Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227 228 ... 363 364 365
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2018-12-06 17:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Consider yourself lucky thats all you're confused about. These guides are not exactly user friendly sometimes...

You will get a lot of conflicting information.

Godhands are what you want. Raging Fists are generally what you want to use (sometimes howling fist)

Talk of Spharai, kicks, Vsmite, Tornadokick, why this, why that, is all situational use.

It's funny that essentially kicks and daken are the same thing, but kicks are bad but daken is amazeballs.

Ty. Asuran Fists is dead in the water isn't it? I was never a monk back in the day, but i loved it whenever i saw someone bust out Asuran Fists on a mob
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-06 17:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It has uses, but it doesn't scale with TP so it's pretty dead yeah.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-12-06 20:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They're not awful, though I would look into Jolt Counters.

Only issue with Jolt Counters is that I don't have but about 30 JP spent so far, so even if I got them I couldn't use them yet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-06 20:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely not dead as a WS, especially at R15. But with JA usage, you're going to be using Kick WS (1min) and Smite for 4 if you stagger JA properly. Since it doesn't scale, it makes it an ideal WS to use at 1k TP, and it activates a great bonus to kicks. They have a great amount of counter and attack, which may/may not be useful, but the ws is pretty solid. My Spharai is R10 and it's able to pump out 18k~30k with trust buffs on Apex Fodder. Haven't tested it on anything worthwhile since not much Monk invites, but it's definitely not dead.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-06 20:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jugsofholyness said: »
Asked about Asuran Fists
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not talking about Asuran Fists
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-06 20:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

haha you can tell the preworkout hasnt wore off. I read that as Final Heaven, no idea how I messed that one up.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-07 09:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gentlemen!

MNK TP JSE cape:

+20 Dex

+20 Acc and Att

+10 Counter

Store TP or Double att?

+10 Dex or +10 acc?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I've just been out of the game for 5-6 years, and not 100% confident in my judgement yet.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-12-07 09:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Gentlemen!

MNK TP JSE cape:

+20 Dex

+20 Acc and Att

+10 Counter

Store TP or Double att?

+10 Dex or +10 acc?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I've just been out of the game for 5-6 years, and not 100% confident in my judgement yet.

DA + Acc+10. Store TP probably wins for certain builds but DA will win most of the time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-07 09:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"It Depends". I use: DEX+30, acc/att+20, counter+10, da+10, but I have my builds centered around extra hit damage (kicks, counters), and I use my monk mostly for lowman stuff. Since I use my TP Cape as a Shijin Spiral cape (no sense in making two for a crap ws), it made sense to stick DA on it instead of STP, but either works and is close. I put DEX+10 from the DYE on my cape for this reason. Depending on your play style and what you use MNK for, counter may be entirely useless, especially if you're not ever taking hate. So that's worth considering.

FWIW They are changing H2H damage/Accuracy calculation supposedly, so there's a chance that Monk may not have the significant Acc issues it does right now from not having the sub slot filled with something. That change may make it so that you don't totally "need" a full dex/acc cape. So you can wait a few days and see, but I think any combination of the above augments are entirely ok, and I have read/seen different people's TP cape being slightly different, but nothing showing one in favor of the other.

DA "can" proc, STP always works. Something to consider if you're trying to make a decision. (STP cape might win with a build like Ashera, Samnuha Tights, Godhands, idk yet)
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-07 09:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

STP and DA are generally already pretty close in stats, and MNK can get high amounts of TA (>30) in their TP build which diminishes the effects of DA. You're probably only getting 6 or 7 DA out of a 10 DA cape. I think it can go either way but I personally went with STP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-07 10:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I finish Godhands, I'm looking forward to this kind of build. Cape with STP. Bhikku Legs will obviously be improved when it becomes +3, but it still is a good TP piece/KA increase here. Samnuha is probably better but this gives some multi-purpose as well.

ItemSet 363584
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-07 11:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all.

as for the final heaven cape, whenever I get to build it...

+30 Vit or +30 str for the extra attack? then it could double as a VS cape...

idk
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-07 11:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

STR doesn't modify FH so that's not even a question. Also, you'd be putting WSD+10% on a FH cape, but you'd be using DA+10 or Crit+10 I imagine for VS? The two are not the same.

Make a VIT+30 cape for Howling Fist/Final Heaven/Ascetic's Fury and you can use it for Chakras as well (3/4 in one cape). And make another STR cape for your other WS (Raging, Victory).
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-07 11:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

right on, thanks again.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-07 11:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
STR doesn't modify FH so that's not even a question. Also, you'd be putting WSD+10% on a FH cape, but you'd be using DA+10 or Crit+10 I imagine for VS? The two are not the same.

Make a VIT+30 cape for Howling Fist/Final Heaven/Ascetic's Fury and you can use it for Chakras as well (3/4 in one cape). And make another STR cape for your other WS (Raging, Victory).

Wait a minute so you saying make 2 mantles?

STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Crit hit rate+10% (Victory/Raging)

VIT+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Double ATK+10% (TP/Other uses) ?

is that correct or did I miss-understood ya?

I made my mantle : STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 DA+10% (as my 1st one)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-07 11:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you use a crit mantle for raging fists?

The best approach is something like:

30 STR/20 AccAtk/10 Crit (Smite/Ascetic)
30 STR/20 AccAtk/10 WSD (everything else)

You can make one like the 2nd mantle but with VIT for Final Heaven, depending on your inventory constraints and how much you really care. Even if STR isn't a mod for the WS it still affects fSTR so you do get some mileage out of it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-07 12:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
You can make one like the 2nd mantle but with VIT for Final Heaven, depending on your inventory constraints and how much you really care. Even if STR isn't a mod for the WS it still affects fSTR so you do get some mileage out of it.

I agree with this, and i understand STR on a VIT ws still gets use; as stated in my explanation above, I just simplify and use mine as a multi-purpose piece: Chakra/FH/HF or TK or whatever so I'm not making 3-4 different capes for marginal improvements. It's just my way of clumping all of them together without being exceptional in any one area. It really all depends on how much you like monk, but all of the WS are kind of meh anyways. I only use 3 (FH, TK, Smite), and most Monks can cut it down to just TK/Smite if they stagger JAs properly. So You can get away with making 3 monk capes and be completely done with it if you clump them all together.

-I never said use Crit for Raging Fists (kuro)
-VIT on TP, I never said this either (kuro)

There were discussions a few dozen pages back about what was better for smite: WSD, Crit, or DA. It flip flopped for a little with the WSD bug but I didn't see anything that showed DA > Crit. All of this is really close. I don't bother user Ascetic's Fury either.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-07 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I think difference between Crit/DA/WSD is going to be marginal on all of the useful WS just because none of them have fTP transfer, so all of your fTP is going to be on the first hit.

Sort of on the topic of weapons, but after the Dynamis - Divergence augments came out, I can't see any other weapon touching Verethragna. VS damage +10% in addition to 20 STR/DEX seems like a pretty big buff, enough to rule out Godhands + Raging Fists.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-07 12:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When h2h floor is bumped to 99%(making impetus incredible) and they "adjust" damage. Probably.
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2018-12-07 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Godhands and Raging Fists, is JSE +2 neck what I want for TP AND WS?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-07 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of on the topic of weapons, but after the Dynamis - Divergence augments came out, I can't see any other weapon touching Verethragna. VS damage +10% in addition to 20 STR/DEX seems like a pretty big buff

Reason I'm making this weapon next. I'm not seeing anyone with Verethragna R15 talking about the damage potential, so I'm interested in seeing how it performs on "content"
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-07 18:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the same, ramzus. Yet somehow everybody keeps talking about godhands.
I'm puzzled!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-07 18:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"everyone" talks about Godhands because they're free and they all gave up on vere years ago.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-07 18:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh me too, my vere gonna stay 90 forever. But still, the Aug version is hot!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-07 18:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I was thinking the same, ramzus. Yet somehow everybody keeps talking about godhands.
I'm puzzled!

I was in the Godhands camp prior to the update because I think the gap was significantly smaller. I personally wasn't sure whether Vere actually outperformed Godhands since the TP Bonus is pretty nice for raging fists. The amount of work required to make Verethragna is probably among one of the highest out of any of the game since the Abyssea NMs are all complete garbage that it legitimately wasn't worth the minimal DPS increase over Godhands. The augments update of course changed this. I feel most Aeonics ended up getting the short end of the stick with the exception of Lionheart, Chango, Trishula, Heishi and Fomalhaut.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-08 07:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wish to pay gil sure, I could send you to a number of people selling wins.
If you wanna join for free, on MNK, uuh... can't think of anyone, altough there might be someone of course!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-08 08:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Midboss I'm sure you could find a plethora of PUG groups shouting. I see Shouts pretty often and even a modest PUG group can afford to get to the wave1 Midboss :D
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-08 09:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I feel most Aeonics ended up getting the short end of the stick with the exception of Lionheart, Chango, Trishula, Heishi and Fomalhaut.
Correction you forgot to add Dojiki, that GK ie pretty amazing too.
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227 228 ... 363 364 365