Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 681 682 683 ... 842 843 844
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-12-20 19:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere else: would even take a point to where I can find this info:

Exactly which stats on a weapon will function in the offhand? Attributes? Accuracy? Anything?

Thanks!
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-12-20 19:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Exactly which stats on a weapon will function in the offhand? Attributes? Accuracy? Anything?
Depends on the weapon. RMEA generally lose everything except damage/delay(empyreans keep the base stat, aeonics keep the store tp). TP bonus from aeonics or standard tp bonus weapons doesn't work in offhand, but TP bonus from magian tp bonus+1000 weapons does. Anything other than RMEA, unless it specifically says 'main hand:', will typically work in offhand.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-12-20 19:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere else: would even take a point to where I can find this info:

Thanks!

Tough question since sometimes it depends on the weapon.

For instance:
Relic Katana has tons of attack, but in the offhand it doesn't give you any.
Ambuscade weapons on the other hand, have lots of attack and accuracy, but those contribute to your stats when in offhand.

Then with TP bonus, nome of the Aeonics do anything in offhand for ya, but those TP bonus Magian ones will.

But it's not just a rule of REMA not giving anything, because Empyrean will give their high STR/DEX/ETC stats while in offhand. There's just no rhyme or reason that I've seen other than wrote memorization.
By Thunderjet 2020-12-21 01:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
Thunderjet said: »
How do you Bypass alex light magic evasion during zerg with smn'rs seems to be strong against volt strke spam#
What?
the damage was way to low when i joined a group, everything died much faster except alex we did astral's 2 times too

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-12-21 09:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I need new copy of the game to instal playonline and FFXI on laptop (I'm going to travel and want to have access to login for DM and silver vouchers)?
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-21 09:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No you should be able to install right from POL.com

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html

Having a SE account/active content ID is really how they gate it all. That link should work to install although I haven’t done a fresh install in a long while.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-21 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
No you should be able to install right from POL.com

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html

Having a SE account/active content ID is really how they gate it all. That link should work to install although I haven’t done a fresh install in a long while.

Thx, I will check it.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-12-22 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on an Escutcheon right now, after I get 100% Craftmanship and trade it to my Guild Master for the Craftsman's Crystal, it drops to a certain percentage below 100%. Do I need to level it back up to 100% before I synthesize the next level of shield?

Thanks in advance~
By Pantafernando 2020-12-22 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2020-12-23 23:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

since im returning im not 100% sure on all the crap i have is worth keeping around

so is it worth to keep these around

Svarga (GA)
Instigator (GA)
Ferocity (GA)
Macbain (GS)
Humility (GS)

Or can i safely toss em
I am currently building ukon and caladbolg
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-12-25 21:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is Arrapago Remnants the only salvage with a daily lockout?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-25 21:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause you got 2 extra alex in that zone so it was the ONLY one that was farmed, leading to that punishment

(Also slightly easier than the alternatives so it became the default)
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-27 20:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

here is a good question can undercutting get someone banned from the game?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-27 20:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if i shout my undercutted price for example. has anyone ever been banned for that?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 20:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course not

In an alternate reality where gms care, there's a non zero chance it could be harassment if you did it all the time
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-27 20:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Of course not

In an alternate reality where gms care, there's a non zero chance it could be harassment if you did it all the time
are you joeking with me.

what do you mean about the harassment thing are you being for real?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 21:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a reread is in order

Sylph.Kawar said: »
can undercutting get someone banned from the game?
Of course not

In an alternate reality where gms care, I could see it as harassment if it looked a certain kind of way, like yelling that you undercut the same persons price, right after them, on multiple occasions, etc
By Pantafernando 2020-12-28 01:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do notice, though, the more you get people to dislike you, more those people will be willing to get you reported for whatever reason.

Get a lot of reports, and im sure some GM will take a look on you, and eventually they can get other things that can put your account in risk.
By Rips 2020-12-30 09:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Do notice, though, the more you get people to dislike you, more those people will be willing to get you reported for whatever reason.

Get a lot of reports, and im sure some GM will take a look on you, and eventually they can get other things that can put your account in risk.

Agreed. That's why I feel that it's so important to be "nice" in this game and be the bigger person in altercations. You don't know how your mouth can come back and bite you.

------------------------------------------------------------

Random off-shoot question for anyone reading this. Has anybody seen those 6 BST's in Escha Zi'tah #2 running in and getting merits on Easy Farm? I've tracked them down to doing Garuda. I assume they're doing it over and over for the currency drops.

Can 6 BST's run VD or would they have to do D?? They're all geared the same - Valarous w/ decent augments + Skullrender/Charmer's Merlin. /DNC for healing, I guess.

I just can't see them surviving a VD without a dedicated healer. I want to know what their setup is.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-30 10:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

pet jobs proc white with every ready move used when she is using an ability, so 6 bst is plenty to lock vd into doing nothing.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-30 11:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been in at least three servers inthe last few years and i do notice a same setup of HTBF always cleaving on zitah for merits.

Normally a party of BLUx2, GEO, COR and other 2 jobs i dont remember.

Back when i spent like 2 weeks to get 14 chars to 99 for the first time, they were always running that cycle. All those chars with chinese name, running in zitah every other hour.

I think i saw same pattern in at least two servers
By Rips 2020-12-30 12:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
pet jobs proc white with every ready move used when she is using an ability, so 6 bst is plenty to lock vd into doing nothing.

Ohhhhhh snap.

Thank you.

I'll probably never do it though.
By Rips 2020-12-30 12:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ive been in at least three servers inthe last few years and i do notice a same setup of HTBF always cleaving on zitah for merits.

Normally a party of BLUx2, GEO, COR and other 2 jobs i dont remember.

Back when i spent like 2 weeks to get 14 chars to 99 for the first time, they were always running that cycle. All those chars with chinese name, running in zitah every other hour.

I think i saw same pattern in at least two servers

Where do you currently call home?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-30 13:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already know, don't count them I could do that.

How many quest quests are there. non roe. It's like ~1k yeah?
By Masunasu 2020-12-30 16:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Too lazy to do excel stuff but someone made a spreadsheet here if that gets you to an answer faster, can't vouch that it's 100% accurate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/541pip62b9oaak3/FFXI%20Master%20Quest%20Checklist.xlsx?dl=0
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-12-31 10:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminder: Chacharoon is giving away Silver Vouchers during the New Year's event. Trading him 10k will get you a New Year's Pouch containing 10k gil, and additionally, a Silver Voucher, once a day. The Pouch can only be opened by another character, but if you've got more than one or a friend who will swap with you, you get the 10k back.

That's in addition to the listed gifts to buy, which contain random REM rocks and crafting spheres.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-31 10:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
That's in addition to the listed gifts to buy, which contain random REM rocks and crafting spheres.

I assume your mule needs to be like 30 days old to get those? Otherwise it would be broken af.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-31 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

I assume your mule needs to be like 30 days old to get those? Otherwise it would be broken af.
Yeah, if it's not time gated like that, what's to stop everyone from creating mules just to get those random REM rocks and spheres on freshly hatched characters, then deleting them and recycle.
First Page 2 3 ... 681 682 683 ... 842 843 844