Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-08 10:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I feel most Aeonics ended up getting the short end of the stick with the exception of Lionheart, Chango, Trishula, Heishi and Fomalhaut.
Correction you forgot to add Dojiki, that GK ie pretty amazing too.

Masamune would like to have a word with you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-08 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »

Masa isn't a ton better than Doji. Per snaps' testimony in cor thread, it may even be worse.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-08 10:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure all the r15s are close but Masamune is BiS just like the aeonic list.

70str, AM and Fudo +10% is too much to overcome on SAM. Even Snaps scenario doesn’t make sense since during a Zerg you’ll have warcry which helps Masamune more than Dojiki.

The SIM was mentioned as well being in Masamunes favor but i haven’t seen any R15 SIMs. And masa gets a lot more at r15 than Dojiki.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-08 11:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

70str, AM and Fudo +10% is too much to overcome on SAM. Even Snaps scenario doesn’t make sense since during a Zerg you’ll have warcry which helps Masamune more than Dojiki.

The SIM was mentioned as well being in Masamunes favor but i haven’t seen any R15 SIMs. And masa gets a lot more at r15 than Dojiki.

Dojiki makes Tachi: Jinpu worthy and also STP+ (making a 6 STEP Dojiki beats Masa any day buddy)

Masa will out DD Dojiki on WS tho, I will give you that for Fudo, however, I Still like the Ability to make Radiance (Dmg over time, rather than 1 hit BOOM) (Even tho I still can pull pretty Strong WS with my Dojiki)

So you gotta think of End Game situations where you MUST do MB (Dojiki would be BIS due to Radiance) Where Masa be BIS for Zerg.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-08 11:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dojiki makes Tachi: Jinpu worthy and also STP+ (making a 6 STEP Dojiki beats Masa any day buddy)

Masa will out DD Dojiki on WS tho, I will give you that for Fudo, however, I Still like the Ability to make Radiance (Dmg over time, rather than 1 hit BOOM) (Even tho I still can pull pretty Strong WS with my Dojiki)

So you gotta think of End Game situations where you MUST do MB (Dojiki would be BIS due to Radiance) Where Masa be BIS for Zerg.

I wasn’t aware you couldn’t multi step with Masa....
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-08 11:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The comment was mentioning good aeonics, for a weapon that takes like 12hrs and no gil instead of 40 hours and 150m, it certainly isn't bad.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-08 11:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That was prior to the augments. I think that Masamune probably legit shits on Doji now since that 10% Fudo boost + additional STR negates anything the TP Bonus has to offer. Doji still has its uses w/ multistepping Radiance though.

Also AM3 is almost irrelevant tbh. SAM is like a 15/85 white damage/WS damage split and you're locked up in WSing most of the time anyway lol
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-08 12:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That was prior to the augments. I think that Masamune probably legit shits on Doji now since that 10% Fudo boost + additional STR negates anything the TP Bonus has to offer. Doji still has its uses w/ multistepping Radiance though.

Also AM3 is almost irrelevant tbh. SAM is like a 15/85 white damage/WS damage split and you're locked up in WSing most of the time anyway lol

AM3 is just another nod at Masamune. Extremely easy to maintain at AM3 lvls and averages out to ~2600 damage per round. Even on SAM that damage adds up fast.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-08 12:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

am3 is definitely not irrelevant.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-08 12:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why he said almost. Key word.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-08 12:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not even almost irrelevant. without it, it's not even a consideration of a weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-12-08 12:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do appreciate how this is happening in the monk thread.

Found the guy without masa. It's done buddy, outside of some lowman lulz.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-08 12:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hows about mnk things in the mnk thread kthx
[+]
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2018-12-08 13:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Hows about mnk things in the mnk thread kthx

This
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-08 13:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm making verethragna, someone sell me chloris buds and ulhuadashi fangs on asura so i don't commit go die
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-08 14:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally agree about Masamune, but please drop this silly statement that you will have warcry for zergs. WAR is not a buff job and assuming it's there and in your party for each zerg is just silly (speaking more in general, not about your personal situation). Dont try to point out that in optimal zerg War is always there too, because in optimal zerg you would have 2-3 Wars and no SAM to benefit from their buffs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-08 14:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel most Aeonics ended up getting the short end of the stick with the exception of Lionheart, Chango, Trishula, Heishi and Fomalhaut.

I seem to recall they're pretty close, with Masa being better.

Actually Dojikiri is above Masa for situations where SAM is the only DPS and he's multistepping SCs. I seem to recall someone posting tests about that, at least?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-08 14:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm making verethragna, someone sell me chloris buds and ulhuadashi fangs on asura so i don't commit go die
I thought you had AG Verethragna from the old days, like Pchan O_O
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-12-08 14:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume the banhammer taketh that away.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-08 15:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

41/50 buds so far in my off time. Pretty annoying but will get it done in time. Took a couple weeks to farm that up cuz of how boring it is
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-08 15:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought you had AG Verethragna from the old days, like Pchan O_O

I haven't had Ramzus for over three years lol. I'm Yourfinished on Asura
By SimonSes 2018-12-08 15:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to MNK. the following is my own calculations using bis sets (mostly the ones from guide, but sometimes with one different piece or just slightly updated) for R15 h2h REA (mythic is meh imo). No DM augments, but perfect fern.

All for capped attack, but fSTR favoring Verethragna (28 fSTR for Veret and 10 for Godhands and Spharai for white damage and 28 fSTR for Veret, 20 for Godhands and 10 for spharai on WS)

White damage:
  • Spharai with this set ItemSet 360652:
    2769 DPS

• Godhands with same set, but Kendetsuba HQ legs and Herc feet with 4%TA: 2563 DPS

• Veret with same set as Godhands(normal/am1/am2/am3): 2616/3001/3130/3258

Average WS damage:
  • Final Heaven: 22791

• Raging Fists with Godhands(1000/2000/3000 TP): 20561/33680/37116

• Vsmite with Veret (1000/2000/3000 TP): 20145/21795/23445

TP per sec:
  • Spharai: 181

• Veret: 185

• Godhands: 198

So based on this, Spharai should be almost on par with Veret (tho Impetus and Focus will slightly favors Veret, but it's lower boost than you expect, unless they change acc cap on both fists to 99%). Both those weapons should easily pull ahead over Godhands if you solo and self SC plays a role (both VS>VS and FH>FH are light). Godhands will win in group fight with high TP overflow and possible TP bonus buffs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-08 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you using to calculate DPS?
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2018-12-08 20:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone post their mnk lua
By Afania 2018-12-08 20:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Masa isn't a ton better than Doji. Per snaps' testimony in cor thread, it may even be worse.

Nothing personal, I'm personally not convinced with that testimonial unless tp/ws set for both are posted.

I seem to recall they're pretty close, with Masa being better.

I believe this is the discussion that Austar made an argument that tp overflow from zanshin gears caused masa pull ahead:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41903/bushido-the-way-of-the-samurai-a-guide-v-20/79/
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-09 02:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you using to calculate DPS?

Math? :)

Google sheets and calculator :)

Its teally easy to calculate white damage dps, ws damage and tp per second of you have variables. Now taking those 3 and adding buffs effects in time to make full dps sim would be more difficult or rather more work.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-12-10 00:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

is the consensus still godhands>Vere>SU5>Spharai>Mythic?
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-10 02:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

On the note of Su5, did anyone ever figure out if the double damage augment works differently to Vere's AM?

I assumed the Sagitta would only proc on the first fist but it turns out it can proc on the second as well.

By SimonSes 2018-12-10 03:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt that's a proc on kick. Crit Kick under Footwork would easily do way above 1k damage if you hit for 900 with punches, so proc on kick would end up doing like 2500, not 1693. Its actually normal crit kick with Footwork. The reason why damage jumped even higher than expected just by looking at punch damage is because you are not attack capped with punches, so attack bonus to kicks under Footwork made some significant difference too.

As for damage procing on different hit.. hmmm... Looks like it can proc on any attack with main hand weapon, but it's limited to procing only once per attack round? So it would be a little better than empy and relic mechanic, because more chances to proc, but still limited to one proc per round.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 227 228 229 ... 363 364 365