FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-23 11:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Double post my bad... :/

Triple*

SE got rid off my free meds... :(
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2012-10-23 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:
So, what are the average people supposed to do? FFXI atm feels like it was right before level cap increase was announced. Only major difference back then LS's were healthy and chatted and people would shout for events and do things over and over.

I sure would love to play the pre-abyssea FFXI you were playing, where the only shout-friendly events were BCNMs and Fay Weapons. Shouting Salvage was just asking for a headache due to how much random people sucked at it, and pretty much every single other event (Sky, Sea, ZNM, Dynamis, Limbus, Einherjar) required a LS group to get done (Unless you're JP). Unless you want to count the first few months of Magian Trials in that, which were all about tedious grinding- and sadly that was refreshing at that point because it actually allowed people who had no group activities to have something to do.

How did a simple nerf on the NPC sale price of an item turn into a rant about how this game is lacking content? I can get that complaint from some people but this nerf has zero to do with how much content is actually in the game.

Well making a relic/mythic/empy99 is a pretty big part of the games "content" at the moment. Blinkers and cruor in general were one of the main sources of funding a relic, especially for those lacking motivation to spam dynamis every day for a month or 2.

It will also affect the viability of groups doing NNI sales and prices for Hexed -1s i'm guessing. As well as the demand from casual players looking to buy empy stages so they can just enjoy the weapon in short events like Voidwatch. What other worthwhile content is there which is not affected by the in-game economy? Abyssea/Voidwatch people are moslty capped for their main jobs by now.

Part of the problem with this change to obtaining gil is the fact people were making relics, buying pulse's and buying NNI wins because of the poor implementation of content lately. NNI is flawed, less said about it the better. Neo limbus was pointless. Legion hasn't lived up to expectations with regards to the prizes on offer.

Having lots of easily obtainable gil and lots of ways to spend it gives casual players something to do when they log in. If people are broke and content is lacklustre or (as it was at 75 cap) difficult to break into a successful group for (such as NNI is now, especially for those not wanting to .dat swap etc) then people are going to play another game. So it's dissapointing to see SE do this.
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-23 11:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Siren.Calnus said: »
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
More reasons to give up on this forsaken game... lol
Because they stop the misuses of something? how does what your saying make sense?
I wouldn't call chocobo blinkers a misuse by anyone other than RMT. There is nothing else to do in this game except spam voidwatch, abyssea, dynamis, legion or meebles (lol). The only savior of voidwatch from the abysmal drop rates was the ability to convert cruor and buy a pulse cell or whatever you wanted. It still took time to get what you wanted because you needed FIVE cells for example. Relics still cost 110M+ as well. Everyone was making cruor and almost everyone knew how to convert it. It's been happening for a long time. Only in the past month or so have a noticed a ton of gil tells for 5.99 per million and mules left and right at NPC's converting. The RMT came in and ruined it for everyone plain and simple.
That's quite a cute elaboration in defense to your little hustle but the bottom line is this no different to selling remedies to the NPC's back in the day and as an alchemist that came up on that hustle I can stand here and tell you that was also an exploit... so funs over please don't try to defend it there is still plenty to do to make loot just nothing atm that won't allow you to be Bill Gates and go to sleep and wake up w/ a billion in in your inventory.

I don't think you understand what an exploit even is if you think chocobo blinkers were an exploit. I'm also not even that upset that they nerfed the blinkers as I usually do dynamis and fishing, so your attempts to get an emotional rise out of me fails as it wasn't my only means of income. I only convert cruor for the few shouts I joined since VW was already declining in popularity on Siren.

An exploit is when you could buy something from an NPC and sell it back and make a profit (Tavnazia). Or if you were able to duplicate items (Salvage). The simple fact is that RMT were spamming all servers with level 30 mules and mass exchanging cruor as of late which ruined the fun for everyone. It's been said and disputed several times over the past 11 pages.
 Lakshmi.Roslice
Server: Lakshmi
user: Roslice
By Lakshmi.Roslice 2012-10-23 11:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

furyofthestormx said: »
Chocobo Blinkers?! Nooooooooo!
Man....now its really hard to make gil... i lived off of those blinkers to help me craft....
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-10-23 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The great FFXI depression begins! Not really. I expected this. Like when they cut the prices of bat blood to NPCs long time ago. Kinda wish I took more of an advantage of it before the nerf though. Oh well. Now only if they'd remove the RMT from AoE spamming in abyss.

Stupid FC EXP parties and the people that sheep and give into it.
By Avitori 2012-10-23 12:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it was a good idea to nerf blinkers and announce the death of embrava within 24hrs of each other. @_@
[+]
By spryte 2012-10-23 12:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, time to work on my crafts to try and earn gil to buy some currency....or do more dynamis(that im sick of lol) to finish my relic. Not the end of the world, just going to have to find another way of making gil.
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-10-23 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it was a good idea to nerf blinkers and announce the death of embrava within 24hrs of each other. @_@
What was the name of the guy in charge again? Cause I wanna scream TANAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA but it takes no effect anymore ; ;

JP forums *Supposedly* rumoring that resolution and fishing is getting his next with nerfs. Top that with embrava/pd nerf and this game is seeing some very dark days until the new expansion lol.
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-23 12:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't think Resolution will be getting a nerf.

Sure, it's nice, but it isn't the absolute best for everything. I guess it depends on how hard they'd nerf it, but I just don't see it happening. >_>
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-23 12:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Calnus said: »
What was the name of the guy in charge again? Cause I wanna scream TANAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA but it takes no effect anymore ; ;

JP forums *Supposedly* rumoring that resolution and fishing is getting his next with nerfs. Top that with embrava/pd nerf and this game is seeing some very dark days until the new expansion lol.

Source for Reso? Fishing notes are harmless.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-24 06:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Leviathan.Kogasho said: »
inb4 everybody gets banned for using this exploit like the duping of nyzul isle items long ago :D

At this point they'd be doing anyone they banned a huge favor.
If you're that jaded, quit and stop posting here. The high-horse *** got old in 2004.

What high-horse ***? I'd say someone who wants dissenting voices to silence themselves is the one on the high-horse.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2012-10-24 07:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Leviathan.Kogasho said: »
inb4 everybody gets banned for using this exploit like the duping of nyzul isle items long ago :D

At this point they'd be doing anyone they banned a huge favor.
If you're that jaded, quit and stop posting here. The high-horse *** got old in 2004.

What high-horse ***? I'd say someone who wants dissenting voices to silence themselves is the one on the high-horse.

It wasn't a "dissenting voice", those offer something constructive. It was just a bitching post.
 Remora.Kyron
Server: Remora
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-24 08:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »

Sure, it's nice, but it isn't the absolute best for everything. I guess it depends on how hard they'd nerf it, but I just don't see it happening. >_>

Why not nerd it. They nerfed the 96 club weapon skill. Whm's couldn't handle it and cried like tarus. The people put in job will most likely nerf many big weapon skills spike dmg. That's basicly the only way to get tanks able to get hate again.

Regardless if its for RF or to level out pld and nin.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Paranoid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Paranoid 2012-10-24 09:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

dont really care about the blinkers since i never participated in such nonsense but something really needs to be done about dyna. too crowded...all the time. i have fun in there when it isn't an over populated frustrating competitive mess but thats very rare

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Paranoid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Paranoid 2012-10-24 09:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i never had enough cruor. i was busy spending it on atmacites, cells, ki and other ***. the process of converting it didnt sound like much fun either
 Bahamut.Kazius
By Bahamut.Kazius 2012-10-24 10:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If converting cruor legit, it really wasn't too bad. After a few times you learn the button-pressing sequence and could pay half attention and watch a movie or something.
[+]
 Remora.Kyron
Server: Remora
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-24 10:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kyron said: »
Odin.Registry said: »

Why not nerd it. They nerfed the 96 club weapon skill. Whm's couldn't handle it and cried like tarus. The people put in job will most likely nerf many big weapon skills spike dmg. That's basicly the only way to get tanks able to get hate again.

Regardless if its for RF or to level out pld and nin.

I agree, but don't you remember the whms complaining about the weapon skill out doing hexa strike? So SE nerfed it.

And they will probably do the same to great sword to give tanks a fighting chance to hold hate..

I like nuking along side tarus.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2012-10-24 10:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No real whm that actually you know whinja complained. I was happy to use something different. So needless to say i was pissed when they nerfed realmrazer.
By Avitori 2012-10-24 10:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kyron said: »
And they will probably do the same to great sword to give tanks a fighting chance to hold hate..

Nerfing Resolution is not going to solve this problem, and it definitely doesn't need to be made weaker. The hate system needs to be reworked along with the way we fight everything (zergs) if PLD wants a chance to be relevant again.
[+]
 Bismarck.Iso
Server: Bismarck
user: ringly
By Bismarck.Iso 2012-10-24 11:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

nerfing reso might not solve the problem, but it will sure be funny! I cant wait
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-24 11:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Realmrazer still out-does hexa strike. The nerf had nothing to do with people's complaints. It also came with "nerfs" to Shun, Resolution, etc. These WS all initially had 1.0 ftp/hit on their initial test server release.
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-10-24 11:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I did blinkers much, but was nice to be able to convert cruor to gil when I need the extra money for something.

Voidwatch is already pretty slow on my server as it is, and nerfs like this lower interest even further. Guess I have to see if the new expansion is any good to actually get me interested in playing this game anymore, that's if it actually comes out lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Veteran
Server: Carbuncle
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-10-24 15:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is over. Never playing again. 0/10.
 Asura.Deodate
Server: Asura
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2012-10-24 15:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't participate in VW so I'm not understanding exactly how the recent nerf affects it, but I keep seeing posts about it.

Can anyone explain in what way the nerf affected Voidwatch? I'm confused and just trying to figure out how it's related. Thanks~
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-24 15:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33901/final-fantasy-xi-version-update-oct-22#2059994
 Sylph.Trebiont
Server: Sylph
user: Maenius
By Sylph.Trebiont 2012-10-24 16:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deodate said: »
I don't participate in VW so I'm not understanding exactly how the recent nerf affects it, but I keep seeing posts about it.

Can anyone explain in what way the nerf affected Voidwatch? I'm confused and just trying to figure out how it's related. Thanks~

Most people go for cruor nowadays. You get cruor for every kill based on the mob, lights, and cells. The drop system is terrible for VW and crour is the only thing consistent as far as rewards.

Edit: Beaten, stupid phone. :-\
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16