body is retroactive you can wear only on ws and get full benefit
[+]
 Bahamut.Skald
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-08-27 16:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Very much a casual monk not miffed with pushing to the vary last dps and have pared down sets accordingly. With that I really like Bhikku crown as it solves any haste issues and brings you to 74% SB without auspice should you find yourself in that situation, DT also not being a problem in and out of Impetus.

This two are plenty well rounded enough for me.

ItemSet 392753

ItemSet 392752
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-27 16:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Seriously? Is this true? o_o
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-27 16:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's true but why would you ever use it in that way

Unless you're absolutely gonna die by not having a turtle set on
[+]
By Nariont 2023-08-27 17:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
In general, I do not priority white damage on most my jobs. Its all about weaponskill damage. IN the past I know this wasn't quite true for Monk, but I don't know the ratio, so I don't know which is more valuable, but I suspect its weaponskill damage.

mnk indeed is skewed more to ws like every other job, but its still in the nin/thf department of having a longer tp phase than most of the other jobs due to tp/hit on fists, and the desire on some WS to save TP til you hit the 2000~2250 eff TP range. What that split looks like nowadys im not sure but unlike the other 2 jobs(namely thf and its ta dmg gear) the things given up for mnk white dmg are pretty negligible for what boosts they provide sucgh as +1~50 crit dmg and 2~100 acc and +10 KA rate, though as you say with FW you're overcapped, and +120 base dmg on basically your 3rd fist that's already getting something like +40~ dmg from neck/cape

EDIT: got my TP ranges wrong
By Seun 2023-08-27 17:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Seriously? Is this true? o_o

Yes. Impetus keeps your stack total. Wearing the body adds the 2acc and 1 crit damage per stack to any attacks you make.

Most of the time people are over-buffed, but there is a case to be made for a separate impetus gear set with higher accuracy to ensure that you're building up stacks. After your stacks are up you've got that additional 100 acc to rely on so you could back off the accuracy for more damage.
By SimonSes 2023-08-28 14:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
In general, I do not priority white damage on most my jobs. Its all about weaponskill damage. IN the past I know this wasn't quite true for Monk, but I don't know the ratio, so I don't know which is more valuable, but I suspect its weaponskill damage.

yes, the Kick attack +120 will increase the white damage.. but is that really significant enough? I rather think that faster tp and more tp for the weaponskill is going to matter more. so the factors I'm looking at in the feet are the kick attack +10%, haste 4% and accuracy +46.

I would LIKE to use different feet for tp, because kick attack rate is already near cap (overcapped if footwork active) and the returns on 10% kick attack rate are pretty low compared to the multihit and store tp on the other options i've mentioned.

HOWEVER, I drop from haste cap if I do this. ;.;

Bhikku body provides so much boost to white damage, that it's bis DPS option in most cases. The only situations where you would drop it, would be for greater survivability (but its better to make a trade for that somewhere else still) or for WS frequency if you do 3-4step light for example and you are missing samurai roll.

AF+3 feet aren't silly for DPS. Again they provide high enough white damage boost alongside of good 10%KA rate, that they usually lead for DPS in many setups.

That being said I wouldn't use it, unless for fun. Dropping meva on so many gear on MNK is imo a terrible idea. Tatenashi are imo a bad idea too. They provide very low gain and are a giant drop in meva.

There is also another factor for Veret. With +3 bhikku body, you cap delay with only 24% haste in gear (with capped magic haste).
Personally for feet, hands and head I would use mix of Kendatsuba+1 and Malignance. For example Kenda head/feet and Malignance hands. It keeps your meva at a good level, caps SBI without Auspice and provides good mix of TA/sTP. From DPS point of view it's still one of the best option too. It's a win win for me.

Hybrid would be Bhikku+3 head and Malignance feet and hands.
[+]
By Heghmoh 2023-09-21 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked up my first +2 sortie earring last night . Shockingly (and face value disappointingly) for my main job: MNK.

Seeing as I generally full time sherida/schere, is there any use for this aside from town-idle and a meme counter build with spharai?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-21 12:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Staff/Club Accuracy

Super high acc option only really
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-21 12:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your roll, it could have less accuracy for staff/club than Dominance Earring+1.

I think 8 STP on a max roll is competitive with Sherida, if you don't mind losing SB II. Might be a good idea to run it through the simulator to see if it does better.

15 STR/15 DEX could possibly be competitive for Dragon Kick/Raging?

With a min-mid roll, I'd say it's pretty much max accuracy or counter builds.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-09-21 12:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Random thought, is dropping as much haste as possible and going 100% counter an option to tanking Albumen? Theoretically seems like that would kick his stupid pink ***.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-21 12:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you going to hold hate as a MNK who isn't punching anything? Is there anyone else in the alliance taking actions on him?
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-09-21 12:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say no right? From my experience usually only 1 person sits on Albumen, but I've only fought him a few times. Maybe a low-man option, though I'm not totally sure how the adds works. Maybe you have a bard prepared to die on the lullaby.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-21 12:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Counter caps at 80, and is effectively a bit lower due to acc check.

Nothing stopping you from countertanking. It's not especially great but for a giggle. Really don't even have to sacrifice much to get there either.
By Heghmoh 2023-09-21 14:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

mid roll for sure.

STR/DEX 9
Acc 17
STP 6

Bhikku vs Sherida I would basically be trading:
STR/DEX +4
STP +1
Accuracy +17
Hand-to-Hand Skill +12
Double Attack -5%
Subtle Blow II -5
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-09-21 16:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
There is also another factor for Veret. With +3 bhikku body, you cap delay with only 24% haste in gear (with capped magic haste).
Personally for feet, hands and head I would use mix of Kendatsuba+1 and Malignance. For example Kenda head/feet and Malignance hands. It keeps your meva at a good level, caps SBI without Auspice and provides good mix of TA/sTP. From DPS point of view it's still one of the best option too. It's a win win for me.

Hybrid would be Bhikku+3 head and Malignance feet and hands.

I'll follow up on that several week old post to also note that for Verethragna in particular, I'm pretty fond of the combo of TA and strong Crit rate on both Kendatsuba +1 and Mpaca gear. Those Impetus-enhanced Empy AM crit procs are very, very good...

They're both also solid for certain defensive purposes. Ken+1 with good Meva (but low physical damage mitigation) so I'll use that in settings where the threat is primarily magic damage/enfeebles. Mpaca with worse Meva, but PDT- means I'm pretty comfortable with that in settings facing mostly physical damage. And if I want to pull out a more full coverage hybrid/defensive set, I'll swap into Malignance stuff.

Always lock that Empy body though unless it's absolutely necessary to use Malignance for defense, it's too good not to.
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-09-27 17:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok odd question. I have been searching for a newer lua just to update as mine is from like a long while back but my question is this.

I've seen a lot of newer luas but none have a AM set for VS. It can't be the same as a normal tp set can it?

If so does anyone have a lua with am sets in it? I found a good one i thought it had multiple weapons with toggles but that was just for weapons the tp sets are the same in this one for all weapons.

Thanks all
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-27 17:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no AM sets for MNK in general.
 Asura.Sonsuken
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-09-27 17:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh so undervalued
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-27 17:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sonsuken said: »
I've seen a lot of newer luas but none have a AM set for VS.
An AfterMath set for Victory Smite? Wut?

What are you trying to pull off here exactly lol?
By Nariont 2023-09-27 17:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

h2h AMs are pretty lackluster compared to other weapon types(only procs once, on the off-fist) if you mean an empy AM set
 Asura.Sonsuken
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-09-27 17:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

why is it so hard to imagine? Maybe stack a multihit set even on mythic.. IDK I'm just thinking out loud on how this neglected favorite job of mine can be brought back to life.
 Asura.Sonsuken
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-09-27 18:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing Kei today and I was saddened to see mnk fall so low. True the 4 step dmg was ok but I've seen like every other job totally destroy mnk on damage. I want to believe there is something more for it. We used to be a power house now we a crack house.

Sad mnk is sad

I was going to make mythic h2h then I saw one in use and I was even saddened more. Are we missing something or has it fallen so low?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-09-27 23:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

that sounds like a you issue
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-28 04:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing Kei today and I was saddened to see mnk fall so low.

Kei is absolutely the worst target to compare dps-peen on, its gimmick means that 50% of the time you deal completely shitty damage on it - shield only goes down after an SC happens, then you have like a 5 second window to do some serious damage and not all jobs can fit two more WS in there. MNK's best dps happens if you ride white damage and ws at 2000 TP, and you can't do that on Kei.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-09-28 05:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to make mythic h2h then I saw one in use and I was even saddened more. Are we missing something or has it fallen so low?

It's not terrible but theres other easier to acquire weapons that are comparable/better and the ws tied to it is just off-brand VS with an atk boost, you could mostly mirror a thfs, (or nins since more gear overlap) mythic AM set build wise if you wanted to build around it but glanz simply isnt something many mnks build for
First Page 2 3 ... 362 363 364 365