Asura.Katianna
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Asura.Katianna said:
I'm kinda iffy on paypal. Had a bad experience on ebay buying something and I never got a refund on something that was never delivered to me (for a good amount of money to boot)
I'd say this is a fraud from the seller, nothing to do with PP. But then again I don't have much info about it.

All I can say is everyone in my family and not uses PayPal for online transactions and is supersafe and never had any kind of problems with it.

it may have been a random bad seller and it was fraud, but according to what I understand I should have been able to get my money back from PP when I reported the fraud and I didn't... so I would prefer not to use PP unless absolutely necessary. They already got enough of my money.

Edit: may be a last resort however if what im reading is true ><
By Artemicion 2011-07-28 16:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope those stupid ultimate gaming cards are available where I live. If not, then it seems I will be forced to screw around with PayPal reluctantly.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-28 17:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This sucks but I think im just gonna have to buy crysta. I thought I had it all done but apparently I was wrong lol.
 Asura.Katianna
user: Katianna
By Asura.Katianna 2011-07-28 17:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I really hope those stupid ultimate gaming cards are available where I live. If not, then it seems I will be forced to screw around with PayPal reluctantly.

My hick town Ohio walmart has them so Im sure yours will too ^^ good sign eh? :-D
By Artemicion 2011-07-28 17:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I opened a can of worms with my timeliness of reactivating my content IDs, but here it goes:

I opted out with my checking account for my bank, meaning if I didn't have enough money to pay for something, the charge will not go through into the negatives. At the time I had insufficient funds to pay for my two accounts, so naturally my content IDs were deactivated. After putting in my deposit, I reactivated my content IDs in the middle of July, and they do their typical "Pay for July and the month of August on the 1st of August". So cool, no problem, I'll owe $60 for both of my accounts on the 1st for both July & August. However, the kicker is, when does this crysta thing go into effect to which POL will no longer take out money automatically?
Will they bill me twice (as they should) starting August or will it just cover July and requiire Crysta from that point on?

Problem resolved. My payments will be extracted on August 1st and will be covered for the rest of August. However for the 1st of September and onwards I will need to use one of the available Square-Enix Account payment methods.
 Siren.Nehalania
Server: Siren
user: Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-07-28 17:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've selected crysta as payment instead of clickandcry. I also got an account for playspan (I'm guessing the ultimatepay site?)

My question is how exactly do these 'ultimate points' from the gamer cards convert to crysta for ffxi?
And if you don't pick up a card from the store do you have to use pay pal to buy points from playspan site?
And can you somehow tie your pay pal to playspan or anything? Trying to figure out how this works. >.<

EDIT: Ok I dug up my old pay pal account from a year or so ago. It already has my bank information linked to it.
So I can just add funds to pay pal and purchase crysta or ultimate points off of playspan if I don't want to buy the cards from wal mart?
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-28 17:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Nehalania said:
I've selected crysta as payment instead of clickandcry. I also got an account for playspan (I'm guessing the ultimatepay site?)

My question is how exactly do these 'ultimate points' from the gamer cards convert to crysta for ffxi?
And if you don't pick up a card from the store do you have to use pay pal to buy them from playspan site?
i said this a few times but i can understand people wouldn't read the entire thread, here it is again:

When on the SE account website, select Buy crysta (add crysta... whatever it is.) it lists 2 options: Click and Buy, and Ultimate Pay.

Click ultimate pay, you will get 2 tabs (make sure noscript is off) the first allows you to access your paypal to add crysta directly, the 2nd lets you put the code from the ultimate pay card in RIGHT THERE.

So understand, you don't need an account with ultimate pay, and you never even have to access their site, its ALL done on SE account page

Oh, and so you get a $20 card, select that you want 2000 crysta (one cent=1 crysta) then you enter the card and bam, coverts 20 dollars to 20 dollars... and lol i keep almost typing cruor instead of crysta
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-07-28 17:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my only question now is, how does this work for having multiple accounts linked to a single Square-Enix Account? Will the corresponding amount of crysta automatically be deducted to cover both accounts, or will I have to pay crysta in separate branches to cover each account?
 Diabolos.Nehalania
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Nehalania 2011-07-28 17:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Siren.Nehalania said:

And if you don't pick up a card from the store do you have to use pay pal to buy them from playspan site?
i said this a few times but i can understand people wouldn't read the entire thread, here it is again:

When on the SE account website, select Buy crysta (add crysta... whatever it is.) it lists 2 options: Click and Buy, and Ultimate Pay.

Click ultimate pay, you will get 2 tabs (make sure noscript is off) the first allows you to access your paypal to add crysta directly, the 2nd lets you put the code from the ultimate pay card in RIGHT THERE.

So understand, you don't need an account with ultimate pay, and you never even have to access their site, its ALL done on SE account page

Oh, and so you get a $20 card, select that you want 2000 crysta (one cent=1 crysta) then you enter the card and bam, coverts 20 dollars to 20 dollars... and lol i keep almost typing cruor instead of crysta

Nice!! Thanks so much, makes it look a lot easier than I thought it'd be.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-28 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have it set to automatically take away crysta for the subscription (which it should be by default) then yea it'll just deduct the needed amount for both accounts. at least that would seem to make sense based off how this is all worded
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-28 18:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I guess my only question now is, how does this work for having multiple accounts linked to a single Square-Enix Account? Will the corresponding amount of crysta automatically be deducted to cover both accounts, or will I have to pay crysta in separate branches to cover each account?

it looks like to me, that you will be able to have crysta deducted for every content id you have "checked" regardless of which account.
By Nevill 2011-07-28 19:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having horrible problems purchasing ultimate points using Paypal.

I hate change...
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-07-28 22:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They still don't accept my credit card on their JPN SE Account system so nothing has changed for me. I'm currently in the middle of the process of acquiring WEBMONEY.JP to fund my account... :\

So all this change didn't help me at all... -_-;

AT LEAST it didn't make things worse either...
 Carbuncle.Dominico
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dominico 2011-07-29 08:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This has probably been mentioned before....but FFXI / FFXIV isn't listed as one of the games supported by the Ulimate game card on the UGC site. Would really hate to go out and buy one of those things only to find out it doesn't work. Also, can you only buy it in-store at places like Walmart, Gamestop, etc? I'm not seeing the card on their site.
By Nevill 2011-07-29 08:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dominico said:
This has probably been mentioned before....but FFXI / FFXIV isn't listed as one of the games supported by the Ulimate game card on the UGC site. Would really hate to go out and buy one of those things only to find out it doesn't work. Also, can you only buy it in-store at places like Walmart, Gamestop, etc? I'm not seeing the card on their site.

You can purchase the points directly/ on their site with a credit card or paypal. I however am having problems purchasing with paypal.
 Carbuncle.Dominico
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dominico 2011-07-29 08:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevill said:
Carbuncle.Dominico said:

You can purchase the points directly/ on their site with a credit card or paypal. I however am having problems purchasing with paypal.

The reason I ask is because I have a TON of Gamestop credit thats just sitting there unused, so I would love to be able to use some of it to pay for a few months of FFXI, but I just want to be sure that the cards are fine. Has anyone used one of the cards to get Crysta yet?
By Nevill 2011-07-29 08:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Using an ultimate card is an option for buying points. Go to the website and try to buy points, and you will see the 3 options for paying. Once you have the points in your account, you go to the enix page to purchase the crysta.

So, if gamestop sells the cards, use your credits to buy that, then use the cad to buy points, and the points to buy crysta.
 Asura.Fuuneko
user: Fuuneko
By Asura.Fuuneko 2011-07-29 09:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you actually need to have Crysta in your SE account for it to show as a payment option? I cal only pick clickandbuy while trying to transfer even though the EU support center's Q&A listed Crysta as one of the payment options. >.<;
By Derfthegalka 2011-07-29 13:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

AWH DAM! THIS DANG OLE MEENS THAT I DANG OLE BUY FANTASTI ELEVN WITH MAH FIRE CRISTALES YO!! =)
By jemster40 2011-07-29 18:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not clear about this "Crysta" thing, i keep thinking is this similar to a monthly game card?
 Fenrir.Lilaan
user: Eutace
By Fenrir.Lilaan 2011-07-29 21:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a EU SEID, a NA Content ID, and I cannot select to add crysta, and click and buy doesn't work either. What else could I possibly do?
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-07-29 23:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Lilaan said:
I have a EU SEID, a NA Content ID, and I cannot select to add crysta, and click and buy doesn't work either. What else could I possibly do?

This post makes me glad I didn't attempt to mix my Japanese POL account with an NA SE Account...

I wonder what kind of trouble would come from such an arrangement >.>
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-07-30 02:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just found a new interview with Tom about all this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3TVi2af1k

It looks like he is going to help us to get CC payment back without
Click and Buy. Would be great.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2011-07-30 12:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mariane, I have an EU SEID and a NA PlayOnline account and I *was* able to add Crysta. It seems that Crysta is only available in certain countries; the type of your account doesn't matter.

I was able to add Crysta by using UltimatePay - it gave me the option to pay using a debit card.
 Asura.Shylaa
user: Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2011-07-30 12:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that use paypal, they dont cover refunds for international transactions. They will tell you to contact the seller directly, I found this out recently from something I ordered and never received. I dont know if crysta or anything FF related would fall into that category since they have an LA office, just throwing it out there.
 Quetzalcoatl.Asiren
user: asiren
By Quetzalcoatl.Asiren 2011-07-30 14:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fuuneko said:
Do you actually need to have Crysta in your SE account for it to show as a payment option? I cal only pick clickandbuy while trying to transfer even though the EU support center's Q&A listed Crysta as one of the payment options. >.<;

Yes. I was not able to choose the Crysta payment option until I paid enough Crysta to cover next month's bill.
 Siren.Nehalania
Server: Siren
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-07-30 19:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So do we need to have crysta (if we're doing it that way) in our account before the first of august? Or are they doing one last regular card billing?
 Bahamut.Asiren
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asiren 2011-07-30 21:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Nehalania said:
So do we need to have crysta (if we're doing it that way) in our account before the first of august? Or are they doing one last regular card billing?

If you've transferred your POL account into your SE account already, then yes, you need to have Crysta in your account before August 1st. (This is assuming you're paying by Crysta.)

If you're not paying by Crysta, then you should have set up a ClickandBuy account and theoretically ClickandBuy will be charging your credit card the subscription fee for August.

If you haven't transferred your POL account yet, SE will be charging your credit card one last time before they force you to use their new payment methods.

It all depends on whether or not you've already transferred your POL account before August 1st.
By Lieniite 2011-07-31 01:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if we need to put money onto the clickandbuy account or if it takes it directly from your credit card?
 Quetzalcoatl.Asiren
By Quetzalcoatl.Asiren 2011-07-31 02:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lieniite said:
Does anyone know if we need to put money onto the clickandbuy account or if it takes it directly from your credit card?

According to SE, you don't need to put money in your ClickandBuy account:

Quote:
Quote:
Will customers who pay via ClickandBuy be subject to any additional fees?
No, customers who have chosen ClickandBuy as their payment method will NOT incur any additional fees when paying for subscriptions.

However, if a customer chooses to store funds within their ClickandBuy E-Money Account (this is not required for SQUARE ENIX customers), they may incur the following fees:

Account Funding Fee
3.9% of any transaction into your ClickandBuy E-Money Account when using a credit card.
Withdrawal Handling Fee
$2.75 per withdrawal from your ClickandBuy E-Money Account
Maintenance Fee
$1.50 per month if a ClickandBuy E-Money Account has been inactive for 12 months and contains funds.

These fees can only be incurred when utilizing a ClickandBuy E-Money Account, and are not applicable to customers who only use ClickandBuy to pay for their subscriptions. For additional details on ClickandBuy E-Money Accounts, please visit the ClickandBuy website at http://clickandbuy.com/US_en/.

You do not need to put any money into your ClickandBuy account since you will be charged an extra 3.9% fee. You only need to set your FFXI subscription to use your ClickandBuy account.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10