Game: FFXI
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-07-27 08:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Any truth to this?
Quote:
this payment ***.. augh, Click&Buy charges a 3.9% rate for money brought over, I really really don't think I need to pay 16$ x2 every 30 days for this ***.. :/ anyone who bought crysta is there a paypal feature for that I can use? I'll just stick 300$ on there and call it a day.

@.@

Uhh, not here... But it may be different for the US. I've used click and buy quite a lot and never had issues, or overcharging

i've seen lots of that they looove to *** over US users =/
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 08:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Couldn't they have just changed the billing periods without all this ***?

Probably, yes. Although they probably would have screwed that up, too.

My best guess here is that this is just a "first step" towards eliminating POL entirely. I have no idea how they will do that, but I bet they will soon.

Of course, they want to make sure their stream of income is secure before they make any other changes.
I don't see what the issue with POL is, we've had it for years. Personally I think they should have kept it, and just make later gen stuff without it, like they did with 14.
 Asura.Odihsa
Server: Asura
user: Ashido0
By Asura.Odihsa 2011-07-27 08:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a heads up to people using Clickandbuy. I signed up and verified a card. During verification there are supposed to be 2 $1.xx charges to your card. However, I also have a third charge for 2.40 that I can't seem to find an explanation for. It seems fishy to me, and I'm not liking it. So... there's rage justification.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-07-27 08:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Any truth to this?
Quote:
this payment ***.. augh, Click&Buy charges a 3.9% rate for money brought over, I really really don't think I need to pay 16$ x2 every 30 days for this ***.. :/ anyone who bought crysta is there a paypal feature for that I can use? I'll just stick 300$ on there and call it a day.

@.@

Uhh, not here... But it may be different for the US. I've used click and buy quite a lot and never had issues, or overcharging

This is just 2nd-hand reports, but a FFXI friend of mine from Germany says he's quitting FFXI because of S-E's demand for Users to use "ClickandBuy". I need to investigate it more myself, but based on that plus the things I've read in this thread, it seems "ClickandBuy" does not have a good reputation.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-27 08:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Odihsa said:
Just a heads up to people using Clickandbuy. I signed up and verified a card. During verification there are supposed to be 2 $1.xx charges to your card. However, I also have a third charge for 2.40 that I can't seem to find an explanation for. It seems fishy to me, and I'm not liking it. So... there's rage justification.
It gave a reason for the $2.40 when I did it. Don't remember what it was because it said it'd be refunded within a couple of hours
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-07-27 08:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Any truth to this?
Quote:

@.@

This is just 2nd-hand reports, but a FFXI friend of mine from Germany says he's quitting FFXI because of S-E's demand for Users to use "ClickandBuy". I need to investigate it more myself, but based on that plus the things I've read in this thread, it seems "ClickandBuy" does not have a good reputation.

i looked it up on google last night and apparently they have a lot of scam reports on them, someone said that as soon as they registered for it and went to verify, their bank called them to inform them that the site had been associated with a lot of scams, and if they we're the ones who authorized the use on that site.
[+]
 Asura.Nemoniko
user: mypage
By Asura.Nemoniko 2011-07-27 08:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Odihsa said:
It gave a reason for the $2.40 when I did it. Don't remember what it was because it said it'd be refunded within a couple of hours

to verify the account
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-07-27 08:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Odihsa said:

Yeah, when I signed up for Paypal (years ago), I remember them billing me two miniscule amounts of money that I had to use to verify my account.
I'm sure this "ClickandBuy" site does a similar process ... but there is absolutely no reason for them to use $2.40 for a verification amount. 37 cents or $1.14 would have worked just as well.

Speaking of this, anyone have any idea why S-E wouldn't just use Paypal? I don't purchase stuff online too often, but whenever I do, I've only ever seen Paypal links on the sellers' websites. I've never even heard of "ClickandBuy" until a couple of weeks ago when this S-E account transfer crap was announced and people started talking about it.
 Asura.Odihsa
user: Ashido0
By Asura.Odihsa 2011-07-27 08:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I could see, the 2 $1.xx charges are to verify the account. They place the two charges, and then you input the cent amount from each on on the site. Its the -third- charge that was never mentioned that is worrying me.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 08:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question though, if I have an account with SE already due to FF14, I can just transfer it all to that and avoid all this *** or no?
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2011-07-27 08:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I'm making an account with clicktobuy, and i'm not sure if this was answered or not, but first i had to call them to verify I'm the one making the account, and now they're asking me to scan ID and email it back... did everyone else have to do this too? this sounds an awful lot like ID theft to me...
 Asura.Nemoniko
By Asura.Nemoniko 2011-07-27 08:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Odihsa said:
From what I could see, the 2 $1.xx charges are to verify the account. They place the two charges, and then you input the cent amount from each on on the site. Its the -third- charge that was never mentioned that is worrying me.

i did not have the 2 $1.xx charges, they just verified my account with the $2.40 charge, then refunded it
 Asura.Nemoniko
By Asura.Nemoniko 2011-07-27 08:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nemoniko said:
Asura.Odihsa said:

i did not have the 2 $1.xx charges, they just verified my account with the $2.40 charge, then refunded it

it was very streamlined and simple for me, did mine this morning, all was and still is smooth
 Asura.Katianna
user: Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-27 08:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Leocon said:
Hey, I'm making an account with clicktobuy, and i'm not sure if this was answered or not, but first i had to call them to verify I'm the one making the account, and now they're asking me to scan ID and email it back... did everyone else have to do this too? this sounds an awful lot like ID theft to me...

Thats a good question. I was trying to avoid using crysta... and use click and buy and enter my account information and it kept telling me the fields of my name and the retyping in of my selected password were wrong. I would think that I know my own d*** email and password selection you know!
 Leviathan.Narshe
Server: Leviathan
user: Narshee
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-07-27 08:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Leocon said:
its not click to buy its click AND buy. if you chose payment options on the SE account page it will give you an option to set it up there..
 Siren.Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2011-07-27 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I meant clickandbuy. I went to the site directly from SE's website, but after viewing the email I think the person who helped me was just using a poor choice of words... The email didn't say I had to scan ID or anything, clickandbuy just charged me 2 random amounts and now I have to confirm those amounts. same as what a few others were mentioning above. sorry for the confusion.
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-07-27 08:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Leocon said:
Sorry, I meant clickandbuy. I went to the site directly from SE's website, but after viewing the email I think the person who helped me was just using a poor choice of words... The email didn't say I had to scan ID or anything, clickandbuy just charged me 2 random amounts and now I have to confirm those amounts. same as what a few others were mentioning above. sorry for the confusion.
No worries, I just wanted to make sure you didn't enter your info on a site that wasn't legit.. sorry if I sounded mean D:
 Siren.Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2011-07-27 08:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you didn't, I was just more worried about ID theft lol
 Leviathan.Narshe
By Leviathan.Narshe 2011-07-27 08:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll refund the amounts, I believe its just for verification purposes. I haven't had any issues with C&B myself.. I'm also not going by what pops up on google. lol. CB is just easier for me than buying crysta so I'll deal with the extra 1$ or whatnot if I have to.
 Odin.Machorz
Server: Odin
user: MacHorz
By Odin.Machorz 2011-07-27 08:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont like the crysta system.....because I have to pay 2*** so I have to pay the 3k package -.-
there is no option to get just the crysta you need
so they got more money by me for what?
I mean the Game is same and service......no comment.
If they would give the game a graphic update,I would pay more every months,but atm I dont see any reason for this bulls hit system

For SE its all about the money,since FFXIV sucks so much.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-07-27 08:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked paying with my CC >_> I rather not rack up my debt using this Crysta nor even consider click & buy
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-27 09:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh. This whole thing is such a *** hassle.
Can't they give us something better than a damn teleport wand? >:/
[+]
 Siren.Tylac
user: Tylac
By Siren.Tylac 2011-07-27 09:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So we have until August 31 to transfer POL account to a SE account. What happens if you don't within that time? Does your POL account get deleted by SE and you have to start all over?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-27 09:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel lost and dunno what to do D: why can't we just pay normally? Is this a way for SE to get rid of complaints about billing issues and blame it on others?

I need an adult to take care of these things for me ; ;
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-27 09:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Tylac said:
So we have until August 31 to transfer POL account to a SE account. What happens if you don't within that time? Does your POL account get deleted by SE and you have to start all over?

I'd guess you get your account turned off. And you don't get the awesome teleport wand that you won't even get until a few months later even if you do sign up for this thing in time!
 Siren.Tylac
user: Tylac
By Siren.Tylac 2011-07-27 09:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I deactivated my content ID before I got married in June because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to swing playing a pay-to=play game. I haven't played in months before that. But I still transfered my POL to SE incase I do have enough money to blow on a game and change my mind. I still read up on it and it is drawing me back. Want to come back and play but need to play my finances and see what I can afford.
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2011-07-27 09:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant even login to switch it. Typing in my username and password pretty much just refreshes the page.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-07-27 09:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
I liked paying with my CC >_> I rather not rack up my debt using this Crysta nor even consider click & buy
You won't even rack up debt with crysta. Just buy these 20$ ultimate gamer cards and get crysta with em one a month and after 3 ya should have enough crysta basically for a free month assuming you pay 15$/month normaly
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10