[Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief Info)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief info)
[Dev] Group 3 Merits & New 2-Hours (brief info)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Felos
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Felos
By Phoenix.Felos 2011-11-05 05:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD: Shield Combat
Effect: Be able to use a shield like an off-hand weapon. Damage based on shield size/composition.
or
Shield Wall
Effect: Self target, user cannot make main hand attacks while active. Cover (cover is augmented by cover gear) all party members 45 degree behind PLD (must have shield equipped).

Since Time Mage will never happen...

RDM: Stop
Effect: All actions within a certain radius are halted (not stunned) until duration has expired, user is not effected by this effect.

BLU: Form of the Beast
Effect: Turn into the creature (access to all spells/abilities) of the type in which spell chosen was learned (i.e. slime = Digest).

All I could think of ATM...
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-11-05 06:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
SAM

Cosmic Elucidation
  • You gain two new weapon skills in your WS list:

• Oisoya
    • Amatsu: Tsukikage

• Once you use the 2 hour you gain the level 99 version of Tenzen's weapon and bow for 30 seconds resetting your TP since changing weapons and your timers on everything reset (to prevent cheating and making the two ws's right away). You don't have to do the two weaponskills (Oisoya > Amatsu: Tsukikage) one after another just both within the 30 second timer and can't be interrupted by other players using their weaponskills between yours. If you manage to do the two weaponskills within 30 seconds you produce the level 4 skillchain Cosmic Elucidation.

• What it would do as a player version I'm not sure, some math wiz would be able to figure out an appropriate damage and variables for this (higher than what light and dark can produce of course.

Also before you say that they would never do that I kinda agree EXCEPT it was a request a few months ago and they said that it was an interesting idea and would look into it. So it's possible but not very likely.

Tenzen's Cosmic Elucidation was also AoE. Unlikely that they would allow us to get ahold of this SC, even more unlikely that they would let it stand as an AoE.

I'm not a PLD but I think it would be pretty useful if PLD new 2hr was something like: Reduces emnity of all party members in range to 0. Obviously I don't think this would be overpowered because most decent DDs can rebuild that pretty quickly. Definitely useful in a pinch though if ***starts to get rough, but situationally would suck terribly for hate reset mob.
 Asura.Ziekwalt
Server: Asura
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-11-05 06:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting ideas

Or for thf it automatically caps TH on the target?
That would be awesome >.>
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2011-11-05 06:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 meteor tier 3 merit spell would need 2+ blms to use, damge based off total MP, uses all MP of all blms using it

perfect dodge blocks magic

ninja: doesn't die or even take HP away or drops to 1 HP

pld: blocks magic

whm: restores MP too

blu: unlocks all spells (you have) for use

sam: same effect for party members within range (but not you)

drk: free health care
[+]
 Asura.Ziekwalt
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-11-05 06:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tot said: »
inb4 meteor tier 3 merit spell would need 2+ blms to use, damge based off total MP, uses all MP of all blms using it

perfect dodge blocks magic

pld: blocks magic

whm: restores MP too

blu: unlocks all spells (you have) for use

sam: same effect for party members within range (but not you)

drk: free health care
LoLz
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-05 07:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would we want this since it is what we use to wipe our weakness status if we have already died, or for a last minute doom dodge if cursna spam/holy water has failed?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-05 07:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Could do like Gessho and make your shadows Mijin Gakure altogether.
Or even better Utsu San that both Gessho and Kagetora have: real shadow clones!
By Quiznor 2011-11-05 07:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Felos said: »
Effect: Be able to use a shield like an off-hand weapon. Damage based on shield size/composition.
or
Shield Wall
Effect: Self target, user cannot make main hand attacks while active. Cover (cover is augmented by cover gear) all party members 45 degree behind PLD (must have shield equipped).

Effect: All actions within a certain radius are halted (not stunned) until duration has expired, user is not effected by this effect.

Effect: Turn into the creature (access to all spells/abilities) of the type in which spell chosen was learned (i.e. slime = Digest).

Should turn us into a Soulflayer instead of the learned mob
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-05 07:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Why would we want this since it is what we use to wipe our weakness status if we have already died, or for a last minute doom dodge if cursna spam/holy water has failed?

Because we want to make it reuseless.

How about something more ninja'ey, and less explodey.
I had to read that so many times before it clicked XD

I have a hard time pictureing what they would do with boosting it... Potency is a given but it's weak enough that it would need alot of potency, raising with a higher % of hp is another but that would be steping on mythic's toes if anyone has it. Maybe they could make it give status effects/wipe buffs or give you buffs once you raise... idk I got no clue where this is going XD
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2011-11-05 07:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Could do like Gessho and make your shadows Mijin Gakure altogether. Or even better Utsu San that both Gessho and Kagetora have: real shadow clones!
make a clone of yourself would work like a pet/npc! they started it with drgs being 2hr why not? lol
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-11-05 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief- perfect dodge v2, allows you to resist all magical attacks directed at you.

Or some other useless 2 hour

Paladin- hate, lets the paladin hold hate for 30 seconds

Red mage- cure v, allows the rdm to cast a cure v
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-05 09:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf would get something more offensive I'd guess, something like for 30sec-1min all attacks become sneak attacks (when from behind) and Trick attacks (with someone in place) could be neat.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-05 09:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Dark Knight, the only place we can go from our ***ability is up, good feeling.

Must suck being an RDM, with the only real 2hr in the game, the only place you can go is down daon doooown.
[+]
By Nevill 2011-11-05 10:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

THF: Something like Mighty Strikes with 100%the accuracy.
 Siren.Gunshy
Server: Siren
user: Siryn
By Siren.Gunshy 2011-11-05 10:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For thf how about the chance to steal an item from the enemies drop pool the lower the targets current hp the better the chance.

Maybe make it so they can't steal ra/ex items to stop them causing drama. :V
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-11-05 10:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Gunshy said: »
For thf how about the chance to steal an item from the enemies drop pool the lower the targets current hp the better the chance.

Maybe make it so they can't steal ra/ex items to stop them causing drama. :V
If they did this it would either be useless on mobs without non rare/ex drops worth mentioning and cause drama on those with good ones because everyone would want to be thf.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-11-05 10:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
i still say sam's new 2hr should be Seppuku...
or a move that will haevy damage a mob, if it misses, the sam dies.

:x

I genuinely lol'ed

Maybe PLD should have a 2hr like Garen's ult from LoL. Deal massive damage to a severely wounded enemy, Dealing extra for each point of HP they're missing.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-05 12:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Vivicide said: »
SAM

Cosmic Elucidation
  • You gain two new weapon skills in your WS list:

• Oisoya
    • Amatsu: Tsukikage

• Once you use the 2 hour you gain the level 99 version of Tenzen's weapon and bow for 30 seconds resetting your TP since changing weapons and your timers on everything reset (to prevent cheating and making the two ws's right away). You don't have to do the two weaponskills (Oisoya > Amatsu: Tsukikage) one after another just both within the 30 second timer and can't be interrupted by other players using their weaponskills between yours. If you manage to do the two weaponskills within 30 seconds you produce the level 4 skillchain Cosmic Elucidation.

• What it would do as a player version I'm not sure, some math wiz would be able to figure out an appropriate damage and variables for this (higher than what light and dark can produce of course.

Also before you say that they would never do that I kinda agree EXCEPT it was a request a few months ago and they said that it was an interesting idea and would look into it. So it's possible but not very likely.

Tenzen's Cosmic Elucidation was also AoE. Unlikely that they would allow us to get ahold of this SC, even more unlikely that they would let it stand as an AoE.
Yea true

I really doubt that they would ever do that, but if they did there is no reason they couldn't wipe all the AoE stuff that was designed for that battle and just make it a normal SC like light and dark except more powerful yada yada. It's was just a thought since I remembered Camate talking about the dev team looking into implementing it a while back and thinking that this would be an interesting way of giving it to us, once every two hours.

Sam's could even team up and skillchain with eachother back to back while they are under this two hour and make multiple skillchains within the 30 seconds or w/e. They can recode it and change the mechanics of it completely, although I personally think having the weapons/bow as a temp item that lasts only during the two hour is an interesting idea.

I personally think that there could be a better 2-hour to put in its place than just a silly skillchain that no one would really use except for fun, unless if you could use multiple sams then people would figure out how to burn with it then the nerfs coming in taking it away and then it would be a waste of a 2-hour spot. I just think it was an interesting thought is all.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-11-05 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Anyone want to theorycraft on what they'd like to see as a new 2hr ability for jobs?

THF - Some sort of improved Steal. Perhaps steals an item from the mob's normal loot pool (without actually removing it from the drops).
Waste of 2hour

RNG - Ranged attacks generate no enmity for some duration of time.
Relic gun

WAR - Increased critical hit damage for some duration.
Mighty Strikes and Blood Rage.... it already has that ... x2 even

WHM - Grants all party members -50% damage taken for some duration
Protectra shellra mdt gear pdt gear they have a ja that gives mdb as well.

MNK -

BLM - Grants access to certain powerful spells for some duration (similar to SCH's new 2hour spells)

RDM - Grants access to highest tier enfeebles for some duration
what? slow2 para2 bio3 dia3 blind2 are already merits. and they have break.. gonna give them breakga?

PLD - Caps paladin's enmity and locks enmity on PLD for a large duration
You can do that already... when you have multiple people cap emnity who ever can just do the next dmg point will take hate so that's useless.
DRK - I'll fill this one in for ya.. Ja that doesn't suck

BST -

BRD - Allows 1 extra song to be played (daurdabla effect)
so empy brds can do 4 songs?

SAM - Grants all party members regain for some duration.
Sch can do this already. And sam has a ja that can transfer tp to another player already

NIN - Single-target version of SMN's Odin. Higher chance of Death, Higher damage on NMs (due to being single-target).
.... how about give me jubaku:ni and monomi:ni first....

DRG - Wyvern enlarges and becomes much more powerful for some duration.
possible

SMN - Additional avatars like odin/alex
how about a ja that boosts dmg done by avatars instead.

BLU -

COR - All phantom rolls become 11 for some duration.
give them a ja that depending on the number will do different things instead of lucky numbers. Like 1 Increase attack x2 or something different.

PUP - delete them

DNC - Removes recast timers on all abilities for some duration.
broken

SCH - Displays detailed information about the target, including:
Stats, Level, Weakness/Resistance/Immunities, Procs, Drop rates of loot(including current TH).
wiki use it... why have a useless ja..

Half of these they already have.... or are just a plain... why?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-05 13:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Felos said: »
or
Shield Wall

Give RDM Bullet Time! >:
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-11-05 13:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

if SE is still that trollfactory i assume for blm it's this:
NEW BLM 2 hours: allows The Blackmage to cast Meteor!
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-11-05 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They should've added a similar JA to RDM like BLU that gives them access to spells. i.e. JA that gives RDM access to Cure V/VI and same for elemental spells for the duration of the JA.

WHM needs Reviviscense! Long overdue! Either as a second 2hr, JA or spell.

BLM 2nd 2hr can be something like instead of expending no MP you gain no Enmity while casting spells.

For SAM Kalilla's suggestion is pretty cool, but I suspect it will be something less powerful. I see getting access to 2hr exclusive WS. Will probably something less attractive like "increased skillchain damage" during the 2hr.

NIN 2nd 2hr Reverse Mijin! lol idk how that would work, but it sounded cool. I can't really think of anything for their 2nd 2hr. beefing up their current 2hr would prolly be recovering full HP when reviving after a Mijin, increased dmg, etc.

That's all i can think of atm...
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-05 15:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH 2hr

Blood Grimoire - When activated, allows caster to access "Blood Magic".

Can cast any White and Black magic in the .dats, or at least any White and Black magic that has ever been used in the game by a NPC/PC.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-11-05 15:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think second 2hrs shouldn't be so overpowered. Dev stated that it would be where you would choose a 2hr based on the situation. So if new 2hrs overshadow the original ones then it defeats the purpose of "balace"(if that even exists anymore, lol).
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-05 15:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
I think second 2hrs shouldn't be so overpowered. Dev stated that it would be where you would choose a 2hr based on the situation. So if new 2hrs overshadow the original ones then it defeats the purpose of "balace"(if that even exists anymore, lol).

Some 2hrs flat out suck, so it'd *** over the jobs with a shitty 2hr. Like BLU. They should totally turn into a creepy tentacle beast, I don't care if it goes against lore.
By Nevill 2011-11-05 15:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I want blm to team cast the spell in the opening movie.
By Artemicion 2011-11-05 15:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious what BST will get.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-11-05 15:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

if anything, SAM is likely to obtain a defensive 2hr or something like that.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-11-05 15:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD will probably get immunity to all magic damage for second 2hr. It sounds like something they'd do for the direction they plan to go on.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7