The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 351 352 353 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-02 11:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And as everyone wondered why they didn't expand the ToM weapons to 119 the answer has finally been discovered.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-02 11:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't value White Damage as much (anymore, see Monk), so as long as you can push out those 2750 TP weaponskills for huge numbers, its an improvement. In conjunction with what Taint and Eiryl mentioned:

Taint said: »
Every job gets to 1000tp faster than ever before, TP bonus is just abusing the WS scaling.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Better is better. 1 dps or a thousand

So if you can afford the accuracy lost on some things, if it's an increase, its an increase. Who cares how outdated it is if the white damage loss is lower than the weapon skill damage gained.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-02 11:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you could gain tp while doing zero damage and only ws that would be the new meta.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-02 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They have to know TP Bonus gun works in the Range slot for main weapons. They just didn't think to the future when players would be using it for main hand WS. They made sure none of the Aeonic TP bonuses work in the offhand, nor the Dynamis or REMA augments. They didn't go back and adjust Magian gun (weapons) because they prob thought they were far too outdated for anyone to actually build around. Boy were they wrong.

I'm really looking to see someone cook up a setup like that using old magian offhands (that work), just so I can see the update notes:

Corrected an issue where certain weapons obtained from Trial of the Magians TP Bonus attribute incorrectly applied to all weapon skills.

Oh, and people used to do that with kraken club rangers. Single/double digit swings, who cares. Blast away these Sidewinders by the seconds.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-02 12:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still do that on Ranger- the only difference now is that WS are much, much better.
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-02 12:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm waiting for someone to post practical gearsets and content where the magian offhand tp bonus +1000/oat2-4 is feasible. I'm all for bringing them back, for nostalgia.

I just posted number on last page. You can remove sc bonus and ta trait for max tier acc bonus, use every single max acc gears(including shitty swaps like ramuh +1 x2) posted on 1st page of the guide, and am3 r15 tiz/tp bonus still has higher dps than am3 r15 almace/sequence.

Tiz/tp bonus is just THAT strong, and tp in 0 ma doesnt suffer much with mythic am3. Who would have thought mythic am3 being useful again.
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-02 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Corrected an issue where certain weapons obtained from Trial of the Magians TP Bonus attribute incorrectly applied to all weapon skills.

Hah, if they do that cor wont be worth bringing in 6 man VD pt, lol. It was barely equal to 2nd dd before sapara +1 release. Without tp bonus the job would be crap in melee pt without a solid melee ws. Last stand/evis are both crap.

I dont think tiz/tp bonus is "broken" by SE standard atm anyways. It pretty much works best on r15 tizona only, a bandwagon blu cant really abuse this build, on nin cor rdm it isnt nearly as powerful. This is unlike 2015/16 era that any bandwagon blu gets the advantage of MG + free geo bubble and powerful traits/spells, so pug favors bandwagon blu over other jobs.

SE allowed smn zerg T4, allowed cor do a ws that avg 50k to 60k on wave 3 boss, none of that got changed. So I doubt se would nerf tp bonus just because r15 tizona do 45k ws at 1000 tp lol.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-01-03 05:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Spreadsheet in the OP up to date? Or in case could you guys post a fairly recent one with r15 and +2 necks?
Lazy, sorry :)
Guess it'a time to do some homework and study some new sets with tpbonus offhand...
By geigei 2019-01-03 06:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
cor wont be worth bringing in 6 man VD pt
I'll take a non tpbonus cor and his rolls over any DD.
By SimonSes 2019-01-03 08:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

You are talking like COR can do one or the other, when it's clearly not true and I doubt any COR gears for DD before rolls, when roll set is so cheap and easy to get (beside rostam and regal neck).
By geigei 2019-01-03 08:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, i'm saying cor dd is still not replaceable, even without tp gun.
By SimonSes 2019-01-03 08:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I agree. Afania overreacted a little with being worry about having a place in DD pt as COR, because indeed rolls alone are almost enough of a reason to have COR in DD party.
By Ricon 2019-01-04 10:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m going to try this in dynamis tomorrow, we’ll see how it works on the wave 3 boss. I’ve got a smelly drg to put down!

Capping enmity is a huge problem on the disjoined, has anyone experimented with /drg to drop hate? A thief using accomplice would be amazing, currently our drg has 100% uptime while the other dd eventually die and lose 3 minutes.
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2019-01-04 11:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on GEO for all our Wave 3 clears but I'm pretty sure all our DD's subbed DRG for this reason.
By Afania 2019-01-04 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Oh yeah, I agree. Afania overreacted a little with being worry about having a place in DD pt as COR, because indeed rolls alone are almost enough of a reason to have COR in DD party.

You guys probably haven't play cor in fettering blade era lol.

A pt with tank DD DD brd geo healer had equal ambu vd kill speed as tank dd cor(with very good savage set) brd geo healer in fettering blade era.

At that time people rarely take cor to ambu as 2nd DD. Cor only become clear better choice since Sapara +1 and relic +3 release.

Basically cor dps + roll dps increase has to > 2nd DD for the job to be worth bringing is what I'm saying. With pdif so easy to cap there's no way SAM roll could make up the thousands of dps gap if tp bonus doesnt work.

I've done VD with roll only cor, the kill speed isn't horrible but noticeably slower than 2 DD.

So meh, not worth it. Unless it's in alliance or something.

Personally I haven't seen any VD PUG be ok with inviting a roll only cor unless it's friend/ls carry. So building a roll set first or not doesn't matter because a new cor with limited gears can't do VD as efficient as 2 well geared dd in a none multstep sc setup no matter what.
By Jimmyballsack 2019-01-05 11:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So with the new Tiz/tp revelation, can we basically say r15 almace is relegated to only very very short fights? Or where does it even fit in anymore? For example, VD leviathan fight is short as is, but I can still see viability in getting am3 up on tiz/tp and making it even shorter.
By Taint 2019-01-05 12:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
So with the new Tiz/tp revelation, can we basically say r15 almace is relegated to only very very short fights? Or where does it even fit in anymore? For example, VD leviathan fight is short as is, but I can still see viability in getting am3 up on tiz/tp and making it even shorter.

When you are spamming CDC for light but don’t have time to make or keep tizona AM3 up.

So pretty much a last upgrade for BLU with tizona.
By Jimmyballsack 2019-01-05 12:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »

When you are spamming CDC for light but don’t have time to make or keep tizona AM3 up.

So pretty much a last upgrade for BLU with tizona.
So basically soloing yorcia delve or other trivial stuff--nothing greatly useful coming to mind. Uhhh.... w2 boss where white dmg counts perhaps? Already built a couple armas for that sort of stuff; perhaps when I start bringing blu to dyna.

Never thought my almace would get kicked down into augment bucketlist territory. But unless I'm missing something, it just entered the super niche, like arma.
By Jimmyballsack 2019-01-05 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Definitely going to eyeball some Levi runs, as you're 100% self SCing with almace, but sounds like even in that scenario Tiz/tp will be every bit as good if not better while upholding MP as you mentioned.

Sort of on that note, almace loses even more ground on zergs with other people since you can count on some light SCs being blocked; tiz shrugs that issue off. Moot though as I personally haven't DD zerged anything in ages (outside of w3 if that's even considered a zerg, which I've been using rng and cor for), and if I were to again, that's what my war's for.
By Sabishii 2019-01-05 15:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And people thought I was crazy for near perma-main-handing Tizona. NOW who's crazy. I played around with Expiacon in dyna, and was seeing more big numbers than CDC. That made me decide to aug Tizona and focus on that. Hold TP when over buffed for bigger numbers. Glad to see I'm not crazy XD
By Taint 2019-01-05 15:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tizona main has always been the go to.

Unless you are on Asura where people rock Sequence/almace /facepalm.
By Afania 2019-01-05 15:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Us cheap people has to mainhand a sequence for savage blade ;(

Sequence/tp bonus for us lazy casuals. ;(
By Taint 2019-01-05 16:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Us cheap people has to mainhand a sequence for savage blade ;(

Sequence/tp bonus for us lazy casuals. ;(

Sorry didn’t mean to word that wrong I meant main sequence sub almace which is vastly inferior to almace main sequence sub.

Obviously if you only have one DREMAs it should be in the main slot.
By Sabishii 2019-01-05 17:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tizona main has always been the go to.

Unless you are on Asura where people rock Sequence/almace /facepalm.

I am on Asura, but I march to the beat of a different drum. =o
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-01-05 20:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just comming back fomr a little over a month away.
Im about to fisinh up augment for my wife tizona.

alot of the times i just need some grind work i can do soloe
would the tp bonus be worth it for offhand ( she currently has a almace 119)

or better to focus on AG that offhand almace ?
By SimonSes 2019-01-05 20:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
just comming back fomr a little over a month away.
Im about to fisinh up augment for my wife tizona.

alot of the times i just need some grind work i can do soloe
would the tp bonus be worth it for offhand ( she currently has a almace 119)

or better to focus on AG that offhand almace ?

AugTizona/TP bonus is so good, that you feel bad when using it. Do the TP bonus first, you wont regret it.

Also small tip for last two trials:
Trial 2794: BirdsT - Weapon Skill dealing more than 400 x500
Trial 3257: Vermin - Weapon Skill dealing more than 400 x500

Go fight Apex Bats and Apex Eruca. Use some low damage WS and lo damage offhand (you only need to make more than 400damage with WS to count) and you can easily do like 30-50 WS per mob, which is far better than doing it by fighting low lvl stuff and going from mob to mob.
[+]
By Ricon 2019-01-05 22:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

https://files.catbox.moe/5af371.lua

These are numbers from 2 disjoined kills. One using the standard Tizona/Almace with the "BiS" sets for us. The other using the new set with Thib in the OH. My honest opinion is that against content 130-135 Thib OH should be untouchable. Against 140+ Almace will be the more consistent dependable option.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2019-01-08 16:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So, is there a new accepted best spell list for Tizona/Thibron?
By Boshi 2019-01-08 16:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people’s views on the amb club for low tier nuking

Elatta
macc30 matt15 mdmg232 maccskill231

NibiruB
macc7 matt31 int21 mdmg124 maccskill215

nibB->Elatta difference:
macc+23 mdmg+108 maccskill+16
int-21 matt-16

Maybe next stage?
First Page 2 3 ... 351 352 353 ... 445 446 447