FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16
 Cerberus.Toralin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2012-10-22 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kyron said: »
Cerberus.Toralin said: »
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
67 gil apparently, nice.
What was it before?
It was like 519 each or 2.5m gil for every 1m crour. Now 67 gil X 1m crour = about 816,000. Overall its not terribly bad as you can make 1m crour a day easy in VW. But still its how they combat RTM and punish the real players that blows my mind. I believe in events that everyone benefits from in some way, and SE just took that power out of many players hands.

RMT are definetly to blame there are about 5 douchebags with 18 characters pumping out a billion gil every few weeks cruor burning/blinkering. This is why you have seen the RMT tells go from 12 to 5/m in a matter of 120 days. A select few jackass's ruin it for all.

poor Daak, whats he going do now :(
[+]
 Valefor.Jamesaji
Server: Valefor
user: Ajito
By Valefor.Jamesaji 2012-10-22 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kyron said: »
Now 67 gil X 1m crour = about 816,000.
1m cruor now equates to 335k not ~816k.
[+]
 Cerberus.Toralin
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2012-10-22 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jede said: »
My server does a ton of VW; people use it specifically for the cruor that they then convert to gil. This will pretty effectively kill off VW shouts. I almost wonder if SE realized this would break things the way the game is setup currently. I hardly use Blinkers to gil right now anyway, but that isn't my main concern. I can almost understand that being nerfed, but why now? Abyssea has been out for some time. I'm more concerned about the game becoming dull with no more VW, Legion not being as big as I believe SE wanted it to be, NNI being cleared long ago, and new content like Meeble Burrows being the buggy mess that it currently is.

Why now? because the automated cruor bot that is making the billions of gil has been *leaked*, multiple people are using it wrecklessly and they(SE) feel like the billions of gil entering the game is "out of balance"
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingofkingz
Server: Leviathan
user: Kok
By Leviathan.Kingofkingz 2012-10-22 16:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They should stop Fc Party´s too
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-22 16:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why now? because the automated cruor bot that is making the billions of gil has been *leaked*, multiple people are using it wrecklessly and they(SE) feel like the billions of gil entering the game is "out of balance"
Someone's upset my programming ruined his resale market while he had stock on hand. Oh well.

The one that did the damage isn't the one that was leaked, fyi. Everyone using it was monitored and OKed. Couple butthurt people got jealous, wrote poor knockoffs, and traded them everywhere over the last few weeks.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Server: Ragnarok
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-22 16:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Ragnarok.Blurrski said: »
I find it funny the same RMT cleavers selling exp and cruor are still going strong though. There are a few groups here that have had open shop for almost a year now, and still even now, Im seeing their shouts for 1hr/90k. Pretty funny indeed.

Whether they continue to go strong depends on whether people respond to those shouts. Without the promise of recouping their gil through crour, it's a lot less likely.

It just blows my mind that stuff like THIS is how they combat rmt, instead of just combating them head on. I know there is "investigation" and a process but jesus, if even just ONE rmt group is allowed to keep going for like a year, not even trying to be stealthy making new names, going to new areas and/or servers.. idk, but that to me speaks volumes about SE's competency in dealing with RMT problems.

Welcome to skeleton crews. If seeing the same 3-4 gm names on every GM related screenshot didn't give you a pretty clear picture of the situation, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Yeah, but thats just gms.. They really are only there to help you if your character is stuck or youre being harassed relentlessly by someone.. They cant alter game data or really do anything except relay the complaints about it to the dept that handles that stuff, whom I have the real gripe with.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-22 16:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it funny the same RMT cleavers selling exp and cruor are still going strong though. There are a few groups here that have had open shop for almost a year now, and still even now, Im seeing their shouts for 1hr/90k. Pretty funny indeed.

Whether they continue to go strong depends on whether people respond to those shouts. Without the promise of recouping their gil through crour, it's a lot less likely.

It just blows my mind that stuff like THIS is how they combat rmt, instead of just combating them head on. I know there is "investigation" and a process but jesus, if even just ONE rmt group is allowed to keep going for like a year, not even trying to be stealthy making new names, going to new areas and/or servers.. idk, but that to me speaks volumes about SE's competency in dealing with RMT problems.

Welcome to skeleton crews. If seeing the same 3-4 gm names on every GM related screenshot didn't give you a pretty clear picture of the situation, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Yeah, but thats just gms.. They really are only there to help you if your character is stuck or youre being harassed relentlessly by someone.. They cant alter game data or really do anything except relay the complaints about it to the dept that handles that stuff, whom I have the real gripe with.

The "department that handles the stuff" is a computer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-22 16:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said: »
Agreed. I think you should stop telling people where they can and cannot post.

Jerk.
Pulling your business is a more effective means to making a complaint than whining fatalistically on a forum to people who still enjoy the game. I never said he had no right to post here, but he ought to get off his cross, because people have been doing it for as long as FF has run, and it's tired and old.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sephyrus
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-10-22 16:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Demetreos said: »
I wonder (but doubt) if this will make cells profitable on the AH again.

People desperately trying to claw some money out of their saved up cruor.

Which will in return flood the AH and thus making everyone undercut eachother.
By Valentine 2012-10-22 16:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They could remove the cruor farming method... lower the amount of cruor earned each VW fight... but no, easy way to *** playerbase is always the best.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-10-22 16:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »
Siren.Demetreos said: »
I wonder (but doubt) if this will make cells profitable on the AH again.

People desperately trying to claw some money out of their saved up cruor.

Which will in return flood the AH and thus making everyone undercut eachother.
Yup, I know it would only be short term. Was just thinking out loud, anywho.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-22 16:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If fishing goes away too, that will be pretty much it for making gil appear from nowhere. Who is really going to be willing to spend their gil at that point?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-22 16:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when is printing money a good idea for an economy?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-22 16:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a few people, i'd imagine, on items they desire to spend gil on. New gil is being directly reduced, while the player base still has tons of current gil floating around, ready to be passed through more hands than a politician at election time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-22 16:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
If fishing goes away too, that will be pretty much it for making gil appear from nowhere. Who is really going to be willing to spend their gil at that point?

Plenty of people made(and spent!) gil before ebisu bots, chocobo blinkers, and voidwatch.

I feel like everyone wants this to be a bigger deal than it actually is, how's it going to change what you do in FFXI? Less camping upper jeuno, more doing things? Will you quit just because you have to use a different method to make gil? I guess I just don't understand why it's such a big thing.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-22 16:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I feel like everyone wants this to be a bigger deal than it actually is, how's it going to change what you do in FFXI? Less camping upper jeuno, more doing things? Will you quit just because you have to use a different method to make gil? I guess I just don't understand why it's such a big thing.
Gil has to circulate if it can't be made out of thin air, and we all know that doesn't happen.
 Asura.Prestige
Server: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Prestige 2012-10-22 16:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone's upset my programming ruined his resale market while he had stock on hand. Oh well.

The one that did the damage isn't the one that was leaked, fyi. Everyone using it was monitored and OKed. Couple butthurt people got jealous, wrote poor knockoffs, and traded them everywhere over the last few weeks.

I see people talking about all these bots getting leaked... but it definitely isn't happening here on FFXIAH. Is there some major community site people use? I, and many others, had no idea there were these bots out there. What did they even do?

If it was really so widespread, how the hell was it kept quiet for so long? Or am I just in the dark.

Edit - I'd like to add, I have played this game on and off since I began high school. Back then I may have had the time to make gil the hard way, but with blinkers it was easy and accessible. I felt like I didn't have to worry so much about gil and could just enjoy the game. I know there are other ways to make money, but I just don't have the time. Kinda sucks for people like me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-22 16:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not going to change ***for me. Ive never had more than a few mil cruor at any given time, buying brews and etc, and never spent any on blinkers.

It IS however a big deal to me in principle. They are affecting a ton of legit players games negatively by doing this, and from what I can see/tell, doing NOTHING new to combat the bonafide RMTs. One group I know of thats been going for like a year now, change ONE letter in their names after getting banned (usually after about a month of doing their thing), and are right back out there a day or two later (having new chars already to go).. They dont change areas or even area with in the area... For a year, this place is off limits to anyone else for 12-18 hrs a day..

This is still going on today.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-22 16:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jede said: »
My server does a ton of VW; people use it specifically for the cruor that they then convert to gil. This will pretty effectively kill off VW shouts. I almost wonder if SE realized this would break things the way the game is setup currently. I hardly use Blinkers to gil right now anyway, but that isn't my main concern. I can almost understand that being nerfed, but why now? Abyssea has been out for some time. I'm more concerned about the game becoming dull with no more VW, Legion not being as big as I believe SE wanted it to be, NNI being cleared long ago, and new content like Meeble Burrows being the buggy mess that it currently is.

Leaked? lol. They've been freely available for at least a year now.

A crourbot is not CIA-level ***, chief, a bored dude can make one in a few hours at home using a certain publicly available framework.
[+]
 Fenrir.Elliott
Server: Fenrir
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-10-22 16:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Final Fantasy XI is a game. I hardly noticed anything wrong with the economy, that is I was able to enjoy it in spite of this "blinker" madness. I didn't and don't use my cruor to make money, but if this blinker nerf has a huge effect on the game (even more crowded dynamis zones, complete death of voidwatch etc.) this enjoyment could all be over, and for what? Balance? A stable economy in a digital world? I'm enjoying FFXI right now and I don't want stupidity like this nerf to ruin it. I'm not saying it's certainly will, but I'd sure hate for my time in FFXI to end due to something as lazy as this "fix".
[+]
 Remora.Kyron
Server: Remora
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-22 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They could of changed all crour in VW to be gil amounts. Same rate as before. This would still be less than crour in vw and the new reduced price in crour blinkers stops rtms.

but no.

Lets see:

1. I can sit in jeuno out of bordem
2. I can join a exp party even though all jobs merits maxed. Just kill for boredom, make friends, and yes some crour/gil for later use.

3. I could VW when all I do is T2-4 magic and DoT. Sometime stun, over and over.

4. I could sit in a corner by myself in dynamics solo currency farming.

5. craft out of bordem and the occasional HQ you get.

All this from a MMO.

Options 2-3 were the events that were MMO but SE prevents it.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-22 16:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Prestige said: »
Is there some major community site people use? I, and many others, had no idea there were these bots out there.

Oh, this is just precious.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-22 16:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not going to change ***for me. Ive never had more than a few mil cruor at any given time, buying brews and etc, and never spent any on blinkers.

It IS however a big deal to me in principle. They are affecting a ton of legit players games negatively by doing this, and from what I can see/tell, doing NOTHING new to combat the bonafide RMTs. One group I know of thats been going for like a year now, change ONE letter in their names after getting banned (usually after about a month of doing their thing), and are right back out there a day or two later (having new chars already to go).. They dont change areas or even area with in the area... For a year, this place is off limits to anyone else for 12-18 hrs a day..

My question is: how is this gil making it into the economy? If its sitting on accounts, unused, it's practically non-existent. When it's sold to people, sure, it's now in circulation, but if not, it's like counterfeit money that sits in a safe, never used. Doesn't make an ounce of difference until it's sold, and I'd wager not enough people are buying enough gil for it to be more than a drop in the bucket in the gil inflation problem. Cruor and fish-botting are much larger issue that needed to be tackled in order to subdue the waves of incoming gil.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-10-22 16:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Up next, Ragnarok.
[+]
By Valentine 2012-10-22 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Plenty of people made(and spent!) gil before ebisu bots, chocobo blinkers, and voidwatch.

Good luck spending more money than getting benefit from logwatch.
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-22 16:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is: how is this gil making it into the economy? If its sitting on accounts, unused, it's practically non-existent. When it's sold to people, sure, it's now in circulation, but if not, it's like counterfeit money that sits in a safe, never used. Doesn't make an ounce of difference until it's sold, and I'd wager not enough people are buying enough gil for it to be more than a drop in the bucket. Cruor and fish-botting is a much larger issue that needed to be tackled in order to subdue the waves of incoming gil.

Do the math, lets say 12 hrs a day, which is on the low end, at even 80k an hr, again low end, x16 people, 365 days. Even if HALF is confiscated, thats still a metric *** ton being sold and resold for real dollars.
By Avitori 2012-10-22 16:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cheato said: »

Jinjo you've been really ****cking quiet. I wonder how pissed you are lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-22 16:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elliott said: »

Final Fantasy XI is a game. I hardly noticed anything wrong with the economy, that is I was able to enjoy it in spite of this "blinker" madness. I didn't and don't use my cruor to make money, but if this blinker nerf has a huge effect on the game (even more crowded dynamis zones, complete death of voidwatch etc.) this enjoyment could all be over, and for what? Balance? A stable economy in a digital world? I'm enjoying FFXI right now and I don't want stupidity like this nerf to ruin it. I'm not saying it's certainly will, but I'd sure hate for my time in FFXI to end due to something as lazy as this "fix".
The game has only lasted a decade BECAUSE balance has been kept in the economy. If you want the game to tank because of a need for immediate gratification, play a game where an economy doesn't exist. I'm not saying this economy is perfect, in fact, I'm saying it's totally *** compared to what it used to be. If FFXI has any hope of continuing however, SE needs to stabilize the economy. That means turning off the faucet of the massive amount of gil generation and removal of large sums of from the player-base. This can't repair the disarray that's already split the player base though.

@Blurr: It would surprise me if they sold even 10% of what they accrue.
By spryte 2012-10-22 16:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont really brew anything, so i guess my cruor is wasted. I did do the chocobo blinkers though. i have 3mil on me atm, havent played in about 2 months due to a cross country move....but oh well, just going to have to see what the fallout is involving VW and other events.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-10-22 16:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Jinjo you've been really ****cking quiet. I wonder how pissed you are lol

My vocabulary was essentially limited to that of your omitted vocabulary.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16