Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 682 683 684 ... 836 837 838
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-12-31 10:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, all mine are anyway.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-31 11:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ow fu...

One more daily task to do on multiples chars.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-12-31 12:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got the buffalo mount:

You need to trade items to the Trainers to get one of 3 keys:
BB Cowbell A, B, &G

Most of the time they give you a New Years Gift (R/EX) that will give you a random buff.
Trainers can keep giving you items, but it may only be the New Years Gift. ( If you have a New Years Gift, it will tell you the NPC tried to give you one, but you can't hold it. )

Aside from the Keys, I got a Cait Sith Carving, Galette des Rois, and a few BB Ranch Milk.

I went to one of the holiday moogle vendors and bought a crap ton of "Crackers" 4g stacks to 99.
Went to a zone, traded like 10x crackers to each Trainer until I got something and then jumped to a different zone in a different region.
Got A from W.Saurta
Got B from Xardcabard
Got G from Zi'tah.

When you get all 3 trade them to Dabih Jajalioh Macchi Gazlitah Ru'Lude Gardens - (F-9) (The one by the Obelisk, thanks for the correction Seraphpdh) she'll give you the Buffalo item that you'll need to go trade to the Mapitoto (Mount NPC)

Hope this helps someone!
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2020-12-31 23:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Dabih Jajalioh Ru'Lude Gardens - (F-9)
Everything is correct, except it's "Macchi Gazlitah" at H-9 by the fountain for the NPC to trade into.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-01 18:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Which Title Changer NPC does Abyssea?

I was looking at all my titles and don't have Rani from any of the ones on the BG list. Are they in each abyssea? Is there no abyssea title changer?

Port Jeuno - Zuah Lepahnyu
.... Is missing from the BGwiki list, it might be that one but I can't check right now
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-01-01 20:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-01 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
.... Is missing from the BGwiki list, it might be that one but I can't check right now

Yup, she's the one. She also does Voidwatch, Meeble Burrows, Legion, and Limbus II titles.

Question from me:
Anybody have a good target suggestion for doing real life parse testing? I'm looking for something that:
- Has enough HP to not be dying really fast (so, Apex mobs),
- Doesn't need super acc/buffs to hit it (so, not the highest level Apex mobs)
- Doesn't use moves that give the mob significant defensive buffs, or the player significant offensive debuffs (just for consistency in parses comparing different setups). I guess if nothing else, dispellable buffs can be overcome with something like Ajido trust, but things like Apex Crabs/Jagils aren't exactly ideal due to their TP moves potentially adding some random variance that would affect DPS results.

I'm wanting to do stuff like a series of short (like, 10-20min) parses with different weapons to get actual DPS "real life" results (including SCs), as opposed to just relying on theoretical and imperfect spreadsheet testing. Would be going solo w/ trusts, or dualbox with a buffer mule/alt. This isn't the kind of thing I'd subject a friend to for my personal experiments lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-01 20:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought so, but the oldwiki only has a couple titles and bgwiki is missing her entirely

Getting / Counting titles is even worse than simply doing quests
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-01-01 21:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally getting my lazy *** around to augmenting my Sailfi +1. Aside from an accuracy swap to Ioskeha+1, is there any reason to keep that or a Windbuffet +1?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-01-01 22:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
target suggestion for doing real life parse testing
O_O
People?
I guess you could tie them up or dump them down a hole?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-01-02 02:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, she's the one. She also does Voidwatch, Meeble Burrows, Legion, and Limbus II titles.

Question from me:
Anybody have a good target suggestion for doing real life parse testing? I'm looking for something that:
- Has enough HP to not be dying really fast (so, Apex mobs),
- Doesn't need super acc/buffs to hit it (so, not the highest level Apex mobs)
- Doesn't use moves that give the mob significant defensive buffs, or the player significant offensive debuffs (just for consistency in parses comparing different setups). I guess if nothing else, dispellable buffs can be overcome with something like Ajido trust, but things like Apex Crabs/Jagils aren't exactly ideal due to their TP moves potentially adding some random variance that would affect DPS results.

I'm wanting to do stuff like a series of short (like, 10-20min) parses with different weapons to get actual DPS "real life" results (including SCs), as opposed to just relying on theoretical and imperfect spreadsheet testing. Would be going solo w/ trusts, or dualbox with a buffer mule/alt. This isn't the kind of thing I'd subject a friend to for my personal experiments lol.

Qutrubs VWNM maybe.
By SimonSes 2021-01-02 04:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Qutrubs VWNM maybe.

He would cap ws dmg at 99999 probably, so it wouldn't be accurate.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-02 04:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, not interested in stuff with atypical damage mechanics. Maybe I can rephrase my question as: which non-Ra'Kaznar Apex mobs (or other ilevel 125+ targets) are good for testing? Lack of defensive buffs or player DPS-affecting debuffs is a plus.

On some further investigation: Apex Toads sound pretty great for my purposes. But if anyone has other suggestions, that would be helpful.
By SimonSes 2021-01-02 05:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, not interested in stuff with atypical damage mechanics. Maybe I can rephrase my question as: which non-Ra'Kaznar Apex mobs (or other ilevel 125+ targets) are good for testing? Lack of defensive buffs or player DPS-affecting debuffs is a plus.

On some further investigation: Apex Toads sound pretty great for my purposes. But if anyone has other suggestions, that would be helpful.

Just remember they have various level and you need to take that under consideration while fighting them, especially buffed only by trusts.

Lv131 HP Approx. 170,600 INT285 Evasion 1103 Defense 1206
Lv132 HP Approx. 176,700 INT293 Evasion 1133 Defense 1239
Lv133 HP Approx. 182,800 INT299 Evasion 1163 Defense 1272

14 points of stats and 66def might look small, but if you have lets say 2000 attack, thats a 5% damage difference just from defense difference. Add fSTR difference and possible dDEX difference and it can totally flip your parse results if you ignore it.
[+]
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-02 05:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember someone made a guide on how to get Reisenjima access for alts in a simple step by step guide as fast and easily as posisble, anyone have the link to it?
By Pantafernando 2021-01-02 05:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Finish The Shadow Lord to get Rank 6.
Finish Rise of the Zilart until you flag Headstone Pilgrimage.
Finish Chains of Promathia until you flag The Road Forks.
Finish Treasures of Aht Urhgan until you flag Royal Puppeteer.
Finish Wings of the Goddess until you flag In the Name of the Father.
Finish Seekers of Adoulin until you flag Behind the Sluices and obtain Key ItemWaterway facility crank.

There is a couple of synergy between few missions where you can do one or more steps in the same trip but at the end of the day, its not like youre saving a considerably amount of time anyway.

It would be nice to unlock VW in the way for some more teleports, those are particularly useful at the very start of WotG missions, where you need to make your way to the home nations.

There is a couple of SoA missions that can be done by the same time of RoV missions so it would be a good idea starting the SoA part when you actually require it from RoV, so, leave that for last.

But do notice you gonna need to pass the imprimateur requirement for one of two SoA missions, so either have it done prior to the climb or you gonna need to spend some time building fame to reduce the amount of imprimateur required.

Also, make sure to have WHM at sub lv, grab a gate crystal so you can use teleport spells as there are quite a few cutscene by those shattered points. Pro-Tip, take each of those trips to beat one Promy zone so you can save a trip, at least.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-02 07:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
I remember someone made a guide on how to get Reisenjima access for alts in a simple step by step guide as fast and easily as posisble, anyone have the link to it?
It's my "notes"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-02 12:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only ever unlocked DRK twice (three times now!)

If I wanted to unlock a party of DRK, does each sword need 100 kills, or will 100 total kills with any of their swords get all unlocked. I think each person will have to kill their own 100... but the wikis actually don't say this directly.

Simply; If 6 99 wars wear chaosbringers, and one war kills 100 mobs, will all 6 unlock DRK

The answer is yeah, each character must kill their own 100 mobs. I took a party all wore the sword, one killed 111 mobs. Only the killer got the job.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-02 14:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to trade items to the Trainers to get one of 3 keys:
BB Cowbell A, B, &G

Most of the time they give you a New Years Gift (R/EX) that will give you a random buff.
Trainers can keep giving you items, but it may only be the New Years Gift. ( If you have a New Years Gift, it will tell you the NPC tried to give you one, but you can't hold it. )

Aside from the Keys, I got a Cait Sith Carving, Galette des Rois, and a few BB Ranch Milk.

I went to one of the holiday moogle vendors and bought a crap ton of "Crackers" 4g stacks to 99.
Went to a zone, traded like 10x crackers to each Trainer until I got something and then jumped to a different zone in a different region.
Got A from W.Saurta
Got B from Xardcabard
Got G from Zi'tah.

When you get all 3 trade them to Dabih Jajalioh Macchi Gazlitah Ru'Lude Gardens - (F-9) (The one by the Obelisk, thanks for the correction Seraphpdh) she'll give you the Buffalo item that you'll need to go trade to the Mapitoto (Mount NPC)

Hope this helps someone!
What's the position of the "Rancher" NPC in the 3 zones you mentioned?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-02 15:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Found em in the three zones, but there has to be sometwhing wrong, traded ~200 items in Xarcabard and still no Cowbell B °-°
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-01-02 15:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a big problem getting the last Cowbell. I got A from W.Saruta, G from Xarc and B from S.Gusta. I traded a TON of crackers to NPCs in Zitah, Kons and La Thiene with no results after I had the first two.

I think what I figured out was finding NPCs that all said different things. The first two zones had similar messages to what was being said in Zitah, Kons and La Thiene, but the Gustaburg NPCs had different dialogue options and that's where I ended up getting the last one.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-02 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same issue here, guess I'll try some different zones. So far Xarc and Qufim but no luck with Cowbell B.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-02 15:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, got Beta in South Gustaberg in a few trades, and indeed the rancher was giving me different chat messages. Thanks for the tip!
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-01-02 16:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

pluton/beitetsu/boulders are supposed to drop randomly from HTBs right? Not more of this or that mat from this or that fight right?

Every fight with leviathan VD, 2 pluton cases, 2 pluton cases, 2 pluton cases.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-03 08:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one. So uh, does Magic Def Bonus actually work and/or cap?

It seems like Magus roll doesn't do ***. Or maybe it's that, that's broken. If I understand it right ( I don't fully) getting a 30 MDB roll is equivalent to some amount of MDT and it sure as hell doesn't seem to do that. Not any hard evidence or anything just eyeballing magic damage still seems the samish even with magus roll (without taking about trying to evade said magic)

Now, obviously, I understand magic damage is "randomish" but

I guess if he has a thousand MAB... -32 is literally nothing, but isn't that unrealistic?

if this is the case, then GEO-Fend does jack ***as well
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-01-03 16:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only ever unlocked DRK twice (three times now!)

If I wanted to unlock a party of DRK, does each sword need 100 kills, or will 100 total kills with any of their swords get all unlocked. I think each person will have to kill their own 100... but the wikis actually don't say this directly.

Simply; If 6 99 wars wear chaosbringers, and one war kills 100 mobs, will all 6 unlock DRK

The answer is yeah, each character must kill their own 100 mobs. I took a party all wore the sword, one killed 111 mobs. Only the killer got the job.

That's interesting.

As an FYI for everyone, I was recently reminded when doing Apocalypse trials that for kill shot trials on magian stuff (Relic/Mythic upgrades from lv75, magian trials for things like TP bonus weapons), another player's kills DO count. I had a 75 Apoc with Catastophe kill shot trial, and brought out a friend who already has 119 Apoc. His Catastrophe kills gave me credit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-03 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ToM is all about the wording. Some work in team, some don't.

Kill shots, yeah. use weaponskill, nope.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-01-03 17:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

His Catastrophe kills gave me credit.

Been like that for quite some time. Helped a friend with Burtgang trials that way.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-03 18:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Just wondering if the Defending Ring dropping from Sov. Behemoth coffer is real, and if anyone have any perception if farming it from this route would be faster than spamming shanks.

Thanks in advance

Well, Im at 1536 coffers opened and no ring so far.

Surely its not worth farming this by the UNM. Its not worth farming the shanks either
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2021-01-03 20:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one. So uh, does Magic Def Bonus actually work and/or cap?

It seems like Magus roll doesn't do ***. Or maybe it's that, that's broken. If I understand it right ( I don't fully) getting a 30 MDB roll is equivalent to some amount of MDT and it sure as hell doesn't seem to do that. Not any hard evidence or anything just eyeballing magic damage still seems the samish even with magus roll (without taking about trying to evade said magic)

Now, obviously, I understand magic damage is "randomish" but

I guess if he has a thousand MAB... -32 is literally nothing, but isn't that unrealistic?

if this is the case, then GEO-Fend does jack ***as well

Maybe anecdotal but GEO-Fend from Idris GEO was game changing on Kyou's 25% and below phase (meteor spam). Made a huge difference.

Also,, I've noticed some funky things about that one Unity NM, the nukes can be ridiculous from it. And the resist rates could cause inconsistent results of course.
First Page 2 3 ... 682 683 684 ... 836 837 838