Why Are People So Judgmental About Gear??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Why are people so judgmental about gear??
Why are people so judgmental about gear??
 Fairy.Vylandra
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-08-25 17:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold on...hold on. /criesaboutit. K
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-25 17:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Axle said:
Haseyo and Ravenfornow are examples of this fact:
If you post anything.... ANYTHING, on the net you will have a 95% chance of being made fun of.

its only if you post a "player warning" or a "QQ thread"
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-08-25 17:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Silvaria said:
What on earth makes people think they have the right to dictate what other people wear?

How do you even go through life?
This is every day ***. Get over it. >.>;

Agreed.

people are critized on the daily bases in real life to what clothing u wear, what food u eat,the actions that u do/take, even to the point in to how many hours u spend playing a game >.>;... call it human nature ever one has done it in real life, u see a person doing something and u just think "wow" or u say it out loud or u may even talk about that person to one of your friends behind there back.
now, there are people who critize others even in a virtal enviorment, why? same reason why they critize people in a real life enviorment, they want to prove how better or superier they may be over u or they may be pointing out that what u have on isnt good and want to make other laugh at you. (like if u see someone in the street today with 80's style clothing and hair-do/make-up and yyour with a group of friends chances are someone in that group is going to say something outloud to get everyone laughing) is it right? no, but it is again human nature.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Darknes
Server: Gilgamesh
user: darknes
By Gilgamesh.Darknes 2009-08-25 17:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

you must know that so call Hyper-Nerd laugh at ppl ingame cause of there gear that because that they know that if you see them IRL , you will laught at em from been "no-life mom leeching googled nerd stuck in a basement for 12 yrs without any hope of getting laid" if you excuse me the expression

in the end ... they are just looser
[+]
 Fairy.Vylandra
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-08-25 17:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had that much of a problem with it you could've just sent me a PM and we could've talked about it, but since you made a whole thread crying about it I honestly don't care.

If you go through life constantly whining every time someone says something that you don't like then you are doomed to failure.

Oh, and I did it because I was bored /shrug.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 17:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Silvaria said:

What on earth makes people think they have the right to dictate what other people wear? Anyone who has a clue, please fill me in, because I don't understand.

FO REALZ YO! I hate when I go to bars in a speedo and I get "Judgmental" looks like I shouldn't be living or breathing because I suck at life. So I can relate to you in that aspect.
On the other hand, Blue Mage should full time AF because it's amazing! You are my Goddess(Not quite sure on your sex but because of all your large words I'm assuming that you are female because you want to feel smart and that your life has some meaning other than reproducing) because you will not let people bring you down with they're negative comments!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Lilman
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2009-08-25 17:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So... you made a thread... Because someone questioned your gear...? So are you going to make another thread when you apply for an EG LS and they ask you about your gear?

I think that you're quite immature for getting so riled up over a game... so he comments on your gear? tbh lolvy doesn't have homam feet for his rather pimp drg. Is he going to now make a drama thread flaming me for making that comment? Most likely no.

But the thing of it is, if you are happy with your gear, then why worry what other people think?

My 2 cents.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-08-25 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guyz, I heard there was some QQ that needed my attention.
[+]
 Fairy.Vylandra
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-08-25 17:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg my feelings ; ;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Server: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-08-25 18:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I like being a nerd ; ;

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Lilman
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2009-08-25 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Vylandra said:
Omg my feelings ; ;

yaok... I sowwy :(

(but not rly)
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 18:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Avinne said:
I like being a nerd ; ;

Sup babe

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ataxia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ataxia
By Pandemonium.Ataxia 2009-08-25 18:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tails said:
If you TP in a Domaru, then you are stupid. That's all I have to say.

If you gauge someone's intelligence based on their arbitrary gear choices in an online game, you are foolish. That's all I have to say.
[+]
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 18:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ataxia said:
Tails said:

If you gauge someone's intelligence based on their arbitrary gear choices in an online game, you are foolish. That's all I have to say.

Seriously, Wivre Gorget > ALL
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-25 18:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I only like heckling friends about gear if I think they know it's mostly harmless. If you're going to do it at least be tactful, but yes, being a giant nerd about this game is fun. People even e-peen over Spellcast XML! (which can be fun!) lol
 Phoenix.Astronym
Server: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-25 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

humanity does not change just because the platform happens to be an online world. in fact, given the right conditions in an online environment, you will see the ugliest side of people.

in your lack of response to such things, people usually have no way to reproach you. just ignore it.

if it bothers you that much, just remember:

its only a game lol.
[+]
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 18:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Astronym said:
humanity does not change just because the platform happens to be an online world. in fact, given the right conditions in an online environment, you will see the ugliest side of people.

in your lack of response to such things, people usually have no way to reproach you. just ignore it.

if it bothers you that much, just remember:

its only a game lol.

Do you put your spandex leggings for dance class on one leg at a time or both while sitting down?
 Pandemonium.Ataxia
By Pandemonium.Ataxia 2009-08-25 18:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lobstermagnet said:
Ataxia said:
Tails said:

I would NEVER say Wivre Gorget is better than any other options which provide accuracy in the neck slot. Regardless, thank you for the substance free, ad hominem attack that serves only to illuminate my point

Rather than assuming I thought it was the best option, a more intelligent person might have said "Why are you wearing Wivre Gorget?" The answer would be I cannot afford a Peacock Charm and do not wish to buy Spectacles (I realize there are other better options as well).

Grow up and learn some debating skills before you actually try to argue with people, it's really pathetic. But hey, you've got some nice gear, go you?

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 18:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ataxia said:
Lobstermagnet said:
Ataxia said:
Tails said:

I would NEVER say Wivre Gorget is better than any other options which provide accuracy in the neck slot. Regardless, thank you for the substance free, ad hominem attack that serves only to illuminate my point

Rather than assuming I thought it was the best option, a more intelligent person might have said "Why are you wearing Wivre Gorget?" The answer would be I cannot afford a Peacock Charm and do not wish to buy Spectacles (I realize there are other better options as well).

Grow up and learn some debating skills before you actually try to argue with people, it's really pathetic. But hey, you've got some nice gear, go you?

Um this is a debate? I thought it was a flaming thread....gowai!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ataxia
By Pandemonium.Ataxia 2009-08-25 18:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Poroggo said:
GO ME!

ZOMG YOU DON'T HAVE A SUBJOB AT 62?! WHAT A NEWB!! HAHAHAHAHA.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-25 18:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I always get asked about my gear sometimes, usually I will either answer them with something along the lines of "It's all I can afford, if you wanna tell me what to get then I will more then appreciate it if you can give me the gil for it, otherwise just stop QQing over my gear idiot, it's a game"

Honestly I *** hate people that QQ over gear and try to act elitist.

Yeah, I don't have that 30m piece of armour, so what that you do? I'm probably just as good a player as you if not better >.>

People need to learn to just appreciate what they have and leave everyone else alone.
[+]
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 18:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Or to avoid posting in a public forum complaining
 Fenrir.Mahorosama
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mahorosama 2009-08-25 18:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

chirr out folks, im making some korean bbq tacos, come on over! someone make the brownies!
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-08-25 18:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having some Thai mmmmmmmmm