Why Are People So Judgmental About Gear??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Why are people so judgmental about gear??
Why are people so judgmental about gear??
First Page 2 3 4
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-25 16:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so my boyfriend posts some screenies of us...one person posts a comment, "Lets use the comments section to guess which one(s) is/are are dudes." That's understandable, since both our characters are female, but some total *** named Vylandra from the Fairy server says, "I think it would be better used to try and figure out why either of them would be wearing those gear sets."

Um....with all due respect, Vylandra, which is more than a judgmental moron deserves, do you have ANY CLUE as to our purpose there? Any idea what we were doing, or why, or whether or not our gear was EXACTLY suited for what we were doing? No? Didn't think so. Idiot. >,<

What on earth makes people think they have the right to dictate what other people wear? Anyone who has a clue, please fill me in, because I don't understand. I don't comment on people's gear, unless I invite them to a level 50 pt and they show up in level 1 gear...yeah, then I'd comment. But this was just nasty and mean, and Vylandra is obviously a miserable little loser who thinks everyone should be playing the game the way they command.

Heh...not going to happen, sweetie, so give it up.

OK, that was my rant...I actually feel a little better now. ^,^;
[+]
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-08-25 16:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Silvaria said:
OK, so my boyfriend posts some screenies of us...one person posts a comment, "Lets use the comments section to guess which one(s) is/are are dudes." That's understandable, since both our characters are female, but some total *** named Vylandra from the Fairy server says, "I think it would be better used to try and figure out why either of them would be wearing those gear sets."

Um....with all due respect, Vylandra, which is more than a judgmental moron deserves, do you have ANY CLUE as to our purpose there? Any idea what we were doing, or why, or whether or not our gear was EXACTLY suited for what we were doing? No? Didn't think so. Idiot. >,<

What on earth makes people think they have the right to dictate what other people wear? Anyone who has a clue, please fill me in, because I don't understand. I don't comment on people's gear, unless I invite them to a level 50 pt and they show up in level 1 gear...yeah, then I'd comment. But this was just nasty and mean, and Vylandra is obviously a miserable little loser who thinks everyone should be playing the game the way they command.

Heh...not going to happen, sweetie, so give it up.

OK, that was my rant...I actually feel a little better now. ^,^;

So, you would just rather call them names then pick on their gear? You both seem the same to me.
[+]
 Kujata.Ninesunz
Server: Kujata
user: ninesunz
By Kujata.Ninesunz 2009-08-25 16:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

angry much?
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-08-25 16:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do some people do that, you ask? Because they have WAY too much time on their hands, that's why. As I've said before, the thing that annoys me most about FFXI is that there a certain percentage of players who are hyper-nerds. They've taken what it supposed to be a fantasy role-playing game(which is meant to be just that: a game; Escapism; Fun) and have turned it into nothing more than a series of mathematical equations and spend their days arguing amongst one another about the merit of +1 str over +1 dex. The only time they stop bickering with each other is when they see someone who doesn't have 14 hours a day to spend camping hnm's and wandering through Nyzul, at which point they briefly put aside their differences and gang up on said person and they make fun of their gear.

Most people play to have fun, but unfortunately the hyper-nerds are much more vocal, which makes it seem like there are more of them.

As an aside, yes, I'm fully aware that the game was created using mathematical equations. That doesn't mean you should spend your days sifting through the game's code rather than doing something productive with your life. It's a game, treat it as such.
[+]
 Ifrit.Beamr
Server: Ifrit
user: Beamr
By Ifrit.Beamr 2009-08-25 16:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

a little bitter, but i get what you're saying tend to agree... i strongly dislike reactions from people like that (about what gear you have on). particularly when you didn't ask for an opinion.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skitles
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aphy
By Carbuncle.Skitles 2009-08-25 16:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

^ And that is why ur a pup my friend
[+]
 Kujata.Ninesunz
user: ninesunz
By Kujata.Ninesunz 2009-08-25 16:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

stfu math is fun to me
[+]
 Unicorn.Kingminamoto
Server: Unicorn
user: Minamoto
By Unicorn.Kingminamoto 2009-08-25 16:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

it's because he or she doesn't have anything better to do with there time, it's that simple.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-25 16:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Silvaria said:
What on earth makes people think they have the right to dictate what other people wear?

How do you even go through life?
This is every day ***. Get over it. >.>;
[+]
 Asura.Ravenfornow
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ravenfornow 2009-08-25 17:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Q_Q someone said I have bad gear
QQQQQQ
[+]
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-25 17:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread is stupid

you should be ashamed of yourself
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-25 17:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So, you would just rather call them names then pick on their gear? You both seem the same to me.

Nah. I'm upset because someone I don't know is asserting that my choice of gear is somehow "wrong". Since I did nothing to him initially, had never heard of him before, or make judgmental comments for no reason, it's not even remotely the same thing.

Quote:
angry much?

At the moment, yes, I am. It's a human emotion, and happens when we feel someone has treated us unjustly.

And if you knew anything about me, you'd know that I am generally a very happy, cheerful, optimistic person. But once in a while, like 99% of humanity, I get worked up. And so instead of bottling it up, I vent it a little, which far healthier. 8)

Quote:
Most people play to have fun, but unfortunately the hyper-nerds are much more vocal, which makes it seem like there are more of them.

LOL!! "Hyper-nerds"...I like that. 8D
[+]
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-25 17:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you're a dork
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-08-25 17:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo and Ravenfornow are examples of this fact:
If you post anything.... ANYTHING, on the net you will have a 95% chance of being made fun of.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-25 17:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
this thread is stupid

you should be ashamed of yourself

Maybe. However, I'm not because this is a public forum, and I used it to vent a bit of my anger instead of bottling it up. But thanks for your opinion. 8)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-25 17:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
you're a dork

Yeah, probably. 8D
[+]
 Remora.Narrubia
Server: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-08-25 17:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there a thread up less than a month ago with someone ranting about people not wearing optimal gear?
[+]
 Phoenix.Bollo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-08-25 17:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing years of study on this exact matter, and re-studying to make sure I got the equation correct I have come up with the answer that...

theres lots of *** out there, just ignore em. i hope my research helps you overcome this silvaria, good luck on you adventures!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-25 17:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
How do you even go through life?
This is every day ***. Get over it. >.>;

Quite well, actually. People who behave poorly should be called out for it on occasion. There is nothing wrong with being momentarily upset about a person who was rather mean. 8)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-25 17:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to everyone who posted, I'm actually feeling better now for having vented. To those of you who can't understand this...I'm sorry, but some of us handle things differently than you. Doesn't make either of us wrong or right. 8)

Take care, everyone, and happy adventuring.
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-25 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

if you dont have a sonic belt +1, you are a god damn ***
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-25 17:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Wow... You're sad for getting so riled up about that. XD
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-25 17:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

People trip over what clothes other (random) people choose to wear IRL. A lot. It's the same ***.

I wear loafers and my homies have been making fun of me for years about it. I ignore it XD
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-25 17:18:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ahligieri said:
People trip over what clothes other (random) people choose to wear IRL. A lot. It's the same ***.

I wear loafers and my homies have been making fun of me for years about it. I ignore it XD

You even have the pennies in them? Same year as the year you got'em? Now that'd be the ***.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-08-25 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahligieri said:

But do your friends constantly tell you that if you wore different footwear there's a 23% chance that you could climb 3 more stairs per minute?
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-25 17:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah but there's a 100% chance they wouldn't make fun of me, and a better chance I'd wear shoes appropriate to my age lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-25 17:22:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Sketchkat said:
Ahligieri said:

But do your friends constantly tell you that if you wore different footwear there's a 23% chance that you could climb 3 more stairs per minute?

Don't get nerdy over this now >.> 3 more stairs isn't good enough to be godlike. Need Air Jordans +1 to get 10 more stairs per minute.
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-25 17:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sketchkat said:
Ahligieri said:

I lol'd.
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-25 17:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

final fantasy > irl

i wish i had movement speed shoes irl, it would make kiting a LOT easier
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta