Yellow !! Does Not Improve +2 Drop On Briareus ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Yellow !! does not improve +2 drop on Briareus ?
Yellow !! does not improve +2 drop on Briareus ?
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2012-02-24 13:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure if this falls into the same catagory, (though it is a vision's NM that had 1 each of 2 +2 pieces added to it) but I am 100% sure Ovni can drop both his +2 pieces without a yellow proc or any TH. I will say after reading this thread and thinking back, one did seem to drop more often and the other to be helped yellow sounds about right maybe
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-02-24 14:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Keman said: »
I am not sure if this falls into the same catagory, (though it is a vision's NM that had 1 each of 2 +2 pieces added to it) but I am 100% sure Ovni can drop both his +2 pieces without a yellow proc or any TH. I will say after reading this thread and thinking back, one did seem to drop more often and the other to be helped yellow sounds about right maybe

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28949/yellow-does-not-improve-2-drop-on-briareus/2/

10 or so posts down
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2012-02-24 14:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ah thank you very much, not sure how I missed that
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-04 01:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a feedback

I went helped the ls leader kill hi cara faster. Since he didn't need the coins of voyage and i could use them.
he said he didn't wanted to trigger yellow on it. i was fine with that (hard nothing really to do otherwise and it was his two popsets)

Cara drops no coins both time but card each time.

He is now convinced that you need yellow for the coin to drops.

Not disliking that he agreed i was right when he said so, but i am really amazed that 2 kills is enough to convince a person about how a random function with several factors (TH and yellow + unknown droprate) works.... 2 kills.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-04 02:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I dual boxed about 50 gems for my 2nd emp off of cara, I did it as Mnk and Whm. There were times I'd be lucky and get card and if it was lightning, light or darksday occassionally i'd be able to proc yellow, now without yellow I NEVER EVER saw a coin off of it, But I did see cards enough to make me +2 nin and bst feet and help out a couple of people who came along from time to time on theres. Only reason I was able to do my monk feet off of cara was getting lucky with yellow procs and even with yellow I saw times none dropped or only coin dropped from YELLOW.

In the case of briarius I dual boxed that thf and whm and saw at least 21 jewels of voyage drop, enough to cap my mule on thf, whm and brd +2 feet. If I saw stones of voyage I believe I randomly had someone to get yellow but I honestly don't remember cause it would of been during my first few kills in october before I took a break.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-04 06:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Just a feedback

I went helped the ls leader kill hi cara faster. Since he didn't need the coins of voyage and i could use them.
he said he didn't wanted to trigger yellow on it. i was fine with that (hard nothing really to do otherwise and it was his two popsets)

Cara drops no coins both time but card each time.

He is now convinced that you need yellow for the coin to drops.

Not disliking that he agreed i was right when he said so, but i am really amazed that 2 kills is enough to convince a person about how a random function with several factors (TH and yellow + unknown droprate) works.... 2 kills.

Sounds like your LS leader is a *** genius.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-04 07:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Sounds like your LS leader is a *** genius.
This is our leader!
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-03-04 07:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evildemon said: »
I dual boxed about 50 gems for my 2nd emp off of cara, I did it as Mnk and Whm. There were times I'd be lucky and get card and if it was lightning, light or darksday occassionally i'd be able to proc yellow, now without yellow I NEVER EVER saw a coin off of it, But I did see cards enough to make me +2 nin and bst feet and help out a couple of people who came along from time to time on theres. Only reason I was able to do my monk feet off of cara was getting lucky with yellow procs and even with yellow I saw times none dropped or only coin dropped from YELLOW.

In the case of briarius I dual boxed that thf and whm and saw at least 21 jewels of voyage drop, enough to cap my mule on thf, whm and brd +2 feet. If I saw stones of voyage I believe I randomly had someone to get yellow but I honestly don't remember cause it would of been during my first few kills in october before I took a break.

Same but did it Nin/drk with my whm mule. 100+ dual boxing and really only saw coins on the times i proc yellow w/o any TH.