Nyzul Isle : Uncharted
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2012-02-13 16:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Hmmm just recorded floor 37 to disc. Anyone discover if that means anything lol? YOu can exit and save progress

Progress is saved, but you always start out at floor 1... It's currently unknown what the intent of the saving does.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-02-13 16:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

so whats the setup? 4dd/nin and 2 healers? like the old nyzul isle?
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-02-13 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

went with 3 relic DD's 2 drk and a thf and whm rdm cor for support, nothing was hard, killed mamool boss on floor 20 with ease and got nq legs and head. ended up exiting @ floor 48 with about 4-5 min left.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-02-13 16:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If the groups on Bahamut are anything to go by, bring ALL the BSTs!

But yeah, that works also. DDs with access to good magical WS advised incase you get that sodding custard though.
Bosses are quite mean though, least Troll is, dunno about Mamool.
By Chyula 2012-02-13 16:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanaka manage once again to troll us with something worse than 0.1% drop rate with a huge *** block.

1. only once per day (tag)
2. random floor progress, its worse than hitting a 0.1% drop jack pot when you need to get 9 floors each climb and multiply that by 11 to reach floor 100 under 30 mins. -.-
3. random item from a large pool, and I bet some piece will have a very low drop rate in that pool.
4. this one is speculation with a vampire in the dat, get ready for some *** up aoe charm and *** block anyone from zerging the floor 100 boss down.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 16:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to go as fast as possible to get to 40+ floors so leave the bsts at home and bring Sam's and blues
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-02-13 17:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Have to go as fast as possible to get to 40+ floors so leave the bsts at home and bring Sam's and blues
Then you get like what we get and get BLU magic restricted Boss floor and get rather owned, smrt D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-13 17:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC all the things!

Or just not do Nyzul til we figure out how to get a half-decent shot at floor 100 on any given run, which is probably the route I'm going to take.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-13 17:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect nothing. While the possibility exists for some gimmick to be in there somewhere that makes it more possible to reach the floors that are worth reaching, I have a strong feeling that this is the best it gets.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-13 17:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said: »
Then you get like what we get and get BLU magic restricted Boss floor and get rather owned, smrt D:

Sam Sam blue blue thf whm.
 Shiva.Falseliberty
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2012-02-13 17:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

+5 gear seems really dam nice...
to offset the fact that they cant come up with any decent ideas they are using the random number generator once again to hold our progress back

they should have held off on this update till legion and the merit cat II changes was ready

some very very random event on a 30 min cooldown is not enuf content
 Carbuncle.Hysoka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hyso
By Carbuncle.Hysoka 2012-02-13 17:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DDs with access to good magical WS advised incase you get that sodding custard though.

Twilight drk's ftw !
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-13 17:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I expect nothing. While the possibility exists for some gimmick to be in there somewhere that makes it more possible to reach the floors that are worth reaching, I have a strong feeling that this is the best it gets.
If this does end up being the case, there's a very good chance I'll never set foot inside this content and no *** whatsoever will be given in the process. The event as it currently presents itself is absurd.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-13 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
If this does end up being the case, there's a very good chance I'll never set foot inside this content and no *** whatsoever will be given in the process. The event as it currently presents itself is absurd.

My sentiments exactly.

On another note, the mentality of "but the gear is so good, it deserves to be rare!" is just as ridiculous too, and it's been annoying to read so many people using it as an excuse. While the sets are nice, they aren't that good compared to what we already have available.

When considering how many factors are against you getting even one piece of the set, let alone all 5, it's ludicrous.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-02-13 17:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

still 15k for alex np
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-02-13 17:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
so whats the setup? 4dd/nin and 2 healers? like the old nyzul isle?

5 DNC and a BLM only way to go

/troll

And this 10 times over.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-13 17:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote='Asura.Fondue' pid=1757581]still 15k for alex np[/quote]

lol
By Fupafighters 2012-02-13 17:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it does seem like you progress faster when you save to runic disk. I saved to disk and went for another run, and got to floor 40 with 8 minutes left. Got those crappy legs lol, Rheic dirs +1. Will try to get to 60 next time and see if i get there faster too.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-13 17:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That could be interesting.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-13 17:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the +2 gear (floor 60) is what SE expects to be reasonably obtainable through effort by an average group. Once you get your stuff together, remember how to do NI, and go with a practiced group I think most people will get to floor 60 pretty regularly. In practice, you will occasionally miss floor 60 and end up shooting for floor 80 or timing out with a few tokens to show for your run.

My problem with +5 gear isn't that it's going to be pretty hard/lucky to get to floor 100 or that the boss there will probably be mean. My problem with it is that you're going to go all the way up there and kill the boss 1/20 times only to face a 10% chance of any specific piece dropping, then you're probably going to have to lot against at least one other person for it. Once per day.

Can you even imagine how freaking long it would take to make a full set? You're looking at seeing floor 100 twice per month if you're lucky and having a 5% chance of getting the armor you want once you get there.
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2012-02-13 17:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My sentiments exactly.

On another note, the mentality of "but the gear is so good, it deserves to be rare!" is just as ridiculous too, and it's been annoying to read so many people using it as an excuse. While the sets are nice, they aren't that good compared to what we already have available.

When considering how many factors are against you getting even one piece of the set, let alone all 5, it's ludicrous.

I remember when they first released Abyssea and people got like 1000EXP total in a run and thought that was the end of it, SE had failed.

Granted they do release terrible and useless content like it's their job, but just wait and see before raging.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-13 17:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
That could be interesting.
It's not true, near as I've seen. One run's worth of samples was hardly worth fupa's post, but...
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-13 18:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if progress in Neo-Nyzul counts as progress in old-Nyzul as far as Unlocking a Myth WS points are concerned, lol.

If so, it's a pretty easy way for people without Nyzul progress to blitz to only needing 1.7k or so WS points.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-13 18:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I think the +2 gear (floor 60) is what SE expects to be reasonably obtainable through effort by an average group. Once you get your stuff together, remember how to do NI, and go with a practiced group I think most people will get to floor 60 pretty regularly. In practice, you will occasionally miss floor 60 and end up shooting for floor 80 or timing out with a few tokens to show for your run.

My problem with +5 gear isn't that it's going to be pretty hard/lucky to get to floor 100 or that the boss there will probably be mean. My problem with it is that you're going to go all the way up there and kill the boss 1/20 times only to face a 10% chance of any specific piece dropping, then you're probably going to have to lot against at least one other person for it. Once per day.

Can you even imagine how freaking long it would take to make a full set? You're looking at seeing floor 100 twice per month if you're lucky and having a 5% chance of getting the armor you want once you get there.
I think people are forgetting that this is Nyzul v2 and not Abyssea v2. Most of these complaints have always applied to Nyzul: once-a-day, inability to control loot pool, climbing required

The original Nyzul took up a daily regenerated tag for you to build up floor progression on one single person. This progress was erased once said person cleared floor 100, making assembling a full set a process that could take easily more than a year unless you were lucky (and decided to *** your group) if not outright impossible. The bosses dropped 0-1 (with 0 being most common) pieces of a 3 item pool. And you know what the biggest kick in the *** was? The gear was pretty much total garbage.

The numbers have basically just been jumbled up this time around, and it eventuates to roughly the same statistical timesink, the biggest difference being that the gear isn't half bad at least. Not to mention I highly suspect there is a "gimmick" to the whole system, probably involving the otherwise worthless NQs.

People expect to start with nothing and be wearing a full set of HQ gear at the end of the week. This content is pretty damn consistent with the rest of the game. If you don't like it, Abyssea is always a traverser stone's throw away.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-02-13 18:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam Sam blue blue thf whm.
You'll regret not having 2 healers if you get troll boss. Our WHM ran out of MP, had to Bene, and ended up dying after the 3 not BST DDs died due to P.Ray Spam.
(Pleiades Ray: AoE (approx 10') ~500 damage and Paralyze (weak), Blind, Poison, Plague, Bind, Silence, and a weak Slow (overwritten by haste))
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-13 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I think people are forgetting that this is Nyzul v2 and not Abyssea v2.

When abyssea came out people assumed you had 30minutes a day, had no idea about procs, thought most items were like 5% drop rate, and were lucky if they had 1 atma. I would say they were getting wrecked by glavoid, but it took, I think 2 maybe more, weeks for people to finally get the pops as they had no clue how to red proc. Then many of the groups that did get glavoid pops would fail horribly at killing it. I'm with everyone that has said its too soon to make judgements.

Edit: totally got beatten with the abyssea comparrison :/
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-13 18:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I think people are forgetting that this is Nyzul v2 and not Abyssea v2.

When abyssea came out people assumed you had 30minutes a day, had no idea about procs, thought most items were like 5% drop rate, and were lucky if they had 1 atma. I would say they were getting wrecked by glavoid, but it took, I think 2 maybe more, weeks for people to finally get the pops as they had no clue how to red proc. Then many of the groups that did get glavoid pops would fail horribly at killing it. I'm with everyone that has said its too soon to make judgements.

Edit: totally got beatten with the abyssea comparrison :/
I'm definitely with you that it's too early to judge. I do believe however that no matter how efficient we become at farming it, it will never be remotely close to what Abyssea has inflated peoples' expectations to. It's going to be time consuming, because that's what it was first and foremost designed to do.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-13 18:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Game has(had) come a long way from the sadistic broom-rape RNG Illusion of challenge you seem to so adequately romanticized by comparing it to Old Nyzul. (Okay, Except Voidwatch ^^, And we seem to be regressing...)

Lets Compare it to New Nyzul, I think thats more fair. Everyone Progresses, You chose your Floor, and The Disk is not erased, and.. *Gasp*, All those updates to Nyzul came before that Evil Abyssea ruined FFXI.

No one expected to walk in and get the best armor, They expected some form of progression. Rather from being able to save floors, Or the Armor being in the form of Moogle Trials.

This Event could not have been Planned worse. Its like they Took everything bad about previous Events, And made it into a New Event.

Again, Its not Like any of us Expected the Best Armor off the bat, But having to Dumb luck your way to floor 80/100, At a shot of 0-2 Out of 15 possible armor choices... That someone will likely be lotting against you on... Its nothing but artificially created difficulty once again relying on a Random number Generator rather than them spending time on actually working on the event.

They pretty much just Copy > Pasted Nyzul into Neo-Nyzul, Mobs and all, just higher level. Its a Half-assed event with half-assed Planning involved, and to make it last a long time, They gave us a Random number Generator to make damn sure no matter how good you are, You're still at the mercy of the RNG Gods.

So no, None of us are expecting to get 1 Tag, and be walking away with a Dbl/trp/quad Attack+3% Body... But the current system, The only reasonably obtainable armor is the +1/+2 pieces. +3/HQ will likely come into the system less than a 99 Relic.

(Again, Unless theres some Trick or Gimmick, Which i hope, But don't expect. I guess we have to wait it out really. Judging an Event based off the first couple Weeks is bad Idea. So i don't know why I'm doing it :( )
[+]
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-13 18:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What new gear isnt obtained by luck? Atleast in abyssea you can use weakness to target a certain item, but in VW is blind luck, as will be with Nyzule. Once a day, 100% luck events. Open world MMO > Welcome to Instance based MMO -.-b -quits-
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17