Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 153 154 155
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-06-16 22:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
so the +10% WSD is just useless to that piece?

Not at all. The question was about using the relic +3 body as a TP piece. It’s an incredible WS piece.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2018-06-17 03:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

for WS? Apate Ring or Ifrit +1 works well yeah.
There's also flamma ring, if you're sporting flamma+2 pieces in your WS.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-06-17 12:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Augmented with Adds "Enhances 'Overwhelm' effect"
Grants an additional 10 TP back per merit level for any Overwhelm-affected Weapon Skill.

What does this mean on Relic body+3? You get an extra 50TP return for every WS in the front?
it's 50 save tp, so unless your tp return is less than 50 with no other sources of save tp, it's pretty useless and only applies on a completely missed ws.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-17 13:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

that's not true though
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-06-17 16:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

could have swore early test showed it as save tp. what tp return do you get on a miss with it so I can update my sim appropriately?

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2018-06-17 17:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm pretty certain i've gotten 50 TP back when whiffing, at times.

guess i gotta pay attention next time.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-17 17:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested on Mamool Zenist only gave 3TP when miss, thats from Valo Head in Fudo set [Can safely assume it will always be used]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-06-17 17:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

that sounds more like valorous mask regain
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-17 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct, still will always be there until new WS head comes along.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-06-17 18:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that it is +10 TP per merit in Overwhelm.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-06-29 05:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the minimum augments required for Valorous head and feet to surpass Flamma +2? Chasing perfect augments is making me lose my *** mind.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2018-06-29 08:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updated gearsets?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-29 08:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Any updated gearsets?

Well, there is a mediocre guide here that you can follow then do your own thing:

SAM Guide
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-29 08:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
What would be the minimum augments required for Valorous head and feet to surpass Flamma +2? Chasing perfect augments is making me lose my *** mind.

If You don't have Flamma:

Its extremely hard to beat Flamma Head +2 on Valo (even with QA3 the margin was not minimal) youre better off using Ken, Relic +3, Empy +1, Ryuo Head.

Feet has more options, based on which GK you use..
Valo with STP 5 acc/attk 25 or same stats but with DA5
Ken feet if you have JP
Ryuo feet is great overall tbh.
By Taint 2018-06-29 10:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updated gearsets?

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Ejiin#item-sets
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2018-06-29 11:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey folks, after a couple years away I'm finally getting my sets beef'd back up since doing some new content.

Which Augs make the Valorous Mask BiS for WS? I'm at Att+23 WSD+4%

After looking at Ejiin's sets, I should be aiming for STR + WSD w/ the WSD presumably the main focus. Beyond that, which stones for the STR + WSD? I read and re-read the BGWiki Page on those Augs but... I'm okay with somebody just telling me which, since that Att + WSD was best I could get after tons of trades.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-29 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updated gearsets?

Well, I posted a SAM DT Counter set in another thread: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52458/seigan-zanshin-and-counter-stacking/

I;ve been testing it on and off with fodder and it seems remarkable for sheer single target damage mitigation. I don't know if Counter gear or stats has been tested vs NMs and if the stat is halved vs them, but when I get a chance tonight, I'm going to try to fight some Omen Bosses in this set and see how effective the counter rate is vs them.

Only problem Ive not been able to find a decent parse tool that can record counter rate, outside of using logger and cut/pase csv the counter/anticipate/hit data into excel. My goal is to find a few NMs that use Hundred Fists several times (and have good ACC) and attempt to capture the true counter rate on this, to see if it's practical for tanking. Most stuff SAM can tank pretty fine anyways.

ItemSet 359590
By Foxfire 2018-06-30 00:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

Well, there is a mediocre guide here that you can follow then do your own thing:

SAM Guide
[Mod Edit: I'm going to reinstate this post and simply note that the response to the quoted remark was negative. - AnnaMolly]

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Are we talking for TP? You'd be incredibly hard pressed to do so. For WS? I think at ~10STRWSD3 you'd be beating it? You could check with Austar's sim, if you'd like a more accurate comparison.

Sylph.Siccmade said: »
Hey folks, after a couple years away I'm finally getting my sets beef'd back up since doing some new content.

Which Augs make the Valorous Mask BiS for WS? I'm at Att+23 WSD+4%

After looking at Ejiin's sets, I should be aiming for STR + WSD w/ the WSD presumably the main focus. Beyond that, which stones for the STR + WSD? I read and re-read the BGWiki Page on those Augs but... I'm okay with somebody just telling me which, since that Att + WSD was best I could get after tons of trades.
The stone you use determines the caps for the augments.
With Fern stone, your best is STR+10 WSD+5%, with Taupe, it's STR+15 WSD+4%.

These are your "goals", so to speak, so the closer you get to them, the better. Attack is good to have because you won't always have full buffs (solo, second party, whatever), but when you start to hit harder content (e.g. omen bosses) it's crucial you also have accuracy augmented with your val pieces. Even with the +100(?) acc bonus on single-hit WS, you're not useful if you lack accuracy, and a lot of people seem to ignore that.

TL;DR
You're aiming for:
Fern: ACC/ATK+20(or more), STR+10, WSD+5%
Taupe: ACC/ATK+20 (or more), STR+15, WSD+4%

Stone depends on you. The last two stats at their respective caps have v. negligible differences.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-30 02:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No need to be hostile.
Especially when the guide link is right there, there is always room for improvement.
By Foxfire 2018-06-30 02:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling it 'mediocre' was highly unnecessary and feigning ignorance doesn't make the implied context any less rude.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-30 02:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guides have no feelings, they are opinions so it’s subject to criticism..
However, attacking “individuals” regardless of how valid their opinions are is "highly unnecessary" and only makes you look bad.
Also I got the impression that the guide isn’t complete? I just read few pages back and found out you’re in charge of it or something and it’s still in progress.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-30 04:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Any updated gearsets?

Well, I posted a SAM DT Counter set in another thread: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52458/seigan-zanshin-and-counter-stacking/

I;ve been testing it on and off with fodder and it seems remarkable for sheer single target damage mitigation. I don't know if Counter gear or stats has been tested vs NMs and if the stat is halved vs them, but when I get a chance tonight, I'm going to try to fight some Omen Bosses in this set and see how effective the counter rate is vs them.

Only problem Ive not been able to find a decent parse tool that can record counter rate, outside of using logger and cut/pase csv the counter/anticipate/hit data into excel. My goal is to find a few NMs that use Hundred Fists several times (and have good ACC) and attempt to capture the true counter rate on this, to see if it's practical for tanking. Most stuff SAM can tank pretty fine anyways.

ItemSet 359590

I think what you're proposing might be great in Dynamis Divergence Sandoria and any Monster that can HF.

Wonder if Koga will give more flexibility in your set, since its best to use that over Ichi? AM3 up will help maintaining your DPS while tanking.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a cap of 80%?
Can also get extra 8% counter by /MNK without losing Smite.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-06-30 11:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
No need to be hostile.
Especially when the guide link is right there, there is always room for improvement.
I'm not sure what you expected with that mediocre choice of words.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-30 12:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your feedback.
The feeling is mutual!
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-30 12:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 359779

So this is what I've got for a TP set atm, Acro legs have Acc/ATK+20 WS acc+18 and Mag. crit. hit dmg +4%(lol) and wondering where to go from here. I just bought a Smertrio's mantle and wondering if I should augment it, and what augs I should slap onto it, or work on getting a +2 piece (Flamme Head most likely atm?). I see a lot of STR/ACC/WSD but I'm unsure if my first cape should be a TP piece or WS piece, etc I do have other sets for more Acc and all but atm hardest content I've done is T2 in Ru'auns. Any advice on where I should focus? c:
By Foxfire 2018-06-30 13:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

From ambuscade, you're looking at flamma head/feet+2 and the ring, as well as hizamaru legs +2 (these are for ws, specifically).
For your ammo slot, hagneia stone is fine, but you could use a cibitshavore with sTP augment as filler until you start doing omen and obtain knobkierrie for WS. You can also get Ginsen for TP from high tier battlefields. For earrings, you can use brutal with cessance earring from high-tier battlefields. hands, you'll want the reforged AF+2/+3, but this is also omen.

Capes from ambuscade, you'll want a wsd cape first (Str+30,Acc/atk.+20,WSD10), and you can make TP capes later. A good filler TP cape could be the cape from reives with decent sTP and acc, iirc. I'll come back later with a better written post when I'm at the computer. Can also check my mediocre guide, or ejiin's sets, linked above.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-30 15:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
From ambuscade, you're looking at flamma head/feet+2 and the ring, as well as hizamaru legs +2 (these are for ws, specifically).
For your ammo slot, hagneia stone is fine, but you could use a cibitshavore with sTP augment as filler until you start doing omen and obtain knobkierrie for WS. You can also get Ginsen for TP from high tier battlefields. For earrings, you can use brutal with cessance earring from high-tier battlefields. hands, you'll want the reforged AF+2/+3, but this is also omen.

Capes from ambuscade, you'll want a wsd cape first (Str+30,Acc/atk.+20,WSD10), and you can make TP capes later. A good filler TP cape could be the cape from reives with decent sTP and acc, iirc. I'll come back later with a better written post when I'm at the computer. Can also check my mediocre guide, or ejiin's sets, linked above.

I checked your guide and was using it til this point, actually. :O An Ejin's gear is a bit out of my reach atm, and I've had bad luck on T1/T2 Ru'aun drops, and not exactly sure how far those can/will take me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 153 154 155