August 5, 2013 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-26 12:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure since they didn't bother actually mentioning AoE.
Not a nerf or anything at least. Just can't think of the last time I went /Nin to anything at all.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-07-26 12:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Say you're fighting Buhkis on NIN, and he Lethal Triclips you, instead of taking 3 shadows, it might take 2 or 1 (depending on item level). That is a huge plus right then and there
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-26 12:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing the title & date / time conversion to August 5th for now, I should of changed it earlier. POL messes up with dates consistently and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the 5th. I'll change it back if it's confirmed otherwise.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-07-26 12:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow a lot of awesome things coming out... I do hope that the simulacrum items don't share a slot with the capes, all I have is the damn PUP cape!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-07-26 12:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Relics, Mythics, Emps?...Come on SE....
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-07-26 12:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of people wondering if they'll ever update R/E/M, this looks like a great update overall. Am curious on what the stats on GEO/RUN AF will be and if they'll still at some point (albeit unlikely) there'll be Relic/Empyrean Armor for the 2 jobs
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-26 12:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

You really want them to update REM now so they will fall behind again when the second batch of Delve comes out?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-07-26 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

You really want them to update REM now so they will fall behind again when the second batch of Delve comes out?

k
By Chyula 2013-07-26 12:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

all I want from nin is Migawari however that spelled, to have Ni and San. Is that too much to ask now?, giving Nin extra shadows don't mean jack ***when mob love spaming aoe and one shot nin's tiny hp pool. Either way mnk and pld will always be the better choice of tank. another way to fix nin is giving it a massive boost in eva skill go at least 5-10 levels higher than current cap on A+ rank.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-07-26 13:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Is it just 1 guy on the dev team or something?

At SE:

The Dev Team: A guy named Devon
PR Department: Meet Pete Reynolds
CS: Carla Sanchez
STF: So That's Frank.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-26 13:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not start the R/M/E discussion please, find a different thread for it. SE has already made it clear that they will not update the weapons until after the major weapon updates. Leave it out of this thread, they'll be updated soon enough but now's not that time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-26 13:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
Say you're fighting Buhkis on NIN, and he Lethal Triclips you, instead of taking 3 shadows, it might take 2 or 1 (depending on item level). That is a huge plus right then and there

Unless they change their mind from the post before this one, it's not going to affect moves like Lethal Triclip at all, but attacks like Mow (so basically the same thing Ninjutsu skill+ did, I think it's too optimistic to think they'll do anything beyond that).

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
if they'll still at some point (albeit unlikely) there'll be Relic/Empyrean Armor for the 2 jobs

They said it's in planning, but they were pretty vague about it.

Chyula said: »
all I want from nin is Migawari however that spelled, to have Ni and San. Is that too much to ask now?, giving Nin extra shadows don't mean jack ***when mob love spaming aoe and one shot nin's tiny hp pool. Either way mnk and pld will always be the better choice of tank. another way to fix nin is giving it a massive boost in eva skill go at least 5-10 levels higher than current cap on A+ rank.

Migawari: Ni would help (As well as an increase in Migawari's duration). Shadows are actually never a concern anymore because if you're getting buffed Utsusemi's Timer is like...8 seconds or something ridiculous. The only thing that threatens NINs are massive AoE moves but unfortunately that's almost every freaking thing nowadays >_>

Also NIN has an A- in evasion. What would be nice is if NIN got a couple more traits that a bunch of other light-melee jobs got, like evasion bonus, crit attack bonus, or accuracy bonus. During the time of level cap raises when light jobs were getting all sorts of useful traits they decided to give NIN stupid ***like Skillchain Bonus and Burst Bonus.

Happy about the Abyssea changes, very sensible changes that trims some padding from the event (dumb drop rates, cruor farming, randomness of boots etc) but doesn't just give you everything.
By pchan 2013-07-26 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The update is empty.
Pankration II will last 1 day. The sequels are always worst.
Anything vaguely interesting got postposed (skirmish).
Still no SP.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-07-26 13:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Square.Enix said:
[NEW]: Additional items on Mog Storage slips: ...

Square.Enix said:
...Geomancer and Rune Fencer artifact equipment

Square.Enix said:
[NEW]: Add new examine message: A new message will be added for "incredibly easy" opponents.

Your mom's incredibly...ok, I'm sorry, I take that back. -_-;; Just disappointed is all. :p

Aside from the weapon adjustments, storage of capes and/or bayld gear and/or SOA weapons and items was the thing I was absolutely hoping for most in the next update. But otherwise, the postponed new Skirmish content seems exciting (those fences don't look like they will stop anything at all, but we'll see...) :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-26 13:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda sucks that Skirmish II was postponed given that that's really the only endgame event that was supposed to come in July and now it's been postponed twice.

Guess I'll run around as a bunny for 2 weeks or whatever.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-26 13:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
The update is empty.
Pankration II will last 1 day. The sequels are always worst.
Still no SP.
There's plenty to be happy for in this update.
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-26 13:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Mushroom hat! I'm excited....
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-26 13:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

07-26-2013 12:29 AM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Fujito: Mog Gardens August Update

Hello everyone!

I hope you've been enjoying your Mog Gardens so far. In this post, I want to talk about what we plan to implement in the August version update.

• Moogle Menu Updates

An item will be added to the Moogle menu which will provide more information about the "Twinkle Star." The stars are what the GPS crystal has been accumulating each new day you enter the Mog Garden, and they will be exchangeable for useful items and services.

Like what, specifically?

• Mog Teleport Service
      This will be a one-way teleport to your Mog House in San d'Oria, Bastok, or Windurst. Moogle magic will allow you to move through the hidden Moogle passages.

• Assistant Employment Extension
      In exchange for stars, you can higher an assistant for one week instead of paying 10,000 gil.

• Obtaining Fertilizers
      You will be able to obtain the fertilizers that you can also buy from coalitions for stars instead of Bayld.

• Gil Savings Box
      We have prepared a gil savings box by request. You can put gil into the box and see how much gil you've accumulated. You can put gil into savings either via a numeric input when speaking, or by trading directly. What will happen when you save up a lot of gil...?

• Crab Invitation
      You can increase the amount of friends on the beach.
    Additional content is scheduled to be added in future version updates.

• Addition of Ranks 4 and 5
    The rank limit on the collection points in the Garden will be raised to 5. The limits will be raised gradually from more articles which you'll be able to acquire.

• Support Item Availability
    This list is not complete, but we will be adding items that belong to th following categories. Additionally, some of these affect the entire party, but we haven't talked about special behavior.

• Fireworks
    • Food
    • Costumes
    • Movement speed items
    • Crystal Clusters
    The available items will be consumable or enchanted-type items.

• New Plants
    We will increase the amount of items that can be planted in the furrows. This time, we're looking into supporting roots-type items, so please try planting new things.

It feels like a lot of stuff! We're also adjusting items available from the moogle as well as employment extension of the assistant via items, and we hope you enjoy all of these new features on the day of the version update.

Also, just to touch on this, while we don't have an immediate response yet, we are still looking into various methods for increasing inventory capacity, so we'll follow up on that.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-26 13:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

More gambling...
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-07-26 14:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
All right the stat boosts will let the super casuals who plays 2 to 3 hours a day Like me a chance to beat the delve super bosses. :)

May I ask where did you read that?. Cause unless I misread something I see nothing about stat boosts :/

Or if someone else can show me where it is posted in there would be appreciated.
 Bismarck.Rentwokay
Server: Bismarck
user: Rentwokay
By Bismarck.Rentwokay 2013-07-26 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You can increase the amount of friends on the beach.
Best update ever.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-07-26 14:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117087-Translated-Gear-Take-these-for-granite

The stat boost can be found above.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-07-26 14:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

holy s??? o.o
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-26 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Whirlpool Mask
DEF:102 HP+38 MP+23
STR+24 DEX+20 VIT+22 AGI+20 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+19
Accuracy+25 Attack+25
Evasion+33 Magic Evasion+43 Magic Defense+2
Subtle Blow+4 Haste+7%

Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-07-26 15:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do they think Shortsighted Panopt is the reason people aren't doing yorcia reives lol...? I was just trioing colonization reives last night and they seemed perfectly harmless. I mean... you can sleep them. I don't get it.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-07-26 15:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easier to blame it on mobs that melee soloers are getting mauled by as a reason for why people are avoiding doing reives in Yorica instead of accepting people don't do much out there due to the completely worthless map and less than a handful of colonization reives to participate in. Do they even plan to fix that map, or do they honestly feel that it's good as is?

Interested to see what the Gil Saving Box does, once it hits.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-26 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They're fixing an issue with the map. Apparently, it isn't correctly showing your position on it at the moment.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-26 15:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Why do they think Shortsighted Panopt is the reason people aren't doing yorcia reives lol...? I was just trioing colonization reives last night and they seemed perfectly harmless. I mean... you can sleep them. I don't get it.

true sight mobs was giving many a bad day. That nasty sleep move was for the birds lol...
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-07-26 15:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Square.Enix said:
[NEW]: Additional items on Mog Storage slips:

Square.Enix said:
...Geomancer and Rune Fencer artifact equipment

Square.Enix said:
[NEW]: Add new examine message: A new message will be added for "incredibly easy" opponents.

Your mom's incredibly...ok, I'm sorry, I take that back. -_-;; Just disappointed is all. :p

Aside from the weapon adjustments, storage of capes and/or bayld gear and/or SOA weapons and items was the thing I was absolutely hoping for most in the next update. But otherwise, the postponed new Skirmish content seems exciting (those fences don't look like they will stop anything at all, but we'll see...) :p
[NEW]: Additional items on Mog Storage slips: Geomancer and Rune Fencer artifact equipment
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11