First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-15 23:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said: »
Anyone notice any strange changes to NI?
Fixed the link

Here's the first post on the issue, read from there. Lots of unknowns atm until people have tested.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-05-15 23:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks man, too much to sift through... Gotta love how SE stealthily made the change to lamps...
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-15 23:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For the lazy:

Belkin said:
Results of testing: After tweaking the .xml that goes into POLUtil everything is fine. We only had a small sample size of lamp floors, however. Got order once, was fine; they were correctly labeled 1-4. Got Code twice and lamp was labeled as such (Lamp 1). And then got Same Time and they were still labeled appropriately. And for those wondering wtf "appropriately labeled" means on a same time floor -- it means that the dummy lamps haven't interjected themselves to throw people off. Again, a small sample size, especially for order where it counts the most, but it's a start. Doing one more run. I'll post an update if anything changes.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2012-05-15 23:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrmmmm, wonder what was the tweak done....
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-15 23:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me a few seconds to get this information from the posted topic.

Byrthnoth said:
You just rename the 5 lamps top-to-bottom with new numbers. I uploaded a changeset xml with these adjustments almost immediately after the update (to my pastebin, which is in my sig). If you don't know how to use it, check the guide (in my pastebin, which is in my sig).
Here is the Pastebin.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-05-17 11:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

NI 5/12 right?
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2012-05-19 07:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sad you have to cheat to win this event. I gave up on this thing real quick after experiencing the random BS. Seriously SE fix this crappy event. Nyzul Isle used to be good. Then you pull this crap. I swear sometimes. Maybe people would not likely cheat if it was doable with actual skill.
[+]
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-06-10 07:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I had my first experience with nyzul v2 yesterday and didnt go that well, this is what happened:
Did 2 runs and got to 47 and 39 respectively, setups were DRK X2 SAM WAR SCH X2 and we did the usual, as we zoned in, 1 sch embrava up while the other regenga and go to town but what killed us were the pick up ppl, ill explain.

In kill all floors i had the pick up guy follow me (i was sch), this same drk was wasting time also opening chests x.x and of course, had deaths in the first run, was a bit messy.

Had bad luck with jumps as well, in the 2nd run we were having jumps of 3 floors almost every time with lots of kill all on huge maps and of course lamps, we had like 5 floors of lamps, bad luck i guess :<

Any input in here? i was using chat voice with the other sch and the sam but the rest of the ppl refused to use it which i think slowed us also :<

thanks in advance.

(the sam, war and me had lamps modded and were using wireframe if that helps)

edit: i got a friend in-game give me several tips, just want to know what others think/if im missing something.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-10 07:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

most people use lamp dat swaps and fillmode at the very least for a decent winrate.. beyond that lady luck be kind!

some people have a sch do aoe enthunder and make sure youre doing perp hastes on everybody, voice chat for your whole group cant hurt and I wouldnt go with pickups.. find some dedicated people, get to know eachother and if youre all halfway decent you'll get a win sooner rather than later with the right jumps/floors/luck
 Phoenix.Ragmar
Server: Phoenix
user: Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2012-06-10 07:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Team speak/Vent/Skype are very useful for quick hands free communication. I would highly suggest building a perma group rather than trying to add randoms to fill out. As long as your main SCH has 500~ enhancing and is a solid healer, your 4 DD are competent and well geared (relic/empy, proper haste/WS builds - Not perfect gear just solid good sets) you should be able to clear 25-33% of your runs depending on jumps/restricted floors. From my personal experience farming my 15/15 and selling many pieces on top of that, SCH is the single most important job in this event. We have won with a variety of players on DD and even with jobs like COR replacing one of the DD. But we have yet to clear even once without our best SCH.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-06-10 07:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

xenomasterkenshin said: »
I had my first experience with nyzul v2 yesterday and didnt go that well, this is what happened:
Did 2 runs and got to 47 and 39 respectively, setups were DRK X2 SAM WAR SCH X2 and we did the usual, as we zoned in, 1 sch embrava up while the other regenga and go to town but what killed us were the pick up ppl, ill explain.

In kill all floors i had the pick up guy follow me (i was sch), this same drk was wasting time also opening chests x.x and of course, had deaths in the first run, was a bit messy.

Had bad luck with jumps as well, in the 2nd run we were having jumps of 3 floors almost every time with lots of kill all on huge maps and of course lamps, we had like 5 floors of lamps, bad luck i guess :<

Any input in here? i was using chat voice with the other sch and the sam but the rest of the ppl refused to use it which i think slowed us also :<

thanks in advance.

(the sam, war and me had lamps modded and were using wireframe if that helps)

edit: i got a friend in-game give me several tips, just want to know what others think/if im missing something.

Voice chat isn't make or break IMO, it's nice to have, but if you're not clearing at least 16~18+ floors, then you need to work on team work a lot more. There are pts clear F100 without voice chat all the time. Did you record how many floor clears you have?

If your pt is new, can aim for 16~17 floor clear first(this is the bare minimum acceptable floor clear with avg new pt), if you can get 18~20 clears you can clear over 50% of time.

Make sure you bring 5+ powder boots and rotate them, pop them whenever you can, the more you flee aggressively, the more floor you can clear. 1 enemy/lamp you must pop flee, kill all if you run into dead end and need to get to the other side you can pop flee too. If pt member found leader mob, make sure he call for help so everyone knows where it is.(I'm assuming pt doesn't use radar and such) IMO, trying to keep flee up as much as possible makes bigger difference than job setup/super elite gear etc. Also all your DDs need movement speed+.

You can get x2 body boost+ sprinter by getting them from chest, use it in the lobby, then get them again. Having sprinter on first floor helps a bit, and full time body boost helps survive-ability.

Did your SCH precharge JA on previous floors before they embrava? Are they keeping track of embrava timer and re-embrava on right time? If embrava wears mid-fight ppl may die, so it's better to keep track with timers. Did SCH keep regen/enthunder etc up? Your SCH needs to be skilled and pay attention.

Also pt need to be decisive about popping fana/fool, sometimes saving them for floor boss isn't necessary the best. Sometimes on regular floor, when you aggro multiple mobs/NMs without SCH around, DDs die really fast even with embrava. It's better to just pop fana or fool(depending on mob type) so you won't die. On the other hand floor bosses you usually have 2x healer, and F100 boss isn't that bad, so you don't really need fana for it. It's pretty important to avoid death at all costs, anyone die or d/c during the run will lose embrava.

Last but not least, your DD can't be too gimp, DRK needs resolution, WAR needs Ukko and such. Make sure have only 1 DD on fodder mob, 2 DD on NM type mob, all fodder mob should die in 1~2 WS.

I suggest you to get static member instead of just /shout to fill up the spot. Sometimes if you can't clear, you just need more practice, after a few runs ppl will starting to get used to it and get better.
[+]
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-06-10 08:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah SCHs had precharged strats, basically once we popped in the 1st floor, embrava and regen was applied very fast and i was roaming with the DDs doing perp/haste on em all.

Gonna try to build a static with friends because as you all said, shouting for a last member wont work as i saw yesterday, need some experience.

Well thanks for the responses, just gonna get more experience with it on a friend group, hope i can form it up (since my friends in-game have really really bad schedules).
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-15 12:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello I have a question. I'm looking into doing neo nyzul and I dont have a relic/mythic/emp for a DD and I see SCH get brought up all the time in /sh with 500 idk if thats skill they need but what does a sch need to have to do neo nyzul if you can help me out thanks.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-15 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Enhancing 500+ (500+ is ideal... though 400-420+ works well too) and Embrava are what you need to be desirable to a group.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-15 12:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're pretty much fine if you have over 436 enhancing which is easy to get.
By Ophannus 2012-06-15 12:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone with many wins in Nyzul I'd have to say a Almace BLU/WAR is invaluable. Don't get me wrong, a DRK/SAM with resolution is probably a better DD, but having a BLU helps more in the long run.

1) Statistically speaking, you will eventually run into floors with "Weapon Skills Restricted" which is a floor where BLU shines because their spells still do 2-4k damage.

2) Cardamom Custard. Although your DRKs can use Twiligth Scythe, it's still slower than a BLU/WAR using Requiscat. BLU's Requiescat was doing 3-5k on Cardamom Custard while Ukkos/Stardiver/Catastrophe/Resolution were doing 300-600.

3) If you're going with 4 DDs and 2 SCH you likely won't have a Sleepga and it's a pain in the *** as a SCH to switch from Add:White to Dark Arts to Sleepga adds on something like a lamp floor or a leader floor where everyone carlessly runs past mobs to get to the leader more quickly. A BLU can easily Dreamflower aggro/links that would otherwise kill or cripple your party(i.e Waraxe Beak and other NMs).

4) Sudden Lunge is invaluable on Leaders, especially Custards that can Amorphic Spikes a DD and deal upwards of 2.5k+ or Chariots that like to spam aoe Para. It's super awesome again on Abject, the one that uses Unbridled Learning spells, as he can Tourbillion your DDs for 2k+ or do other nasty abilities.

5) CDC->Amorphic Spikes does ape ***damage, like a 3k CDC into a 4.5k Amorphic for like almost a 5k Darkness for practically 12-13k damage in 3 seconds. On things like a Chariot boss or a random Genbu, this could prove as a massive time saver.

6) Honestly a BLU with multi hit gear(Thaumas Coat/Eponas etc) and /WAR with Embrava hits extremely fast, DA/TA/QA all over the place and CDC is extremely compettive on weak mobs with Cata/Reso/Star. Hell our BLU's CDC does consistant 2-2.8k which is right up there with our heavy DDs WS(although of course the 2h jobs spike higher).

7) Winds of Promyvion saves a Cleric's Drink/Accession Erase for things like Bindga.

8) White Wind is useful for healing.

9) Whirl of Rage is amazing when there's a cluster of weak mobs around the BLU on an "All Enemies" floor as the spell does 1.2-1.4k AoE and inflicts stun.

Additionally, having a SAM is also extremely helpful. Although we have a DRG with us, our SAM uses Tachi: Ageha on 20/40/60/80/100 bosses because it inflicts a -30% Defense Down which stacks with Dia II which helps. Especially on floor 100 boss if we've used temps on an unlucky Floor 80 boss(we use fanatics and temps on floor 80 since he needs to die before he charms or dooms people).

-AoE En-spell adds *TREMENDOUS* damage over 30min, talking like 15-20k damage when you combine everyone's DoT. I think last time I parsed it, Enspell adds 6-7k damage to everyone's total damage and that's not counting the damage that wasn't recorded in my log due to me being out of range of everyone else, hell even my Wyvern was hitting for an extra 30 damage per hit with Enspell on. I find the en-damage would help more than AoE adloquiem which only gives everyone 150TP over 1.5min roughly since people usually TP overflow with Embrava and weak mobs anyway.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-15 12:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks for the info I will have to see about that SCH.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-15 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ageha isn't useful anymore.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-21 16:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else has d/c problems latly in NeoNyzul?

We had 4 ppl POL freeze at floor 85 with 10 min left D: next run 3 d/c at floor 1 and 2 (both SCH) of those d/ced right away again after beeing back in game :/
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-21 16:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Qiqirn floor?
It's probably a .dat issue.
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-06-21 16:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is using any type of speed mods there are speed traps in Nyzul now.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-21 16:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sevvy said: »

What do you call speed mods?
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-06-21 16:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious (not like, "prove it!") do you remember where you read that?
By Gimpness 2012-06-21 16:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Anyone else has d/c problems latly in NeoNyzul?

We had 4 ppl POL freeze at floor 85 with 10 min left D: next run 3 d/c at floor 1 and 2 (both SCH) of those d/ced right away again after beeing back in game :/

My mule did 3 times in one run, (one on a code floor of all things...) but I didn't... both on the same pc etc. So I have no idea what's going on with that :x
 Cerberus.Aeil
user: aeil
By Cerberus.Aeil 2012-06-21 16:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

heh this reminds me of a joke, edited it to fit subject:

One day, Aeil comes flying through Nyzul with +50% movement speed, when a Gm at the end of a hallways clocks him, and warps him to jail, where the following conversation ensued:

{GM}Banstick: Greetings, Aeil. Do you have any idea why I warped you to jail today?

Aeil: Probably because I was speeding.

{GM}Banstick: Is there any reason you were traveling so fast today?

Aeil: Yes sir, I'm late for an appointment.

{GM}Banstick: And what is it that you do, monk Aeil, of Cerberus?

Aeil: I'm a rectum stretcher?

{GM}Banstick: A rectum stretcher? What is that?

Aeil: Well, a client will come to me seeking my services. I first install a small stretching device in their rectum, and a few weeks later, they come back and I install a larger one, until I finish up with a 6' stretching device.

{GM}Banstick: What the hell do you do with a 6' ***?

Aeil: Give them fancy armor, stick a {GM} symbol next to their name, and stick them in nyzul isle with a radar gun.

{GM}Banstick: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit* corrected rectrum typo x2. Idk how i missed that :O
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-06-21 16:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arkista said: »
Hello I have a question. I'm looking into doing neo nyzul and I dont have a relic/mythic/emp for a DD and I see SCH get brought up all the time in /sh with 500 idk if thats skill they need but what does a sch need to have to do neo nyzul if you can help me out thanks.
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Enhancing 500+ (500+ is ideal... though 400-420+ works well too) and Embrava are what you need to be desirable to a group.
You need at least 420 for capped magic haste with haste (the spell) and embrava I thought. That and I mean... with capped enhancing at like 350-something, light arts, and 8 merits you're already at 420, so there's no reason not to have *at least* 420 ;x.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-21 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aeil said: »

One day, Aeil comes flying through Nyzul with +50% movement speed, when a Gm at the end of a hallways clocks him, and warps him to jail, where the following conversation ensued:

{GM}Banstick: Greetings, Aeil. Do you have any idea why I warped you to jail today?

Aeil: I'm a rectrum stretcher?

{GM}Banstick: A rectrum stretcher? What is that?

Aeil: Well, a client will come to me seeking my services. I first install a small stretching device in their rectum, and a few weeks later, they come back and I install a larger one, until I finish up with a 6' stretching device.

Aeil: Give them fancy armor, stick a {GM} symbol next to their name, and stick them in nyzul isle with a radar gun.

Hahahahahaha..
 Cerberus.Blackpain
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-06-30 18:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aeil said: »

Aeil: I'm a rectum stretcher?

{GM}Banstick: A rectum stretcher? What is that?

Edit* corrected rectrum typo x2. Idk how i missed that :O

Out of all the dumb ***in this current topic this is by far the MOST USEFUL post in here. I was in need for a good laugh and Aeil provided it.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17