player warning > Iodo
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Leey
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-04-06 11:04:56
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

huge gil seller and if i could post screenshots of id show some of the conversations ive had with BBQ members (the shell he is in) seems he is left alone because its hard to kick ppl from BBQ + he has a very old members account (Gaspin), he camps the same NMs over and over (Cassie/Serket/Bune/Jet Seweels NM *sp*) just like classic RMT, he is very arrogant too and only recently started buying some big items to throw ppl off but if you ask around on odin everyone seems to know about it, he camps like 1 HNM every 2 weeks and normally leaves windows early to camp his gil NMs lol very clever *** since he is hiding behind his LS to cover his tracks.

he also has access to a RDM75 Eviee and a scout mule Cuspid.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-06 11:10:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

*waits*
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-06 11:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Has potential...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-06 11:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

umm.. lol?

Making gil means selling gil now?
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-06 11:42:24

This thread is now about Corgis
User submitted image
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-06 11:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw him (Iodo) at Serket camp many days last week until window shifted to when the people I'd been camping it with had school/work and we let it go.

The first day we went there based on a tip from a friend who saw Serket unclaimed, and when we got there, (~ 5 minutes later) BBQ already had it, and a large contingent of MoogleLounge was there also watching. As far as I could tell Iodo was working with the BBQ people on Serket on that day. Butcher was there on his pimped out DNC, so he could confirm or deny whether Iodo was with them or not.

Next window, Iodo was upstairs peering down through the floor above one of the mesas, and didn't move at all when Serket popped and we took it down, leading me to believe he was just ToD camping that window. Cuspid was there, but not the RDM. No one else from BBQ or ML was there that day, which made me wonder if they just didn't care, or if something else was up or due that was more worth their time.

If you have more information that makes you suspect Iodo, you should share it or just let it go. Just because someone camp an NM regularly, especially one that can be worth some gil, doesn't make them RMT. Just ask your own LS leader. It's usually pretty easy to tell what windows he's tracking based on sales and titles, but I know him and he's not RMT. He's just someone that knows how to make money.

Heck, the same duo has been taking down Cassie for a few weeks now with regularity, and I know one of them personally, so while some people might looks and say it's RMT, it's just good players making bank on an NM.

I used to do mercenary runs of Primes + Fenrir with friends, but it doesn't make me RMT either, just someone who found a market and had a service they could provide.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-06 11:45:10

User submitted image

Wait- if everyone knows about him, then why post a warning ><;
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-06 11:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you how easy it is to break a pearl. You get a sack or the shell to go to the linkshell menu and they break the pearl. It takes like 3 seconds; maybe 5 if you have lag.

If they haven't done so, I'd wager that they either don't really know if he is gilselling, or they condone the practice.

If he's leaving LS HNM camps to do personal camping, it would seem like grounds for a "kick attack" from a shell. I can't imagine any serious HNMLS like BBQ tolerating that crap for any period of time before they do something. Hell, I've kicked people from a social for lesser things.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-06 11:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Most Awesomest Corgi Evar!

User submitted image
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-06 12:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This^
 Odin.Iodo
user: Scient
By Odin.Iodo 2009-04-07 15:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why Leey is so pissed at me. I am a little greedy when it comes to nms but posting that I am rmt is taking it a little too far.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-07 15:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Iodo said:
Not sure why Leey is so pissed at me. I am a little greedy when it comes to nms but posting that I am rmt is taking it a little too far.

Are you new? Anytime anybody does anything someone else doesn't like they're RMT...so by extension, we're pretty much all RMT.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-07 15:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I bought an energy drink before work = RMT
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-07 15:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Today I bought an energy drink before work

GTFO RMT scum! ^^
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-07 15:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I can stay awake and claim every Morion Worm muahahaha
 Odin.Iodo
user: Scient
By Odin.Iodo 2009-04-07 15:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I've played this game for about 6 years, so either I'm the best rmt ever or leey is just jealous.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-07 15:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Iodo said:
Actually I've played this game for about 6 years

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
GTFO RMT scum! ^^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-07 15:50:37

Leey said:
if i could post screenshots of id show some of the conversations ive had with BBQ members

I lol'd way harder than I should've at this.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-07 15:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to get called RMT farming in CZB all the time.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 15:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
CZB

What's CZB? Never heard anyone use that.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-07 15:52:39

Castle Zthenkjtejrtjan Bailey is my guess.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-07 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
I used to get called RMT farming in CZB all the time.

***, I get called RMT just 'cause of my name...guess there used to be a suspected RMT named Numbertwo back in the day on Fairy. Makes for AWESOME times, specially when I need a raise >.<
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-07 15:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

seems like the OP is pissed because he can't make the gil of Iodo. I would think that with as much as SE bans people now a days that if Iodo was selling gil, he would have already been banned.

Good job for killing your credit by crying "Gil seller" because you are too lazy to make as much gil as he is.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 15:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/player_search.php?sid=17&search_q=xx

90% of these people are RMT. And that's just on my server.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-04-07 16:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, guys!
I've seen suspicious RMT activity! Apparently, people are selling things on this "Auction House" and making thousands or even millions of gil per sale! This setracts from the game because people farm what I farm to sell mats instead of using them! BAWWWWWWWWWWW!
They're making money, so they must be RMT!
RMT
RMT
GIL SEL
RMT
UNDERCUTTING WTF
RMT
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-07 16:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the place with like, the demons and ya know, used to be super awesome to farm until SE hit it with a nerf stick the size of Mother Russia.

There was this THF that used to farm in there who I am fairly certain actually was RMT, named Cattle. I could be totally wrong, but he farmed solo and would basically just sit in one of the outer rooms and kill the 4 demons there, then rest HP back in the middle of the room and wait. If it wasn't RMT, it was certainly a normal player that didn't care about making very good gil/time.

Used to love camping Spook back in the day, too. That was like where the RMT sent their trainees or something. Of course, since the doors on Odin closed, more and more of the legitimate RMT (is that an oxy moron) are slowly disappearing.

There was a MNK/THF that used to bot-farm dhalmels in Buburimu Peninsula, and when I was out there skilling leather I discovered I could make the bot screw up so it kept chasing a claimed mob up against a cliff. I actually did this on purpose to show a GM, and the MNK was gone a few weeks later.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 16:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh, THAT CZB. I knew that. I used to farm there too until RMT decided to lock down on that coffer for some item duplication exploit or something they figured out.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-07 16:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't need to duplicate anything. It dropped maybe 20-25k gil if you were in a party with another person (for some reason they seem to drop more total gil when there are more people in the party), and Mage's Ballad II came from it a lot, too.

Add to that Flare, Fire IV, Lv 40 Ni scrolls, and the incredible NPC rate on the beastmen weapons that dropped there, and that place was a veritable goldmine.

However, the coffer adjustments and the npc price for those weapons made it not as good as it used to be. Coincidentally, prices on Flare, Fire IV, and Mage's Ballad II have gone up dramatically since the nerf.

Really, I liked it because you could make good gil, get decent EXP, the demons seem to drop an inordinately high amount of Kindred Seals (makes some sense if you consider that they are Kindred), and above all that, it was still a place that was dangerous enough to farm that if you didn't pay attention, you could get killed pretty fast.

The RMT were ever present, but the biggest problem was that once it became more common knowledge that it was a good farming place, you used to see a lot more farming duo/trio groups clearing it out. It could handle about 2-3 teams and still have enough mobs if they were spread out, but if there were more than that, it was a waste of time.
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-04-08 10:28:21

couldnt find this thread cos of my comp *** up and Iodo theres a reason why me/alot of others hate you, for 1 your a liar and deals seem to mean nothing to you (Glop?) yea, @ the ppl defending him yea he is great at making money (anyone who has 4 accounts sitting at NMs is) but what for exactly? he has bought a few couple of mil items and the rest? unless this guy is sitting on a *** ***ton of gil you please tell me what he does with it all.

FYI its not just me who thinks/claims he sells gil its 80% of the ppl you ask who "know" him but all wrong right because he posted he isnt? ok, and jealous? of what exactly... i dont have the best gear in the world but im very happy with it (ever had a novio and access to a kraken club?) i dont envy anyone nor have i ever.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-08 10:32:00

So , just because you don't know what he spends it on, he must be RMT?
Wild thought - you can buy stuff from bazaars, you know.
First Page 2 3 4