Yellow !! Does Not Improve +2 Drop On Briareus ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Yellow !! does not improve +2 drop on Briareus ?
Yellow !! does not improve +2 drop on Briareus ?
First Page 2 3 4
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-23 04:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So today my LS leader informed me that triggering yellow !! did not help on +2 drops that the nm only drop 1 off

Like with Briareus the +2's should only be affected by treasure hunter

apparently the information steams from a BST soloing Briareus for his +2 items.

Anyone that cant confirm that ?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-23 04:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it does, as none of them are 100%, but that's just eyeballing from 10-20 kills after that update.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Server: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-23 04:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

of course yellow helps drops... it only guarentees a drop on certain NMs though. briareus doesnt happen to be one of those.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-23 04:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For the Visions NMs dropping +2 stuff, there seems to be a common one that drops frequently with TH, and an uncommon one that requires yellow to drop frequently.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2012-02-23 04:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Of all the Briareus i have done, so far he never drops more than one JoV and SoV. Yellow helps for the jewels to drop, but i never expect more than one of each.
 Quetzalcoatl.Antz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antz
By Quetzalcoatl.Antz 2012-02-23 04:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

From the 2 Emps done through Bria, always got Jewel w/ just TH, needed yellow to get the stone tho. He only drops 1 of each max.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-02-23 04:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup Sylow is correct. If i remember the +2 item on bri that drops frequently with just th is the stone and the jewel seems to need yellow !! Again neither are 100%. To answer your question again, yes yellow does help.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-02-23 05:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience, the jewels will most likely drop without yellow (probably increased with treasure hunter), but you won't see the stones if you don't proc. Seems to me most of the force pop NMs they later added +2 items to have this system, one common and one rare or proc only. The timed spawn NMs (Ovni, Turul, ironclads, etc.) seem to only be affected by treasure hunter in my opinion. I've proced yellow and only gotten one and not proced and gotten both. Not sure on VNMs, don't fight them often and usually proc yellow if I do. I can't recall ever getting a stone off Briareus without yellow, no coins from Carabosse, no cards from Glavoid, no coins from Chloris, but saw their other drop usually 80% of the time with only TH8+. This doesn't mean it's most definitely how it works, but it's what I've experienced with these and other NMs while farming Empys. Hope it helps some. :)

Edit: Sylow beat me while I was typing and said it much simpler than me, haha.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-02-23 05:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
For the Visions NMs dropping +2 stuff, there seems to be a common one that drops frequently with TH, and an uncommon one that requires yellow to drop frequently.

Do yellows seem to help on getting the common on also ?

To my own eyeballing yellow!! helped alot on getting +2's one more than the other. which is why im having a hard time believe the bst's information.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-23 05:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On Visions forced spawned NMs, one drop is guaranteed with yellow and the other has a set drop rate affected by Treasure Hunter (and not yellow). It works the same way in Scars with the Ardor drops.
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2012-02-23 05:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

One item is effected by TH the other is by yellow !!

So if you are just procing yellow !! w/o TH you will get 1 more often sometimes both.

If you are just using TH w/o yellow !! you will get the other more often and RARELY see the item the !! drops.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-23 05:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
RARELY.

So incredibly rarely. I had to go pop a Sedna to finsish my Cor+2 feet after doing 50 Carabosse Gems.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-23 05:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So rarely that it will never happen.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-23 05:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly wasn't sure if it was impossible for the yellow-linked one to drop without yellow.
 Siren.Entrerie
Server: Siren
By Siren.Entrerie 2012-02-23 05:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In all my experiences I have soloed almost all my +2 for all my jobs and on all the mobs that only drop one +2 items yellow has never proved a factor in drop rates. Now if you are killing and procing a mob that drops multiple of that item then i believe yellow does help.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-02-23 06:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience on helping out doing empy items, (and having max TH on my THF), Jewels are pretty common and usually drop at least one even without yellow.

However I have never seen a Stone of Voyage drop without a yellow proc, and even with a yellow proc its not 100%
TH will always help you a little bit, and you will get +2 items, but Yellow definitely helps you to get more Jewels and a Stone.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-23 18:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
and even with a yellow proc its not 100%

Yes it is. Unless you're careless and trigger it twice.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-02-23 19:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience of getting 18 ardor off of ironclad severer i would have to agree with the op's friend. it does not seem (i realize thats an assumption, but this is just my own experience, don't get your panties in a bunch, i can state what i've experienced, right or wrong) to.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-23 19:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) Ironclad Severer only drops Wieldance items
2.) I'm not sure how the Scars ironclads work with yellow, but they work differently from the visions NMs, because both +2 items will drop at equal frequency with TH only.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-02-23 19:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
RARELY.

So incredibly rarely. I had to go pop a Sedna to finsish my Cor+2 feet after doing 50 Carabosse Gems.

Sylow has it right. I don't see the 2nd +2 piece drop w/o a yellow proc. This is on empy NM's in latheine and tah. I can't speak for kon. But i've farmed 9+ empy since the +2 update. In latheine and tah, i've only seen and 2nd +2 w/ a yellow proc. I'd assume the common drop is more common than a 2nd empy piece. This is with TH7+.

On something like sobek, i don't see ardor cards w/o yellow. Ardor stones are common w/o yellow.

As for ironclads that drop +2. I have seen both drop w/o yellow. This i am certain of.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-02-23 19:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

2.) I'm not sure how the Scars ironclads work with yellow, but they work differently from the visions NMs, because both +2 items will drop at equal frequency with TH only.

1) Incorrect

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ironclad_Severer

Jewel of Ardor. Would solo with my blm for blm +2 body, along with getting my mules. I found /thf worked better than procing yellow.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-23 19:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Forced spawned NMs have a yellow-triggered drop. Pre-spawned NMs do not.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-23 20:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The way yellow works on these is they have a common drop w/o it, and one with it
For cara card is common drop
Proc yellow and it shifts to the other
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-23 20:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently just did 100 carabosse's gems and only ever saw the coin if we got yellow. No amount of TH made it drop if there was no proc. Sometimes (rarely) we'd proc and it wouldn't drop, though. Maybe it was just our luck. Card dropped almost every fight, though.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-23 20:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only speak for Carabosse. One of her drops was just based on TH, the other was a grellow proc drop only. Me and a friend spammed her for 2 Armageddons and she only dropped the +2 item for COR feet when we happen to be able to get the grellow. The other item we saw almost every battle. Whether or not this holds true for other NMs, I have no idea.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-02-23 20:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

All NMs in Highlands, canyon, and Plateau that drop +2 items are NOT effected by yellow for increased drops, it is all based on luck or your TH if you have it.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-23 20:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
One of her drops was just based on TH, the other was a grellow proc drop only.

This is true for all force popped NMs.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-23 20:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
All NMs in Highlands, canyon, and Plateau that drop +2 items are NOT eaffected by yellow for increased drops, it is all one drop is based on luck or your TH if you have it, the other is exclusively determined by yellow.

Why do people spread such complete ***? Go away, seriously.

I fixed the post for you.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-23 20:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
All NMs in Highlands, canyon, and Plateau that drop +2 items are NOT effected by yellow for increased drops, it is all based on luck or your TH if you have it.

Why do people spread such complete ***? Go away, seriously.

You can make things that normally depend on yellow drop without it by setting CHR atmas.
First Page 2 3 4