http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-fJCr2ZGdw
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-29 08:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is some people so mad about this? I saw the word RANDOM and was like even if it was here I wouldn't pop the cash on it. Far as I'm seeing you could get a cool item or some VW crap you already have and SE is now 500 yen richer and going

while you go
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 08:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason you made me think of that old picture of Xolotl wearing a Zoolater hat and showering a party with them saying something like "HEY GUYS LOL WANT SUM HATS?"
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-05-29 08:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of those tags actually look pretty neat, I wouldn't mind getting them even without codes.
 Siren.Sugarpanda
Server: Siren
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-29 09:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh, I dont care if every JP person got a free relic/mythic or w/e from the vanafest, I don't play with JP people and quite frankly don't really pay much attention to what they do.
If someone offered me a free mythic weapon, I would say "no thanks" because then I would have nothing to play for. I would swing it a few times and probably end up quiting.

What I do agree on though is that EU should have AT LEAST ONE vanafest before the whole game dies away. I so want to go and buy me a memento of the years I have spent in FFXI but the event is always either in US or in JP.

The whole talk about EU people flying to US was a bit silly (imo).

I wouldnt mind paying for the flight tickets or w.e but to fly to America would mean I would have to take days off from work, get a passport etc. when in EU I could fly over for a day and come back the next, I bet you this would be the case for Americans as well. It's just not very convenient to fly to the other side of the world for one day event.
This is why I would love to see an event like this in Europe... but I can only dream.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-29 09:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sugarpanda said: »
Tbh, I dont care if every JP person got a free relic/mythic or w/e from the vanafest, I don't play with JP people and quite frankly don't really pay much attention to what they do.
If someone offered me a free mythic weapon, I would say "no thanks" because then I would have nothing to play for. I would swing it a few times and probably end up quiting.

What I do agree on though is that EU should have AT LEAST ONE vanafest before the whole game dies away. I so want to go and buy me a memento of the years I have spent in FFXI but the event is always either in US or in JP.

The whole talk about EU people flying to US was a bit silly (imo).

I wouldnt mind paying for the flight tickets or w.e but to fly to America would mean I would have to take days off from work, get a passport etc. when in EU I could fly over for a day and come back the next, I bet you this would be the case for Americans as well. It's just not very convenient to fly to the other side of the world for one day event.
This is why I would love to see an event like this in Europe... but I can only dream.

Will never happen because you'r on the wrong server! :O
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-05-29 09:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure they won't hold a Vana'fest in Canada cuz like 5 people would show up.

I LIKE THEM ODDS! :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 09:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kailana said: »

Are you also counting their sled dogs in that 5?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-05-29 09:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Possibly, would depend what side of the country they held the event on. xD
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-29 10:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh,

I wouldnt mind paying for the flight tickets or w.e but to fly to America would mean I would have to take days off from work, get a passport etc. when in EU I could fly over for a day and come back the next, I bet you this would be the case for Americans as well.
Not really. If you were flying to another state for Vanafest you need to take in to account the TSA in which case you need to set aside an additional 4-6hrs each way :p
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 10:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eluveitie said: »
Tbh,

I wouldnt mind paying for the flight tickets or w.e but to fly to America would mean I would have to take days off from work, get a passport etc. when in EU I could fly over for a day and come back the next, I bet you this would be the case for Americans as well.
Not really. If you were flying to another state for Vanafest you need to take in to account the TSA in which case you need to set aside an additional 4-6hrs each way :p

And the 3 days it takes for your urine sample/bloodwork/background check to get back from TSA.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 10:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanafest 2013: Whitehorse
[+]
 Siren.Sugarpanda
Server: Siren
By Siren.Sugarpanda 2012-05-29 10:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh, I wouldnt mind paying for the flight tickets or w.e but to fly to America would mean I would have to take days off from work, get a passport etc. when in EU I could fly over for a day and come back the next, I bet you this would be the case for Americans as well.

lol and when you fly from Europe add additional 4-6 hours to go through customs. When's the last time you flew to the other side of the world for a weekend? :P

Until they invent teleportation, travelling from one continent to another will always take longer than travelling inside one. But I am sure even then you will have to go through a full body search to make sure you are not smuggling cocaine in your private parts...
 Ramuh.Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-05-29 10:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

XD I lol'd
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-29 10:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh,

And the 3 days it takes for your urine sample/bloodwork/background check to get back from TSA.
No rectal probes?
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-29 10:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Tbh,

No rectal probes?
That's defined as "additional screening" after you get pulled from the line for looking suspicious.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-29 17:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I call shenanegans.

:->
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-29 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
...And your contribution to this thread is different from Sylow's, how?

Seriously guys, let's not get into this. Continue only the relevant discussion and leave the petty drama alone.

@Sylow: I understand, but let's get back on topic.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-05-31 11:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

relic/mythic/emp have been canceled from the event.
 Cerberus.Thunderfang
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Thunderfang 2012-05-31 11:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol that was fast.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-31 11:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

wow did SE rly listen to the bitchin? /shock
[+]
By reminderfinder 2012-05-31 15:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't tease me like that. ;___;
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-31 15:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

reminderfinder said: »

Don't tease me like that. ;___;

Wow, an actual person from Whitehorse? :O
By Achira 2012-05-31 16:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish SE would realize how much $ they'd make if they would make more Final Fantasy STUFF available to buy. I'll admit it, I ordered the DVD from Japan-that I can never watch-just so I could have the maestro baton in game.

I would even special order it off other websites (like I did with the DVD of the concert) if I could find it I suppose, but I just wish that it was a little bit easier to find genuine FF memorabilia.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-05-31 16:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure after the California concert we have coming up there will be a US release you could purchase that would probably give you the code for the club.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7