Fortifications...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fortifications...
Fortifications...
First Page 2 3 4
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 21:08:07
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks SE...
My Sam friend just attacked it for about 30min...
And got about 65 exp...
We now have no reason to ever attack a fortification ever again.

- Not so much love, Haseyo.

=(
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 21:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously...? They lowered experience that much? What the heck is the point anymore? Do they want us to take over zones or what?
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 21:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf? The only thing they did with fortifications was made it so you can't skill up on them anymore. >.>;;
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-08 21:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

thought they said no more skill ups...not no more anything...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-08 21:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Wtf? The only thing they did with fortifications was made it so you can't skill up on them anymore. >.>;;

They also said EXP was modified.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-08 21:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow 65 exp, that's *** BOGUS
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 21:11:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. There's absolutely no point now. Leave it to the NPCs now I guess.

He's going to test again to see.

This is ridiculous. Already no skill ups, now this?
Is there much reason to dwell in the past?

R.I.P Necro [S].
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 21:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

But... but... We need to have AFK mobs. ; ;

What are we suppose to do now? Actually earn our exp from hitting mobs?!

I may have to hang up my Wings of Honor badge medal now....
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-08 21:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i just did it for a *** hour and a half and got 1275. ***. especially since i did attack some things in between
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 21:17:42

I bought a sword just for Forts for Cor...
This is just so sad...

Sam tested again, for a bit shorter time, 25min. 45 Exp.
This really, really brought me down.

ATLEAST GIVE US FIGHTS IN TOWNS AGAIN!

Normal camps sucks since NPCs now rape everything, I mainly went to fort camps because NPCs don't show up as much. ><;
 Titan.Turelio
Server: Titan
user: turelio
By Titan.Turelio 2009-04-08 21:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I was burning ws and casting holy and stuff on my PLD and got 210 for 30+mins work, no more forts for me.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-08 21:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe we being unfair here......... doesnt it seem unfair that fort fighting basically we were getting exp for basically not playing at all and maybe just looking out for waves incoming
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-08 21:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
maybe we being unfair here......... doesnt it seem unfair that fort fighting basically we were getting exp for basically not playing at all and maybe just looking out for waves incoming

Ya, but nobody is gonna waste time on forts now. I know I'm not gonna, not for 65 exp. So beastmen are gonna be banging down the cities door anyday now...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 21:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here was me thinking they'd increase the experience Fortifications give. I was a little bit off the mark there...
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-08 21:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

well lets just hope the npcs pick up the slack, i do have to say, they did seem to send a lot of waves to assault while i was there
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 21:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be San d'Oria owning everywhere because their NPC's are self reliant (they have buffs, cure each other, etc.) Four Field Woundpatchers is not going to be enough for Bastok to consistently hold places like Pashhow Marshlands. Since nobody is going to bother going to those zones when they're under Beastmen control, the Beastmen are going to dominate now.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 21:27:28

I understand it was free exp, but it was still slow as *** and nothing compared to actually fighting. And it was still good for taking over zones for those that wanted to do the past BCNMs.
Now there is NO point whatsoever.

It was good for getting some exp here and there inbetween invites and stuff. Now campaign battle is like Beseiged - 70+ jobs only >.<;
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 21:28:59

Wooooodum said:
. Since nobody is going to bother going to those zones when they're under Beastmen control, the Beastmen are going to dominate now.

Okay this cheered me up...
Fights in the markets {Yes, please} :3
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-08 21:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

I do try!

I used to love fights in San d'Oria, I don't know why people fussed so much. Some of the best battles ever were in those zones because everything would come at you. At one point on Garuda, beastmen controlled Bastok and Windurst, meaning the Dark Kindred would always attack Southern San d'Oria, along with the hordes of Orcs.

Was seriously good fun and good experience, I can not understand why people complained about it.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-08 21:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There will never be another Witch Sash, Roundel Earring, Cuchulain's Mantle, or Karasutengu Kogake obtained again.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-08 21:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:

I do try!

I used to love fights in San d'Oria, I don't know why people fussed so much. Some of the best battles ever were in those zones because everything would come at you. At one point on Garuda, beastmen controlled Bastok and Windurst, meaning the Dark Kindred would always attack Southern San d'Oria, along with the hordes of Orcs.

Was seriously good fun and good experience, I can not understand why people complained about it.

because "QQ I GETTING RAPE WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I WANNA DO QUESTS WAHHHHHH" o.o
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-08 21:38:45

Haseyo said:
Thanks SE...
My Sam friend just attacked it for about 30min...
And got about 65 exp...
We now have no reason to ever attack a fortification ever again.

- Not so much love, Haseyo.

=(

im his SAM friend....I tried for a good 30min/30min got 65exp/45exp~ and went 1 more time!!!

but there was someone else in the area and he told me got 40exp from hitting the fort

.....and no this isnt fair at all.....when someone is lvl 45~60 whats the point of doing camps??? nothing now the only people who can do camps are lvl 61~75 people so Camps are essentially a Endgame event... SE screwed us over big time
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 21:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I was just reading over the updates and it says adjustments were made. It didn't say "We totally butchered exp on fortifications so no one can exp in campaign except those who hit the mobs."

SE must have felt like they didn't need to put that in. =(
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 22:01:37

Adjust was FAR from what they did.
 Odin.Synyster
Server: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2009-04-08 22:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

probably going to get rated down, but how about earning the xp? you know fight ***not just AFK? just a thought. want easy xp for afk, play WoW and dont disgrace FFXI leet player base please. its half the reason i play this game.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-08 22:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Synyster said:
probably going to get rated down, but how about earning the xp? you know fight ***not just AFK? just a thought. want easy xp for afk, play WoW and dont disgrace FFXI leet player base please. its half the reason i play this game.

What game are you playing with a leet player base?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 22:10:32

Here's a thought - I actually did fight Forts. I'd only afk to go piss. AFKing and fort smacking would barely get you any exp. I work just as hard smacking that wall than I would in an exp party.

Did you just say disgrace the elite player base? Because I see people with the best gear in the damn game sitting in the past, fort smacking right beside me. You can go now.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 22:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Here's a thought - I actually did fight Forts. I'd only afk to go piss. AFKing and fort smacking would barely get you any exp. I work just as hard smacking that wall than I would in an exp party.

Did you just say disgrace the elite player base? Because I see people with the best gear in the damn game sitting in the past, fort smacking right beside me. You can go now.

^

I WS, use job abilities, cast spells... But sometimes it is also nice knowing that if I gotta go afk for even 10 minutes to make some food, pick up my fiance, or run to the store, I won't come back dead and I'll be able to get exp. >.>;; It's just a nice different pace.
 Odin.Synyster
Server: Odin
user: Synyster
By Odin.Synyster 2009-04-08 22:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

just because most the people with leet gear is doing it doesnt make it right? i just prefer the earning of exp as opposed to sitting and smacking a wall while cooking dinner or w/e. tried it once cause it was all the rave in my friends, about 20 minutes in said *** this and bounced and made a pt. im glad they nerfed it tbh.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 22:14:55

@Z: Indeed. And it's not like the exp was 'omgwtfyesh' great either. An exp party would accomplish three times of what I can do in campaign battle, let alone a fort.

This was just mean. ; ;

@Otherguywhocareshisname: So you're glad they nerfed something that doesn't pertain to you basically. Just because you didn't like it, you wanted to see everyone else suffer.

Just go die somewhere please.
First Page 2 3 4