Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 153 154 155
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Siccmade 2018-07-01 12:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback Foxfire, luckily I have a ***ton of stones saved up. Here's hoping!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-02 11:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

With that GKT, I'd probably recommend getting ryuo sune-ate rather than flamma +2. That piece really synergizes well with the GKT.

If AF+2 hands are out of reach, I would strongly recommend getting kasuga haidate. That item gives you +2.5% Hasso, which imo more than makes up for the loss of accuracy in that slot. That hasso will allow you to cap delay reduction with proper buffs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-02 12:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Counter (gear and trait) caps at 80, but the question you should be asking is "does counter from all sources cap at 80%?" There are several "counter" categories in the game; Seigan Counter, Zanshin Counter, Third Eye Counter, normal Counter, and normal counter from gear. No indication that it is capped at 80, but if it is, wouldn't be surprised. The guide I posted gives at least an 80% counter rate even when Third eye drops, and well over 100% when it is active. I stick with Ichi until I finish my Doji shortly, but it gives a nice balance between tp gain and counter-striking.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-07-03 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
What would be the minimum augments required for Valorous head and feet to surpass Flamma +2? Chasing perfect augments is making me lose my *** mind.
Are we talking for TP? You'd be incredibly hard pressed to do so. For WS? I think at ~10STRWSD3 you'd be beating it? You could check with Austar's sim, if you'd like a more accurate comparison.

Yeah talking specifically for WS only.

I managed to get a Valorous Mask with WS Damage +5%, but the other augments are AGI+8, Acc+14, Attk +18. Even without managing to land STR on this, I'm guessing this still beats Flamma head +2?

Any links to Austar's sim please? Thanks!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-03 14:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sim Here

Can't add your own equipment at the moment, though. It was causing problems for everyone and I never bothered to make better files for it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-03 15:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At which point is STR better than WSD? I have valor hands with str11 wsd3 att28 acc1- vs regal captain gloves (40STR). Really the only redeeming part of the gloves are the STR. Basically 24 STR 11acc 38 att 3wsd vs 40str 45acc
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-03 16:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

they'll be about equal compared to better augments in the few situations i ran it in, so I'd probably just use regal

no real "point" where one is better than the other without looking at everything
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-03 16:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't notice a difference anyways, regal are better lockstyle. Will keep rolling but these will suffice for now

thanks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2018-07-04 19:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Dunno the truth behind this but it was brought to attention to me the other night. WSD% apparently caps at 40%? If that's the case it would be easy to hit that cap on Samurai.

JSE Cape 10%
Knobkierrie 6%
Wakdio Legs +3 10%
Kari 3%/4%
Sakonji Body +3 10%

and that would take away all the *** augment chasing on valor.

It doesn't cap, or we haven't reached the cap yet.
 Asura.Cloudblade
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-07-04 20:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick addition to the regal vs valor comment, regal's dexterity makes the 11 acc on val drop to around 6 and the str difference turns the 38 att into about 26 or so. Not much, but factoring dex>>acc and str>>att is good to remember.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 16:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't ever get that low that quickly I don't think. It still holds very high value as a 3-in-1 job piece for all 3 jobs. (See Moonlight cape price after ambu defensive aug came out). The augment system isn't out yet, and even when it is, the +2 pieces will probably be extremely expensive and worth millions, so this should still retain some value. It would probably be wise to wait for the mass-sale of everyone getting scared to lose value and capitalize on the supply, when that happens. atm on Asura, 17 Moonbeam Nodowa on AH, but 2 HQ. Probably can get away with using NQ for now (and grabbing one cheap) and then convert to HQ for when the price drops.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-06 16:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

at 14m a synth, your not going to see people using the shield enchantment on these synths(unless they wanna blow up about 300m in 30 minutes). These +2 will be rare and will be very expensive.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-06 16:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for a few (rdm and whm mostly), I don't see the NQs being desired for very long or for very much. I'm guessing that most people with a shield are going to use the enchantment for these necks.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-06 16:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Except for a few (rdm and whm mostly), I don't see the NQs being desired for very long or for very much. I'm guessing that most people with a shield are going to use the enchantment for these necks.
Just tried some, lost 120m(in 8 minutes), so a full 30 minutes would run about 320-400m in Mat loss, and didnt even get one to show for. Depends on someones bank roll but not sure well see people doing these with enchantment
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-06 17:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and without the enchantment you'd lose even more on average if no-one at all wants to buy all your NQs.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-06 17:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Just tried some, lost 120m(in 8 minutes), so a full 30 minutes would run about 320-400m in Mat loss, and didnt even get one to show for. Depends on someones bank roll but not sure well see people doing these with enchantment

For how much do you think these +2 necks would sell? for example the rdm or whm one.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-06 17:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and without the enchantment you'd lose even more on average if no-one at all wants to buy all your NQs.
I would disagree, I see NQs selling at 12-20m right now
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-06 17:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I see RDM and WHM NQs selling, but I haven't seen a single one of the others sell despite quite a few being on the auction house.

Most of the NQs and +1s are pretty crappy compared to other options, and even most of the +2s are only sidegrades or super niche at the moment.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-06 17:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I see RDM and WHM NQs selling, but I haven't seen a single one of the others sell despite quite a few being on the auction house.

Most of the NQs and +1s are pretty crappy compared to other options, and even most of the +2s are only sidegrades or super niche at the moment.

In RDM's case, the +2 neck is much better than the nq and if the augments on these necks are like the synergy legion items where the HQ tiers get better augs, these +2 items (outside the difficulty to make) are just big money items i think.
By Foxfire 2018-07-06 17:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

12~20m figures are just one-offs, i think
I'm sure the price will go down to 10m for very limited pieces (e.g. whm/rdm mostly)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 17:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the RDM and WHM ones will really get made/bought for the most part. (NQ is just as good as +1 and +2 for their purpose)

Until augments are known.

And you'll be lucky to see many/any +2 at all
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-06 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that the +2s will be rare, not alot of guys want to to risk 300m+ to make one or maybe even 2(still not guaranteed a +2 over a +1 with shield). But time will tell. I have been wrong before
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 18:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The +1 isn't good enough to even pretend to try for a +2... to be honest even the +2 isn't worth the try.

You'd have to be crazy to use the shield enchantment.

I'm always like "the cost isn't worth the value" but these, I don't think anyone could debate how much they would cost vs how much they should actually sell for.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-06 18:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The +1 isn't good enough to even pretend to try for a +2... to be honest even the +2 isn't worth the try.

You'd have to be crazy to use the shield enchantment.

I'm always like "the cost isn't worth the value" but these, I don't think anyone could debate how much they would cost vs how much they should actually sell for.

Well im just curious how much would you guys price these if you hypothetically get a +2, i know each set of mats is a hole to your pocket here in ragna and i bet is even higher there in asura.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 18:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
What's the approximate HQ2 rate for T1 synths, with and without shield? I'm trying to get an idea of how rare the +2 necks will be.

The conventionally accepted rate is, for a given HQ,

12/16 HQ1
3/16 HQ2
1/16 HQ3

(Has anyone confirmed the +1 is HQ1 and +2 is HQ2? It seems 'obvious' but there's nothing stopping SE from putting the +2 on HQ3 only, or something of the sort).

I haven't seen a good composite data set of T1 rates post update, and there's speculation number of subcrafts effects it, but I would bet it is in between 1/12 and 1/16.

That means you're looking at about 1/48 to 1/64 if the HQ2 and HQ3 both result in a +2.

Throw in that escutcheon owners can recover 4/5 of their mats, and you could expect cost to settle somewhere around 15x material cost, less if people undercut and gil can be recovered on +1s.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 18:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever they create impossible to make or obtain items like this I immediately lose interest and forget they exist for a good year. Not about to be spending rema money on a torque. Will wait for the alternate method for acquisition to come out in a year or so.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-06 18:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

These don't require shields (and you'd be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to use the enchantment) so, they're not entirely impossible to obtain.

Hell Frod made a moonbow whistle +1 like the first day they came out (or close to it)

It's highly worthwhile to try these first few days while tards are paying 10m for NQ

Some people just luck out... and someone is always willing to pay the idiot tax to be the first to own.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-06 18:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
What's the approximate HQ2 rate for T1 synths, with and without shield? I'm trying to get an idea of how rare the +2 necks will be.

The conventionally accepted rate is, for a given HQ,

12/16 HQ1
3/16 HQ2
1/16 HQ3

(Has anyone confirmed the +1 is HQ1 and +2 is HQ2? It seems 'obvious' but there's nothing stopping SE from putting the +2 on HQ3 only, or something of the sort).

I haven't seen a good composite data set of T1 rates post update, and there's speculation number of subcrafts effects it, but I would bet it is in between 1/12 and 1/16.

That means you're looking at about 1/48 to 1/64 if the HQ2 and HQ3 both result in a +2.

Throw in that escutcheon owners can recover 4/5 of their mats, and you could expect cost to settle somewhere around 15x material cost, less if people undercut and gil can be recovered on +1s.

There's any data that backups the 4/5 recovery on mats (or not usage for sort lol)? i've been noting down my mat loss rate since i got it and it hovers 60%, some days can be catastrophic with mats loss even if you always craft in new moon lol.

Anyway back to the question i did, im not sure many will risk using the enchantment right away (or at least the first days when u can break even/get money with nqs) but even then, its a risky deal.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 153 154 155