The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 350 351 352 ... 446 447 448
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-12-30 16:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is very interesting indeed. I’m late to the conversation but I think it wasn’t spoken about because CDC was the truth for so long that it was simply... forgotten?

This is super cool though, definitely want to abuse it now.
I wonder if the viability holds true for Rudra as well... hmmm

Just thinking randomly sorry.

Thanks for sharing though, this will give me a whole new thought to work on for BLU
By Nariont 2018-12-30 17:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

it can work for any weapon so long as you can get your acc high enough, or only using SA WS to ensure it hits
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-12-30 18:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bear in mind that blue eye mobs in Dynamis-Jeuno-D take an extra 40-50% damage and green eye mobs take an extra 20% if I remember correctly.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-12-30 18:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Who has mp woes on blu? Unless your the i'll white wind main heal/backup heal kinda guy i dont see it.

Oops only just now seeing this, sorry.

Typically on BLU I'm doing a fair bit of casting during or just before a fight. Keeping Occultation and Flutter (It's possible to have a mage do that for me but.. eww?) And I am very fond of using Tenebral Crush for the free Defense Down when applicable, also Stuns and MG... really unless you are literally never casting anything (Which you SHOULD be casting at least somewhat frequently) over a period of time, you will eventually run low on MP.

For instanced or quick events this is never an issue but for longer events like Omen or Dyna-D (Omen was what first gave me that fire to finish Tizona) you will eventually burn through your MP even with a PERFECT Idle Set.

So to combat this, you now will have to set Spells to help you such as Battery Charge - Costs 3 points (Honestly 3/tic Refresh doesn't help very much) Or Magic Hammer - Costs 5 points (Wonderful but long cool-down and you need a target with MP)

This is one of the reasons why Tizona is so awesome. It immediately solves the problem so long as you are able to hit the thing you're swinging at and you never have to equip those spells again unless doing a kiting strat of some kind so that's points free'd up for combat almost permanently :)

Edit:

Forgot to mention that MP Management is an even bigger issue on fights that drag on for whichever reasons (*** of HP). In those cases, it’s even harder to recover MP.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-12-30 23:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

While I have Almace, I tend to use Tizona main hand for the exact reasons described by the post above. With Tizona and a good FC/white wind set, you can really make a difference spamming white wind quickly (I.e. dyna-D, link statue pull stomps the pt and you need to recover). It’s also helpful to always have mp for diffusion mighty guard and occultation.

I only mainhand Almace if it’s a pure dps Zerg fight where offering pt support isn’t as essential.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-31 01:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
This is very interesting indeed. I’m late to the conversation but I think it wasn’t spoken about because CDC was the truth for so long that it was simply... forgotten?

People have been abusing r15 expiacion since rema augments I think. Just offhand tp bonus too boost it even further wasnt a thing yet. But this kind of build is probably most viable on blu compare with other dw jobs because the synergy between expiacion dmg boost and high acc.

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
This is super cool though, definitely want to abuse it now.
I wonder if the viability holds true for Rudra as well... hmmm

Yup, people have been abusing tp bonus offhand for rudras on thf brd dnc in sv zergs. But its only viable with sv because of acc. Blu should be able to utilize such build better than other dw jobs, and if they do use acc swap for it it isnt that much dps lose with mythic am3 anyways. Main handing a mythic oa2-3 in high acc trait and spam ws with strong ftp scaling is something blu do better than most other dw jobs imo.
By SimonSes 2018-12-31 04:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Just bear in mind that blue eye mobs in Dynamis-Jeuno-D take and extra 40-50% damage and green eye mobs take an extra 20% if I remember correctly.

That's true, but like I have said on Apex with just COR and BRD I had avg 40k Expiacions. Yesterday I was helping with some T2 in reisen (Khimera) with geo this time. I was doing 47-57k Expiacions and broke my record with 62k one.

Afania said: »
People have been abusing r15 expiacion since rema augments I think. Just offhand tp bonus too boost it even further wasnt a thing yet. But this kind of build is probably most viable on blu compare with other dw jobs because the synergy between expiacion dmg boost and high acc.

Yep, the idea for TP bonus offhand for Tizona came to my head afetr I saw Centovente (tp bonus dagger) being mentioned in DNC forum (DNC is my other main). DNC has very high natural accuracy, but most people forget that BLU can manipulate his traits to have the same or even higher base acc.

Yup, people have been abusing tp bonus offhand for rudras on thf brd dnc in sv zergs. But its only viable with sv because of acc. Blu should be able to utilize such build better than other dw jobs, and if they do use acc swap for it it isnt that much dps lose with mythic am3 anyways. Main handing a mythic oa2-3 in high acc trait and spam ws with strong ftp scaling is something blu do better than most other dw jobs imo.

Its actually viable outside of SV too, but only on DNC and THF, because of naturally high accuracy of DNC and high accuracy in THF TP set and because it's paired with Twashtar which gives 50+ acc with its +70DEX (It's actually my next project.) Other thing that made TP bonus offhand option valid are JSE necks. They give very high accuracy for THF, DNC and BLU jobs.

THF can reach 1063 accuracy with offhand in one of his strongest TP set option:

ItemSet 359678

It's true that Twshtar is not mythic so has no multi-hit with AM3, but with this set THF has 53% triple attack! Now with this TP set, THF also has triple attack damage +41% and +39% critical hit damage, which paired with Twashtar AM actually pushes white damage of THF not much behind the white damage of (non Impetus) monk even with Centovente offhand.
Accuracy swaps for this set would probably be Dampaning Tam > Mummu bonnet +2 and Regal ring isntead of Epona's. In case of Mummu and Regal it would be a pretty big loss of 7% triple attack (46% ta left is still a lot), 3% double attack and 6% crit damage, but it would boost accuracy of offhand to 1110+. Thf also gets +15acc when positioned behind the enemy with 5 merits into Ambush.

Now DNC can equip this set:

ItemSet 364167

This set gives ~1080 with Centovente offhand. It's less MA than THF (2%QA, 20%TA, 22%DA), but quite high store tp (+47 normal and +62 if face to face with enemy with 5 merits in closed position). You can also add a lot of double attack with Saber Dance (+20-50%) in situations where you can use it. DNC also gets +15 accuracy when facing enemy with 5 merits in closed position. Accuracy swaps here would probably be Dampaning Tam and Adhemar legs. The loss of 3%TA and 3%DA on legs is quite big, but those swaps would push accuracy on Centovente to ~1125+. DNC can also debeuff mob with up to -44 evasion.

Keep in mind tho, that Rudra's is not as strong as Expiacion. With 1250 TP bonus base damage of Expiacion is a little higher and it has higher chance to multihit on main hand with Tizona AM3 up and multi-hits are also a little stronger on Expiacion. That being said THF has SA and TA to enhance rudra's damage by a lot and DNC has Climactic flourish (and hopefully building on separate cooldown soon) which also is fantastic to pair with Rudra. DNC also has highest natural Skillchain bonus (+32%) which is amazing when spamming Rudra's solo and chaining Darkness. DNC in zerg scenario with 1hr use has also ability to do 6+ Climactic Rudra's in a row without doing a single auto attack and nothing comes even close to Centovente offhand when doing this.

BTW sorry for off topic with THF and DNC, but I hope none will feel angry about this. I also think its good to have perspective and knowing how BLU stands against other jobs using same concept for DDing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-12-31 09:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to do this sword and test it on rdm too!!
By Boshi 2018-12-31 11:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

dnc doesnt need adhemar body.

damp tam is not a good acc swap for thf, even empy+1 is better.
best acc swap head for thf is relic+3.
By SimonSes 2018-12-31 13:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
dnc doesnt need adhemar body.

damp tam is not a good acc swap for thf, even empy+1 is better.
best acc swap head for thf is relic+3.

Its what you get when you try to do TP set out of memory. I obviously use relic+3 body on DNC..

Thank you for acc swap suggestion for THF. I was just guessing that and your suggestion is far better.
 Asura.Yoshimuru
Server: Asura
user: Yoshimuru
By Asura.Yoshimuru 2019-01-01 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

with the new Augment Almace/Tizona, Which one is best for pure DMG and does "Expiacion" do more damage than CDC now?

whoever is the best, how far the 2nd one behind?
By Afania 2019-01-01 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yoshimuru said: »
with the new Augment Almace/Tizona, Which one is best for pure DMG and does "Expiacion" do more damage than CDC now?

whoever is the best, how far the 2nd one behind?

It is discussed last page lol.

On spreadsheet with 52 stp sam roll but no stat boost, Im getting 6.8k dps with Almace augment+ sequence offhand. CDC doesnt break 30k.

Using Acc swaps posted pages back with tizona/Thiron expiacion, Im getting 8.2k dps and over 42k ws avg. Which is pretty much 2h DD category.

If I use lowest acc set then its about 8.5k dps.

Revive the blu-wagon :D

Also been wondering if nin can do the same with ten.
[+]
By Taint 2019-01-01 18:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 Tizona is a monster.

The new TPbonus info makes it even better and worse case you can still sub Almace for acc/sc needs.
By Afania 2019-01-01 18:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to set max tier acc bonus trait and use bis acc swap posted on p1 just to see how far blu can abuse acc advantage. I even swapped out chirich hq for ramuh+1 x2.

Still getting tiz/tp bonus winning at 7.3k dps.

/panic.

Taint said: »
R15 Tizona is a monster.

The new TPbonus info makes it even better and worse case you can still sub Almace for acc/sc needs.

Unless you are scing, Id probably make almace last acc swap at this point, lol.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2019-01-01 20:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to set max tier acc bonus trait and use bis acc swap posted on p1 just to see how far blu can abuse acc advantage. I even swapped out chirich hq for ramuh+1 x2.

/panic.

R15 Tizona is a monster.

Im almost 100% sure (nin question but also applies to this convo), tp bonus katana offhand applies with aeonic main hand right? aka +1500 tp bonus with both weapons for ten, tested it?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-01 20:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The Moogle TPbonus weapon(s), yes.
By Afania 2019-01-01 21:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

/panic.

R15 Tizona is a monster.

Im almost 100% sure (nin question but also applies to this convo), tp bonus katana offhand applies with aeonic main hand right? aka +1500 tp bonus with both weapons for ten, tested it?

It works, but my question is more about if this build on nin is as effective as blu.

1) will nin suffer too much from the lack of acc.
2) will 1000 tp bonus gets devalued if main hand already has 500.

I'm just eyeballing so I can be wrong, but it seems that heishi offhand tp bonus for ten isn't going to completely change the job dps potential like tizona does.

Tiz/tp bonus is FAR ahead of 2nd best combo and 2nd best combo is already very huge increase over other options. Besides certain jobs like lionheart run dp cor there probably aren't many builds that boost a jobs dps this much.
By oyama 2019-01-02 00:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I know aug tiz/thib w/ expiacion is gonna be stronger, but how does Seq/thib w/ savage blade compare in the overall scheme of things for pure ws spam?
By Afania 2019-01-02 02:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

oyama said: »
I know aug tiz/thib w/ expiacion is gonna be stronger, but how does Seq/thib w/ savage blade compare in the overall scheme of things for pure ws spam?

Edit: I *** up on some of the settings.....fixed and Im getting 7.3k dps with acc swaps, using augmented sequence.

So tiz/thibron > sequence/thibron > almace/sequence.

Tiz is still nearly 1000 dps ahead of sequence though.
By Taint 2019-01-02 05:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN would go Kikoku/tp bonus. This would offer att (a big NIn weakness), SC options and reduce wasted TP overflow. ACC should be fine NiN gets kenda and other excellent gear options.
By Boshi 2019-01-02 06:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic ws don’t scale with tp... freezing cold take
[+]
By Taint 2019-01-02 07:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn’t use metsu.....just AM up and spam Ten.

BLU is in a good spot because expacion is very strong and scales. It would work on NIN but not nearly as well.
By SimonSes 2019-01-02 09:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn’t use metsu.....just AM up and spam Ten.

BLU is in a good spot because expacion is very strong and scales. It would work on NIN but not nearly as well.

The advantage wouldn't be nearly as high as with Expiacion tho. 2250TP Ten would do ~26k on avg. R15 Metsu will do like 23.5k on avg?
And you need to remember you lose quite a lot of white damage too (not only TP bonus has low att and damage, but also the spread between main and sub hand hits during tp phase is even, while with Tizona/tp bonus you would hit more with Tizona, because of AM3).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-02 10:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Better is better. 1 dps or a thousand
By SimonSes 2019-01-02 10:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Better is better. 1 dps or a thousand

What I was trying to say is that it's so close, that I'm not sure if that's actually beneficial. It for sure isn't for solo because of skillchain damage from Metsu > Metsu would be much better. Assuming skillchain doesn't matter, it's still questionable, because you would gain 3k+ on WS, but lose #IdontCareEnoughAboutNinToCalculateIt amount of white damage.

Also even with great TP options like Kendatsuba, NIN still has no Accuracy trait (which goes up to +72 for BLU). NIN catches up with Gifts where he gets 25 accuracy more than BLU, but then lose +30 accuracy on main weapon (Tizona gets +30 acc from Augments). Again, what Im trying to say si that even with great sets like Kendatsuba, it's possible that you would need to make some acc swaps for other slots and lose more DPS. In the end that DPS loss and white damage loss might be bigger than WS gain. I dont care that much about NIN to check all this, but someone should before going for that option in practice :P
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-01-02 11:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I'm curious about old Khadga OAT 2/4s.

They were never bis, but neither was tpbonus, ever...

EDIT: With all the multi attack we get they're probably still no good, but were fun for Sanguine spam!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-02 11:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

EDIT: With all the multi attack we get they're probably still no good, but were fun for Sanguine spam!

Asura.Eiryl said: »
All this talk about TPbonus offhands wheres the Kraken Club numbers. Same buff requirements with much faster tp gain.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-02 11:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting for someone to post practical gearsets and content where the magian offhand tp bonus +1000/oat2-4 is feasible. I'm all for bringing them back, for nostalgia.
[+]
By Taint 2019-01-02 11:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »

TP bonus is coming to play due to recent changes. WS scaling and REMA bonus especially Expacion.

Every job gets to 1000tp faster than ever before, TP bonus is just abusing the WS scaling.

Back at 99 when Magians were a thing the game was drastically different.

KClub to get the same effect would have to get you to 2000tp before TPbonus gets you to 1000tp. The addition of QA/TA and the max hits per round still being 8 would hurt that case.

This set was posted last page:

ItemSet 364111
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-01-02 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I agree 100%, I'm just kinda baffled (is that a word even?) that this is actually a thing, and that we should be gearing for it
First Page 2 3 ... 350 351 352 ... 446 447 448