Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 836 837 838
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-14 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Sorry to quote my own post but I'm really not well versed in the whole FFXI math stuff so was hoping someone could help me out. I mean, They look better than Athos's for CDC since she doesn't have any other Athos's pieces for the set bonus: 2DEX and 5Acc vs. 12 Attack and 2 DA. For Blade: Hi I'm not sure cause it seems really close: 7STR and 1AGI vs. 1DEX, 12 Attack, and 2 DA. For THF I'm not sure, Assassin's Feet +2 seems better for Evis, but thinking Euxine Nails +3 for Rudra's but I have no idea if I'm right or not.

I'm not sure about if you get another athos piece but without, athos isn't that great, nails +3 pwns it.

I'm not really a good nin or thf so I'll let those questions be handled by others.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-14 11:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Shiva.Arana said: »
Is this rule ok for cure or is the midcast delay too low/high?
Code
<if spell="Cure*|Cura*">
            <equip when="precast" set="fc" />
                 <action type="MidcastDelay" delay=".4"/>
            	 <action type="equip" when="Midcast" set="cure" />
                 <action type="AftercastDelay" delay=".1"/>
		 <action type="equip" when="AfterCast" set="idle"/>
        </if>
Lag and your fastcast values will have a great deal to do with this working or not. Best way is to just test it, if you ever cure for less,(sans day or weather procs) then something isn't working right and you may need to adjust it.

At capped FC with light arts up though, you're probably gunna have a pretty small window, if you can get it to work at all, and in those cases, a small cast delay might help. Not too much as that defeats the purpose of fastcast but if a .1 or .3 can let you put full fastcast on it and still get full potency, then it's worth it.
Would that be a precast delay? Also this is for my mule and it's still kind of gimp so I've only got 45% fast cast.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-14 11:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Precast delay, delays your precast gear, that'll do the opposite of what you want.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-12-14 11:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Precast delay, delays your precast gear, that'll do the opposite of what you want.

I thought Precastdelay delayed the start of your spell to allow precast gear to be equipped in time.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-14 11:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cast delay delays your cast. This is an example:
Code xml
<CastDelay delay="0.3"/>
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-12-14 12:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, hmm. I always have precastdelay in my weaponskill and job ability rules lol. Not sure why now lol.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-14 12:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For a bit more info and to explain better:

Precast delay, delays the putting on of your precast gear by whatever number you put in seconds. To be quite honest... I can't think of any reason you'd want to use one were you wouldn't just specify the gearswap as midcast.

Midcast delay does the same but for midcast. This actually has a ton of uses and is probably one of the most frequently used delays. Utsu rules and such often use it to keep eva or spell interruption gear on longer.

Aftercast delay does the same but for aftercast. Often used for stuff that requires gear for a bit after. Like wyvern breath gear when using breath ja's.

Precast delaying your ws gear could very well make some of it not be put on fast enough to work on your ws. Might check that out.

Cast delay delays the action somewhat in relation to the gear swaps. So this lets the game have a bit more time to put gear on before an action. I've never had issues with needing to cast delay ws and other JA's but some people do so try it out.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-14 12:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a small question about avatars.Keep in mind i have them all beside the 2 you get at 75.anyway what i would like to know is what main city is each avatar quest from and sub towns what avatar.I just wanted to see something.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-14 12:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I have a small question about avatars.Keep in mind i have them all beside the 2 you get at 75.anyway what i would like to know is what main city is each avatar quest from and sub towns what avatar.I just wanted to see something.
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki
I'm sure you'll be able to figure that out pretty easily.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-14 13:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they shorten wait time between relic stages?
When I did Apoc last year, I was sure I picked up my stage3 earlier than I should've been able too.
Now it just happened again.
I went out a bit over 1hr too early to just wait there, and clicked the npc just to check.
Got my weapon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-12-14 13:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Whitegate for Alex / Odin too
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-14 13:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Bastok Titan
Sandoria Shiva
Rabao Garuda
Kazam Ifrit
Norg Leviathan
Mhaura Ramuh
Windurst Fenrir
Windurst Diabolos
Thank you i think i had my avatars set like this before the reset is why i asked.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-12-14 17:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For a bit more info and to explain better:

Precast delay, delays the putting on of your precast gear by whatever number you put in seconds. To be quite honest... I can't think of any reason you'd want to use one were you wouldn't just specify the gearswap as midcast.

Midcast delay does the same but for midcast. This actually has a ton of uses and is probably one of the most frequently used delays. Utsu rules and such often use it to keep eva or spell interruption gear on longer.

Aftercast delay does the same but for aftercast. Often used for stuff that requires gear for a bit after. Like wyvern breath gear when using breath ja's.

Precast delaying your ws gear could very well make some of it not be put on fast enough to work on your ws. Might check that out.

Cast delay delays the action somewhat in relation to the gear swaps. So this lets the game have a bit more time to put gear on before an action. I've never had issues with needing to cast delay ws and other JA's but some people do so try it out.

Out of curiosity and a /tell from a friend I had to test it out lol. So I changed my precastdelay to 5.5 in my Nether Void rule (<precastdelay delay="5.5" />). The gear swapped immediately when I hit the macro. The ability was only used 5.5 seconds later. So it seems that and castdelay do the same thing.
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-12-14 17:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo I want to dual/triple box on one computer. If I go and buy a second steam FFXI abyssea collection will I get new codes for another account. Also are there any good progams a person can use to help dualbox on a single computer with one monitor?

Another thing is it safe to use the same credit card for 2 accounts at once to buy crysta?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-14 17:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have more or less always had atleast 2 accounts active since way before 80 cap using the same card, never any issues.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-14 17:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you buy abyssea collection you get another code. Windower or I believe ashira(spelling?). I have 6 accounts on my 1 SE account and pay for all the crysta on it at once.

Edit: fair warning back in the day they used to ban based on credit cards, no idea if they still do. If you are expecting on getting your main banned any time soon, might want them separate. If not expecting to get banned, absolutely no worry about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-12-14 18:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick answers guys. Now to just go through the hell of messing with that awful account management page.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-14 18:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Out of curiosity and a /tell from a friend I had to test it out lol. So I changed my precastdelay to 5.5 in my Nether Void rule (<precastdelay delay="5.5" />). The gear swapped immediately when I hit the macro. The ability was only used 5.5 seconds later. So it seems that and castdelay do the same thing.

I tried it out as well, strange that it works like that.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-12-14 19:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Sooo I want to dual/triple box on one computer. If I go and buy a second steam FFXI abyssea collection will I get new codes for another account. Also are there any good progams a person can use to help dualbox on a single computer with one monitor?

Another thing is it safe to use the same credit card for 2 accounts at once to buy crysta?
SwitchMon
Let's you switch between windower instances with the push of a button. Easy to set up.
[+]
 Valefor.Exalius
Server: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2012-12-14 19:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Exalius said: »
When you get your chocobo whistle, do the stats of the chocobo automatically update when they get stronger? (For example my chocobo is currently at 'Better than Average' for SPD and STA and I will be getting my whistle. When it eventually changes to First Class, will it be First Class speed when I call it or do I need another whistle to update the changes?)
Just for curiosity's sake.
Bump de bump~
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-14 19:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get your chocobo whistle, do the stats of the chocobo automatically update when they get stronger? (For example my chocobo is currently at 'Better than Average' for SPD and STA and I will be getting my whistle. When it eventually changes to First Class, will it be First Class speed when I call it or do I need another whistle to update the changes?)
Bump de bump~
IIRC, it updates with the new whistle charges.
 Valefor.Exalius
Server: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2012-12-14 19:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Bump de bump~
IIRC, it updates with the new whistle charges.
Thank you, good sir. :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-15 15:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Did they shorten wait time between relic stages?
When I did Apoc last year, I was sure I picked up my stage3 earlier than I should've been able too. (unless the 1 week wait means jp midnight that day?)
Now it just happened again.
I went out a bit over 1hr too early to just wait there, and clicked the npc just to check.
Got my weapon.

Bump this
By Blazed1979 2012-12-16 03:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they nerf retaliation so that you can't get skill ups from counter attacks anymore? I remember capping staff in a little less than 2 hours in altepa on mandies, I've been using food for the past 3 hours and have only gained 36 skills.
 Siren.Renavi
Server: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-12-16 04:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Did they nerf retaliation so that you can't get skill ups from counter attacks anymore? I remember capping staff in a little less than 2 hours in altepa on mandies, I've been using food for the past 3 hours and have only gained 36 skills.

Pretty sure they did.
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-16 04:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked around a bit and couldn't find an answer to this... so:

I deactivated my security token a while ago because I lost it and didn't really care to talk to customer support to see if I could get a replacement or something. Is there any way I can get a new one (I guess I don't mind paying for another) on the same account or am I kinda screwed?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-16 05:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

They might have nerfed skillup rate a little, but retaliation skillups sure works.
Counter from MNK and \MNK however, does not.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-16 06:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
I looked around a bit and couldn't find an answer to this... so:

I deactivated my security token a while ago because I lost it and didn't really care to talk to customer support to see if I could get a replacement or something. Is there any way I can get a new one (I guess I don't mind paying for another) on the same account or am I kinda screwed?
you can get another one.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 836 837 838