Sinister Reign!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-07 10:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Quote:
AUGUST- With the wings up, he has access to the move No Counter, which deals 9999 damage split conally. DT gear, Scherzo, Earthen Armor, and other protections DO NOT WORK to stop this.
Used PLD, NIN, SMN, x2 GEO, WHM. Tank died and Miga up w/ no shadows 9999 dmg. So neither does Migawari.

I'm curious what the SMN's role was besides support buffs. Were BP attacks doing good damage?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-07 10:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if Perfect Defense works.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-07 10:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Quote:
AUGUST- With the wings up, he has access to the move No Counter, which deals 9999 damage split conally. DT gear, Scherzo, Earthen Armor, and other protections DO NOT WORK to stop this.
Used PLD, NIN, SMN, x2 GEO, WHM. Tank died and Miga up w/ no shadows 9999 dmg. So neither does Migawari.

I'm curious what the SMN's role was besides support buffs. Were BP attacks doing good damage?

Well geared SMNs do incredibly high damage, especially when they have support. While their attacks are less frequent, the ability to simply dismiss and resummon pets after, say, amnesia,sleep or death and immediately continue to do damage, not to mention having access to both strong physical and magical BPs with the same pets, makes SMN a great addition to pet parties specifically, but they work well in any party. Also, they're great off healers.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-07 10:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
TEODOR:
- Coolest NPC in the game. You and your friends will never be as cool as Teodor.

Possibly the truest this ever said in any guide ever.

Thanks for this guide.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-07 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Up to 20k+ I seen but he was doing Impact and Att Bonus and all so.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-07 10:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Quote:

Well geared SMNs do incredibly high damage, especially when they have support. While their attacks are less frequent, the ability to simply dismiss and resummon pets after, say, amnesia,sleep or death and immediately continue to do damage, not to mention having access to both strong physical and magical BPs with the same pets, makes SMN a great addition to pet parties specifically, but they work well in any party. Also, they're great off healers.

I'm a well-geared mythic SMN so I know what you're saying. But SMN's damage haven't been up to par on some end-game contents as of late (Escha T3's, etc.), so I was curious if BP damage is actually viable in Sinister Reign.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 11:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

so basically, you need to stack... <_< I stacked with a bunch of JPs, and well.... If you don't have full HP whe he uses it you will still die. even with pets and stuuff out.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-07 11:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Quote:

so basically, you need to stack... <_< I stacked with a bunch of JPs, and well.... If you don't have full HP whe he uses it you will still die. even with pets and stuuff out.
We just took turns tanking and SMN finished it off w/o fail.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 11:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

yeah thats works just as well we did the same thing with GEO SCH RUN BRD GEO WHM.... just kept nuking and let the RUN flash back when he was raised and buffed
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 12:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowlina if you wanna update Wiki I just got Loyalist Sabatons with STR+9, Att+9 and Haste+2
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-08-07 12:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

somebody carry me :(
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-07 13:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

yeah thats works just as well we did the same thing with GEO SCH RUN BRD GEO WHM.... just kept nuking and let the RUN flash back when he was raised and buffed
Out of curiosity. Your SCHs kept up AoE stoneskin waitin while stacked? Being NIN using shadows >< idk if yall mages hit repeatedly beforehand or not.... haven't done on mage yet
 Cerberus.Mettatron
user: zekiel
By Cerberus.Mettatron 2015-08-07 13:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Loyalist Sabatons with -5PDT and 5Str last night
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-07 13:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

August is easy enough to tank when weakened, or at least I can say so as a RUN. Our strategy has been to keep Hymnus on me when his wings are going.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Out of curiosity. Your SCHs kept up AoE stoneskin waitin while stacked? Being NIN using shadows >< idk if yall mages hit repeatedly beforehand or not.... haven't done on mage yet

On Mage we don't stack. Only on BST did We stack (We Being JPs).

August is easy enough to tank when weakened, as at I can say so as a RUN. Our strategy has been to keep Hymnus on me when his wings are going.

Said like a champ.... Also apparantly you can quick step (move side to side), out of range if your fast enough. We got to investigate!!!
By Soraishin 2015-08-07 15:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried using RUN's One For All for some of these moves?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 15:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Soraishin said: »
One For All
Everytime I see that ability, this starts playing in my head

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Soraishin 2015-08-07 15:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually played it and went back to the game while it played in the background
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-07 15:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not reduce those super attacks from August and Sajj'aka. If they are to be thwarted, it's through unconventional means.
By Soraishin 2015-08-07 15:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not reduce those super attacks from August and Sajj'aka. If they are to be thwarted, it's through unconventional means.

gotcha, thanks

edit: Going in as bst x2 whm geo cor and random RNG who was in zone who wants in. I'll let you know how this turns out, most likely a massacre.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-07 15:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rewards section added, please point out if you see higher caps or can otherwise fill in blanks. Only the maximum values need to be reported.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-07 16:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When you say well-geared SMN, does that include Nirvana, or can you squeak by without one?

Cause really, I'd like to be useful as a SMN in something endgame that doesn't involve me spamming Cure IV instead of Predator Claws/Volt Strike/whatever.
By Soraishin 2015-08-07 17:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Got these numbers for nobility but they're not cap.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-08-07 18:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice info :P
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-07 19:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

just as a side note, the crafting materials dropped can include Delve boss items, as I received a Rockfin Tooth in my pool this evening.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 19:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just from Arcy? Since, you know, she summons them?
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-07 19:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

we did not fight Arciela II all evening, and I am positive that it was not dropped from the single fight we had Arciela I in, as I took the Leyline Gloves I got from that fight.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 20:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeanpaul you sure on 5% fastcast AUGMENT on Leyline Gloves?
They have 5% FC as base stat, but I think the augment only goes up to 3% for a total of 8%
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-07 20:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the T3 NMs completely random? Did 15 fights and only seen Arciela once. Are there any factors such as PT jobs consisting of mostly mages or DDs?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-08 01:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The materials are independent of who you fight, so you could very well get, say, a Waktza Rostrum completely out of the blue. The 3 NM rewards are guaranteed to be one of the items listed in the original post.

I could be wrong on some of those augments, particularly the ones that are 3 or 5. We'll keep at it til we figure it all out.

What NM you fight seems to be completely random. Like the mighty heads vs tails, at some point you might be seeing some ***way more than others, but hey, that's luck. If there is something to it, then I'm doing it all wrong cuz I get August a whole lot.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14