Fortifications...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fortifications...
Fortifications...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-09 07:36:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Shimay said:
Haseyo said:
Shimay said:
guys...you ever heard about eyp party?...at 65?

Ohsorry, I'm a Smn/Drk/Blu/Blm/Mnk/Not-Sam/Cor/Brd/Rdm - you know, those just that just never ever gets inivtes unless last resort? What about poeple like this?

And Lol@noobs getting to 75 from this. Level Sync and Astral burns did a far better jobs that forts have.

i just mean.. well.. its again hard to get a good pt.. maybe SE wanna make that ppl do more pt's instead of going with a ~65 job to campaign?
i can understand, cause i do it too, if you wanna get a buffer short before an event.. or if you just need like 1,5k something to a merrit.. but if everybody goes only to campaign.. its gonna be like before SE made the lvl adaption...where you could never get anybody at the same lvl... at my maintime there are like 1.5k ppl online.. and i guess the half of them are mules or rmts or idk... later during the night like ~2.3k...but at japanese
time like 3.2 k ppl on.. but most of them have a comment like [English] [Party} [no,thx]...at the weekend most ppl on unicorn are doing campaign.. check the areas at the weekend and you will see...
oh..and if there no pts to make for new ppl... they gonna quit before they even get a 75... at least SE dont get more money..XD

Camps does not affect new people (lvl 1~45/ish) from 45+ people do camp while they are seeking... (get exp while your waiting? win/win) when passed 61+ you do camps to get 10k into your level so when your seeking a pt...you can actually ding and get a buffer while your in the pt O.O (OMG NOWAI). Also some people dont want to pt plain and simple they have like 2hr before work....but still want a buffer

It was the best thing ever plain and simple!!!!!!!!! so no this has never influence how many pt was going/ it was your imagination im sorry...gimping forts is the worst thing evar...kkthxbye
 Unicorn.Shimay
Server: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-04-09 07:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Shimay said:
Haseyo said:
Shimay said:
guys...you ever heard about eyp party?...at 65?

Ohsorry, I'm a Smn/Drk/Blu/Blm/Mnk/Not-Sam/Cor/Brd/Rdm - you know, those just that just never ever gets inivtes unless last resort? What about poeple like this?

And Lol@noobs getting to 75 from this. Level Sync and Astral burns did a far better jobs that forts have.

i just mean.. well.. its again hard to get a good pt.. maybe SE wanna make that ppl do more pt's instead of going with a ~65 job to campaign?
i can understand, cause i do it too, if you wanna get a buffer short before an event.. or if you just need like 1,5k something to a merrit.. but if everybody goes only to campaign.. its gonna be like before SE made the lvl adaption...where you could never get anybody at the same lvl... at my maintime there are like 1.5k ppl online.. and i guess the half of them are mules or rmts or idk... later during the night like ~2.3k...but at japanese
time like 3.2 k ppl on.. but most of them have a comment like [English] [Party} [no,thx]...at the weekend most ppl on unicorn are doing campaign.. check the areas at the weekend and you will see...
oh..and if there no pts to make for new ppl... they gonna quit before they even get a 75... at least SE dont get more money..XD

Camps does not affect new people (lvl 1~45/ish) from 45+ people do camp while they are seeking... (get exp while your waiting? win/win) when passed 61+ you do camps to get 10k into your level so when your seeking a pt...you can actually ding and get a buffer while your in the pt O.O (OMG NOWAI). Also some people dont want to pt plain and simple they have like 2hr before work....but still want a buffer

It was the best thing ever plain and simple!!!!!!!!! so no this has never influence how many pt was going/ it was your imagination im sorry...gimping forts is the worst thing evar...kkthxbye

/no
dont agree but w/e
when you check areas you will see how much ppl are lfp and doing camp...
thats how it is here..
ok.. 2 hours before work i can understand that...
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2009-04-09 07:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I went as sam/rng and was spamming the wall with sidewinder for about 20 minutes and then attacked mobs for about 5 minutes, only to recieve 625 xp and 315 AN. Next time fought mobs the whole time (same amount of time) and got around ~1800 xp and 1600 AN. So they definately gimped xp from walls >< Oh well... was good while it lasted...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-09 07:55:52

Response didnt clarify much....
If im doing camp and im not seeking? Means I dont want to pt.
Again not affecting pt
 Unicorn.Shimay
Server: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-04-09 08:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Response didnt clarify much....
If im doing camp and im not seeking? Means I dont want to pt.
Again not affecting pt

ok.. i dont say you MUST everytime pt.. i dont do it that often either...BUT.. lets just say there where never ever camp.. they never brought the WoG out.. what happen to ppl who cant do camp now maybe some more think something like oh well maybe im gonna pt for a while?
IMO i just think, that there are not that much ppl for pt again... and if youre dont wanna pt you dont MUST.. thats not what i mean _-.-_ but IF you do it..(and dont have 2 hours till work or must wc or whatever :p) with 61~ it COULD affect the pts.. cause the whm or rdm or sam or thf or idk who is actually doing camp instead of a exp pt is maybe right at this moment missing for a good old exp pt. And.. youre on Ifrit.. you dont know how it is on Uni.. so whatever....
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 10:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Besieged, remember that? Before Campaign, Al Zahbi would be packed with people waiting for possibly over an hour for the enemy forces to come for battle. Al Zahbi would be crammed in tighter than a fat *** in spandex, but no one complained, cz that's all we had to do.

Now that WoTG is out, everyone is out on the fields fighting mobs and forts. I never really liked the forts, they don't hit back, and me being a MNK at heart, that makes me sad :(

The least SE could do is fix it so not too many NPCs suddenly show up in Grauberg[S] and slow down the bandwidth, or maybe have some of the Fourth Division Galkas be PLDs instead of mindless hacking WARs.

Parties suck these days, everyone is level syncing on Teh Doonz or some other low-level place, causing them to become even more stupid. Oh Ifrit, what has the world become?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 10:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Besieged, remember that? Before Campaign, Al Zahbi would be packed with people waiting for possibly over an hour for the enemy forces to come for battle. Al Zahbi would be crammed in tighter than a fat *** in spandex, but no one complained, cz that's all we had to do.

Now that WoTG is out, everyone is out on the fields fighting mobs and forts. I never really liked the forts, they don't hit back, and me being a MNK at heart, that makes me sad :(

The least SE could do is fix it so not too many NPCs suddenly show up in Grauberg[S] and slow down the bandwidth, or maybe have some of the Fourth Division Galkas be PLDs instead of mindless hacking WARs.

Parties suck these days, everyone is level syncing on Teh Doonz or some other low-level place, causing them to become even more stupid. Oh Ifrit, what has the world become?

That already happened with the release of ToAU so... <.<
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-09 11:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

HAHAHAHAH Your so right on the money there. I so remember that. Even baby powder could stop the chaffing it was soo packed...

Quote:

PLEASE SE.. This is what we need, mindless npcs that do nothing that suck up our bandwidth that we so gracialy donate our Paycheques to keep your servers running...

GET RID OF THE NPC'S
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 11:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Kungfuhustle said:

HAHAHAHAH Your so right on the money there. I so remember that. Even baby powder could stop the chaffing it was soo packed...

Quote:

PLEASE SE.. This is what we need, mindless npcs that do nothing that suck up our bandwidth that we so gracialy donate our Paycheques to keep your servers running...

GET RID OF THE NPC'S

without the NPCs the beastmen will be in the cities in max 2 weeks, which means, all you can do is happy fortifiaction hacking all day long for sucky xp and then maybe go lfp again and enjoy the world of sucky invites - weeee ~

uhm... yeah *irony off*
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-09 11:06:22

Neonracer said:
Kungfuhustle said:

Quote:

GET RID OF THE NPC'S

xD lol...

well dont get "rid" of all the npcs but lets not have them raping everything

ninjer edit edit: well camps that are under BST control rock waaay harder tbh

*just no more witch satch and stuff*
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-09 11:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Or the npcs can all be the whm ones. Love those.
 Odin.Connery
Server: Odin
user: Connery
By Odin.Connery 2009-04-09 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at it from the bright side.

At least those damn dirty beastmen will get barely any exp for hitting our Fortifications. LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE NOT LEVELING UP ON MY WATCH BEASTMEN! XD
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 11:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be nice if the NPC's ramped up or down according to the number of peeps with tags in a given zone. Say, for every 3 PC's 1 NPC goes back home. That way you don't end up with 30 peeps watching 50 NPC's lay waste to everything before they can even swing at ***...
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-09 11:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Endelig said:
Or the npcs can all be the whm ones. Love those.

I second this. I think they should just have WHM NPCs that heal/buff, RDMs that heal/refresh, and BRDs that use songs to buff people, and have the actual players as the main fighting force, besides the NM NPCs.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-09 11:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
It'd be nice if the NPC's ramped up or down according to the number of peeps with tags in a given zone. Say, for every 3 PC's 1 NPC goes back home. That way you don't end up with 30 peeps watching 50 NPC's lay waste to everything before they can even swing at ***...

Lets all use #2's Idea and submit it to SE... that way we get heard.. and this wud be a great idea to tend with.. That way were not under the bandwidth beast.

What would you want? Beastman mobs killing you.. or the Lag beast? either or.. both kill...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 11:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I like this idea.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I like the idea of 50 NPCs spamming Cure IV, Shell III, Protect IV on a single PC, it helps me sleep at night when I know I can fight an NM and not die :P
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2009-04-09 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Haseyo said:
Okay this cheered me up...

I do try!

I used to love fights in San d'Oria, I don't know why people fussed so much. Some of the best battles ever were in those zones because everything would come at you. At one point on Garuda, beastmen controlled Bastok and Windurst, meaning the Dark Kindred would always attack Southern San d'Oria, along with the hordes of Orcs.

Was seriously good fun and good experience, I can not understand why people complained about it.

I think people moaned because the warp npc dissapeared during battles. Then when they fixed that there weren't many town battles lol. I hope they return cos they were the ***~!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-04-09 14:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

just get rid of those nasty usless cannonfodder npcs that slowga our bandwidth...

I think we would do ok in city battles..

Note: WOuldn't it be funny If Bastok, WIndy or Sandy became beastmen controlled... LMAO!!!
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So, did the emergency maintenance affect this at all? Or are all of you still stuck w/o a way to afk and get xp? :P
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 16:09:08

Tbest said:
So, did the emergency maintenance affect this at all? Or are all of you still stuck w/o a way to afk and get xp? :P

Well SE stated the shaft beforehand, not like this was a ninja-nerf, lol.
It sucks, but I'll get over it.
If this means fights in towns again because we won't control areas for ***, then by all means let it shine!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 16:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Well SE stated the shaft beforehand, not like this was a ninja-nerf, lol.

But you gotta admit, this nerf is the mother of all nerfs. Like, imagine they took a Sidewinder that did 1,000 DMG normally and now only did 100. Or killing IT's gave 20 exp instead of 200? Bricks would be shat lol.

50% nerf or something, but good god, this is like a 90% nerf lol...
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 16:17:41

Oh I know that, lol.
This isn't any normal nuke...
This is like Blm/Sch Tarutaru max Int HQ everything best gear ever unresisted Burst II on a pudding nuke. ; ;
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-09 16:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Oh I know that, lol.
This isn't any normal nuke...
This is like Blm/Sch Tarutaru max Int HQ everything best gear ever unresisted Burst II on an open-mouthed hpemde nuke. ; ;

Fixed.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 16:21:31

Whatever that is. ; ;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-09 16:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Whatever that is. ; ;

Double normal damage iirc
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 16:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I've ever fought one, but this, I assume.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-09 16:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe hpemde ftw - soboro can max a 2k+ WS dmg on them ^~^

/sigh attacking campaign suck now ; ; *cry*
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 16:40:20

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Not that I've ever fought one, but this, I assume.

Ohh...
Yeah, Prommy 2-5 here, sowwy.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 17:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'm sitting here watching the bar on my tv screen say 39% complete with this *** update. Is this the epic April update I've been reading about, or is it just SE's buttfuck maintainence update.

Yeah, I was farming when SE was sending messages, so we've all been warned beforehand that SE was gonna *** us up the *** for 5 hours, luckily for me I had a jar of Goblin Grease in my inventory lol.