Sinister Reign!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2015-08-09 13:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
You can stun them, I stunned the shark 2-3 times in a row with Shock Squall. I'm not sure if stunning it made her resummon the same nm, or if it was just coincidence. Only saw her once in 15+ runs yesterday.

Oh okay. Guessing it still got tp move off though? And we had shark 3 times in a row too btw (no stuns).
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-09 13:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally get mad when we win against Super Arciela, she doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-09 13:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, from missions, it would appear she kind of like a bit of rough treatment..

keke.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-09 13:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime you dismiss her, she wants to tell you about her favorite desserts, somethin wrong with this woman.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-08-09 13:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Oh okay. Guessing it still got tp move off though? And we had shark 3 times in a row too btw (no stuns).

Ah, k, that was our first repeat Naakual, so I wasn't sure. Mayhem didn't go off, but they don't stick around to retry, and my BP timer was up long before she summoned again.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-09 13:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Livestreaming some Sinister Reign here
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-09 14:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Too far from the action, can't really see much :v

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Namonaki
Server: Sylph
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-08-09 22:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
On Sajj'aka I am having a REALLY hard time with Denounce + Bio/Aspir proc. I think twice I got it spot on and it didn't do anything. :-(

Rosulatia, Charm-ga'd my whole party with Vex/Attunement up except me...twice. The second time it was evaded by me and the WHM. That was very interesting...idk if its a fluke or what. Anyone else encounter this? lol
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-09 22:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Namonaki said: »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.
On Sajj'aka I am having a REALLY hard time with Denounce + Bio/Aspir proc. I think twice I got it spot on and it didn't do anything. :-(

Rosulatia, Charm-ga'd my whole party with Vex/Attunement up except me...twice. The second time it was evaded by me and the WHM. That was very interesting...idk if its a fluke or what. Anyone else encounter this? lol

Doesn't mages gear normally have more magic evasion attached assuming everyone has 119 gear? Maybe that could explain it assuming you were both mages?
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-08-09 23:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Doesn't mages gear normally have more magic evasion attached assuming everyone has 119 gear? Maybe that could explain it assuming you were both mages?

The WHM in our party had like 2 pieces that were 119'd (if that), so yeah that is true, but given that, it just seems weird. I think I am just more shocked everyone got Charm'd than the usual 1, maybe 2. IDK! RNG game drives me nuts! :p
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-10 00:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The window for Denounce is pretty small; you probably won't hit it with anything other than Swipe or Lunge unless you're lucky or on stand-by. I'm curious if Dark Shot works, though I'm sure Leaden Salute does.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-10 00:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
If your not following BG, APARANTLY August's wings can be removed using a darkness skillchain. Testing needs to be donnneeeeee~
I've set off darkness repeatedly and never seen No Quater not go off. Read the thread. Not sure what it was but I can't imagine it was darkness.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-10 00:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was fighting him earlier, my friend Wintumn was counting down to each No Quarter. Seems it may be timed. Didn't follow it up or count myself so no idea what she was really doing there but she was definitely counting and No Quarter would go off.

When I get back online i'll spam S.R. till I get him again and start counting to see if she was on to something.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-08-10 01:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

The WHM in our party had like 2 pieces that were 119'd (if that), so yeah that is true, but given that, it just seems weird. I think I am just more shocked everyone got Charm'd than the usual 1, maybe 2. IDK! RNG game drives me nuts! :p

I think even ilvl 115 mage gear is on par or slightly higher than 119 gear for DDs when it comes to magic evasion. But yeah that RNG...
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-10 12:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a group of good beast masters win this event?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-08-10 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

2-3 well geared and JP fitted BST will have zero issues here using tiger pet. PLD, WHM or RDM or SCH, and a COR, you'll win in about 9-11 minutes. Did a bunch of runs last night with PLD WHM COR BST BST BST and every NM in there was slaughtered. I need to stress though you NEED to be a good BST; having just 119 stuff and a few select pieces isn't good enough. Did a few runs with very subpar BSTs and even using a GEO and COR it took pretty much down to the last second to win.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-10 13:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

2-3 well geared and JP fitted BST will have zero issues here using tiger pet. PLD, WHM or RDM or SCH, and a COR, you'll win in about 9-11 minutes. Did a bunch of runs last night with PLD WHM COR BST BST BST and every NM in there was slaughtered. I need to stress though you NEED to be a good BST; having just 119 stuff and a few select pieces isn't good enough. Did a few runs with very subpar BSTs and even using a GEO and COR it took pretty much down to the last second to win.

Nice thanks
By Boredwithyou 2015-08-10 15:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

2 well geared bst can take all 3 nm's don't matter which in 10-13min. We did pld, whm (don't really need a geo/whm can do the job) cor, geo, bst, bst. Nm 1 will go down in 2mins or so, nm2 usually the worst, goes down in 5min, and 3rd nm goes down same as 1st nm aslong as its not, Arciela with tree summon dooming pets, will go down in few mins.

Could also try rngs, did that just swapping bst for rngs, dies just as fast.

Nox, yes you stunned all the sharks tp moves that night. it does only 1 ja/tp move, not verve then mayhem. So ramuh stunning pretty much null and voided that naakul, was rather nice.
 Fenrir.Martin
Server: Fenrir
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2015-08-10 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody noticed a drastic difference today? went with a party that has done before (my first fights) went pld bst bst bst rng whm, bst pets and me on rng were whiffing like crazy on ingrid then rosulatia. took at least 10m on ingrid then 15m on rosultia, due to sheer whiffage. went on lights day first, darksday after with pld bst bst cor rng whm, same thing, hit a little better with cor buffs but still coudln't kill in the 30m limit...anybody else noticed huge buff to nm's? or just days/moon/some other SE BS...?
By Chyula 2015-08-10 16:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

toss a geo for eva down noob.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-10 17:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Martin said: »
anybody noticed a drastic difference today? went with a party that has done before (my first fights) went pld bst bst bst rng whm, bst pets and me on rng were whiffing like crazy on ingrid then rosulatia. took at least 10m on ingrid then 15m on rosultia, due to sheer whiffage. went on lights day first, darksday after with pld bst bst cor rng whm, same thing, hit a little better with cor buffs but still coudln't kill in the 30m limit...anybody else noticed huge buff to nm's? or just days/moon/some other SE BS...?

I went today, did 8 runs with BST BST GEO COR WHM PLD. Noticed no change and no wiffing. GEO was using frailty and occasional Entrust torpor. not even Debuffing (it was a JP i diddn't expect much from him).
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-10 22:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest thing with this event is accuracy. You need good gear and you need some form of buffs. BRD, GEO, COR, whatever you choose, you need it. My group has been running this with PLD, GEO, WHM, COR, BLU, with only the BLU as DD. Only one loss due to August being August, but otherwise it's been smooth sailing. This is 130 content and needs to be approached as such.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did SR for the first time last night. 6 runs and won all 6. I found, the hardest part is finding people who finished SoA and feel comfortable doing 130 content.
In 6 runs, I only saw 1 trust drop. I'm a bit of a trust completionist when it comes to trusts, so I'm wondering what it's going to take to get all 4.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-11 08:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Did SR for the first time last night. 6 runs and won all 6. I found, the hardest part is finding people who finished SoA and feel comfortable doing 130 content.
In 6 runs, I only saw 1 trust drop. I'm a bit of a trust completionist when it comes to trusts, so I'm wondering what it's going to take to get all 4.

We don't believe teodor drops from this. Infact at the momment we don't believe he drops at all from this. I'm well into 100+ runs of this so.

That being said From my experience, Roselettia is the rarest NM to spawn. (seen her 11 times total). Probably making here rarer. But August is a common pop. But also drops lots of stuff.... soooo...
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 08:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically I'm going to have to do a lot of SR. I get it, thanks.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-11 08:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is all the magic accuracy I could muster wasn't landing dark shot on Arciela last night and that makes me really sad.

All the time, money, and work I've sunk into corsair and I can't dispel at-level content.

Yet after the fight, I got offered a few new daggers (a weapon in which corsair has a high skill rating) that were packed with MAB (a stat corsair needs)...and they were, in combination, equipable by nearly every job except corsair.

Guess I'll stick with my ilevel 115 dagger w/ 10 MAB or my (inferior) +90 magic damage sword whilst dragoon and samurai use the m.acc/MAB +25/34 (w/ +5 MAB augment) dagger...

Yet I see more amazing new pet gear added this update...
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 08:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
All I know is all the magic accuracy I could muster wasn't landing dark shot on Arciela last night and that makes me really sad.

All the time, money, and work I've sunk into corsair and I can't dispel at-level content.

Yet after the fight, I got offered a few new daggers (a weapon in which corsair has a high skill rating) that were packed with MAB (a stat corsair needs)...and they were, in combination, equipable by nearly every job except corsair.

Guess I'll stick with my ilevel 115 dagger w/ 10 MAB or my (inferior) +90 magic damage sword whilst dragoon and samurai use the m.acc/MAB +25/34 (w/ +5 MAB augment) dagger...

Yet I see more amazing new pet gear added this update...

Yeah, they kind of did screw COR on those daggers. I'm sorry for your plight.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-11 08:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean i can land silence on WHM on this content, with mild difficulty. Just get a GEO to Indi-focus on you. you should be good.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-11 08:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

I mean i can land silence on WHM on this content, with mild difficulty. Just get a GEO to Indi-focus on you. you should be good.

GEO makes everything better.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14