FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-10-22 14:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

well then i dare say i should start fishing lik and gugru again
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2012-10-22 14:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is unofficial until it's purple.
[+]
By spryte 2012-10-22 14:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ffs....
 Ragnarok.Raizensun
Server: Ragnarok
user: Raizensun
By Ragnarok.Raizensun 2012-10-22 14:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm sounds like vw is goning to take a nosedive
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-10-22 14:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raizensun said: »

Did on cerb at least 2+ months ago and now... /shrug
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-22 14:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raizensun said: »

that had already happened on shiva before i quit in April.
 Odin.Madotsuki
Server: Odin
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2012-10-22 14:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm going to be sick... 5.2 mil crour to my name.

Time to... upgrade some atmacites, I guess...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-22 14:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people are forgetting to use Abyssea augmentable weapons. 7k-ish for 2.5k dominion notes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-10-22 14:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that can come close to saving VW at this rate is if SE adds plates to basically all T3+ mobs on Jeuno and probably all the Outland mobs, since there goes the motivation most people had to throw their stones out with this heavy blow to cruor to gil conversion.

There's hope they'll move in that direction eventually, right?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-22 14:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
I was busy, but it's not like we didn't know it was coming.

I would like to see Haks get nerfed, give the players who care about fishing their cheap lures back :\
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-10-22 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how I feel about this. I never did Blinker runs for gil, but to even go to lengths of removing pearl/teal to be sellable... =0
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-10-22 14:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Haks?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-22 14:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So voidwatch is less profitable than it was before. BALANCE?

See id have no issue with a counteracting a nerf with a good benefit to players but in SE fashion balance is a one armed scale where you get punished and your reward is perhaps a reprieve on future nerfs.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2012-10-22 14:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
I was busy, but it's not like we didn't know it was coming.

I would like to see Haks get nerfed, give the players who care about fishing their cheap lures back :\

I'm just used to seeing purple D: And you always make it all so pretty :(

EDIT: I don't even have time to play and never took advantage of this anyway lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-10-22 14:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

67 gil apparently, nice.
 Asura.Originalkord
Server: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2012-10-22 14:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like when SE goes to the extreme.

"Sure, we could BAN the RMT for doing the thing that is against the ToS...or we can get rid of it all together and screw the legitimate player base."

I am not saying that something should not have been done, but as always, they take the easy way out. At least all those RMT accounts are still paying subscription fees.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-22 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Not sure how I feel about this. I never did Blinker runs for gil, but to even go to lengths of removing pearl/teal to be sellable... =0
With a mule, legit farming cruor at a rate of 150k cruor an hour would bank me 750k gil an hour.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2012-10-22 14:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it will be really interesting to see what happens to heavy metal plates. On one hand participation in VW will tank without the gil motivation. Logically this would make prices go up. However, most of the people I know that are buying HMP fund their purchases with.....crour. So their ability to pay for the plates that will be available will decrease.

I don't see someone with multiple relics/emps grinding out shihei snyths to afford another weapon like the old days. I guess we will see.
[+]
 Bismarck.Punchus
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2012-10-22 15:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Inb4 next thing they hit is haks

nonononononononononononononoononononoonoooooooooooooooooooo

To be honest, haks might take care of themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fleet of ebisus appear, to the point where it's just not worth it to buy minnows.

I stopped even trying to buy minnows/sinkers a while ago. Spend a day fishing sardines and make bait from them. Catch rate isn't as bad as you'd think. Cost is about the same or less.
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2012-10-22 15:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's Thoughts about Player's Vs. RMT:
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-22 15:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
I think it will be really interesting to see what happens to heavy metal plates. On one hand participation in VW will tank without the gil motivation. Logically this would make prices go up. However, most of the people I know that are buying HMP fund their purchases with.....crour. So their ability to pay for the plates that will be available will decrease.

I don't see someone with multiple relics/emps grinding out shihei snyths to afford another weapon like the old days. I guess we will see.

Now instead of making a Qilin shout and killing 18 Qilins in 2 hours (they get an average of 8.1 plates, the other 17 people put 137.7 plates into circulation), these people will spend their 2 hours farming Dynamis and sell the Dynamis currency. They'll use the gil they get from that to buy someone else's plates, and plate prices will increase until making Qilin alliances and farming Dynamis are equivalently desirable.

Plate value will increase. I'm going to guess it'll go up to 110-120k (~95k each on Lakshmi at the moment). You'd mathematically predict higher, but people like doing Voidwatch more than they like farming Dynamis and Dynamis has competition problems.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Server: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-10-22 15:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if people decide to continue doing vw, they will go down, a lot
if people decide to drop vw from their daily routine (as i know many probably will), they will go up, a lot

considering the horrible drop rates for items for 99% of the players (aside nub/leetist *** who get everything) all those players do vw for is cruor->gil. with this out of the picture id say vw drops but hey its been only a couple hours..no vw shouts yet tho just lots of /yell and /shout convos
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2012-10-22 15:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Now instead of making a Qilin shout and killing 18 Qilins in 2 hours (they get an average of 8.1 plates, the other 17 people put 137.7 plates into circulation), these people will spend their 2 hours farming Dynamis and sell the Dynamis currency. They'll use the gil they get from that to buy someone else's plates, and plate prices will increase until making Qilin alliances and farming Dynamis are equivalently desirable.

Plate value will increase. I'm going to guess it'll go up to 110-120k (~95k each on Lakshmi at the moment). You'd mathematically predict higher, but people like doing Voidwatch more than they like farming Dynamis and Dynamis has competition problems.

That's true, but you can't just double the amount of people in dynamis and think currency availability will double. Because of competition the average currency haul per person will decrease. Those same 18 people, even spread out in all 3 COP zones, are going to create a tremendous overcrowding situation. Now add everyone getting crour from cleaves/etc that no longer has an income. Do they do dyna too? It just can't hold everyone. Lastly, maybe not a lot but I bet some people just flat out quit faced with the idea of fishing moat carp to make a living. It's going to be really interesting to see where prices go.

One thing is for sure......I sure am glad I only have 90k crour to my name.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2012-10-22 15:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon as I read the OP this was my response:
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-10-22 15:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone please explain what Haks mean?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-22 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hakuryu
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-10-22 15:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a fish.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-10-22 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ah ty, seen several people asking over couple diff threads.
 Fenrir.Cheato
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Cheato 2012-10-22 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16