Fortifications...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fortifications...
Fortifications...
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 17:08:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I never had an update after the maintanence.
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-09 17:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Ok, I'm sitting here watching the bar on my tv screen say 39% complete with this *** update. Is this the epic April update I've been reading about, or is it just SE's buttfuck maintainence update.

Yeah, I was farming when SE was sending messages, so we've all been warned beforehand that SE was gonna *** us up the *** for 5 hours, luckily for me I had a jar of Goblin Grease in my satchel lol.

You lie! They added the satchel in the update.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-09 17:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

16 more minutes.. yay!
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-09 17:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I used to love fights in San d'Oria, I don't know why people fussed so much. Some of the best battles ever were in those zones because everything would come at you. At one point on Garuda, beastmen controlled Bastok and Windurst, meaning the Dark Kindred would always attack Southern San d'Oria, along with the hordes of Orcs.

Was seriously good fun and good experience, I can not understand why people complained about it.

The annoying thing about in-city battles back then, is that often, you couldn't get Sigil, buy new Sprinter's Shoes (or any AN item) for hours, after coming all the way on foot from the present / paying for Retrace, etc.

I remember being part of a merit PT in Oztroja [S]. All the mobs were IT+, the game play was refreshing and quite fun, chaining mob after mob, climbing those stairs all the way to the top (instead of circling around mindlessly, claiming repops), not mentioning the EPIC new battle BGM. I have fond memories of my very first [S] party.

However, I still have a hard time believing how it turned out to be the last one.

It's as if, for a very long while, SE didn't want us to use the new zones for exp parties. On top of the fact we weren't getting IS or CP, we couldn't even take advantage of the bonuses Sigil offers. Technically, these should lead to less downtime which should lead to better exp/hour. Pretty hard convincing 5 people to exp in new zones when SE is doing everything in their power so you won't. Finding people who had purchased the expansion just wasn't enough... >.>

So before even starting to gather, we spent time, waiting in our respective cities, wondering if the Campaign Battle music would stop or if another wave would show up (or if some idiot was soloing the last mob in a hidden corner of the city, preventing the current one from ending), and if it was worth waiting to get Sigil at all. We waited 30+ minutes, then gave up. People showed up with or without Sigil bonuses, depending on their nation. I mean, how RANDOM is that?

Then, the next update supposedly fixed this. From now on, the NPCs would show some more courage (it was even worded like that lol) and stay available during city attacks... Or so the legend update log says...

...because quite ironically, from that day, I've yet to see another in-city battle happening... o.O
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 18:00:53

I'll trade my Sigil in any day for camps in cities. ; ;
 Bismarck.Nours
Server: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-04-10 05:43:18

Sad how they nerfed the best way to get exp on last tier DDs (PUP DRK and so on.)

Apparently 7k/hr was too broken while lfping for 8 hours.
 Unicorn.Tinysalmon
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Tinysalmon 2009-04-10 20:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh... no more fortifications WS & SC
damn it...
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-12 10:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so our Campaign Status dropped from 6 5 6 4 to 4 4 3 10 this week...

I so hope this hasnt to do anything with the Fort changes... i wonder if NPCs will ever get to attack the fortifications and get us some areas back... -.-

Greetz~