Subjob For RUN?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Subjob for RUN?
Subjob for RUN?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2013-03-28 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
itchi508 said: »
Off topic but are they allowing Run Geo to enter Absyea? Really hopeing not, we heard they wouldnt but was that true? Or are goin goin to see 99s already leaching like it has been the past year+

I've heard absolutely nothing of this sort. Any anyhow you could still do AFK leach book burns for the exact same result.

Seeing as I've already seen a level 70 RUN, I HIGHLY doubt SE restricted them from Abyssea.
/sigh

Nothing stopping you from wasting time leveling the "real" way.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-28 09:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about it being "the proper way" rather the fun of experiencing something bit by bit once again since it's completely new.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-28 09:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
There's a significant delay between taking it down and the cast time penalty going away. Enough of one so that you wouldn't save any time by doing this unless you were going to cast multiple spells before putting hasso or seigan back up. And the penalty is huge (50% increase in both cast and recast) so I could find that becoming incredibly annoying.

What do you want to cast on RUN that makes /sam annoying? Look at DRK, /sam is still a good subjob and their spells are a billion times better than the RUN crap spells.
Flash, stoneskin, phalanx, refresh, foil and those types of things? Drk doesn't cause cause it cuts in to their DPS. RUN may need to cast quite a bit more being a tank.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 09:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's not about it being "the proper way" rather the fun of experiencing something bit by bit once again since it's completely new.

That's easy. Unplug your PC and walk up to the nearest wall. Slam your head into that wall as hard as you can until you collapse. There you just got to relive the *experience* of leveling a job to 75 all over again.

Taking six months to a year ... HELL NO.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-28 09:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't take that long anymore, and I didn't say I'll do that up to 75. Either way there's nothing wrong about enjoying that feeling of something completely new.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 09:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
There's a significant delay between taking it down and the cast time penalty going away. Enough of one so that you wouldn't save any time by doing this unless you were going to cast multiple spells before putting hasso or seigan back up. And the penalty is huge (50% increase in both cast and recast) so I could find that becoming incredibly annoying.

What do you want to cast on RUN that makes /sam annoying? Look at DRK, /sam is still a good subjob and their spells are a billion times better than the RUN crap spells.
Flash, stoneskin, phalanx, refresh, foil and those types of things? Drk doesn't cause cause it cuts in to their DPS. RUN may need to cast quite a bit more being a tank.

You will not be casting Stoneskin in battle, not without shadows, otherwise your just asking to be interrupted over and over again. Refresh, Phalanx, Barspells all have long enough durations that you shouldn't be reapplying them but once every few miniutes. I'll assume foil is the same as phalanx and just reapply as needed. Flash is pretty much the only spell you need to worry about and after the start of the fight it's rather useless.

You *tank* the exact same way the other tanks do, by smacking the monster over and over again.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 09:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just spoted, 2 RUN 99's on Lakshmi.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2013-03-28 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I don't give a sh!t how other people want to level their jobs.
They are only ruining it for themselves, we will probably never get another expansion, and they will fly through the content and quit in 3 months anyway or those people don't matter to begin with.

I will casually level my new jobs and try to learn all I can before I am 99 with expectations of me to play the job that is new to everyone. That is my choice I don't care what you want to do. Clearly SE does not care about a "Proper" way of leveling and that to each their own.
Difference between the 2 is you know who put the work in and who didn't.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-03-28 09:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you still need 99 levels of slow mob killing to learn a job, you suck at FFXI.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-03-28 10:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not about how long it takes to learn a job its about the fun of acualy playing content and meeting people to progress As you experience it with others like it like it used to be, LV in challenging areas with risks of links/aggro wiping you party etc. unlocking a job in 1 min then leaching it in 1 day, Everyone wants things done in 1hour then complains theres nothing to do. nothing takes skill or time to achieve anymore what happen to acuall advance job quests? Was hoping they bring back old syle of the game somthing that doesnt revolve around abysea. To begin with they should have put LV caps on abysea but thats besides the point i was just hoping jobs would be played as there ment to be not just leached in abysea. Im sure people aggree and disagree for there reasons. Back to your thread about sub job: sorry for getting people off topic!
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-03-28 10:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't find "wow we handled a link on that pull!" to be the most fun experience in final fantasy.

For me, the game is about end game content. The most fun I ever have is pushing my jobs to the limit and completing the harder/fun challenges more effectively, while continuing to make gear progress.

Really, there is no reason for them to arbitrarily make leveling painful. If you want to level your jobs slowly, then so be it. But the rest of us want to enjoy the 95% of this game's content which exists solely at End Game.
[+]
By Tsol 2013-03-28 10:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, getting back to the topic of subs for RUN...

I'll admit that we'll probably see /WAR, /SAM or /DRK which is kind of to be expected because they are the tried and true subs for 2H jobs/Tanks but it would be interesting to see /THF with SA. I remember the days when DRK did this and they pulled massive amounts of hate. I would also be interested to see if Lunge stacks with SA as well.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-03-28 10:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsol said: »
I remember the days when DRK did this and they pulled massive amounts of hate.
This was also back before people knew the game mechanics, before parsers were widely used, etc.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 10:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And in response I kindly say F*CK THAT. I've leveled several jobs the "hard way" because back then there was no easy way. We killed crabs, dhamels, goblins or courls slowly to the tune of 5k/hr. You would spend hours with your flag up sitting in jeuno hoping that a party would take you instead of another one of the bazillion RNG's LFP. And god have mercy if you ended up in one of those parties that after two hours you had less XP then when you started when the group disbanded cause one guy had to leave.

Unlike many of you whiners I've leveled the really hard way and while it was "fun" for awhile, the novelty quickly wore off after the second trip up the ladder. You can only kill so many crabs, goblins, dhamels, coerls or beetles before it all kinda blurs together and becomes as much fun as watching paint dry.

Abyssea XP was the greatest thing that happened to this game. It allowed anyone to experience any and every job. More then anything else it opened the game up to all types of people.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-28 10:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit that we'll probably see /WAR, /SAM or /DRK which is kind of to be expected because they are the tried and true subs for 2H jobs/Tanks but it would be interesting to see /THF with SA. I remember the days when DRK did this and they pulled massive amounts of hate. I would also be interested to see if Lunge stacks with SA as well.

I doubt lunge will stack with SA. So far it seems to be a magic attack, even has resist states and use's MAB. It's a lot like quickdraw actually.

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I remember the days when DRK did this and they pulled massive amounts of hate.
This was also back before people knew the game mechanics, before parsers were widely used, etc.

I'll admit that I did it. Last Resort -> Soul Eater -> Sneak Attack -> Sturm Wind on a goblin in the jungle. What a glorious way to promptly die.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-28 10:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That was back when you could pull hate with boosted chi-blast. The mechanics have changed and most jobs ride the hate ceiling relatively quickly. Even after the "enmity adjustment" you would still have to lose hate to be able to sneak attack, as opposed to just doing steadily more damage instead of the once in a while epeen.

edit* holy ***beaten (i type slow)
Also SA only applies to the first hit and reso is 5 hits :x
By Tsol 2013-03-28 10:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, looks like I was getting all nostalgic there for a min when things were a lot different than they are now.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-28 12:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I would see run subbing war or drk over sam. The builds I've been tooling around with all day (since we found out what run could wear) is looking like 6 hit /war or /drk. You're going to need berserk or last resort to overcome the "still higher than drg" attack on run and this will avoid the problem of hasso/seigan entirely. This is what I've poked through so far and I'm tweaking it every few hours:

This landing 4/5 hits:

ItemSet 294207

will 6 hit(5 hits following 4/5 hit landing ws with above set) with this:

ItemSet 294352
That's about what I came up with. Only difference is RUN isn't actually on Rioter's. It is on Portus though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-28 14:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh.... I think i knew that and my brain came up with the wrong name. All my current jobs are mala/nefarious.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-28 15:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear ya. Me I'm rather satisfied. I was wondering how I was gonna make room to gear RUN. 2 of my 3 main jobs are drk and thf. Happy days, my RUN was geared before it existed :D
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-28 15:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

guessing the myrmex mitts in TP set are a mistake D:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-28 15:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
guessing the myrmex mitts in TP set are a mistake D:

Yes, I changed wrathwing and thaumas / twilight and goading and forgot that it put me under haste again lol
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 15:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
I hear ya. Me I'm rather satisfied. I was wondering how I was gonna make room to gear RUN. 2 of my 3 main jobs are drk and thf. Happy days, my RUN was geared before it existed :D
my feels exactly, though now im wondering how im gunna fit in MAB sets :|
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-28 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just need to decide if it's going to be Ig-alima spam or dyna-tav farming to finish off RUN gear.
 Bismarck.Boozerr
Server: Bismarck
user: Boozerr
By Bismarck.Boozerr 2013-03-28 15:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know.. i been at work all day, so Im just getting up to speed on this....but what about RUN as a subjob? I was kinda wondering about BLU/RUN.... any thoughts about that?
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 16:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Boozerr said: »
I don't know.. i been at work all day, so Im just getting up to speed on this....but what about RUN as a subjob? I was kinda wondering about BLU/RUN.... any thoughts about that?
Dont think itd work well. PLD/run is attractive to me atm for super resistance with fealty
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-03-28 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So much of it depends on whether Lunge is full-strength as a sub. BLU gets enough MAB to make some pretty crazy Lunges at 99.
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 16:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

So much of it depends on whether Lunge is full-strength as a sub. BLU gets enough MAB to make some pretty crazy Lunges at 99.
its going to be quite reduced cause the rune multiplier will be stuck at 2
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-03-28 16:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

521 x MAB with no merits/sword skill gear

:/
By Enuyasha 2013-03-28 16:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
521 x MAB with no merits/sword skill gear

:/
its heavily modified by weapon damage too :<