Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-09-11 13:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Excal TP what do you think?

Other than bow and ethereal, pretty much what I use now since getting b.plate, if I ever go pld.

edit: lol ninja editing ethereal, portus might be superior to rancor if only for the fact of damage taken.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-11 13:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said: »

Other than bow and ethereal, pretty much what I use now since getting b.plate, if I ever go pld.

edit: lol ninja editing ethereal, portus might be superior to rancor if only for the fact of damage taken.

What do you use in the Ammo slot?

I figured Rancor since I get away with it on WAR, if I was just holding a mob I wouldn't be using this set at all but if I'm going to DD might as well gear like a DD.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Flame Satchet, usually. PLD DD ammo options kind of suck.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

White Tathlum ofc.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i might add some spice on SExcalibur. Its an epic toy on RDM especially with +20STR on Gain-STR <3.

Yeah yeah pld thread etc ;/
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-09-11 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said: »

What do you use in the Ammo slot?

I figured Rancor since I get away with it on WAR, if I was just holding a mob I wouldn't be using this set at all but if I'm going to DD might as well gear like a DD.
I usually use the dex satchet when tp'ing. Really I just like the flexibility of being able to swap into pdt, mdt, fast cast, dex, and str in one slot instead of having it locked when tp'ing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I haven't done the math on your set, but does that Store TP you have accomplish anything specific? (x-hit, etc). I'd probably use Mars on the other finger instead of Tyrant's (even with -def), just because it never feels like I'm accurate enough on PLD.

/should probably parse it to be sure
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-09-11 13:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Also, I haven't done the math on your set, but does that Store TP you have accomplish anything specific? (x-hit, etc). I'd probably use Mars on the other finger instead of Tyrant's (even with -def), just because it never feels like I'm accurate enough on PLD.

/should probably parse it to be sure
Could drop tyrants for mars, yea
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No xhit build with 21/25/27sTP?
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
No xhit build with 21/25/27sTP?

x-hit is devalued on PLD, since the shield gives you so much per block. Unless the mob's not hitting you at all, in which case, I don't know why you're on PLD.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i could imagine a brochain holder would say so.
I was more thinking along the lines to solo my relic+2 augments on PLD on PLD/DNC for obvious reasons and dualwield swords.
So i was wondering if the 27sTP in that case would like take one hit less to 100 or if the change from 27 to 22 wouldnt impact at all.
Trying to get it done fast before you come with any shield argument and yes solo.
I have done BLU and RDM 5/5 for completing sake and was planning to get PLD done next.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo dont get me wrong i am not the "I need to tank all mobs in the game PLD" i just like what it offers for solo purpose and i dont wanna devalue it as an off project, it sure is an interesting job. Just never got into it for bigger stuff where u "need" to have a shield equipped.

Reason i mentioned white tathlum even tho i am aware off the enmity-
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with Ochain? And any shield gives the bonus, so why does that matter?

Also, don't dualwield swords. The shield (even non-Aegis/Ochain shields) really does mitigate a TON of damage (in addition to the extra TP). There's no way that offhand is going to speed up your damage enough to compensate for all the extra damage you will take.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

bigger stuff where u "need" to have a shield equipped

This is my point though - even on regular mobs, the shield helps a lot. It's got nothing to do with the size of the mob, it's just less time/mp/tp spent healing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-11 13:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
(even with -def)
This should basically never be a consideration unless they do something about monster pDIF equations. Either it's trash/weak adds and you'll have no trouble surviving regardless (and wouldn't need Mars anyway), or the monster is strong enough that its attack will put it well past capped pDIF when you're in TP gear and likely when in defensive gear as well without stacking defense buffs/attack down debuffs.

Store TP is kind of annoying to figure for PLD since Shield Mastery doesn't benefit from it. There's really nothing better to use right now if acc capped though.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing.

I just couldnt really imagine shield mastery and all the TP jazz it brings with it would outdo Excali/Almace or Excali/OAX or Almace/OAX and so on.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am thankfull for any input and when you enlighten the PLD killspeed path for me.

Edit: Also i saw how fast BLU relic augments was done. I saw i took a tad longer and more runs for RDM. I just dont want to mess around alot in dyna on solo PLD <.<; i mean i even went hardcore on Divine Emblem and MAB gear for TEs (Holy all the things then let Excali proc do the rest xD) <.< if you get my drift lol
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing.

I just couldnt really imagine shield mastery and all the TP jazz it brings with it would outdo Excali/Almace or Excali/OAX or Almace/OAX and so on.

It's not about the TP from Shield Mastery - that's basically a bonus. It's really about not spending extra TP healing yourself when a shield+phalanx will drop the damage you take to nothing (or close to it).
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even tho taking into account the KoR Regen in additional with Drainsamba?

An idle Regenset for moving around is a give for me also.

Edit: Also there is MP and Cure Pot gear <.<;
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The KoR regen is kind of terrible, really, and unless your Excalibur is pretty far along the upgrade path the damage isn't going to be worth using over Requiescat or Vorpal anyway.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-11 13:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even tho taking into account the KoR Regen in additional with Drainsamba?

An idle Regenset for moving around is a give for me also.

Edit: Also there is MP and Cure Pot gear <.<;
Or you could pop Haste Samba, use a superior WS, not need to cure as often, etc. Use a shield.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not decided yet to 99 it or save for Amano tbh.
I just wanted to take itinto account also.

So basicly what you saying is i should get my *** up, get an Adamas or Brochain and PLD it up like ... a real PLD? To make it a.) less painfull on cures and b.) maintain the killspeed i asked for.

hmm.

Edit: I have a shield man, its called Genbu's Shield XD But yeah i get ur drift. Thanks for the insight so far. Gonna see what will happen faster Brochain or PW droprates,
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-11 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nothing to do with Ochain specifically. Any shield will reduce your damage significantly, especially with Reprisal and Palisade. Ochain is simply the best at reducing physical damage.

For a solo PLD, the key to kill speed is to minimize your wasted effort. You're already on a job that can't afford to be inefficient about this stuff. No resting for MP if you use it all, no spending TP on healing when you can mitigate the damage, don't use Drain Samba when Haste is more effective, etc etc
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2012-09-11 13:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah didnt think in that direction yet, glad i saw this thread popup.
 Cerberus.Funond
Server: Cerberus
user: Funond
By Cerberus.Funond 2012-10-04 00:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

for taint's mock-up might want to consider enif gambieras
 Odin.Madotsuki
Server: Odin
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2012-10-24 14:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... not sure if this is the place for it, but, any thoughts on my Ragnarok builds for my PLD?

TP:

WS:

(I know NQ head, spiral ring, and no replacement earring for centaurus is rather unappealing to view)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-10-24 14:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheruski Needle and Avant Cuisses +1 (unless you need the accuracy on Ogier's) are the first upgrades I can think of.
[+]
 Odin.Madotsuki
Server: Odin
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2012-10-24 14:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Cheruski Needle is the first upgrade I can think of.
Aha, haven't done Meebles at all yet so I'm a bit out of the loop on the rewards from it. Looked that up, it looks like a good replacement for the ammo slot, definitely. Thank you!
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12