FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update (Oct. 22)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Kyron
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-22 15:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wht I liked about crour is it allowed something for everyone. People could all join an event and walk away with something even if it was not big ticket items. Some people did this for gil, others for brews. I always felt if SE added something like crour to areas outside abby it would of made even traditional parties come back.

Sure some RTM or ls's did it all day long and sold. But for everyone else it offered a way to get something they wanted if they worked for it.

I see this making most VW's tank that don't offer any items to upgrade emps.

As to compare what will happen with prices, they will go up. Device dice use to be 80k, they dived to 40k and went back up to 100k when people moved on past WoE what is now a no mans land.

In general what does this due to new and returning players who will want to do VW, or abby and have a hard time finding people to do events. They will shout in Jueno for hours like old days.

Many players did not convert crour in mass amount. Due to the limited space one has, ad the fact they would have to mule out tons of gear to a mule to be able to do good runs. This in itself in my opinion prevented people from over using it as a crutch.

I don't see people paying 15m for adamana hauberks or other high end items anymore in mass amounts though either. So even my smithing won't help me as much.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-22 15:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
More reasons to give up on this forsaken game... lol

Because chocobo blinking is actually playing?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kogasho
Server: Leviathan
user: kogasho
By Leviathan.Kogasho 2012-10-22 15:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 everybody gets banned for using this exploit like the duping of nyzul isle items long ago :D
[+]
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2012-10-22 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kogasho said: »
inb4 everybody gets banned for using this exploit like the duping of nyzul isle items long ago :D

Never forget.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2012-10-22 15:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A good friend of mine is sitting on 26m cruor that he has been putting off to blinker..wonder how he is going to take this news.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-22 15:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What exploit?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-22 15:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't it salvage?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-22 15:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage, Nyzul, Assault, and Sandworm. Anything that used the Assault entrance code.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-22 15:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-22 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Kyron said: »
I don't see people paying 15m for adamana hauberks or other high end items anymore in mass amounts though either. So even my smithing won't help me as much.

If people don't pay as much, the value of the gil you get rises. The value of gil is not static.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Server: Ragnarok
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-22 15:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it funny the same RMT cleavers selling exp and cruor are still going strong though. There are a few groups here that have had open shop for almost a year now, and still even now, Im seeing their shouts for 1hr/90k. Pretty funny indeed.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-22 15:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blurrski said: »
I find it funny the same RMT cleavers selling exp and cruor are still going strong though. There are a few groups here that have had open shop for almost a year now, and still even now, Im seeing their shouts for 1hr/90k. Pretty funny indeed.

Whether they continue to go strong depends on whether people respond to those shouts. Without the promise of recouping their gil through crour, it's a lot less likely.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-22 15:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point they'd be doing anyone they banned a huge favor.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-10-22 15:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I never relied on blinkers as a means to make income. This will change the game indeed.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-10-22 15:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said: »
A good friend of mine is sitting on 26m cruor that he has been putting off to blinker..wonder how he is going to take this news.

If he gripes about it, congratulate him on his new 90 empyrean.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-22 16:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

Whether they continue to go strong depends on whether people respond to those shouts. Without the promise of recouping their gil through crour, it's a lot less likely.

It just blows my mind that stuff like THIS is how they combat rmt, instead of just combating them head on. I know there is "investigation" and a process but jesus, if even just ONE rmt group is allowed to keep going for like a year, not even trying to be stealthy making new names, going to new areas and/or servers.. idk, but that to me speaks volumes about SE's competency in dealing with RMT problems.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-10-22 16:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

If you're that jaded, quit and stop posting here. The high-horse *** got old in 2004.
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2012-10-22 16:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said: »
He'll probably look just like your avatar.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-10-22 16:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's 7mil cruor now going to waste.

So much for the 'I'll do it later' philosophy of converting it to gil.

EDIT

At least it's not 26mil.
 Remora.Kyron
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-22 16:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It just blows my mind that stuff like THIS is how they combat rmt, instead of just combating them head on. I know there is "investigation" and a process but jesus, if even just ONE rmt group is allowed to keep going for like a year, not even trying to be stealthy making new names, going to new areas and/or servers.. idk, but that to me speaks volumes about SE's competency in dealing with RMT problems.

I am with you on this. Most players don't bother muleing equipment and crour burn exchange for hours. The mules of RTM are naked afk people, so its easy for them to do this. Buthey, its the actual ffxi player base who gets screwed.
[+]
By Drjones 2012-10-22 16:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »

If you're that jaded, quit and stop posting here. The high-horse *** got old in 2004.
Agreed. I think you should stop telling people where they can and cannot post.

Jerk.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-22 16:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to skeleton crews. If seeing the same 3-4 gm names on every GM related screenshot didn't give you a pretty clear picture of the situation, I'm not sure what to tell you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Toralin
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2012-10-22 16:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
67 gil apparently, nice.
What was it before?
 Bismarck.Narshee
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-10-22 16:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't remember for sure but like 500-600 range
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-10-22 16:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
More reasons to give up on this forsaken game... lol
Welp, I'll stay on LoL I guess.

Hopefully Adoulin will improve the game and not seal its "dafuq am i playing this game for" status.

Until then, afk Summoner's Rift.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-10-22 16:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toralin said: »
67 gil apparently, nice.
What was it before?
529g

Depending on fame yadayada.
 Remora.Kyron
By Remora.Kyron 2012-10-22 16:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toralin said: »
67 gil apparently, nice.
What was it before?

It was like 519 each or 2.5m gil for every 1m crour.

Now 67 gil X 1m crour = about 816,000.

Overall its not terribly bad as you can make 1m crour a day easy in VW. But still its how they combat RTM and punish the real players that blows my mind.

I believe in events that everyone benefits from in some way, and SE just took that power out of many players hands.
[+]
By Jede 2012-10-22 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My server does a ton of VW; people use it specifically for the cruor that they then convert to gil. This will pretty effectively kill off VW shouts. I almost wonder if SE realized this would break things the way the game is setup currently.

I hardly use Blinkers to gil right now anyway, but that isn't my main concern. I can almost understand that being nerfed, but why now? Abyssea has been out for some time. I'm more concerned about the game becoming dull with no more VW, Legion not being as big as I believe SE wanted it to be, NNI being cleared long ago, and new content like Meeble Burrows being the buggy mess that it currently is.
 Siren.Demetreos
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-10-22 16:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder (but doubt) if this will make cells profitable on the AH again.

People desperately trying to claw some money out of their saved up cruor.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16