Nyzul Isle : Uncharted
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-08-29 00:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone direct me to the most current Lamp .dat for NNI?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-10-01 10:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DNE

They are entirely random. Not a complete run killer, but a SEVERE setback. If you get more than two, your run is essentially over.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-23 15:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

With incoming Embrava nerf, what are your thoughts on ideal party setups?

I haven't put a lot of thought in to it, but here's a few setups I thought might work well.

SCH, COR, BLU, 2hand DDx3
SCH, BRD, DNC, MNKx3
SCH, BRD, BLU, MNKx3

Haven't thought much about it so keep trolling/flaming to a minimum =D
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-23 15:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH x1 BLU x2 Heavy DD x1 COR x1 BRD x1. That's all I can really see happening. Cor must have last stand, exent, and wildfire. Blu must have almace and requisit or wtf however you spell it.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-23 16:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We have taken a brd with us but the casting time and short song duration is just far from ideal. Cor i would think the same issue with rerolls and busts. At least cor offers sore regain and can dd to an extent. Dnc offers nothing besides convenient sneaks and movement speed. Honestly embrava is still going to be your goto but being nerfed duration you'd have to have the embrava sch do nothing but stay locked. Its all just theoretical atm because i doubt the nerf will be as severe when it goes live.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-10-23 16:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
We have taken a brd with us but the casting time and short song duration is just far from ideal. Cor i would think the same issue with rerolls and busts. At least cor offers sore regain and can dd to an extent. Dnc offers nothing besides convenient sneaks and movement speed. Honestly embrava is still going to be your goto but being nerfed duration you'd have to have the embrava sch do nothing but stay locked. Its all just theoretical atm because i doubt the nerf will be as severe when it goes live.

If it goes live as intended as per the changes in the test server, Embrava will essentially be useless. No tp regain at all really kills it for nyzul uses, no?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-23 16:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH BRD DD DD DD DD

SCH handles rune while TR is up, otherwise the BRD stays at the rune. If BRD casting time is an issue, get a better BRD. Don't bring a COR. "DD" encompasses BLU, WAR, MNK, DRK, etc, basically the DDs you'd bring right now with slightly greater priority given to self-sufficiency.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-23 16:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not? They don't have to sit there and roll an 11 ya know. Or maybe I just hate bard alot.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-23 16:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Minimal AoE damage capacity, not self-sufficient, and rolls take time even if handled conservatively. You lose much more than you gain.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-23 16:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Minimal AoE damage capacity, not self-sufficient, and rolls take time even if handled conservatively. You lose much more than you gain.
If you're aiming for an 11 evertime. I understand brd just casts songs and walla, buffs are there, but I was under the impression that you would only aim for an 11 if you got 5+5 or 5+4 and you snake eye it. Only time it actually pays to get up 11's, is in a zerg to me. But what I was saying is, how do you value march x2 vs A job that can do well on fodder mobs, flee across the map, has wildfire, and can sleep if needed, while tossing on regain to your other DD. I do understand why you feel brd would be better though, just getting thoughts.
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-10-23 17:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the old setup still work? You're still going to have the 150+ Regen and capped magic haste if your sch is casting haste as well. Right? Or did they remove the Regen?
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-23 17:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking DNC, because it's a great DD when there's no, or very little regain. If BRD is camping, SCH can follow 2 DD while DNC goes with the other DD for support heals.

Same with a BLU.

With the lack of regain from Embrava, I think jobs that don't rely as much on WS damage (DNC, BLU, MNK) will be a lot more competitive.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-23 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

***DNC has a use now and I'm done with the event.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-23 17:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
Wouldn't the old setup still work? You're still going to have the 150+ Regen and capped magic haste if your sch is casting haste as well. Right? Or did they remove the Regen?
You wouldn't have capped magical haste. 25+10 is only 35 out of 43.5 or somewhere near that. Additionally, the duration was destroyed it's now 90 seconds rather than 5 minutes.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-23 17:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For 3.75mins.. yay!
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-23 17:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai, 5 hit masa :D or stardiver haha.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-10-23 17:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »

For 3.75mins.. yay!

Totally *** up basic thought patterns when I read 90 seconds...
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-23 17:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
If you're aiming for an 11 evertime. I understand brd just casts songs and walla, buffs are there, but I was under the impression that you would only aim for an 11 if you got 5+5 or 5+4 and you snake eye it. Only time it actually pays to get up 11's, is in a zerg to me. But what I was saying is, how do you value march x2 vs A job that can do well on fodder mobs, flee across the map, has wildfire, and can sleep if needed, while tossing on regain to your other DD. I do understand why you feel brd would be better though, just getting thoughts.
I think it depends on your group setup. That's why I was saying COR if you are rolling with heavy DD, but BRD if you are rolling with dual wield jobs. On my monk, I'd much rather have a bard than COR, but as WAR, I'd much rather have a COR.

And would a SCH be able to hump the teleport the whole time to keep Tabula Rasa on?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-23 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
And would a SCH be able to hump the teleport the whole time to keep Tabula Rasa on?
You cannot lock on the rune until the floor is cleared. You'd have to go find another lamp or chest or something.

Edit: Generally not viable as the sch needs to be able to go up fast and you shouldn't be wandering too far from the rune.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-23 17:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Magian Specs be used in nyzul?
And before someone says "Magian Specs don't work at all" I know for a fact they do. I used them 2 nights ago.
By Dantedmc 2012-10-23 17:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so. I think i tried that early on.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-23 17:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Can Magian Specs be used in nyzul?
And before someone says "Magian Specs don't work at all" I know for a fact they do. I used them 2 nights ago.
I don't know if you can use them in nyzul, if you can cool but I very much doubt it because if you could reliably lock on a trial log, what need would there be for 2 sch's two houring if you could just lock one's 2hr the entire time.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-10-23 17:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH BRD DD DD DD DD

SCH handles rune while TR is up, otherwise the BRD stays at the rune. If BRD casting time is an issue, get a better BRD. Don't bring a COR. "DD" encompasses BLU, WAR, MNK, DRK, etc, basically the DDs you'd bring right now with slightly greater priority given to self-sufficiency.

This guy already said 100% of what I wanted to input :(
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-25 17:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So BRD would be BRD/SCH right? I mean subjob probably doesn't matter much, but accession paralyna after a psychflayer floor would be nice and save your main SCH from having to use charges. Accession stoneskin (or blink) would be a little perk too especially since everyone is going to be a little more squishy without the regen from embrava.
Just stuff that could be cast when songs are still going strong.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-10-25 17:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

has the sch 2hr nerf happened yet? i havent been keeping track
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-25 17:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-25 18:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
has the sch 2hr nerf happened yet? i havent been keeping track

They announced it, they're going to put it on the test server. Then it will be pushed through after being on the server for however long. There should still be a few weeks left, and the possibility that they'll still tweak it to be less severe before it goes live.
 Siren.Hyabusa
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-10-25 18:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kirschy's group wins with SCHx2 COR DDx3 (WAR DRK SAM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO8XE20mIB8
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-25 19:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have question regarding this, majority of many other job besides BLU also has minimal AoE dmg capacity and not self-sufficient, but able to regain pt means everyone can engage the mob with 100 or close to 100 TP no?

From what I've seen before nerf, engage the mob with instant WS is very beneficial. Some job one shot the mob with 1 WS, so it's engage, WS, dead. Without regain and open with 100 TP, you need TP TP TP WS, slightly slower.

Last stand and exen are also both piercing WS, which happened to gain pretty big advantage in Nyzul due to how many mobs weak against piercing. You also have WF on anything with high PDT.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-25 19:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I have question regarding this, majority of many other job besides BLU also has minimal AoE dmg capacity and self-sufficient, but able to regain pt means everyone can engage the mob with 100 or close to 100 TP no?

From what I've seen before nerf, engage the mob with instant WS is very beneficial. Some job one shot the mob with 1 WS, so it's engage, WS, dead. Without regain and open with 100 TP, you need TP TP TP WS, slightly slower.
Regain from COR is too small. You aren't going to be walking up to each mob with 100TP.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17