iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-03 20:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, but you've got to get to the point where you can wear them first.

Su2
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2018-12-03 20:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, totally missed that since I already had 250 JPs on my MNK when I came back to the game myself
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-03 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

True but if we're reading entry level I assume like... no points to be able to equip Su2.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-03 21:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rock those Chastisers. Because anything you use at that point matters not, but 300 TP bonus looks cool.

Denouments are probably BIS for reis fodder, colossal blow looks cool and everything would die to one ws regardless. A long term H2h might be Condemners, but why dump money into a subpar weapon like that when REMA is what you may be aiming towards. If you're not a serious monk, Chastisers is a one-size-fits-all H2h I'd go with, but Rua suggests Denouments in his guide. Either one is fine, just feels like a waste of money on Condemners IMO.

edit: Colossal Blow not being able to proc on anything that matters...blows.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-03 22:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it'd be broken as *** if you could just roll up to a 145 NM and be like *dead*

It works on what it should be used for (except acucex, maybe elementals? I never tried an elemental)
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-04 07:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Thank you for your Video (That has made me hop on MNK once again after many years of neglecting it (due to the nerf on DMG).

I re-done my GS and now MNK is actually doing Descent DMG !!!!

Thanks, man!!!!

Here is a follow-up question:

What should I be aiming at as far as H2H Weapon? (Not REMA)

I might do Godshands next instead of Katana, but till then, what should I aim for?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-04 08:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk has not changed one bit in the past two years. The damage hasn't changed. The gear hasn't changed.

Denouement colossal blow isn't a throat stab move. That's not how it works... A 145 NM would survive that anyways and at a 1% rate and at the cost of low weapon skill damage it's not really that big of a buff. It's the rare chance at a pdif capped attack, which is about a little weaker than a weapon skill. Not as ground breaking as people make it out to be.

Those are the h2h to bridge the rema gap in the meantime though
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-04 09:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Monk has not changed one bit in the past two years. The damage hasn't changed. The gear hasn't changed.

Denouement colossal blow isn't a throat stab move. That's not how it works... A 145 NM would survive that anyways and at a 1% rate and at the cost of low weapon skill damage it's not really that big of a buff. It's the rare chance at a pdif capped attack, which is about a little weaker than a weapon skill. Not as ground breaking as people make it out to be.

Those are the h2h to bridge the rema gap in the meantime though

I Disagree on the fact that mnk hasn't changed, it did.

2 years ago Boost was different , so was Focus and Dodge.

Boost back then would add dmg to next hit (Being a normal attack or WS)

Now it only for WS.

Focus has added Crit+ Dodge the Guard+

and as far as DMG it does with WS, not sure about that, you could be right, but before with same armor I was pulling 3 k now doing 9 k so something has def. changed on monk

and I am well aware of "Collosal Blow" but that wasn't my concern tho, my concern is getting a "Worthwhile" Weapon untill I can get a REMA or something (Godshands).

Wondering what are my options as far as Weapons go.

Jolt Counters look nice but I bet there are better ones out there, that is all.

sorry if I wasn't clear enough on my question.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-04 12:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was answering two comments in one, and answered yours as well.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-04 13:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a throat stab though, it can't kill an enemy and it always drops them to ~3% ish It always takes one additional hit to kill the mob

At capped attack you don't do 14k melee attacks, whoever put that on BG is wrong.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-04 21:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I was going by what Rua said on his video and then double checked the wiki to make sure I wasn't understanding it incorrectly. It's possible Rua got his information from the wiki and repeated the incorrect info. In my short time using the weapon it did seem to perform a death blow/throat stab but I wasn't actively testing what was happening so I wasn't sure. My mistake.

The point I was making was that it's not broken if they limit what monsters it can work on. Obviously NMs, but it really doesn't work on anything where the bonus wood be nice. The ONE PLACE it does work is in incursion, on fodder, which is pretty silly. With Monk having such a low wsd ceiling, it kind of makes sense to allow them to have a "deathblow" kind of move. Every final fantasy iteration has had some sort of move where it deals severe critical damage in exchange for a low accuracy chance of landing. I feel like colossal blow was a neat but failed implementation of this move for players. They almost seemed to try make boost a death blow, but that move sucks.

I don't think giving Monk that job trait or ability with a low chance of landing is broken, as long as the damage is limited. The weapon itself is garbage for anything useful, would be a cool ability for Monk in general
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-05 01:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
December Hand-to-Hand Weapons ・Adjust accuracy cap

Quote:
December Job Trait ・Add new Job Trait
mehbe monk?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-05 02:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a new job trait that will be shared by multiple jobs. Something like "Smite" they added some time ago, maybe?

The H2H accuracy sounds something about the fact that H2H is de facto like a 1H weapon, but uses the 95% cap instead of the 99% 1H one.

Imo they're gonna go for a special number unique to H2H.
That way we'll have 2H capping at 95%, 1h capping at 99% but only on the main hand, and H2H capping at something like ~97% but for both hands.

Sounds like the job adjustment is something generic and shared, really.
I hope in the future we're gonna see something more specific.
Would love to see Boost "fixed" to something useful and Focus/Dodge reverted.
If they don't want to revert focus/dodge they should at least make so the bonus from AF legs/head increase Dodge/Focus *DURATION* and not potency.
Really the potency is too high to begin with, it's semi useless to the point that the good part of focus is the Crit bonus.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-05 02:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If we get a 99% cap on both hands, then Impetus gets a pretty big buff tbh
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-05 02:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're going to change damage calculation formulas then... yeah
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-05 03:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
If we get a 99% cap on both hands, then Impetus gets a pretty big buff tbh
I doubt we will.
I assume they would have to make too big changes to set different caps for the two hands (like they do for dual wield), which is why I suspect they're gonna go for something in between 99 and 95, like 97%.
Still a buff to Impetus, regardless.

Am I really the only one who finds the new values and duration on Focus/Dodge annoying?
Ok who cares about Dodge, but Focus was awesome because you could alternate it with Aggressor from /WAR and have a similar (even if small) +acc buff 100% of the time, barring dispel.

The new Focus is... such a waste. It gives an insane amount of acc, too much, more than you can ever need or take advantage from even taking into consideration equip swapping.
To make things worse the AF head furtherly boosts this bonus instead of extending the duration (which is now ~30 seconds if I recall?

They should've made the acc bonus smaller and give us a bigger duration.
Sure the +crit thing is nice, but honestly I sorta liked the old version more.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-05 04:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone likes it more the old way, but its never coming back. Just use new focus like boost for 2 Vsmites.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-05 06:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
First off, I’ve got some news on job adjustments! This is the first month of many that we’ve promised to bring you job-related updates, and to that end we’ve got a change to damage calculation formulas that affect a wide range of jobs—together with the addition of new job traits.

Taken together, these adjustments are intended to raise the bar on a most basic level, and the jobs they affect will feel like they’ve gotten a little something from their kit that they’ve been missing. There’s nothing super groundbreaking, but we believe that you will definitively be able to feel the impact.

Idk sounds like a small pdl increase in the same line as the necks.
By Dsuza 2018-12-05 19:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dsuza said: »

Can anyone help when they have time? Trying to get MNK again after a long time and would love to know what to AIM For

Thanks again
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-05 20:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The frontpage is mostly updated gear wise.
By Dsuza 2018-12-05 20:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay thank you for the reply.

Just saw it say last updated 2016 so figured it wasn't
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-06 09:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Front page is missing Necks Hierarchy as well as Relic+3 pieces. There's also not a "Footwork Up" set (you don't really need to make one, its like 2-3 pieces to change), and I doubt anybody is still using Bhikku Cyclas +1 for Impetus, due to the low accuracy. But dig back a few pages and you can find most sets people are using. Here's what I have,

Footwork:
ItemSet 361480

TK/DK:
ItemSet 360946

Counter/Tanking:
ItemSet 360121

My Smite/Howling/RF set is almost identical to the frontpage, with the exception of WSD/DM augments and the (1) piece of relic+3 used in place of Herculean. Final Heaven set is a few pages back as well.
[+]
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-06 11:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Front page is missing Necks Hierarchy as well as Relic+3 pieces. There's also not a "Footwork Up" set (you don't really need to make one, its like 2-3 pieces to change), and I doubt anybody is still using Bhikku Cyclas +1 for Impetus, due to the low accuracy. But dig back a few pages and you can find most sets people are using. Here's what I have,

Footwork:
ItemSet 361480

TK/DK:
ItemSet 360946

Counter/Tanking:
ItemSet 360121

My Smite/Howling/RF set is almost identical to the frontpage, with the exception of WSD/DM augments and the (1) piece of relic+3 used in place of Herculean. Final Heaven set is a few pages back as well.

For DK/TK you use WSD+ I didn't think WSD would affect them as much as ATK+ / ACC+ / Foot ATK+

Would you mind sharing what type of #s you do with those Set ?

and also sharing your VS / AF / ETC............, that be awesome to take a peek at, if you could.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mayoyamanakata
Server: Bahamut
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyamanakata 2018-12-06 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Buukki, would you mind listing the augments on those pieces? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, what do you think about empyrean +1 legs as an alternative for relic +3 for footwork set?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-06 12:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
For DK/TK you use WSD+ I didn't think WSD would affect them as much as ATK+ / ACC+ / Foot ATK+

Would you mind sharing what type of #s you do with those Set ?

What other piece of gear would you use for DK/TK that I didn't list? No real point in using Hesychast's Hose+3 since its rate (does nothing for WS damage), and the attack/acc/str is negligible in comparison to Ambuscade+2 legs. WSD affects all WS, just primarily useful for 1 hits. Kick WS are 2(3)hits, so it still works in place, especially big numbers like 7/10%.

Numbers vary, the WS is highly scaled with TP, and buffs. I can hit 50k if I'm super buffed with songs, rolls, and fighters, and 2750 TP (no godhands), but normally its around the 20k~35k range. I mostly stick to FH when Footwork/Impetus is down.

The only augmentable gear in all of those sets are the Cape and Vest. My Vest was a DM Augment WSD+6 str+6, but i wasn't happy with it so took another DM qugment of WSD+2 qa+2 crit rate+2 acc/att+18. It's not impressive either, but I favored the chance at a quad attack and extra acc/att over 4 more wsd. TP/counter cape is dex30 (shijin) acc/att20 counter+10. My TK/DK cape is STR30/acc+att20/WSD+10

This is what I use for smite, give or take Ryuo feet+1, which is what's on front page and in Byrth's set
ItemSet 363573

Link to his stuff, which is what I use for most part, give or take a few pieces here and there

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-06 12:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mayoyamanakata said: »
EDIT: Also, what do you think about empyrean +1 legs as an alternative for relic +3 for footwork set?

Tedit: i missed the last part of your question. Ignore all that. They are fine for a Footwork Up set since 20% is massive.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2018-12-06 14:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For someone who's just getting into playing around with MNK (my main is DNC, so I have some gear that can transfer over like Adhemar +1 body/hands) how do suwaiyas compare to the REMA options until I can get my hands on one of those?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-12-06 15:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not awful, though I would look into Jolt Counters.
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2018-12-06 17:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so confused right now. Rua's video recommends Godhands yet everyone on FFXIAH recommends original Relic weapon.

Rua's video also recommends Raging Fists as the go to WS, but i see talk here about Final Heaven, Victory Smite, Dragon Kick, and Tornado Kick.

Also saw someone mention that Kicks are inferior to Triple Attack cuz Kicks can't proc multi-attack????
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-06 17:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider yourself lucky thats all you're confused about. These guides are not exactly user friendly sometimes...

You will get a lot of conflicting information.

Godhands are what you want. Raging Fists are generally what you want to use (sometimes howling fist)

Talk of Spharai, kicks, Vsmite, Tornadokick, why this, why that, is all situational use.

It's funny that essentially kicks and daken are the same thing, but kicks are bad but daken is amazeballs.
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226 227 ... 363 364 365