New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 169 170 171 ... 262 263 264
By Staleyx 2018-06-07 21:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey we will take it. At least its not drama or toxic bs.
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2018-06-07 21:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to character 'Directx' farming Salvage wanting better TP gain using certain gear pieces involving Dual Wield, I was offering advice not on Dual Wield, but alternatively lowering Delay using an offhand weapon change, and time efficiency farming Salvage using movement speed.

Is genuine curiosity the nice way of saying: I am being a snarky *** who didn't bother to read the rest of the page because I'm intellectually lazy and rather have someone explain it to me?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 22:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, if it's salvage we're talking, your absolute best offhand is gonna be blurred+1. Not Jugo+1. Or even a NQ blurred.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-07 22:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »
In response to character 'Directx' farming Salvage wanting better TP gain using certain gear pieces involving Dual Wield, I was offering advice not on Dual Wield, but alternatively lowering Delay using an offhand weapon change, and time efficiency farming Salvage using movement speed.

Is genuine curiosity the nice way of saying: I am being a snarky *** who didn't bother to read the rest of the page because I'm intellectually lazy and rather have someone explain it to me?

you posted a response to something that was half a page up without quoting it when the discussion had shifted to hybrid defensive sets

it's not too hard to see why it looked like a non sequitur
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-08 22:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

im finally gearing my TH only thf for some actual usage and dps. I have been struggling finding the answer to the ambu capes though:

Assuming capped DW, what is best on the cape mod? (DA/Crit hit rate/Store tp?)

Thank you advance
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-08 22:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was the other thread, but STP
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-08 22:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ty eiryl
By Foxfire 2018-06-11 00:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »

Siren.Kyte said: »
you posted a response to something that was half a page up without quoting it when the discussion had shifted to hybrid defensive sets

it's not too hard to see why it looked like a non sequitur
^

I actually didn't understand the context to your post, and it seems out of left field given the hybrid conversation.

I just saw "jute boots" and "hybrid sets" and went "wait, what".

If you're that defensive about me being confused, you need to take a break from the internet.

Anyway:

RE: hybrids

in terms of accessory options, would genmei/etiolation be good alternatives as well?
I always wonder about HP swaps like moonbeam and odnowas since you're losing out on a large chunk of hp every time you do an action (ws, shadows, etc.)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-11 02:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a 3k~ hp idle set on my THF. It's pretty hilarious, and actually is pretty wonderful for things like pulling Dynamis. I'll be at 3k hp, take a couple hits, be ready to engage and...be right back to max hp since I'm back to 2200-2300 hp, lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-11 02:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Idle HP is great, DT-HP not so much, causes whms heart attacks. Lose a thousand HP every ws... not a lot of point in the HP set.
By Foxfire 2018-06-11 09:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

right I don't disagree in seeing merit towards gearing HP in slots where you can for an idle/kiting set
but i'm not 100% on that being the best-case scenario for hybrids since you're not really making use of it as much as you think you would
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-15 14:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys! Returning after 5 years and getting back into the swing of things. Starting by crying myself to sleep as my old pride and joys, job defining weapons are now bottom tier REMAs. Ryunohige+Mandau. Especially Ryu :'(. But at least my Twash people made fun of me for making just for offhand is still functional. Silver linings!

Doing ambuscade and stuff to get back into it. 300 rocks are cheap these days so 119ed all 3 (Man/Vaj/Ryu), but now trying to figure out where to go from here.

Most discussions have center around Vaj VS Aeneus and ignore mandau entirely. I guess my question is HOW much worse is mandau? I know Mandau isnt the top anymore and I'm ok with that. I'm a filthy casual now. But no one talks about it much since its accepted as 3rd tier and harder/expensive to make. But I already have one sitting around, so if it isnt utter trashcan level, I'd like to just finish it up and use it.
By Boshi 2018-06-15 14:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On the bright side if you play rdm it's still the best piercing option for that.
By Squabble 2018-06-15 15:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only have a Mandau and a Twashtar, I'd consider using a Twashtar and doing SR for a Taming Sari to offhand. Mandau is just unimpressive since it doesn't have the shiny DEX+50 or TP Bonus+500 attached to it, the Twashtar AM is more frequent than the hidden effect on it to boot. Delay is also low but I'm not 100% sure if that will matter as it depends on your other gear and the dagger skill and ATK+60 are really the only things going for it, which the stats from a Taming Sari beat imo.
By Boshi 2018-06-15 15:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing Vajhra has going for it is if you're in a spot where you have to make light using Mandalic. (these days usually with someone using savage or reso)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-15 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau gonna be the best again when they *** everything up next month~
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-15 16:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm not up to date with the news. Is there some big overhaul or changes coming next month?
By Squabble 2018-06-15 16:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
I'm not up to date with the news. Is there some big overhaul or changes coming next month?
No
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-15 18:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. (not "next month")

Another REMA bump in the works, and the last bump totally shifted the paradigms.

New Mandau will get base damage +10 for each relic+3 piece you wear...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-15 20:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am hoping for a relic overhaul because I think it fits best with how I see the game progressing and what's viable. We will see if it happens. So far there's 16 years if history where SE does it absolutely nothing like the fans think they will here so...
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-15 21:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. (not "next month")

Another REMA bump in the works, and the last bump totally shifted the paradigms.

I didnt realize there were adjustments in the works. Maybe theres some hope for my poor little mandau and ryunohige yet :)

For now ill probably just finish twash and see what happens by then. At least Ill be making an offhand for whatever I end up with if not main hand it.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-06-15 22:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. (not "next month")

After reading this, they decided you were on the right track with Dyna {D} tie-in. But it will be 50 Mercy Stroke killshots on Aurix
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-15 23:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been told that its just RME weapon upgrades and aeonics will fall behind? im hoping vajra gets usable again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-16 00:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Until either;

Mythics get 4x 5x 6x 7x aftermaths, or "all weaponskill damage" +40%

All melee mythics are garbage. Mythic aftermath just did not grow with the power creep. Their low base damage just doesn't cut it and 2x~3x is just too common to matter anymore.

(*)The utility on them is still situationally useful

Aeonics (the ones that matter) would still be fine after a REM bump, wouldn't expect them to get improved.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-16 00:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeonics that are currently viable just getting higher DMG and skill would keep them viable. Relics and Mythics need more of an overhaul. Empyreans would be same as aeonics, just higher DMG/skill would keep the viable ones viable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-16 04:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If Vajra had ~33% TA it would be better than Aeneas

Triple attack specifically, not "occasionally attacks thrice" and removal of "occasionally attacks twice"

(and sidenote, spreadsheet says Aeneas tp bonus works in the offhand, it's not supposed to)

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-16 06:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic should be the best weapons, they're mythical

It would have to have a Base of 190 to match Aeneas. Mythic aftermath is that worthless currently.

If you were playing perfect, Vajra is only about 100 DPS behind, the less you take advantage of the Sa Ta timers the bigger the gap gets.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 169 170 171 ... 262 263 264