Fortifications...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fortifications...
Fortifications...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-08 22:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially for us people who don't hit that hard melee-wise to begin with.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 22:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
This was just mean. ; ;

You need a hug? Because I'm gonna need one when I get IG and try campaigning... ; ;
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 22:17:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Haseyo said:
This was just mean. ; ;

You need a hug? Because I'm gonna need one when I get IG and try campaigning... ; ;

I think I need about 3. ; ;
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 22:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Zekky said:
Haseyo said:
This was just mean. ; ;

I think I need about 3. ; ;

*gives three bro hugs*
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 22:21:07

Ty ty ty :3
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2009-04-08 22:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, here I figured their fix to Eldieme was just going to be a change to the pathing so that the mobs specifically walked RIGHT up to the fortifications instead of walking by.

Instead they gimped to hell fortification bashing in general.

No more noobs soloing to 75! ^.^
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-08 23:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, wouldn't it take like... years to solo to 75 by wallbashing? <.<
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 23:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:

I don't know... I would get like 2k every 15 minutes wall bashing... 8k an hour... 74-75 would take about 5-6 hours... That's how I did my MNK for the most part anyway between 70-74 pre-Lvl sync... No one wanted to invite me until I was 75 and had turban and other gear and merits. >.>;
 Unicorn.Shimay
Server: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-04-08 23:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

guys...you ever heard about eyp party?...at 65?
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 23:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. i r nub
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-08 23:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The main point is, under the old system, there was actually incentive to spending time taking a fort. Now there is absolutely none. Mobs are kinda a crap shoot anyways, what with 50 NPCs dropping them in 3.2 seconds half the time. At least you could fall back on hitting a wall for a while and not totally waste the time...

I still think someone misplaced a decimal somewhere in the nerf, though, cause 65 exp for 30 minutes is ridiculous.
 Ifrit.Myori
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2009-04-08 23:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres still reason to do camps I mean the awesome body they added finally... wait never mind they didnt add anything..
I used to go to camps for a buffer for dynamis :/ good thing my ls became stingy and I quit it...
I think its funny they nerfed this but not astal burns , astral burns make more level 75 noobs then fort smacking ever would have.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-08 23:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what Myori said!

I use campaigning, forts or mobs alike, to keep all my jobs' exp capped for any events. It was nice just hopping down in the past, getting some exp, then run off to Einherjar, dynamis, limbus... Places were exp wasn't gonna happen but deaths were. >.>
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-09 00:30:27

What people dont understand about Wall smacking is.... There is no1 seeking... or I dont have 3hrs for a pt. I can go afk as much as I like. I can also smack a wall at lvl 45~60 with no fears.

It was "convenient" something we totally lack in this game.

Earning XP? WTH dont bring your l33t crap to my exp seriously. Trying to cap several 75 jobs or get a buffer on the lower lvl job is what Wall smacking was all about....recently camps last 10min and everything is dead...or it last 30min and your dead.

RIP Fortification

/welcome back city fights!!!

Edit: Wall smacking also helps you take over the area so there you go... "seriously some ppl.."
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-09 02:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
Aledacia said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Catnachoq Lots of info huh?

Pic in thread from BG:

User submitted image

yeah this happened to me too >.< was fighting a fortification for 10 minutes as 75SAM/DNC. and got 15 xp, 7 allied notes...

hopefully they'll fix that. it looks like they made xp based on damage. but since fortifications barely take any damage..... you barely get any xp when hitting them :P

just before i did maybe 15 minutes in the jungle fighting orcs. and got 650ish xp, and maybe 500 allied notes.

I did see them say something about

SE said:

The following changes have been made to Campaign Battles:
The amount of evaluation points awarded for attacking Fortifications has been adjusted.
Attacking Fortifications and other enemies specific to Campaign no longer increases combat and magic skills, regardless of whether or not you have received the effect of an Allied Tag.

which seems like it sucks royally. and i will not be fighting any fortifications anytime soon if that is not changed.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 02:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my pld, Drk, and war from 71~72 to 75 off campain walls and monsters "more monsters" but still! It was nice exp. and it was fun to get away from the Ordanary! I loved going out there, hitting the wall with friends, so what if i didnt get the best exp so what it's a wall! Its better then the Rutine Party

-voke - /attack <bt> /wait ~> 100% TP Ws
Repeat ...
so borring! atleast in Campain, on walls, I dont have to pay as much attention..

It's Like a Payed vacation! You put in Thousands of Hours, in Normal Partys (work) then you take a lovely Retrace to the past, and waltz on over to the nearst Bst controled area, and smack a few walls, Its Relaxing. ^^ and you get exp for it too ^^

--besides Exp off walls, or monsters, wasn't that grand, untell 70-71+ (thf was getting 1900 a hour?) anyway, Yea ^^; thats how i feel
 Kujata.Appare
Server: Kujata
user: appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-04-09 03:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Azulmagia said:

I don't know... I would get like 2k every 15 minutes wall bashing... 8k an hour... 74-75 would take about 5-6 hours...

You can`t get 8k an hour in campaign, since the max on the highest medal is 90 xp per minute. So 5.4k is the highest you can get.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-09 03:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Appare said:
Zekky said:
Azulmagia said:

I don't know... I would get like 2k every 15 minutes wall bashing... 8k an hour... 74-75 would take about 5-6 hours...

You can`t get 8k an hour in campaign, since the max on the highest medal is 90 xp per minute. So 5.4k is the highest you can get.

Quite possible... You're not including all the other modifiers. Dmg you to, dmg you take, WS points, SC points, job abilities used...
Campaign calculator So look at that. I've done it. My friends have done it. In fact some get 2.5k every 15 minutes based on what job they are just for hitting walls.
 Odin.Appare
Server: Odin
By Odin.Appare 2009-04-09 04:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Quite possible... You're not including all the other modifiers. Dmg you to, dmg you take, WS points, SC points, job abilities used...
Campaign calculator So look at that. I've done it. My friends have done it. In fact some get 2.5k every 15 minutes based on what job they are just for hitting walls.

You don`t understand me, or you just have to look closer on the Time and Medal Total Caps
I knew that I COULD do enough to earn more than 10k an hour when campaigning, but there are fixed amounts of xp per minute that you can earn. For example: On the highest medal (Wings of Honor) you have a limit of 90 xp/minute you can earn, so 15 minutes of battle ca net you a maximum of 1350.
So no, you for sure can`t get 2k xp when doing 15 minutes of campaign battle, you will have to leave your tags on for 22 minutes to reach 1980 xp.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 04:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

some times i DD on Thf, for alittle "Yea spike dmg of 300-600+ is nice" but i allways find my self in the dirt >.> and i still come out, Averageing 1500-1900 (Never broke 2k on my 71 thf yet)

thats mainly with Melee attacks, and Sata's :D
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-09 05:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Appare said:
You don`t understand me, or you just have to look closer on the Time and Medal Total Caps
I knew that I COULD do enough to earn more than 10k an hour when campaigning, but there are fixed amounts of xp per minute that you can earn. For example: On the highest medal (Wings of Honor) you have a limit of 90 xp/minute you can earn, so 15 minutes of battle ca net you a maximum of 1350.
So no, you for sure can`t get 2k xp when doing 15 minutes of campaign battle, you will have to leave your tags on for 22 minutes to reach 1980 xp.

Remember that your Allied Tags become uncapped after 1 hour of fighting.
 Kujata.Appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-04-09 05:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Remember that your Allied Tags become uncapped after 1 hour of fighting.

Hm, where does this information comes from?

But even if it is so, that doesn`t change the amount of xp you can get within 15, 20 or 30 minutes with tags on.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-09 05:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal Experience, as well as many other people. That screenshot was from a two hour fight. Even if tags don't uncap, it disproves your theory.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 06:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew they uncaped, I just allways Turned them in, after a set amount of lag.. I mean Time has passed, and i Feel that ive gotten Enough done to get a Nice chunk of exp~ then, i turn around, and do et again :D
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 06:17:05

Shimay said:

Ohsorry, I'm a Smn/Drk/Blu/Blm/Mnk/Not-Sam/Cor/Brd/Rdm - you know, those just that just never ever gets inivtes unless last resort? What about poeple like this?

And Lol@noobs getting to 75 from this. Level Sync and Astral burns did a far better jobs that forts have.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 06:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand stral burns >.> I admit! I Tryed it. It failed missarbly, 5 attempts with my Ls. (level 13 korokola) 5 smn 1 cor, <.< only managed to kill like 4 things, lol, for 600exp

Did it on Cor, cause I just Cant Stand Low level Dunes pts! D: *Caped marksmen on Rng. Dagger on thf, Sword on pld.. kinda, and leveled Brd, so i have a farely devent know how of the job,

and them should be the Requirements to do a AB PT >.> Caped skills, from other jobs, and know how of how to play the job, from watching others, or some "simmalaer experiance" from other jobs, I.e Rng, and Brd (theres your expensive cor)
 Kujata.Appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-04-09 06:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Personal Experience, as well as many other people. That screenshot was from a two hour fight. Even if tags don't uncap, it disproves your theory.

How exactly does this pic prove that my "theory" is wrong?
The only thing it proves is that you can get ~9k in 2 hours of battle.
You could get 10.8k in exactly 120 minutes following the theory on the clopedia-page. I did not say you can`t get more than 5.4k in a long battle, just not more than this amount of xp in 60 minutes.

But anyhow, how would an uncapping after a one hour long battle affect the amount of xp you can get in the capped time BEFORE the hour is over?

I´ve done literally hundreds of campaign battles. I´ve got a clock directly in front of my TV. When I go to the C.A. to turn in my tags after 16 minutes of hitting, curing, enfeebling and getting hit with my dancer I will get exactly 16 x 90 = 1440 xp. When I go to the C.A. a minute later I will get 1530 xp. Just try it out while using a watch.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-09 06:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad, I misread your original post, so disregard the second part.

I'm quite sure that the caps on Wiki are wrong, they just seem too uniform to be correct; campaign rewards are often erratic at best. I can't prove them wrong though unfortunately without doing thousands of battles, which I'm not about to do for something that was implemented for fun. :)

I don't do campaign to camp my experience anyway, I do it to have fun and just happen to get good experience in the process. People who deliberately turn in their tags halfway through a battle "for more experience" not only make me laugh (because you won't necessarily get more unless you've already capped a variety of actions) but also make me sad.
 Kujata.Appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-04-09 07:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
My bad, I misread your original post, so disregard the second part.

Ok, already forgot about it :)

Wooooodum said:
I'm quite sure that the caps on Wiki are wrong, they just seem too uniform to be correct; campaign rewards are often erratic at best. I can't prove them wrong though unfortunately without doing thousands of battles, which I'm not about to do for something that was implemented for fun. :)

I think 3 battles will do ;) You just need to know your medal/cap and the time spent with tags on. When I reach the cap (reads: more than 50% of xp received as AN-reward) the xp is always divisible by 90 (and when multiplying 90 with the minutes undertags I always come to the same number as the xp earned).

Wooooodum said:
People who deliberately turn in their tags halfway through a battle "for more experience" not only make me laugh (because you won't necessarily get more unless you've already capped a variety of actions) but also make me sad.

I have to confess that I did turn in tags while campaigning with my WHM, since you can get not very much xp for curing and that cap is easily reached. Playing with an 360 and experienced dozens of freezes (and with that the loss of all xp) while doin campaign when I was on Odin, I still get somewhat nervous when a battle goes on for a very long time, so I turn in my tags from time to time.
 Unicorn.Shimay
Server: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-04-09 07:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Shimay said:

Ohsorry, I'm a Smn/Drk/Blu/Blm/Mnk/Not-Sam/Cor/Brd/Rdm - you know, those just that just never ever gets inivtes unless last resort? What about poeple like this?

And Lol@noobs getting to 75 from this. Level Sync and Astral burns did a far better jobs that forts have.

i just mean.. well.. its again hard to get a good pt.. maybe SE wanna make that ppl do more pt's instead of going with a ~65 job to campaign?
i can understand, cause i do it too, if you wanna get a buffer short before an event.. or if you just need like 1,5k something to a merrit.. but if everybody goes only to campaign.. its gonna be like before SE made the lvl adaption...where you could never get anybody at the same lvl... at my maintime there are like 1.5k ppl online.. and i guess the half of them are mules or rmts or idk... later during the night like ~2.3k...but at japanese
time like 3.2 k ppl on.. but most of them have a comment like [English] [Party} [no,thx]...at the weekend most ppl on unicorn are doing campaign.. check the areas at the weekend and you will see...
oh..and if there no pts to make for new ppl... they gonna quit before they even get a 75... at least SE dont get more money..XD