aka: Super weak to Dark. I'm not sure, but I think Dark Shot might break his chest when he's readying Denounce (though LS or Tenebrae Lunge/Swipe definitely will).
Super Arciela: Just go physical on her. Her aoe statuses are a pain (especially from her WKR summons), so COR might wanna keep a distance (but watch out for the Shark).
August: Also weak to Dark, and the only reliable way to break his wings. You might wanna have a trust tank him (at least the first time you fight him) so you don't wipe if he uses No Quarter.

Tbh if you can get a GEO mule or friends itll be much easier and faster. 2 GEO for vex attunement is even better. Malaise + leaden or wf destroys everything except arciela in 3rd wave. Have one person open SC and everything should die fast.

WF works on arciela 1st wave if I remember correctly, also works on teodor and rosulatia.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-10 12:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Sylvie unity trust...but she kinda decides on her own which buffs/debuffs to make <.<
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-10 13:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think "get people" was the answer they're looking for.

I have Sylvie unity trust...but she kinda decides on her own which buffs/debuffs to make <.<
If your accuracy is too low, she'll use accuracy/evasion down bubbles instead of attack/defense down bubbles. The same applies with magic accuracy and mage jobs. Incidentally, for RUN/PLD/NIN, she'll always use Indi-Haste (supposedly 28.8%) and entrust Indi-Refresh (RUN/PLD) or Regen (NIN).
[+]
By Bahadir 2016-09-11 03:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you even get my point...
Ok, you r right here. I misunderstood what you were tryn to say. And I agree that SR is not something you should start with when tryn to gear up. My point was not "start gearing with SR" either but rather SR is still useful content for many jobs.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
So there is a way to break wings and prevent him from using No Qarter? I thought wings only go away after he uses that move.
So far mostly the tank would just zombie him when I did it.
Also I had tanks kiting him when wings were up to avoid No Quarter. Can some1 confirm whether this works?
By Pantafernando 2016-09-11 05:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Last i did SE, the party pld just started to run while the wings were up so he could avoid No Quarter. That time the dd was a nin, that i believe survived due to migawari.
By Bahadir 2016-09-11 06:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Last i did SE, the party pld just started to run while the wings were up so he could avoid No Quarter. That time the dd was a nin, that i believe survived due to migawari.
Thats what I remember what we did as well but talking about "breaking wings" I wasnt sure anymore if we got wings down and avoided No Quarter or if the Pld dodged it. In any case its a conal move so as long as every1 else makes sure not to stand in the way (including DDs making sure to attack from behind and not pull hate) then that is usually a safe way of dealing with August.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-09-11 06:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way is to have a blu use absolute terror which should last long enough for August to get raped and not actually be able to get the wings up at all during the fight. I went with a few groups who went blu blu blu geo cor whm and you can pretty much absolute terror every wave and get them down in seconds.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-11 08:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
If the PLD is in the know, it's 90s(iirc) that August will use No Quarter.

So ones I've gone with have tanked him on one side, then run to the other side of the arena and August will get the "too far away" message and no one will die or take any damage.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-11 13:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I always broke wings before by doing a 3 step Darkness, but I'm not certain if it's necessarily the SC type itself, the number of steps, or both. There's no message or even !! when he loses them, they just fade away. He also takes less damage with wings up, so if you can reliably break them, you'll beat him faster.

Migawari doesn't work on No Quarter, though. Neither does Scherzo, Earthen Armor, DT gear, etc. You can absorb it if you're wearing gear that absorbs damage (ie: PLD and RUN empyrean sets), and I haven't tested but I think Shadow Mantle might even work as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14