For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 170 171 172 ... 261 262 263
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-16 07:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

All things considered Aeonics should've been 75 with killshot trials and "perform 1000 radiance" trials too. Then 10,000 "new dumbass named rock"

Or, removed all that ***from REM

It wasn't any harder to use 10 BLM 2 SCH 2 COR RUN GEO WHM BRD. It's not any harder to use rangers either. They're too good for the amount of effort it takes to make regardless of the strat.

Look at a piece to piece comparison;

Relic gets nothing, it's delay is low, neat.
Empyrean gets +50 DEX and low delay.
Mythic gets nothing (sa/ta +30%) (but it's not a pure 30% damage increase)
Aeonic gets STP(The best stat in the game(assuming haste capped etc)) Tpbonus (the best WSstat in the game) and increased SC damage and a special skillchain.

Relic ws need a complete overhaul, like, replicating ftp and hits that match animation, no more single hit. Mythics need a do-over bottom to top. If Stroke was better than Storm you'd have situational use for Mandau.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-06-16 08:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we've already had this speculative discussion:

Near Future:
- Dynamis crafted weapons release
- Stats are comparable to or exceed REMA
- Everyone on Asura complains
- [Japanese Laughter]

Future:
- Abyssea content update
- Possible Su4/5 JP cap increase to ~3,000
- Everyone forgets about augment upgrades on relic pieces
- New sets of crafted weapons from Abyssea mats
- Stats are comparable to or exceed REMA
- Everyone complains
- REMAs are updated across the board at a later point
- Aeonics are able to be afterglowed in some way
- (insert x amount of dumbass cards/rocks here)
- Everyone complains
- [Japanese Laughter]
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-06-16 14:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd come back for awhile if there's a bump to job points or REMA. I actually like beating on bats. What's actually confirmed so far?
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-06-16 15:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt they'd increase JP due to everyone and their gran having 500 capped JPs in reserve - more like a new system, Master Points -_-;
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-06-16 17:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Doubt they'd increase JP due to everyone and their gran having 500 capped JPs in reserve
Most only have those kind of spare points on their main classes if they've played forever.
Still, that's only like 1~3 jobs (if that) that you've already invested into that you could use your spare caps to instantly max out (or get half way close).

From their current trend in development, they're more likely to add to the current system than create an entirely one.
It's also more likely that they'll add new capacity point categories altogether or expand on the ones that already exist for this reason:

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'd come back for awhile if there's a bump to job points or REMA. I actually like beating on bats.
If not, then look forward to a future capacity point sink hole:

Magic Guess #1: KIs for a new tier of master trials.
Magic Guess #2: REMA upgrade materials
Magic Guess #3:
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-16 18:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that job points were supposed to go to 30, not 20. But they realized how broken that was going to be. And the backlash when they first came out + the ban wave for all the jp bots because it was so *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE at first.

So they can just throw that out any time they want.

That's 2,550 More JP per job.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2018-06-17 02:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People were just being stupid and whining that they wouldn't be able to cap quickly. Wish they'd kept it at 30, or hell just uncap it. Then I'd have something to do.
By Boshi 2018-06-18 12:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Relic ws need a complete overhaul, like, replicating ftp and hits that match animation, no more single hit. Mythics need a do-over bottom to top. If Stroke was better than Storm you'd have situational use for Mandau.

When they nerfed Rudra after the way-OP rudra thf burn days ~winter 14/15 they also lowered mercy a bit but just enough so it's weaker than rudra at 1k.

blows my mind how stupid that was
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-18 12:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed. At that time, I was pretty irritated. They blanket nerfed Mandallic and Mercy for no reason.

Was still actually using Mandau occasionally back then. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46531-Mar-26-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Post nerf Rudra still had higher ftp than pre nerf Mandallic. The picture tells the story of everything that's wrong with relic ws's. No growth. (aside from being single hit)

It should look like this;
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-18 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Should...

Lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-18 14:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They should redo how mandau looks too. It reminds me of some cheap level 70 rune weapon. Rune weapons were interesting back then but its like bell bottom pants, it didnt keep up with the times. Most RMEA look unique, i always thought it weird that mandau looked like an AH weapon.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-18 15:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
They should redo how mandau looks too. It reminds me of some cheap level 70 rune weapon. Rune weapons were interesting back then but its like bell bottom pants, it didnt keep up with the times. Most RMEA look unique, i always thought it weird that mandau looked like an AH weapon.

Naw yo. it looks like a relic. An artifact. Sold gold, with Hieroglyph like design. The wrap on the handle, amazing.

Raetic looks nothing like it. Love Mandau, the only reason it's not the best dagger model is;

[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-18 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Raetic looks nothing like it.

i'm so sorry, but these are the same weapon designs on different weapon types.
Rune chopper vs Mandau.
at least it comes with a bottle cap opener.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-06-18 15:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

10 points to the dragon dagger. lol
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-18 16:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragonzord dagger best dagger. Back in the day in 2010 or whenever I made Ryu, i had a serious internal conflict choosing between Vaj and Ryu. I just wanted that look so bayad. But i folded under the 'practical' side. Ryu (was) un utter game changer for drg. Vaj (when I already had a twash) not so much. But I legit had angst trying not to relive my childhood with a green rng dagger :'(

But hey, its 2018. Never to late to go for round two :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-18 16:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just delete every other dagger in the game... make every thf h2h until they make mandau... that way its number 1 again and mnk is useful again as a sub

Two birds 1 stone.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-18 18:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I just wish they were smart enough to make each weapon situationally useful by making relic ws really good.

Fixing mythic to get with the times and correct for power creep.

And make aeonic a little less OP for every ws. (and force you to be on a job that can use it when you got the clears, but that ship sailed)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-18 18:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If they nerfed WS damage across the board it would boost Mandau because aftermath would increase white damage fairly significantly and white damage would once again matter.
 Asura.Haymitch
By Asura.Haymitch 2018-07-03 18:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. Im currently working on THF. so far, I can't find updated gear sets for Evasion, PDT, MDT, and DT hybrid. if anyone don't mind to share theirs with me. thank you!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-03 19:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no updated sets for eva, it's a useless set.

PDT/MDT pretty much standard across every job; Dring Loricate Ambu cape staunch Herc(dtaugs)/Turms/Meg+2
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-03 20:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haymitch said: »
Hello. Im currently working on THF. so far, I can't find updated gear sets for Evasion, PDT, MDT, and DT hybrid. if anyone don't mind to share theirs with me. thank you!
Here are my sets:

sets.defense.Acc = {ring1="Moonlight Ring",ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head=PDThead,neck="Loricate Torque +1",ear1="Sherida Earring",ear2="Telos Earring",
body="Pillager's Vest +3",hands=TPhands,
back=STPback,waist="Reiki Yotai",legs="Mummu Kecks +2",feet=DTfeet,ring2="Moonlight Ring"}

sets.defense.PDT = {ring1="Moonlight Ring",ammo="Inlamvuyeso",
head=PDThead,neck="Loricate Torque +1",ear1="Genmei Earring",ear2="Odnowa Earring +1",
body="Pillager's Vest +3",hands=DThands,
back="Moonlight Cape",waist="Flume Belt +1",legs="Mummu Kecks +2",feet=DTfeet,ring2="Moonlight Ring"}

sets.defense.Eva = {ammo="Yamarang",
head="Turms cap +1",neck="Warder's Charm +1",ear1="Sanare Earring",ear2="Eabani Earring",
body="Turms harness +1",hands="Turms Mittens +1",ring1="Purity Ring",ring2="Defending Ring",
back=FCback,waist="Engraved Belt",legs="Turms Subligar +1",feet="Turms Leggings +1"}

sets.defense.MDT = {ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Turms Cap +1",neck="Warder's Charm +1",ear1="Sanare Earring",ear2="Odnowa Earring +1",
body="Turms Harness +1",hands="Turms Mittens +1",ring1="Moonlight Ring",ring2="Purity Ring",
back="Moonlight Cape",waist="Engraved Belt",legs="Mummu Kecks +2",feet="Turms leggings +1"}

PDThead = Adhemar bonnet+1 path D
DT hands/feet are augmented herc

First set is a PDT set with accuracy for an "oshit I'm taking hits but can't stop dealing damage" and 3rd set is a Meva set, 2nd and 4th are max PDT/MDT sets respectively.
[+]
 Asura.Haymitch
By Asura.Haymitch 2018-07-03 22:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 16:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, soloing, does it really matter? Evis and Rudra both basically kill anything in salvage that isn't an NM.

Right answer, is Aeolean Edge,get a proper set for that, and AE gears, it's awesome.

Let me simplify. Rudras.

Evis wants things like Crit damage+ not rate, wsd rudras vs mummu evis, Rudras going to be better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2018-07-06 19:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question

Mainhaind twashstar AG
offhand shoji path D

or

mainhand shoji Path C
offhand Twashwasher AG ?

Gonna work on anus dagger later down the road
By Foxfire 2018-07-06 19:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

former.

replace shijo with taming sari asap until you get aeneas.

aeneas/twash after that.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-06 19:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijo's actually not bad if you're utilizing the DW on path D. Not sure why tf you'd even consider offhanding a finished Twashtar to it, though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-24 08:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the general thought about AF+3 Body for TP?

I've had a sudden windfall (aka I'm selling all the beastmen's/kindred's medals I've been hoarding since the last campaign) and I'm finally in a position to purchase an Adhemar Jacket +1. I've been using Adhemar/Patentia Sash for my DW needs, but I also have hopes that eventually I'll have the reiki yotai from Kouryu.

Alternatives I have for DW include:
shijo Path D
suppanomimi
floral gauntlets
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-24 09:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
What is the general thought about AF+3 Body for TP?

I've had a sudden windfall (aka I'm selling all the beastmen's/kindred's medals I've been hoarding since the last campaign) and I'm finally in a position to purchase an Adhemar Jacket +1. I've been using Adhemar/Patentia Sash for my DW needs, but I also have hopes that eventually I'll have the reiki yotai from Kouryu.

Alternatives I have for DW include:
shijo Path D
suppanomimi
floral gauntlets

Awesome if capped haste and master.
First Page 2 3 ... 170 171 172 ... 261 262 263